July 31, 2014 | 1634 users online

Cleansers - St. Ives - Naturally Clear Green Tea Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2010 4:29:00 PM More reviews by jeneefaa

LOVE this thing! Smells good, no parabens. I use it with a facial brush and, after rinsing, my skin does not feel dry- feels very soft and revitalized. I can't speak for the acne because I use a benzoyl peroxide gel after this product, but both of them combined has made me break out free for months.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2010 3:55:00 PM More reviews by flagrl561

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

At first, this product worked well...or so I thought. Then slowly my skin got drier, redder, and started to itch the following weeks. I started to breakout with cystic and little white pimples everywhere. I used it for a month before I figured out that this was the cause. It's too harsh. It irritated my skin which got itchy and swollen and brokeout. I had to use hydrocortizone to calm my skin. Which is funny, because this stuff is supposed to calm and reduce reddness.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2010 4:35:00 PM More reviews by bigb00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have huge acne, oil & blackhead issues. I use the Apricot scrub 1st. Then this product. It has solved 99% of my acne problems. I've used these 2 products for MANY years and get compliments on how flawless my skin is constantly. Every now and then I stray and try a new product for the fun of it .. and it never works half as good as these two.
<3 all St. Ives products. I find this entire company to be one of the best lines of products on any market. <3

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2010 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Suzy9797

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this product. The smell is fantastic and it makes my face feel really clean. It's also not drying at all, which i have a huge problem with.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2010 11:53:00 PM More reviews by skcoops

When I first used this product, I thought that it left a weird film left on my face and made my face feel tight. I recommend diluting it just a tad bit with water because it made it feel a lot better. I think it kept my face from getting red as well. I'm not sure if I would buy it again; i'm still looking for a good but mild cleanser that would help prevent acne and pimples.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2010 3:02:00 PM More reviews by MelaniexMae

I have only been using this product for a week and all the little white bumps on the side of face have disappeared, my blackheads have decreased around my nose, AND my skin's redness has gone down. I use this in conjunction with the Naturally Clear Green Tea Scrub, just as the directions say and have only noticed a bit of dryness on my chin. The smell is delicious, and the pump is very convenient. Overall I just love, love, LOVE this product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2010 3:49:00 PM More reviews by saamannthaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was really excited to try this, but when I read the ingredients, I got a little worried. The second ingredient is Sodium Laureth Sulfate. I've never had SLS in my facewash before (I don't care if it's in my shampoo; too much work to find one that doesn't have it, plus not many shampoo's work with my hair... ANYWAY), so I was a little skeptical. When I used it (one pump was enough for me. Speaking of which, love that there is a pump & it can lock, but the pump isn't long enough to pump it straight up, or the product might run down the side), it foamed up A LOT (obviously, with the SLS), to where it was annoying. I've used foaming facewashes before (I usually use cleansers that don't foam, but works into a lather instead), but the foam on this was annoying and even burned my eyes. While rinsing, my face felt smooth, but after I dried my face it felt tight. One night it even burned, and I don't have sensitive skin. I wasn't expecting for my acne to clear up so quickly, but I was expecting a little difference. No redness relief, no progress on the (horrible, I-don't-know-where-they-came-from) bumps on my face. After three uses, I just returned it today. I'm disappointed, but that teaches me from straying from Neutrogena (again), so back to Neutrogena I go.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2010 1:30:00 AM More reviews by michellevo

***I would give this product a 3.5 if I could.***

I bought this at CVS for about 3 bucks! I was choosing between this and the st. ives olive cleanser. The packaging is interesting...I don't like the pump...the snout of the pump is too short! Anyways, the cleanser is kinda basic. It didn't help w/ acne...but i dont have a lot to begin with. I dont this i broke out from this product. It doesnt make my face feel super clean, but i would recommend to try it out when its on sale. I wouldnt pay full price for this product tho.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2010 6:23:00 PM More reviews by starsdotu

This product did control my oily skin, leaving it matte for most of the day. I'm still breaking out here and there occasionally so I cant say that it cleared my skin. At most, I'm breaking out less but the shine control made it a plus since my skin gets oily easily with a lot of products. The only reason I won't repurchase this product is because I believe there is a product out there that is better for my skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2010 3:55:00 PM More reviews by MOIx2

Bought this at CVS for about $6. You get a lot of product for the price. Packaging is also very nice. The pump twists and it locks so if your traveling it wont spill and get all over the place. The scent doesn't bother me. It smells really clean and realxing. This is my main facewash at night before I go to bed. It is medicated with salicylic acid which I prefer, and lathers very nicely. I used to use Clinique Acne Solutions but my face improved and I didn't want to spend all that money anymore. So I took the risk and got this. I feel like it's doing the same job but for a fraction of the cost.

10/14/10 EDIT: I am no longer using this face wash. I used it for about 4 months. My skin began to breakout bad and i'm assuming this was one of the products that was contributing to the breakouts. I stopped using this and now using products that are more simple. No dyes, ingredients that make your face "tingle" or products with a scent. I'm hoping that'll help. I think one of the issues I was having was that I was over medicating my face. Salicylic acid was in my face wash, toner and lotion. Also I was spot treating with benzol peroxide. Now the only medicated products i'm using are my toner and spot treatment. Let's see how that goes. Wish me luck!