October 1, 2014 | 1925 users online

Lipstick - Wet 'n' Wild - Mega Last Lipstick

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2012 11:12:00 PM More reviews by ecumsh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Reasonably cheap. Good color range.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2012 3:04:00 AM More reviews by lauralately

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

These lipsticks are great! I have two: #368S That's Berry Beautiful and a Barbie pink that I can't find (hope it's not lost!). Berry Beautiful is the greatest thing since sliced bread. This rich, shimmery mauve-berry shade is incredibly pigmented and smooth - this stuff looks high-end. I like patting it over my lips as a stain, although it looks super classy and polished when I wear it full-on.

The pink one (can't recall the name atm) 's a frosty '80s pink that's perfect for spring. The pink emphasizes dry lips a bit more than the berry, but for $2.99, it's still totally worth it.

The packaging is simply awful - it takes the jaws of life to pry off the 20 billion layers of stickers and plastic wrap, and sticker removal leaves the tube sticky. The lipstick doesn't swivel down all the way, which sucks; the plastic tube looks like it might break at any second; and the cap doesn't stay on too well. However, the quality of the product more than makes up for the crappy packaging.

I can't say enough how great these are. If you're worried about the packaging, get a nice lipstick case (the kind that fits the whole tube) so the cap doesn't come off in your purse, and it still looks glamorous to take out for touch-ups. Wet 'n' Wild have really stepped up in quality over the past years; add this product to their list of hits.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2012 2:17:00 PM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

Love these lipsticks, amazing for a drugstore product and they are so so cheap. I have three shades and my favorite would have to be Just peachy. I am so glad they released more shades recently, I am dying to try Pinkerbell. They are not drying on my lips at all and I am quite sensitive to that. I don't think they have a scent or taste.The pigmentation is incredible and they are completely matte, they last at least three hours on me. I don't like that the shades are labeled only with numbers (although I heard that has been corrected with the release of the newer shades). The packaging is crappy because the lipstick doesn't go all the way down into the tube and the plastic transparent cap looks really cheap but it could have been worse. I like these better than NYX's Matte lipsticks.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2012 7:07:00 AM More reviews by idg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These lipsticks have been something of a godsend for me. I'm a woman with a tan skin tone (NC42-44), and I suffer from darkly pigmented lips as many of my ethnic brethren do. I have to be very careful and make sure that the lipstick I choose to wear is either 1) full coverage or 2) just sheer enough so that the shade does not "warp" on me (since lipsticks usually read much lighter on my lips than in the tube). The formula of this lipstick is divine for me, as it truly is full-coverage, satin-matte, and long-lasting, so that my two-toned lips reflect the same shade when I wear the lipstick. A previous reviewer mentioned that these colours would not look out of place at a Bobbi Brown counter, and I concur. Many of the shades would look flattering on a variety of skin tones. Although some of the colours swatch as too light for my particular skin tone, I've had far better luck with the shades in this line than I've had with most lines, including Revlon lipsticks (which I often find lean cool, whereas the Mega Lasts I own lean warm to neutral). The cons of the Mega Last products are that they are indeed drying and the lipstick case is not at all sturdy, so that the lipstick itself wobbles in the tube. In my case, I simply use some balm for the first problem and am just quite careful with the packaging. I often blot the colour for a stain, or wear it full-force when I want it to last. I find that the finish of these lipsticks makes my lips look plumper, so that's just another benefit of this line!
For reference, I have four colours: 915B Spiked with Rum (a neutral medium pink-brown on me), 914C Mocha-licious (a great deeper nude for darker skin tones), 917B Cinnamon Spice (a warm red-brown colour), and 913C Sand Storm (a lovely peach-brown that warms up my face). All of these colours are in high rotation for me, which is something I cannot say for many other lipstick brands!

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2012 10:30:00 AM More reviews by cmf221

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I cannot say enough good things about these lipsticks. I now have about 10 different colors. I don't know why I keep buying MAC and other more expensive lipsticks when I just end up wearing these. Other than the packaging, which is terrible, they are amazing! Wet 'n' Wild: please don't ever discontinues these lipsticks, but please, kill the case!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2012 12:16:00 PM More reviews by KeyWestBum

I picked up a few shades of the maga last lipsticks. The pigmentation is insane in these. The staying power is decent. I get about two hours of wear before reapplying. I think these are a fun buy at $1.99 and you'll find some shades will not work for you but you'll won't be too sad by that. The four shades I have are:
1) 967 Dollhouse Pink (rating 1) - This shade was so comical on me that I actually busted out laughing at myself in the mirror. I have cool toned berry pigmented lips and I needed a few layers to hide my natural lip color without it being streaky. The end result was a tranny on crack. This shade really clashed on my NC40 skin. Dollhouse Pink is a bright light cool toned pink.
2) 902C Bare it All (rating 4) - I like this shade but it's not the best nude color out there. It's right on the border with me from looking like concealer on my lips. This nude leans cool on me and a bit too light for my skintone and lip color. I can get away with wearing this if I top it off with a sheer warm toned nude gloss. Once it is topped w/ a gloss, I like it a lot better.
3) 909D Coral-ine (rating 4.5) - Pretty red coral shade that really works for my skintone. This shade is a must have for tanned ladies. This color is very vivid and will work nicely with a very simple eye.
4) 966 Don't Blink Pink (rating 5) - This is my favorite shade so far. The color is a rich bright berry with a fuchsia bite to it. Wow, very intense in color and it really compliments my skintone.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2012 3:03:00 PM More reviews by alice623

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was very surprised by the quality of this lipstick. It had a great selection of colors, very long lasting. It does not dry out your lips like other long lasting lipsticks and it's dirt cheap. I highly recommend it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 10:09:00 AM More reviews by kbenard

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this lipstick from Rite Aid for 1.99. It is amazing. It was stayed all night and did not dry out my lips like other long wear lipsticks I've tried. The color was great and I would recommend this lipstick to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2012 4:23:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

SELECTED SHADES:

24 Carrot Gold (orange), Bare It All (brown nude), Cherry Bomb (plum), Cherry Picking (raspberry pink), Cinnamon Spice (burgundy), Dollhouse Pink (bright, blue-toned pink), Don't Blink Pink (hot neon pink), Just Peachy (peach-toned coral), Mauve Outta Here (pink-toned mauve), Pinkerbell (bright yellow pink), Pink Suga (orange-toned nude), Purty Persimmon (red coral), Rose Bud (rosy pink), Smokin Hot Pink (bright pink), Stoplight Red (true red), Sugar Plum Fairy (berry), Think Pink (baby pink), Wine Room (burgundy)

PROS:

- pigmented
- long wearing
- good color selection

CONS:

- drying
- tube doesn't scroll all the way down

COMMENTS:

I love these lipsticks - amazing pigmentation and longevity. They're a drugstore gem for sure and have plenty of shades to choose from. Do keep in mind that these are drying and the packaging isn't all that great, but the quality is certainly there.

Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 1:52:00 PM More reviews by charleyrupert

I have almost every color of lipstick for this brand. From the dark colors to the light colors it stays on all day and it looks great! i am a fan of dark cherry looking lips and there colors are the best. every positive comment on here is so true! i love these lipsticks so much.