September 17, 2014 | 1971 users online

Eye Primer - NYX - Eyeshadow Base in Skin Tone

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2010 12:17:00 AM More reviews by AmandaPanda013

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I am really not a fan of this product! It was a bit too dark for my skin, and my shadow was faded and creased after only a few hours. I would only use this if you weren't going to be out all day, because it didn't hold shadow very well past 3 hours. I do like the packaging, but I don't think I will be repurchasing this eyeshadow base! Just throw down the money for a high quality base like Urban Decay Primer Potion or Too Faced Shadow Insurance.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2010 2:48:00 PM More reviews by LilacShine9

I discovered this eyeshadow base at ULTA. It comes in a small jar with a screw-off lid. The color of this base actually looks fine on my pale lids, glides on nicely, & makes eyeshadow easier to apply. It does seem to make eyeshadow last a bit longer. It isnt great, but not bad. It might work for ppl with drier eyelids since it contains mineral oil. For most it, would be better without it. There are some superb eye primers out there like from Urban Decay, Too Faced, & e.l.f.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2010 4:30:00 PM More reviews by sallysellsseashells

NYX is my first e/s base and I'm pretty much happy with the results. I'm wearing this on my oily skin in the humid weather and experienced no creasing. My e/s stays in place for most of the day. If I'm out in the sun too long or working out, it will fade. As for the "skin tone" color, this is a tad too yellow & dark for me. I took 1 lippie off for the container. I rather have a squeeze tube or doe foot applicator. This is a pain to get out once you reach the bottom. I will continue to repurchase this due to the fact it doesn't crease.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2010 8:52:00 AM More reviews by vivavoomz

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Likes: Helps to correct dark lids, emollient, easy to blend, neat packaging, cheap

Dislikes: Creases on me, a little dark and too orange, eyeshadows appear more pigmented but darker (not as vibrant as compared to using a good primer)

Overall: It's not that amazing but works decently.

For more detailed review, you can refer my blog: http://vivavoomz.blogspot.com/2010/04/review-nyx-eyeshadow-base.html

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2010 8:12:00 PM More reviews by ParisTroika

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So, I have to say this base SUCKS on its own. It creases instantly. BUT, I must admit I LOVE THIS BASE. Why? Because I don't rely solely on this base...I layer it OVER L'Oreal Decrease and my eye shadow DOES NOT BUDGE. The L'Oreal Decrease is drier in texture, but that alone does not help my shadow stay put. By mid-day, I'm in crease city. However, if I layer this over it, and put my base eyeshadow color over that (which varies depending on what look I go for that day)...I have no creasing, no straying, no smudges AT ALL. I've found my HG of eyeshadow bases.

No, for me it's not one product, but I have had no luck with anything else except when I layer. The stickier texture of this NYX base helps my shadow stay on and stay brighter throughout the day.

VERY happy!

UPDATE August 2012. This is still my HG combo (with the L'Oreal Decrease). I love it and will not stop using it as I cannot seem to find one product that gives me these great results. My eyeshadow lasted through fighting a wildfire!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2010 10:08:00 PM More reviews by Justicet2009

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Waste of money girlz. Creases bigtime and makes ur lids super oily in a matter of minutes. Did not make shadows last at all, just made the colors bleed together and look very muddy.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2010 7:16:00 AM More reviews by UDMAC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i have to completely disagree with the review below. this stuff is a dry pastey feeling creme shadow that doesnt help my es last like how mac does. macs is smooth but it dries to a crepey dry finish especially if you over apply it.its not sticky at all. this on the hand turns greasy after a few mins of application, and it altered the color of my es to a dull color. also, the shade didnt match my lids at all. i have oily lids and this and the pearl one does nothing to help creasing. im not sure if the reviewer below is reviewing the same product. this stuff comes in a small PLASTIC tub with a white cap, and i believe NYX doesnt even carry any mu in glass containers... oh and i purchased mine for almost 8 bucks. what a rip for such crap.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2010 5:59:00 AM More reviews by glitteradi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Packaging is great, it is a glass jar like MAC paintpots and you can get every bit out of it. The product works fine for me but I have a problem with the shade being but too dark for me so I usually dont be able to spread it up to my browbone. I am NW 20. I love that this is matte. Thsi is not super sticky, if you need something super sticky I recommend the MAC cream color base.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2010 6:21:00 AM More reviews by ltn

This product is great for such a low price. I got mine at Ulta for under $4. I use this eyeshadow base for everyday wear. This is not as long lasting as UDPP. My eyeshadow will fade after about 6-8 hours. I only wear this to school and work. I recommend investing in UDPP for going out and special occasions. But this eyeshadow base will work fine for daily use.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2010 7:03:00 PM More reviews by ceradova

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I used to use UDPP as an eye primer before I switched to this one. UDPP dried really fast, creased, and tended to be drying on my skin. Since I have dry combination skin, I needed a creamier formula. Since I got this, there's been no creasing, no drying, and the formula is thick and easy to spread on the lids.

This also holds on to eyeshadow really well and doesn't crease much. I would highly recommend this for dryer skin, and for people who seek a creamier formula.

The trick to avoid creasing is to apply a thin layer on the lids, and that will be enough to hold on to the eyeshadow.

As for the eyeshadow being a darker shade, I didn't really have a problem with it because it will be covered by eyeshadow anyway. Since I'm an NC25-30 shade, the base wasn't that much darker.

Overall, this eyeshadow base is almost a steal - I think I paid $6 for this. It's a great product and it will last for a while.