November 23, 2014 | 2004 users online

Cleansers - St. Ives - Naturally Clear Green Tea Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2010 7:06:00 AM More reviews by FairladyGee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this, and for the first month I did. The scent was quite pleasant, my redness wasn't as noticeable, and the pump bottle was great--gave me just the right amount every time. This cleanser, however, did not do much to help out with my breakouts. I typically get hormonal breakouts during my time of month, and when I broke out during that period, I didn't think much of it, as it was normal. However, even after, I noticed my face was still continuing to break out. This went on for about a month, yet the only thing I changed in my skin regime was this cleanser. Now my face looks horrible. I don't have extremely sensitive skin whatsoever, but I suppose this cleanser irritated my skin. It also left my skin a bit dry after cleansing, but nothing a little moisturizer couldn't fix. Anyways, I didn't like this cleanser, as it made me break out. I gave this cleanser two months to work its magic. After the honeymoon phase was over, it just did not impress.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2010 10:41:00 PM More reviews by quinncess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just bought this today, since the reviews were so well & i generally like st.ives products. i have oily skin & i tend to break out with a few zits every now & then. The problem is, my zits will become very red right before they're gone. This product after one use has made my zits way less red. & i'm hoping it will clear up my skin. i wouldn't use this product daily, maybe once or twice a week. but overall this is a good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2010 4:29:00 PM More reviews by jeneefaa

LOVE this thing! Smells good, no parabens. I use it with a facial brush and, after rinsing, my skin does not feel dry- feels very soft and revitalized. I can't speak for the acne because I use a benzoyl peroxide gel after this product, but both of them combined has made me break out free for months.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2010 3:55:00 PM More reviews by flagrl561

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

At first, this product worked well...or so I thought. Then slowly my skin got drier, redder, and started to itch the following weeks. I started to breakout with cystic and little white pimples everywhere. I used it for a month before I figured out that this was the cause. It's too harsh. It irritated my skin which got itchy and swollen and brokeout. I had to use hydrocortizone to calm my skin. Which is funny, because this stuff is supposed to calm and reduce reddness.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2010 4:35:00 PM More reviews by bigb00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have huge acne, oil & blackhead issues. I use the Apricot scrub 1st. Then this product. It has solved 99% of my acne problems. I've used these 2 products for MANY years and get compliments on how flawless my skin is constantly. Every now and then I stray and try a new product for the fun of it .. and it never works half as good as these two.
<3 all St. Ives products. I find this entire company to be one of the best lines of products on any market. <3

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2010 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Suzy9797

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this product. The smell is fantastic and it makes my face feel really clean. It's also not drying at all, which i have a huge problem with.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2010 11:53:00 PM More reviews by skcoops

When I first used this product, I thought that it left a weird film left on my face and made my face feel tight. I recommend diluting it just a tad bit with water because it made it feel a lot better. I think it kept my face from getting red as well. I'm not sure if I would buy it again; i'm still looking for a good but mild cleanser that would help prevent acne and pimples.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2010 3:02:00 PM More reviews by MelaniexMae

I have only been using this product for a week and all the little white bumps on the side of face have disappeared, my blackheads have decreased around my nose, AND my skin's redness has gone down. I use this in conjunction with the Naturally Clear Green Tea Scrub, just as the directions say and have only noticed a bit of dryness on my chin. The smell is delicious, and the pump is very convenient. Overall I just love, love, LOVE this product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2010 3:49:00 PM More reviews by saamannthaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was really excited to try this, but when I read the ingredients, I got a little worried. The second ingredient is Sodium Laureth Sulfate. I've never had SLS in my facewash before (I don't care if it's in my shampoo; too much work to find one that doesn't have it, plus not many shampoo's work with my hair... ANYWAY), so I was a little skeptical. When I used it (one pump was enough for me. Speaking of which, love that there is a pump & it can lock, but the pump isn't long enough to pump it straight up, or the product might run down the side), it foamed up A LOT (obviously, with the SLS), to where it was annoying. I've used foaming facewashes before (I usually use cleansers that don't foam, but works into a lather instead), but the foam on this was annoying and even burned my eyes. While rinsing, my face felt smooth, but after I dried my face it felt tight. One night it even burned, and I don't have sensitive skin. I wasn't expecting for my acne to clear up so quickly, but I was expecting a little difference. No redness relief, no progress on the (horrible, I-don't-know-where-they-came-from) bumps on my face. After three uses, I just returned it today. I'm disappointed, but that teaches me from straying from Neutrogena (again), so back to Neutrogena I go.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2010 1:30:00 AM More reviews by michellevo

***I would give this product a 3.5 if I could.***

I bought this at CVS for about 3 bucks! I was choosing between this and the st. ives olive cleanser. The packaging is interesting...I don't like the pump...the snout of the pump is too short! Anyways, the cleanser is kinda basic. It didn't help w/ acne...but i dont have a lot to begin with. I dont this i broke out from this product. It doesnt make my face feel super clean, but i would recommend to try it out when its on sale. I wouldnt pay full price for this product tho.