April 16, 2014 | 1417 users online

Powder - Pur Minerals - Pressed Powder Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2011 8:06:00 PM More reviews by elambie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It's been about 3 years since I have used Pur Minerals pressed foundation and when Ulta had a buy one get one free sale one it, I rediscovered my love for it. The coverage is much better than BM and is very comparable to a liquid foundation. Sometimes, I'll even use it over a tinted moisturizer just to build more coverage. Great find!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2011 1:03:00 AM More reviews by MissCaitylish

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this powder, it's my go to and seriously my HG :)

It goes on smooth and isn't as cakey as BM. It lasts me all day and I never have to do any touch ups :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2011 12:58:00 AM More reviews by VioletMuse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is awesome! I've used Jane Iredale, Everyday Minerals and BM and Pur Minerals is still my fave. I definitely prefer pressed powders, because I hate having to clean up fallout. I have pretty clear skin to begin with, so even without primer, this makes my skin look great super quick. I use the chisel brush when I need more coverage (I don't use it all the time because I found it pretty coarse after washing it) but normally just dust it on with a powder brush. I usually do a quick sweep over the face and it stays sweat proof all day (and that's ever after yoga and I swear, it's been boiling all summer!) I never have to touch up and it stays nearly flawless at the end of the day. I got this BOGO from purminerals.com and picked up light for summer and porcelain for winter. Seriously, the 4-1 and mineral glow and I'm good to go :)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2011 8:54:00 PM More reviews by sarahmeghan

Poor coverage... and colour variety. Just a really poor makeup. This product claims to be a 4 in 1. I disagree.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2011 3:58:00 PM More reviews by alexaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

If you have dry skin don't even bother with this product. This powder caked over my dry areas and looked so obvious.

If you have acne-prone skin be careful with this product. Because Pur Minerals uses Bismuth Oxychloride in their foundation (creates a beautiful finish but is known to be irritating), I spot-tested before applying it to my entire face. Good thing I did because I woke up to three new pimples in that area. This isn't saying much, however, seeing as almost every foundation breaks me out... I'm cursed =/

But if you have the type of skin that can handle anything, I suggest you try this product. It covers well and looks very natural (as long as your skin isn't dry), feels light on your face, and lasts all day.

Message me if you have any questions! =)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 9:17:00 PM More reviews by misskittycity74

This my ALL TIME FAVORITE foundation. The color (Light) looks perfect on my fair skin. It gives a beautiful finish and feels like nothing is there! I'm prone to breakout and this has never caused a problem. I am a total product junkie, but my foundation search is over with this - I'm not even tempted to try something new!! HG product for sure. I'm in love and will never stray.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2011 12:20:00 PM More reviews by lillybloo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

* HG Alert!*
This stuff is wonderful! I recommend it to everyone I know. I've used Jane Iredale, Tarte and BM mineral foundations and Pur Minerals blows them all out of the water. Even without primer, this makes your skin look "finished" in no time. I use the chisel tip brush when I need more coverage (I find the brush coarse and scratchy!) but normally just dust it on with a powder brush, layering a little more if I need it. Sweat proof ( I swear!) and almost flawless at the end of the day, I never touch up. I usually get this BOGO when Ulta has their sale. I pick up blush medium for summer and light for winter/fall. I'm done even trying other things. I'm a lifer now. =)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2011 3:33:00 AM More reviews by Kimaloo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchased this powder at Ulta a few months ago in the "Bestsellers Trio." It came with a travel size powder, brush, and correcting primer. The powder works great on it's own smoothing out the texture of my skin without being heavy or giving me that obvious make-up look which I love. (As an aside, the primer that came along with it is amazing at correcting color issues and smoothing out my skin even more.) I wear the powder almost daily and I'm just now getting to the bottom of the compact which is pretty awesome... I may just stick to buying the trio since it's only $10 and doesn't take up a lot of space in my purse.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2011 5:45:00 PM More reviews by bubbleluscious

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this at my local Shopper's. In terms of price, I thought it was sort of expensive, personally.. Around $30 plus tax it came to around $40. So that being said, it definitely doesn't come super cheap. But I think it makes sense b/c the quality of the product is wonderful..especially the ingredients which are natural (be even awesomer if they were organic) plus gentle+won't break you out. I really like the packaging and how it includes a mirror and a little whatcha-ma-call-it.. spongey thing? LOL. The spongey thing is for applying the product btw.. o.o. But you don't have to use it, because there is also a brush made by Pur Minerals designed to be used with the compact foundation. Now down to how I like the Pur Minerals Pressed Powder Foundation!
I have been using this for about 6 months now.. it is the first powder I have EVER tried. I put alot of research into the product before I actually bought it, and I have to say I am happy with my purchase and have been re-buying for the past 6 months. In that amount of time I have used around 3 or 4 compacts (I know that is sort of too much lol). Butttttt me likes how it creates a natural look without making it look like you are wearing a bunch of makeup. In terms of coverage, I think it is on the light-medium side. Doesn't cover pimples on it's own, but it does make them less noticeable and does a great job of evening out your skin tone. So if you have moderate-severe acne, you will need something else like a tinted moisturizer/BB cream underneath, or concealer. What I do: Wash your face of course. Put on BB cream to areas that need coverage(Apples of my cheeks is where I get the most of my acne) and spot treating individual pimples. Conceal dark circles w/ BB cream. Then I put all over my face the Pur Minerals Foundation to even everything out, and blend it into my jawline and neck. Viola! :) It leaves my skin with a matte, soft feel.. It absorbs oil pretty well, but if you have oily skin like I do, you may need to reapply a few times throughout the day. Hmm.. in terms of smell, it doesn't rly have one. lol. So emmm yeah that's pretty much it:)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2011 1:42:00 PM More reviews by hawaiian_tropic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After using this product I will not try another brand of powder,etc. It looks so natural,NEVER cakey no matter how much is put on, and has great coverage.Also,although it is actually of good value because it seems to really last a long time. My complexion seems to have improved after using this as well. I just wish they had a larger variety of colors.