November 27, 2014 | 989 users online

Concealers - Christian Dior - Diorskin Nude Skin Perfecting Hydrating Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2010 9:24:00 AM More reviews by selfishfrick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i love this stuff.
i was searching for a good concealer under my eyes. i was using my MUFE camouflage palette, but i found out that it works to conceal my face only, but ist too heavy for my eyes. the shop assistant showed some concealers like YSL, lancome, but told me that all these are heavier than this one or require additional coverage with another product. she tested it on herself, and then i tried it on myself. I had a sister with me who could see the difference because i could not (bad lighting). she told me there's so much difference. and i bought it. I love it. it's so moisturizing, easily applies, doesnt cake up in between the fine lines. It is light, so it will not cover severe dark circles (then you will need to put something else to brighten up), but for me it works just fine. I am using it every day since I bought it. so expensive though.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2010 6:32:00 PM More reviews by carebear617

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The only reason why I'm giving it four stars is because it's not an everyday wear (at least for me). I started breaking out when I used it on a daily basis. Thank goodness I have good skin, and won't be needing too much concealer. I use this when I go out at night, weddings, or really fancy events. It works WONDERS if one isn't using it everyday. It covers, doesn't flake, applies smoothly, and all the make up I applied over it blended well. It's also good as a primer, so duo purpose for something so pricey. This is something I would buy it again, but not for everyday use.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2010 7:47:00 AM More reviews by mg86

I started off with a sample of this and recently decided to buy the full size (currently £19 in the UK) - it is simply the best concealer I have ever used.
Pros:
1. It blends beautifully, doesn't oxidise, dry out or cake on my face - to me, that is more important than even the level of coverage, because dried, crusty skin looks even worse than most things you would use concealer to hide.
2. It is highly concentrated, so only a tiny drop is needed for each application. It seems like it would be easy to squeeze out too much, so to prevent product waste I squeeze a dime-sized amount of this into a sample jar and apply it with a clean brush. I have never had to refill it more than once per week.
3. The amount of product you get for the price is very generous, especially when you consider the point above.
4. The texture is very smooth and moist, so you could easily use this to seamlessly cover larger areas.
5. It lasts well all day.

Cons:
1. Coverage can be a bit thin so this won't hide really bad blemishes as well as a heavier formula. I've found that this works very well as a base for my MAC Studio Fix if I need to add a second layer; it keeps the overall finish natural.

I have used this under my eyes just to test it out and it doesn't settle in fine lines as badly as other concealers, but isn't anything special in that department. I recommend this if you have dry skin and are looking to hide acne or redness.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2010 1:21:00 PM More reviews by sallysellsseashells

I found HG status! Hurray for me. The only tiny thing I do is top this concealer off w/ a liquid highlighter to brighten my eyes. Here is my story. I searched high and low from Almay to YSL and everything in between (well, mostly everything-see my notepad) to find the perfect concealer that meets all the criteria I was looking for. This concealer has it all.
1. More hydrating than Lancome's efferences
2. More natual looking than BB's concealer/corrector system
3. More coverage than Amazing Cosmetics concealer
4. More staying power than Paula Dorf's special camoflauge concealer duo.
Non-cakey, smooth texture, great staying power, great coverage, great tube style w/ a tiny opening at the tip, good color match for me anyway however, this concealer has a very limited color range which will be an issue for some. I didn't find this concealer overly expensive ($28) because honest to goodness, even with my dark circles, I only need a tiny dot to cover both undereyes. I had to use so much with LM's secret camoflauge concealer to cover anything and it always look cakey. I pray to the mu lords that Dior never d/c's this concealer.
For reference, I use 030 (med. beige) in Dior nude foundation and NW25 in MAC. I use this concealer in 002 (beige).

18 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2010 8:19:00 PM More reviews by pocky

I am a yellow-toned NC20(ish) and I could not get a decent match so I ended up mixing Ivory (001) and Beige (002) since I use concealer primaily for my undereyes and I like to match my skin as close as possible. I think my MUFE custom concealer blend (Full Cover #4 and #6 and HD #315 and #320) gives me much better coverage and the #320 has just enough pink to hide my dark circles for when I need super extra full coverage, but Diorskin Nude is a fantastic and very elegant sheerer alternative for days when I don't need so much coverage.

