April 18, 2014 | 930 users online

Eye Shadow - Cover Girl - Smoky ShadowBlast

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2010 4:36:00 PM More reviews by BluePlastic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Alas, I bought two of these (Tempest Blue and Purple Plum) without reading the reviews here first. I thought the packaging and application looked easy and handy and that I might not be allergic to a cream eyeshadow (tend to have sensitivities to a lot of eyeshadow formulations except for the powdered mineral kind, for some reason).

Unfortunately, they simply don't work. I don't mind that the color payoff is low because I'm not interested in having dark or bright colors on my eyes, but I *do* mind the creasing! After I used them the first time and realized how they crease and rub off, I tried to salvage them (even though I shouldn't have had to) by putting a layer of primer on first, then the eyeshadow, then a layer of translucent powder on top. No dice, still creased.

So now I'm stuck with having wasted almost $20 on useless eyeshadow - kind of expensive for something that doesn't work! I would have considered the price worth it had they been easy to use and had any kind of staying power without all the creasing. Would definitely NOT buy again unless they improve the formula. I still love the idea, even though the product itself is faulty. I had no problems with breakage, although that could be because I simply haven't used them very many times.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2010 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Woodykd84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product after seeing the commercials (mind you every time I buy a CG product I end up disappointed). The commercial is a lie! It doesn't not look anything like how it does on Drew Barrymore and shame on them for depicting it that way. It's $7 for one and I think that's ridiculous for what you're getting. The pigmentation is crap and it creases and gets oily after a few hours with or without a base. I used it once and was so disappointed I couldn't even give it a second try. I wish I had read the reviews before buying since I've seen most people do not like this product. After my experience with this and the Lash Blast mascara I am returning to walking right past the CG area for good. Sorry CG but you and I just do not get along.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2010 7:03:00 AM More reviews by oohlaliza

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like many of you, I became interested in CG's shadow blasts after seeing the ads with Drew Barrymore--so cute, right?! But after reading the reviews here, I was nervous to buy my own! Luckily for me, I got the chance to try out this product for FREE through BzzAgent (check them out, bzzagent.com!) I have the purple/silver shadow blast and I love the colors. It glides on smoothly and evenly, and the purple looks great as a liner on its own! The product design is definitely innovative, too. I wouldn't say these create a "smoky eye," but they give some nice color. A caveat: this product is not long wearing and it takes a LOT of product to create a highly-pigmented look. If you want something that's going to last all day or night, use a primer for sure! Not my favorite, but for a free product I'm satisfied.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2010 4:40:00 AM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I rarely buy drugstore cosmetics, but like another poster said, I saw the ad with Drew Barrymore-she was wearing the purple/pink (purple plume) and looked great, and since my eyes are about the same color as hers, I thought I'd try it. Pretty much a waste of money, The pink is so pale and pasty, it takes tons to show up just a little. The liner side was a great color and made my eyes pop, but clumsy to handle and almost impossible to line your eyes with it. The only thing good about the whole experience is the liner color looks great on me. I may try it with a good pink eyeshadow, and primer, and see if it will work. I imagine this will dry out or break fairly soon, but that will give me time to dupe the darker color with a quality shadow or liner to give the same effect. Otherwise, stay away,

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2010 10:31:00 PM More reviews by txmama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Although I love the colors and convenience of this shadow/liner, the quality is very poor. I agree with the other reviews that it's really hard to get the shadow & liner on the "Smoky" pen to show up. I find that I have to apply the liner at least twice for it to actually look decent. The other problem with all of the ShadowBlast pens I've purchased is that the caps do not stay on well and I've had them pop off in my makeup bag and mark up my other products. Last, but not least, the product just does not last. If you do use them, be prepared to carry them with you because they fade off after a few hours.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2010 12:09:00 PM More reviews by swirly_whirl85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't believe the MAs use this product (and other Cover Girl products, of course) on the models in America's Next Top Model. Makes me wonder what I am doing wrong with this product, because it sure doesn't look the same on me as it does on the ANTM girls. How in the world is Cover girl getting away with making such crappy products??

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2010 4:05:00 AM More reviews by peridot180

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this free as a BzzAgent. I was not very big on this eyeshadow. I was very excited to try it because I always wanted to get that smoky eye look without much hassle. Unfortunately, this product did not live up to the hype. I got mine in Tempest Blue. I like the design of the applicator, but it does seem like the rounded and tapered ends have dried out a lot since using them a few times. It also looks like they could easily break off at any moment. The rounded end has very little pigment and it takes several coats to get enough (and even at that, itís not enough pigment). When I do get sufficient pigment on my lids, it doesnít stay on very well and creases a lot throughout the day, which I really, really disliked. Itís nothing like whatís pictured on the website. Very disappointed. I would not recommend it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2010 3:01:00 PM More reviews by amanderz1693

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is by far the worst cosmetic product I have ever bought! It doesn't last and it even runs down your eyelids. This is a total waste of money! And also when you twist it to get it out the eyeshadow out to use it, it breaks right off.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2010 1:28:00 PM More reviews by greenelady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I received this product as apart of a BzzzAgent Campaign and selected the product in silver sky. I had read several negative reviews on the product, but I wanted to try it for myself. Who doesn't want a easy to do smokey eye, Right?

First off, let me say that I really liked the colors, a very shimmery slate grey/silver color and a purpley plum color as the crease color.

Second, the application was easy enough, put the shadow on the lid, then apply the crease color in the crease. Blend if need be.

Overall, I was very disappointed in the product. While the shadow did not go on as greasy as I thought it was, it still ended up creasing. The Crease color had a very slippery, greasy consistency, and made my eyelids feel even more oily than they already are. It just did not have the staying power I really wish that it would.

I am glad that I received this for free, because I would be very upset I paid my money for this product.

Hopefully they will improve this product, because I think that the ideal of a smokey eye in a stick is a great concept.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2010 12:10:00 PM More reviews by heybumper

I purchased this product in Onyx smoke from CVS as part of their buy one, get 50% off sale today. I can't wait to go return it. It is truly one of the worst products I have ever used in my entire life. The colors go on very, very light and then when you try to blend, the black just smears the white around and you look a hot mess. The colors are greasy and they crease as soon as you blink. I've had the color on for about 3 hours now, and it's completely gone except for a couple of random streaks on my eyelids.

Total fail on Cover Girl's part. Do not waste your time or money with this.