September 18, 2014 | 1366 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - ColorIcon Palette in Lust [DISCONTINUED]

• Price: $

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2010 11:45:00 AM More reviews by Twinkly1216

I'm completely a neutral girl at heart but I heard great things about these new wet 'n' wild palettes and figured this palette wasn't too bright or crazy so I'd give it a shot.

The first thing I did when I got home was swatch every color on the back of my hand. These eyeshadows are SO smooth to the touch, almost creamy. SO pigmented to, just one gentle swipe across was enough pigmentation.

It applies pretty smoothly, so far I've only tried the matte shadows on my eyelid but I really like it, definitely comparable to HE shadows. I like that on the back of the box (the paper box, not the actual eyeshadow box) it tells you how to use the colors.

Very nice, definitely worth giving a try. Will be buying more.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2010 11:46:00 AM More reviews by princessfats

Yep, gonna have to jump on this bandwagon! This palette is what got me started buying Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon shadows. It's very high quality, and the colors are beautiful. The shimmery shades are more sheer than the matte ones (I've found this to be true with the Color Icon shadows in general). The matte shades are incredible; highly pigmented, easy to work with and not blotchy like mattes can be, and very blendable. You can do bright purple eyes, light violet-y eyes, deep smoky eyes ... lots of possibilities with these 6 colors.

Wet 'n' Wild has come a LONG way since I was in high school. I admit, I was skeptical about purchasing their stuff, but it's really not even comparable to what they were doing 15 years ago. Check them out!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2010 11:31:00 AM More reviews by frannylovesyou

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a big fan of the ColorIcon palettes, and I really like this one. The colors are beautiful and pretty pigmented, and make for a great smokey eye. I haven't used them without a primer, so pigmentation and longevity has been fine with me. I never really liked Wet 'n' Wild before, but these palettes have made me take an interest in the brand. Considering their price, they are definitely worth checking out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2010 5:49:00 PM More reviews by blog_antagonist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I can't tell you how many times I have picked up this palette and put it in my basket, only to put it back. Why? Well, first of all, I don't love matte shadows and I don't love shimmer overload either. I really prefer something in between; more of a pearlescent shadow, something with just a hint of sheen to brighten and lighten. These colors, while beautiful, did not fit the bill in that regard.

Also, I tend to avoid trendy or overhyped products. I have been burned so many times in the past that I've learned to either go for it and live with the consequences, or give it a pass altogether. I usually choose the latter.

And lastly, because I have green eyes, I have about a million purple eyeshadows from lilac to aubergine, and I just couldn't justify buying even one more, much less six.

However...the other day I was frustrated by not having a purple in my arsenal that was deep enough or sultry enough to create the look I was going for. Because I'm a stay at home Mom, I don't often have occasion to do vampy eyes, but it was a special night out with my husband and I wanted to look SMOKIN' HOT. So I decided then and there to drive to Walgreen's and get this palette.

To my surpise, the darkest matte shade turned out to be exactly what I needed. It gave me that super sultry look, without making me look like I had two black eyes. I'm ridiculously fair, so I just can't use black or even deep gray shadows without looking really scary. I usually reach for purples and plums to achieve a smoky eye. But never had I tried a matte shadow, or one this dark. It was really beautiful and sultry without being drag queen-esque.

And frankly, I was amazed by the intense pigmentation. I needed just a teensy, weensy little bit on my brush to achieve the depth and intensity I was going for. The same was true for all the colors, as well as being soft and blendable and really just a dream to work with.

My only complaint is that I'm disappointed in the deepest purple shimmer shade. I thought it was going to be a gorgeous deep eggplant with some interesting sparkle. But blended out, it just became a muddy black with a barely discernible hint of purple. I can't wear it, sadly. It's just too harsh for my pale complection. I also can't wear the gunmetal shade. It is absolutely gorgeous; a deep, silvery metallic shimmer. But again, too harsh and really too cool for my warm complection.

Still, I don't feel that my $4.99 was a waste. I got four amazingly beautiful and versatile shades. I consider that quite a bargain.

I'm going to branch out tomorrow and experiment. I'm going to try the lighter purple on my lid and the darker in the crease. That's a pretty bold look for me and definitely not something I would wear to a PTA meeting. But I'm anxious to give it a go.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2010 6:56:00 PM More reviews by jesssimae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

meh. not all that its hyped up to be. i like my nyx shadows much better, this one may be going to a friend.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2010 1:22:00 PM More reviews by jbyrd06

I almost walked past this as I have way too many shadows, but couldn't pass it up after falling in the love with the vanity palette. I haven't used the shimmer side yet, but I love the 3 matte shades. they were easy to work with and pigmented. i use my UDPP and or a mac paint and so far no creasing. i would definitely recommend this palette.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2010 8:52:00 AM More reviews by Hollynla

While I LOVE the two matte purples and they are highly pigmented, I have discovered that I'm also highly allergic to this eyeshadow. This was my first wet n wild eyeshadow. My eyes kept swelling like I had pink eye, my lids would become red and itchy. I even went to the eye doctor and after $280 worth of visits and prescriptions, I've finally narrowed it down to this eyeshadow. I'm not sure what ingredient it is that I'm allergic to but I wish I knew. I will have to find a similar matte purple elsewhere.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2010 9:16:00 AM More reviews by mishkee

i had horrible creasing with this. i ALWAYS use mac paint pot under all shadows and never have creasing. By the end of my work day the shadows had faded so much it barely looked like i had anything on at all. im so disappointed since everyone gives this such high reviews. the pigmentation is great but it is not long lasting like high end shadows. i dont even think i will use it again period.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2010 10:23:00 PM More reviews by Maderine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am shocked at the awesomemess that is this palette. I have Lust and Vanity and both are every bit as amazing as everyone says. I have other e/s by MAC, Tarte, NYX, Mary Kay, Jill Stuart, mark, Prescriptives, and Bobbi Brown, and this stands up to them all (and beats most) in terms of depth of color, intensity, consistency, and generalized gorgeousness. What a drugstore jewel!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2010 8:02:00 PM More reviews by apk2

MAC DUPE ALERT!**

This is my third review for these eyeshadow palettes. I love all of them (not so much the Greed). But this one has really amazing mac dupes and some of them are even more pigmented than mac. Here's a list that I got from EasyAccessBeauty of all the dupes in this palette based on mac:

1. Matte light pink - Pen N Pink

2. Matte mid purple - Fig. 1

3. Matte Dark purple - Shadowy Lady

4. Dark silver/grey shimmer - Night Divine

5. Black/plum with purple glitter - Beauty Marked

The only colour that I don't know if there is a mac dupe for is the first matte colour on the upper right corner. It's still a nice colour and is very pigmented as well. It's a butter cream/peach colour that has silver shimmers. The dupe for beauty marked in this is so much better than the actual mac beauty marked. I don't have it but I have tried it in the store and I found that getting the shimmer on your lid took a lot of effort and it would be a hit or miss as sometimes you'd get shimmer and sometimes you'd just get black. But for this palette, the shimmers are evenly distributed so that no matter how you apply it it will be true to the colour in the palette. LOVE this one the most out of all the coloricon palettes!

19 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No