Just as with the foundation, I would not call Diorskin concealer moisturizing (much less "intensely moisturizing" as is described on sephora.com) but it is a bit more hydrating than most concealers, hence the sheerer coverage. I like Diorskin's creamy consistency and the fact that it contains no shimmer or other light-reflecting nonsense. I set my concealer with a little loose powder or Benefit Powderflage and it stays on all day. I don't now how well Diorskin works on oily skin since I have normal-to-dry skin. Also, as other reviewers have mentioned, the coverage is on the sheer side. Since Dior is not cheap ($28 a tube), I would look elsewhere if I need more coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2010 5:17:00 AM More reviews by winiray

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I would use this concealer together with Christian Dior SkinFlash. This concealer helps to cover my dark eye circles but not completely...
It is rather fluid and can be layered easily. I like the shade as well as it suits my skin color. will repurchase again ")

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2010 8:06:00 AM More reviews by Superfancy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the best concealer I've found for my *ahem* mature skin. It covers undereye circles very effectively without accentuating lines. It doesn't look heavy or cakey. The conisitency is wonderful--it feels like a high-quality moisturizer. My only complaint is that it comes in only four shades. The Ivory (001) is a close match for my skin, but a little too yellow. None of the other shades has a pink undertone, so blending two shades wouldn't help.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2010 11:08:00 AM More reviews by shirleya

I was looking forward to using this concealer after liking the foundation from the same line and reading the great reviews it received.
All and all it is not a bad concealer but I couldn’t find anything special about it either. It doesn’t irritate my eyes and it covers my under eye circles quite well. The formula is very creamy, feels a little buttery at first and maybe this is why it does creases a bit under the eyes, emphasizing small fine lines. The concealer is unscented and does not include an SPF.
It contains only 10 ml in comparison to Lancome’s Effacernes Concealer, which consists of 15 ml. I can't find a big difference between the dior and the lancome except the quantity and the SPF. I will probably go back to the Lancome after this one, unless of course some new existing concealer is released ^^

Water, phenyl trimethicone, cyclopentasiloxane, dimenthicone, PEG-9, polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimenthicone, glycerin, butylenes glycol, sodium chloride, vinyl dimemthicone/mythilcone, silsesquioxane crosspolymer, trimethylsiloxysilicate, titanium dioxide, polyglycreyl-3 beeswax, talc, cetyl dimethicone, sorbitan sesquioleate, disrteardimonium hectorite, silica, dimenthicone crosspolymer, phenoxyethanol, alumina, sodium myristoyl glutamate, stearic acid, propylene carbonate, tetrasodium edta, dimenthicone/vinyl dimenthicone crosspolymer, ascorbyl glucoside, aluminum hydroxide, biosacchride gum-2, tin oxide, magnesium aspartate, zinc gluconate, hydrolyzed linseed extract, copper gluconate, rhodochrosite extract, sorbic acid. +/- may contain: mica, CI 77002 (aluminum hydroxide) CI 77491, 77492, 77499 (iron oxides), CI 77891 (titanium dioxide)

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2010 11:47:00 AM More reviews by lamarta

This is the new version of the Anticerne Perfecteur Soin Hydratant (Long Wearing Moisturizing Concealer, that used to come in a blue tube). I find the consistency and pigmentation very similar to the old one, could be that it's a bit more liquid, but the difference is very subtle in any case, and still works great covering the dark circles since you can layer it up (with thin layers). There are less shades though, luckily for me there is one exactly like the old 430, now called 002.

I really think this is one of the best concealers, if applied right. It's not drying, it doesn't cake, it can settle a bit in the lines but if it helps if you moisturize well the area before. I've tried sooooo many (Helena Rubinstein, Estee Lauder, Mac, Bobbi Brown, MUFE, Clinique, YSL...), and this one is just the best I've found.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2010 3:57:00 PM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a good concealer, it is pretty fluid and easily layered and if you are lucky you can use this for both undereye and face. My only issue is the shade selection! It is missing a good chunk of skintones, notably LLL shades. None of my friends could find a shade that matched.