August 22, 2014 | 1952 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Single in Nutty

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2011 1:09:00 PM More reviews by 123loverXOXO

This colour is gorgeous and a great dupe for MAC satin taupe. The formula is super smooth and pigmented, however, I don't find myself reaching for this too much. When I do I love it because it is absolutely stunning. Overall, this is great: awesome price and product, but it hasn't hit HG status for me yet.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2011 8:58:00 PM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

When I first started getting into makeup I never would have guesed Wet 'n' Wild eyeshadow would become an HG for me. I thought I would at some point only accept Chanel and Guerlain. Well, 8 years later I do not own eyeshadow from either company!
I am just amazed at how such an inexpensive eyeshadow could have such multi-dimensional pigment and look good on such a wide range of people. I can hardly complain about the packaging considering the price and it deosn't matter that much to me, but FYI: it does tend to crumble away easily out of the packaging. If your careful (unlike myself) this shouldn't happen. Without a doubt, I will continue to buy this!
UPDATE*** I just have to add that the other day I couldn't find my beloved eyebrow pencil and had to leave the house in 5 minutes so i grabbed this with a little shadow brush to fill in my brows! I SWEAR my brows looked better that day than they had in a long time! Who knew

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2011 1:40:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Amazing colour, mild shimmer, great texture... Lovely, and very useful... I've been using it in different looks, eg pinks, greens, etc.. it makes them more polished

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2011 4:03:00 AM More reviews by jmsic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a BEAUTIFUL taupe color. I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this but its an EXACT DUPE for Nars Ashes to Ashes. I owned the Nars eyeshadow before i bought Nutty and thought, huh, they seem like they would be similar. They're not just similar, they're exactly the same and to be honest, I prefer the Wet n Wild version's texture more. Its softer and creamier and a tad more pigmented. LOVE THIS COLOR and its dirt cheap (1.99 but I got mine 40% off at Rite Aid which came out to be something like a dollar and change). GO GET IT!!!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2011 8:09:00 PM More reviews by NaturalGirl1116

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Wet n Wild makes some of the best eyeshadow!!! Believe it or not I actually prefer WnW over my Mac eye shadow. I have several palates and singles and nutty is one of my favorite colors!!! It's a goregous cool taupe color that looks beautiful with my fair skin tone. I like using this shade with my walking on eggshells palate. I just use nutty as the crease color in place of the other one. I recommend WnW where ever I go and people can't believe it!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2011 7:41:00 PM More reviews by amarock

I wrote that I wouldn't buy this product again - actually, I have purchased this item 2 times because I wasn't getting the "Satin Taupe-sque" shade that everyone else was raving about. I purchased my first Nutty about a year ago, and while the texture was soft and smooth, the colour showed up as a one dimensional silver on me (NC20 skintone). I wasn't too impressed and tried layering it over various coloured bases to attempt to bring out the taupe, but it was more trouble than it was worth. Some time passed and a few months ago I decided to buy another one to give it another whirl (since they're $2 CAD a pop here) and this time around, the colour was a slightly more warmed toned taupe (ie it wasn't pure silver) and had more multi-dimensional shimmer. When swatched side by side, I can definitely see the difference between the 2 versions of Nutty I bought - I guess the shade can differ by batches in manufacturing! I find this colour (2nd Nutty) to be fairly universally flattering and easy to wear as a one colour lid look, however, the pigmentation is somewhat lacking, and the staying power isn't great. Overall, a good inexpensive drugstore alternative, but not a shade I reach for too often. The packaging is quite compact and no frills which I appreciate.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2011 7:05:00 PM More reviews by lilbeebee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought after much deliberation since I have plenty of colors along the lines of this shade. But alas I caved, and so glad I did. This color has become one of my go to everyday shades. Easily applied, nice consistency, blends well. I have already purchased my second one of these, so its safe to say would repurchase on a regular basis : )

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2011 3:13:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not impressed ~ I must be the only one that gave this shade a negative review. I was at Walgreen's picking up a prescription, and wondered over to the makeup area. Since I am on a strict no buy, I didn't have a problem looking at WnW, and the BOGO 50% off sale. Nutty looked great in the package, and I had to pickup Brulee too.

Trying to remove the sticker and open the package took some time, and finagling. This shadow goes on smoothly, and it was easy to apply. However, the color is too cool for my skin tone. As it faded, it started to look like a reddish brown, which looked just plain awful. I'll stick with my NYX Taupe Pearl instead. This is going in the trashcan.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2011 2:08:00 PM More reviews by TRACYwashere

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a really great silvery taupe eye shadow. The texture is soft and it's very pigmented. Also it's a lot of product for a low price!
The only con is it has started to crumble! But will not take off any lippies because it's still fine to use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2011 2:25:00 PM More reviews by Susee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I know nothing about MAC satin taupe, so to be honest those reviews tell me nothing. That being said, this is a lovely cool-toned taupe eyeshadow that lasts all day. It isn't too dark, but shows up beautifully and really brings out the blue in my eyes. I use it as an all over wash and I don't need any other shadow; usually I need a lid, crease, and highlighter color. This one is amazing on its own. It's a perfect taupe eyeshadow.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No