April 19, 2014 | 1792 users online

Eye Primer - NYX - Eyeshadow Base in Skin Tone

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2010 6:21:00 AM More reviews by ltn

This product is great for such a low price. I got mine at Ulta for under $4. I use this eyeshadow base for everyday wear. This is not as long lasting as UDPP. My eyeshadow will fade after about 6-8 hours. I only wear this to school and work. I recommend investing in UDPP for going out and special occasions. But this eyeshadow base will work fine for daily use.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2010 7:03:00 PM More reviews by ceradova

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I used to use UDPP as an eye primer before I switched to this one. UDPP dried really fast, creased, and tended to be drying on my skin. Since I have dry combination skin, I needed a creamier formula. Since I got this, there's been no creasing, no drying, and the formula is thick and easy to spread on the lids.

This also holds on to eyeshadow really well and doesn't crease much. I would highly recommend this for dryer skin, and for people who seek a creamier formula.

The trick to avoid creasing is to apply a thin layer on the lids, and that will be enough to hold on to the eyeshadow.

As for the eyeshadow being a darker shade, I didn't really have a problem with it because it will be covered by eyeshadow anyway. Since I'm an NC25-30 shade, the base wasn't that much darker.

Overall, this eyeshadow base is almost a steal - I think I paid $6 for this. It's a great product and it will last for a while.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2010 6:42:00 AM More reviews by MandieJ

This base did make it easier to apply the eyeshadow but by the middle of the day I always have big creases! Avoiding creasing is the reason I buy base in the first place so big thumbs down for me!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2010 6:29:00 PM More reviews by mavessie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Though it did make my eyeshadow application easier, it did not help my eyeshadow stay on my lid throughout the day. I kind of noticed it melting off my eye liner and shadow. I'm still looking for my HG lid primer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2010 5:36:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love it or hate it, it works for me. Most primers, including the infamous UDPP don't work for me because they have bismuth and I'm allergic to it, so I can only use ones that don't.

I don't have really oily lids but I do need something to even them out and give my e/s something to cling to. I was initially hesitant to go back to primers in jars (I used BeneFit FYEye for years) because they're not as easy to apply when you have nails like I do and require a brush, but this is worth it. Got it cheap on eBay and apply a little (VERY little- too much will crease) with a small concealer brush and it creates a nice smooth canvas that makes my e/s go on nicely, look more vibrant and last all day. The 'skin tone' shade is perfect for me (NC20-25) but I can see where it could be too dark and/or warm for fairer or cooler skin tones. It is a bit difficult to blend over, but once you do it's there for good. But, the shade works for me so well that I sometimes also use it as a concealer (I read somewhere it's the same product with a different name), and it works amazingly well that way too. It's a nice little item to have on hand since I can use it as a 2-in-1 product. I don't really know the specific differences in 'base' vs. 'primer' but this works for me and that's all I care about :) It's also taking me a while to get through the jar since you need so little but if I use it up and something better doesn't come along. I actually did buy it again, in the white shade to bring out the color in my non-neutral e/s and it works exactly the same as the skin tone and is probably just their Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk, in a jar.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2010 8:10:00 PM More reviews by mdbutee

Well, it seems you either love or hate this product! For me it did not do what it said it would - imagine that! Package says and I quote: "To hold, intensify and last longer. Set base camp for true stay on, stay put and stay long eye shadow colors"
Well, it started off OK, they always do but then ...it creased, creased, creased. An absolute deal breaker for a product that claims it will make my eyeshadow "stay put". This will be relegated to short term wear when staying power is not so important. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2010 6:46:00 PM More reviews by Erica215

LOVE this product works great for all my shadows and the skin tone is perfect i use it sometimes just by itself for a natural nude eye. I wish it was it a squeeze tube or something kind of inconvenient in the little jar ( I have acrylics on usually but if i didn't would be even better oh well small price to pay)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2010 10:47:00 AM More reviews by labeledame

i really dont know what went wrong in this.... i was so excited trying this one because of high rating and good reviews i'v read about it. The first time i've tried it, love the consistency and the shade, it can double up as concealer to me.. i really really want to like this but...... only but is IT CREASES! i've tried putting the tiniest amount i can put but still it creases!!!!!! i even tried putting monistat primer on my lid before this but still it creases!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i even tried warming this up like a concealer but still it creases!!!!!!!! how will i ever make this thing work right.. disappointing..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2010 3:44:00 AM More reviews by labu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The tone of this product may seem dark to those with light or cool skin tones, but considering that you're gonna put shadows on top, those would quickly cover that up. Becuase it's "skin tone", though, it makes for a great evening of the skin tone on the lids, in the crease, and on the brow bone. Besides, the formula is creamy and light, and actually melts into the skin and blends really well with whatever skin tone you have. I happen to have warm, yellow-toned skin, and it blends perfect with my skin tone. It does help colors pop much better, as well as stay longer. There was minor creasing, but only after several hours of dancing and sweating, plus I do not use eyeshadow primers. I'm sure if I were not sweating for hours, the shadows would have stayed perfectly put for a long time. The formula is creamy enough that you can blend it onto the skin without having to press too hard or rub, the consistency is great. The important thing, though, is that a little goes a LONG way, you hardly need any, really (this means the product itself will last you long). I'm sure if you pack on more, there will be increased chances of creasing, especially for those who might have oily lids. I do not have oily lids, and find that I don't need a primer at all under this for shadows to stick and not crease. I bought mine on ebay for about $6, shipping included, and it was so worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2010 2:03:00 PM More reviews by MissMisfit

I've been using this for about a week. I think it works just fine as an eyeshadow base. I've noticed a lot of people think this is the same thing as UDPP, however this is a BASE, not a PRIMER. Two completely different thinks folks!

Edit: I decided I'm not repurchasing this again because I reach for my mac paintpot way more and this is just in the way. :-( sorry nyx!