Maybelline Shine Sensational

3.7

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I was quite happy to see these glosses at the store because the rest of Maybelline's Sensational line,lipsticks,lipliners,and glosses are wonderful.I got Cranberry Crave and Sweet Indulgence.They both smell so good and have pretty decent staying power. Cranberry Crave smells like sweet candy apple with just a hint of crushed cranberries that have had sugar added to them.It has some slight shimmer to it,but no chunky glitter.I have very pigmented lips and the color is just enough and pretty powerful for a gloss.The Sweet Indulgence smells just like vanilla frosting!!It smells wonderful without having that fake plastic candy smell that alot of glosses tend to have.It has no shimmer,more like a creme finish.It is a very light pink color so not alot of color,if any shows up on my lips,but I bought it for the smell/flavor so I don't really care.They are not heavy feeling or sticky like MAC's Lipglass can be.They don't dry out my lips and the scent is still there after the gloss has faded. I'm going to get a few more soon.Hopefully there will be some left because these are going fast!

on 1/16/2010 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

At first I thought this was just a rip-off of the glosses sold at Bath and Body Works but for about $0.50 more. I got this in Berry Dazzle - 60. It's a gorgeous sparkly purple color in the tube, which is what enticed me to buy it. It looks like it has blackberries on the packaging but it tastes bubble gum-y to me. Not bad, not great either. I'm a touch disappointed as it's barely pigmented at all. However, it's not sticky enough to rip your lips off which is a real plus for me. From the other reviews, I'm curious to try other colors since they might be more pigmented than the Berry Dazzle.

Edit (actually addition): I got the Tempting Toffee. I'm pleased. It definitely has more pigment (not a lot but just a touch, which is nice if you wear lipstick but don't want to reapply 'full lips' later in the day and just want to refresh your color a little) and the toffee taste is nice. It doesn't tear up/dry out my lips and I found it was under $5 at Walmart as opposed to the $5.49 I paid at Walgreen's. (It was also $5.19 at Target)

on 1/3/2010 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I like these a lot! I got the caramel and cherry cola color. They're soft and nicely pigmented...I also like things that can fit in my little purse=)

I am a lip gloss addict, so I had to grab a couple of these when I saw them at Target recently. I have Crazy for Caramel and Tempting Toffee. CfC is golden and sparkly, TT is mauve and on the matte side. These smell very similar to each other, like caramel or whipped cream with a plastic-y undertone. The staying power is minimal, forget about it lasting through eating or drinking. The upside is that it isn't sticky, my hair doesn't get glued to it. These are just your average drugstore glosses, but if a certain scent calls to you, go for it. They're around 5 or 6 bucks each. Still, I probably won't be repurchasing.

Popular Lip Glosses