September 3, 2014 | 1477 users online

Eye Shadow - Cover Girl - Smoky ShadowBlast

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2010 10:46:00 PM More reviews by aquaopal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Black

I got this for free to try...and I love it.

I got the brown neutral color, and it glides on and blends so nicely. It is so quick and easy to apply and I always have this in my purse for quick touchups or those mornings when I am in a rush and did not have time to apply my eye makeup before jumping in my car.

I would definitely purchase again.

Although the caps on these things break easily I do like the packaging, easy and petite.

ETA: I only use these for quick touchups or as a base. The packaging is horrible, all the caps broke as well as the sticks themselves. I will finish using up the ones I own, but will not be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2010 6:43:00 PM More reviews by MsMelly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

At first, I was with everyone else. I hated the product- no lasting power, it creased and wore off in a short time.

Then one day I applied a neutral color powder shadow underneath and then applied the Shadow Blast like usual. Amazing difference! It stayed my whole work day. No creasing. It looked pretty dang good!

So, people should try that and see if they have the same results.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2010 12:58:00 AM More reviews by yingyingz

I purchased the Cover Girl Smoky ShadowBlast in Bronze Fire. I really wanted to like this product because of the colors and the shimmery cream, however what ultimately happened was I was disappointed with the packaging. Both of the cream sticks broke and fell out of the stick within only 2 weeks of using it. Therefore this may be a warning for some who buy this product to be gentle with it. I do love the champagne color of the rounded tip, especially when I apply it in the inner corners of my eyes to brighten them up. Ultimately, I would not repurchase this product due to the poor quality of the packaging. It does crease for me as well, and I don't use that much of it.

EDIT: This product has started to grow on me, as I've started using it more. I like the rounded tip with the champagne color a lot.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2010 9:36:00 PM More reviews by bubblesh203

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When I saw this product on the tv a while ago I got curious and went out to by one of them. Later that week my grandmother bought me one for a holiday. I have the light brown/ dark brown and the white/ black tubes. as soon as I got them the light brown and the black broke. The color payoff is horrible on the dark brown and the black. After the two broke I moved them to some empty eyeshadow pots that I had lying around and I geuss you could say I like them a lot more after I put them into the eyeshadow pots. To me they feel a lot more creamy and easier to apply. For me they lasted about half of my school day so right before lunch I would re-apply it. Overall It's not my favorite product but it's not my least favorite product.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2010 4:36:00 PM More reviews by BluePlastic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Alas, I bought two of these (Tempest Blue and Purple Plum) without reading the reviews here first. I thought the packaging and application looked easy and handy and that I might not be allergic to a cream eyeshadow (tend to have sensitivities to a lot of eyeshadow formulations except for the powdered mineral kind, for some reason).

Unfortunately, they simply don't work. I don't mind that the color payoff is low because I'm not interested in having dark or bright colors on my eyes, but I *do* mind the creasing! After I used them the first time and realized how they crease and rub off, I tried to salvage them (even though I shouldn't have had to) by putting a layer of primer on first, then the eyeshadow, then a layer of translucent powder on top. No dice, still creased.

So now I'm stuck with having wasted almost $20 on useless eyeshadow - kind of expensive for something that doesn't work! I would have considered the price worth it had they been easy to use and had any kind of staying power without all the creasing. Would definitely NOT buy again unless they improve the formula. I still love the idea, even though the product itself is faulty. I had no problems with breakage, although that could be because I simply haven't used them very many times.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2010 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Woodykd84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product after seeing the commercials (mind you every time I buy a CG product I end up disappointed). The commercial is a lie! It doesn't not look anything like how it does on Drew Barrymore and shame on them for depicting it that way. It's $7 for one and I think that's ridiculous for what you're getting. The pigmentation is crap and it creases and gets oily after a few hours with or without a base. I used it once and was so disappointed I couldn't even give it a second try. I wish I had read the reviews before buying since I've seen most people do not like this product. After my experience with this and the Lash Blast mascara I am returning to walking right past the CG area for good. Sorry CG but you and I just do not get along.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2010 7:03:00 AM More reviews by oohlaliza

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like many of you, I became interested in CG's shadow blasts after seeing the ads with Drew Barrymore--so cute, right?! But after reading the reviews here, I was nervous to buy my own! Luckily for me, I got the chance to try out this product for FREE through BzzAgent (check them out, bzzagent.com!) I have the purple/silver shadow blast and I love the colors. It glides on smoothly and evenly, and the purple looks great as a liner on its own! The product design is definitely innovative, too. I wouldn't say these create a "smoky eye," but they give some nice color. A caveat: this product is not long wearing and it takes a LOT of product to create a highly-pigmented look. If you want something that's going to last all day or night, use a primer for sure! Not my favorite, but for a free product I'm satisfied.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2010 4:40:00 AM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I rarely buy drugstore cosmetics, but like another poster said, I saw the ad with Drew Barrymore-she was wearing the purple/pink (purple plume) and looked great, and since my eyes are about the same color as hers, I thought I'd try it. Pretty much a waste of money, The pink is so pale and pasty, it takes tons to show up just a little. The liner side was a great color and made my eyes pop, but clumsy to handle and almost impossible to line your eyes with it. The only thing good about the whole experience is the liner color looks great on me. I may try it with a good pink eyeshadow, and primer, and see if it will work. I imagine this will dry out or break fairly soon, but that will give me time to dupe the darker color with a quality shadow or liner to give the same effect. Otherwise, stay away,

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2010 10:31:00 PM More reviews by txmama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Although I love the colors and convenience of this shadow/liner, the quality is very poor. I agree with the other reviews that it's really hard to get the shadow & liner on the "Smoky" pen to show up. I find that I have to apply the liner at least twice for it to actually look decent. The other problem with all of the ShadowBlast pens I've purchased is that the caps do not stay on well and I've had them pop off in my makeup bag and mark up my other products. Last, but not least, the product just does not last. If you do use them, be prepared to carry them with you because they fade off after a few hours.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2010 12:09:00 PM More reviews by swirly_whirl85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't believe the MAs use this product (and other Cover Girl products, of course) on the models in America's Next Top Model. Makes me wonder what I am doing wrong with this product, because it sure doesn't look the same on me as it does on the ANTM girls. How in the world is Cover girl getting away with making such crappy products??