October 21, 2014 | 1890 users online

Eye Primer - NYX - Eyeshadow Base in Skin Tone

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2010 2:48:00 PM More reviews by makeupispowerzs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The only thing I really liked about this product is the price and packaging . It doesn't really help with the staying power of your shadow. It does crease. I think its just a concealer to be honest. I will try using it during the winter though. Other than that I really think you should skip this product! By the way I have oily lids...

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2010 4:58:00 AM More reviews by jetera21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used this primer for the first time tonight. I absolutely did NOT like it. I normally use UDPP or Too Faced Shadow Insurance, but wanted to try something different and less expensive. At first it did intensify my eyeshadow, but after two hours alot of the color was gone. BTW I do not have oily eyelids and have never experienced creasing or fading before trying the NYX. I will try it again in the wintertime. I live in Houston and it's insanely humid right now.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2010 8:03:00 AM More reviews by 1017

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Do a scan on these reviews by age. You will notice (mostly) that the younger the age, the better the reviews. In other words, this doesn't do squat for older eyes. If you have young tight eyes, go for it. If you are over 35...this is going to do anything for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2010 12:02:00 PM More reviews by jusbeinme263

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this, I use it almost everyday under my eyeshadows, it really brings out the color and helps my shadows last all day,super creamy,blends easily,and it smells good.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2010 12:17:00 AM More reviews by AmandaPanda013

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I am really not a fan of this product! It was a bit too dark for my skin, and my shadow was faded and creased after only a few hours. I would only use this if you weren't going to be out all day, because it didn't hold shadow very well past 3 hours. I do like the packaging, but I don't think I will be repurchasing this eyeshadow base! Just throw down the money for a high quality base like Urban Decay Primer Potion or Too Faced Shadow Insurance.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2010 2:48:00 PM More reviews by LilacShine9

I discovered this eyeshadow base at ULTA. It comes in a small jar with a screw-off lid. The color of this base actually looks fine on my pale lids, glides on nicely, & makes eyeshadow easier to apply. It does seem to make eyeshadow last a bit longer. It isnt great, but not bad. It might work for ppl with drier eyelids since it contains mineral oil. For most it, would be better without it. There are some superb eye primers out there like from Urban Decay, Too Faced, & e.l.f.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2010 4:30:00 PM More reviews by sallysellsseashells

NYX is my first e/s base and I'm pretty much happy with the results. I'm wearing this on my oily skin in the humid weather and experienced no creasing. My e/s stays in place for most of the day. If I'm out in the sun too long or working out, it will fade. As for the "skin tone" color, this is a tad too yellow & dark for me. I took 1 lippie off for the container. I rather have a squeeze tube or doe foot applicator. This is a pain to get out once you reach the bottom. I will continue to repurchase this due to the fact it doesn't crease.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2010 8:52:00 AM More reviews by vivavoomz

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Likes: Helps to correct dark lids, emollient, easy to blend, neat packaging, cheap

Dislikes: Creases on me, a little dark and too orange, eyeshadows appear more pigmented but darker (not as vibrant as compared to using a good primer)

Overall: It's not that amazing but works decently.

For more detailed review, you can refer my blog: http://vivavoomz.blogspot.com/2010/04/review-nyx-eyeshadow-base.html

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2010 8:12:00 PM More reviews by ParisTroika

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So, I have to say this base SUCKS on its own. It creases instantly. BUT, I must admit I LOVE THIS BASE. Why? Because I don't rely solely on this base...I layer it OVER L'Oreal Decrease and my eye shadow DOES NOT BUDGE. The L'Oreal Decrease is drier in texture, but that alone does not help my shadow stay put. By mid-day, I'm in crease city. However, if I layer this over it, and put my base eyeshadow color over that (which varies depending on what look I go for that day)...I have no creasing, no straying, no smudges AT ALL. I've found my HG of eyeshadow bases.

No, for me it's not one product, but I have had no luck with anything else except when I layer. The stickier texture of this NYX base helps my shadow stay on and stay brighter throughout the day.

VERY happy!

UPDATE August 2012. This is still my HG combo (with the L'Oreal Decrease). I love it and will not stop using it as I cannot seem to find one product that gives me these great results. My eyeshadow lasted through fighting a wildfire!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2010 10:08:00 PM More reviews by Justicet2009

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Waste of money girlz. Creases bigtime and makes ur lids super oily in a matter of minutes. Did not make shadows last at all, just made the colors bleed together and look very muddy.