April 18, 2014 | 918 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon #252B Nutty

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2011 2:25:00 PM More reviews by Susee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I know nothing about MAC satin taupe, so to be honest those reviews tell me nothing. That being said, this is a lovely cool-toned taupe eyeshadow that lasts all day. It isn't too dark, but shows up beautifully and really brings out the blue in my eyes. I use it as an all over wash and I don't need any other shadow; usually I need a lid, crease, and highlighter color. This one is amazing on its own. It's a perfect taupe eyeshadow.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

MAC Satin Taupe u have been forever replaced!! Thought I'd never utter those words, but its the bitter-sweet truth for myself & hundreds of others.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2011 3:07:00 PM More reviews by carasforever

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I loved loved this color on me for my coloring it was definitely dup for Satin Taupe.

I will definitely repurchase eyeshadow and recommend it to my gal pals.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2011 2:24:00 AM More reviews by tt927

A co-worker of mine introduced me to this eyeshadow.
I was skeptical about this being an universal eyeshadow but after using it for a couple of days, it's a decent eyeshadow considering the price and where it is made from.

It stays on pretty well but I also had urban decay primer and lemon aid from benefit on. Not sure how it will hold up about creasing if I didn't use any of those products.

Being Asian with yellow based undertones, I find just using this color alone makes me look tired. However when I layer it with other colors, it works really well accentuating the crease.

For the price, you can't go wrong so I would purchase it again. The pigmentation is good so a little goes a long way. My first wnw product since grade 8.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2011 11:42:00 PM More reviews by xxhna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nutty is one of my favorite eye shadows! It is a gorgeous taupey, silvery color that applies smooth on the lid! Color payoff is amazing! I have nothing bad to say about this except I wish it were in a bigger pan/pot! =]

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2011 1:22:00 PM More reviews by sandi149

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really love this shade. It's very highly pigmented and looks great. The only thing I don't like is the packaging as it's difficult to open but other than that it's great!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2011 1:29:00 AM More reviews by admilly101

LOVE this color! Its so beautiful, its sort of like a brown/taupe color. Its super pigmented and just a great everyday color :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2011 10:23:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

If my mother knew the things (in quantity and dollars) I've purchased based on MUA's rave reviews she would ask, "if everyone on MUA jumped off a bridge would you?!"

No ma, but this was only maybe I dunno, 2 bucks so I can be a lemming yet not feel bad about caving to such peer pressure. I have to confess I never got the MUA taupe eye shadow love. It was at a fever pitch a few yrs back and WnW probably saw that and jumped on the bandwagon. I never felt compelled to buy a cool, gray brown eye shadow for my very warm, medium brown eyes with gold flecks. I also though the e/s appeared too shimmery for someone with lots of lid (MUA loves lots of lid, but even subtle colors and textures can look over the top in daylight with lots-o-lid).

But again, it was very inexpensive, I needed a cheap thrill makeup wise, and Brulee is in fact lovely though no one should name their first born after it as I worry some reviewers might O-O

So I caved and got nutty. It is very pretty both in the pan and on the skin in that it is shimmery but more in a satiny way than any visible glitter/shimmer per se. The color is lovely and texture smooth, blendable, also wears well. It looks fine on me, but now I know why I never got the taupe love, it doesn't do much for my warm toned eyes. Its too cool and I feel a little vitamin deficient in it though not the fault of nutty, which is blameless here. I jumped off the bridge with MUA, I knew better since I really only find warm tones eye shadows flattering. However, this is nice in the crease, not so shimmery that for contouring it can't work. Also nice layered.
Look even if you hate it you can use it to barter for goods, I believe thats what the WnW eye shadow singles especially, love, is coming to. Good for WnW! Sure they discontinued my fave lipstick ever, 547A, and in the words of Nancy Kerrigan, "Why. why, why?!!!!!" but I still love them. No better value for the buck at the drugstore. I wish this looked good on me because it is beautiful.

13 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2011 7:12:00 PM More reviews by ninjacupcake

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Oh my god :)
My favourite eyeshadow EVER :)
It's a total MAC Satin Taupe dupe, which I love! :)
For some reason, eyemakeup never creases on me, but I have a fairly large crease, so I can't really say if or not it would crease on others...
But this is definitely worth buying! It was like... 2 dollars canadian including tax where I bought it, and right now I'm thinking about stocking up on it or something because I LOVE it :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2011 4:56:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

My friend sent this to me since they don't sell WnW where I live. I'm glad she did because this is a great taupe colour. I like using this as a lid shade and occasionally in the crease. It is very pigmented like some of the other WnW shadows that I've tried. Rather than sweeping, I found it easier to use the "pat" method since it picks up the shadow better. One thing that I'm not so crazy about is that if I use too much, it looks a little too frosty on me (like a silver finish), but I just have to be careful with that. Overall, you can't go wrong with the price and would be a great colour on many skintones. Packaging won't be a problem for me since I plan to depot this.