April 21, 2014 | 1073 users online

Concealers - Christian Dior - Diorskin Nude Skin Perfecting Hydrating Concealer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2010 8:19:00 PM More reviews by pocky

I am a yellow-toned NC20(ish) and I could not get a decent match so I ended up mixing Ivory (001) and Beige (002) since I use concealer primaily for my undereyes and I like to match my skin as close as possible. I think my MUFE custom concealer blend (Full Cover #4 and #6 and HD #315 and #320) gives me much better coverage and the #320 has just enough pink to hide my dark circles for when I need super extra full coverage, but Diorskin Nude is a fantastic and very elegant sheerer alternative for days when I don't need so much coverage.

Just as with the foundation, I would not call Diorskin concealer moisturizing (much less "intensely moisturizing" as is described on sephora.com) but it is a bit more hydrating than most concealers, hence the sheerer coverage. I like Diorskin's creamy consistency and the fact that it contains no shimmer or other light-reflecting nonsense. I set my concealer with a little loose powder or Benefit Powderflage and it stays on all day. I don't now how well Diorskin works on oily skin since I have normal-to-dry skin. Also, as other reviewers have mentioned, the coverage is on the sheer side. Since Dior is not cheap ($28 a tube), I would look elsewhere if I need more coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2010 5:17:00 AM More reviews by winiray

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I would use this concealer together with Christian Dior SkinFlash. This concealer helps to cover my dark eye circles but not completely...
It is rather fluid and can be layered easily. I like the shade as well as it suits my skin color. will repurchase again ")

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2010 8:06:00 AM More reviews by Superfancy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the best concealer I've found for my *ahem* mature skin. It covers undereye circles very effectively without accentuating lines. It doesn't look heavy or cakey. The conisitency is wonderful--it feels like a high-quality moisturizer. My only complaint is that it comes in only four shades. The Ivory (001) is a close match for my skin, but a little too yellow. None of the other shades has a pink undertone, so blending two shades wouldn't help.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2010 11:08:00 AM More reviews by shirleya

I was looking forward to using this concealer after liking the foundation from the same line and reading the great reviews it received.
All and all it is not a bad concealer but I couldn’t find anything special about it either. It doesn’t irritate my eyes and it covers my under eye circles quite well. The formula is very creamy, feels a little buttery at first and maybe this is why it does creases a bit under the eyes, emphasizing small fine lines. The concealer is unscented and does not include an SPF.
It contains only 10 ml in comparison to Lancome’s Effacernes Concealer, which consists of 15 ml. I can't find a big difference between the dior and the lancome except the quantity and the SPF. I will probably go back to the Lancome after this one, unless of course some new existing concealer is released ^^

Water, phenyl trimethicone, cyclopentasiloxane, dimenthicone, PEG-9, polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimenthicone, glycerin, butylenes glycol, sodium chloride, vinyl dimemthicone/mythilcone, silsesquioxane crosspolymer, trimethylsiloxysilicate, titanium dioxide, polyglycreyl-3 beeswax, talc, cetyl dimethicone, sorbitan sesquioleate, disrteardimonium hectorite, silica, dimenthicone crosspolymer, phenoxyethanol, alumina, sodium myristoyl glutamate, stearic acid, propylene carbonate, tetrasodium edta, dimenthicone/vinyl dimenthicone crosspolymer, ascorbyl glucoside, aluminum hydroxide, biosacchride gum-2, tin oxide, magnesium aspartate, zinc gluconate, hydrolyzed linseed extract, copper gluconate, rhodochrosite extract, sorbic acid. +/- may contain: mica, CI 77002 (aluminum hydroxide) CI 77491, 77492, 77499 (iron oxides), CI 77891 (titanium dioxide)

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2010 11:47:00 AM More reviews by lamarta

This is the new version of the Anticerne Perfecteur Soin Hydratant (Long Wearing Moisturizing Concealer, that used to come in a blue tube). I find the consistency and pigmentation very similar to the old one, could be that it's a bit more liquid, but the difference is very subtle in any case, and still works great covering the dark circles since you can layer it up (with thin layers). There are less shades though, luckily for me there is one exactly like the old 430, now called 002.

I really think this is one of the best concealers, if applied right. It's not drying, it doesn't cake, it can settle a bit in the lines but if it helps if you moisturize well the area before. I've tried sooooo many (Helena Rubinstein, Estee Lauder, Mac, Bobbi Brown, MUFE, Clinique, YSL...), and this one is just the best I've found.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2010 3:57:00 PM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a good concealer, it is pretty fluid and easily layered and if you are lucky you can use this for both undereye and face. My only issue is the shade selection! It is missing a good chunk of skintones, notably LLL shades. None of my friends could find a shade that matched.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2010 10:42:00 AM More reviews by etmg

bought this in ivory as I was actually going to buy a blusher and he used this on my undereye circles. It's really good, the colour is perfect, sinks into the skin but still manages to lift the whole underye area. Might have found the HG concealer for dark circles.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 9:06:00 AM More reviews by redmakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Comes in very nice colors. Only lightly creases on me and I have a major problem with most concealers creasing on me and it covers well. Unfortunately I have very sensitive eyes and after a couple of hours my eyes turn pink.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2010 4:43:00 AM More reviews by scorpiobelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Here's how it happened...
I was at Sephora the other day getting a new Diorskin Forever compact in 020 (In my opinion the best powder out there), and it just so happened that I was out of the Smashbox concealer (which I didn't like anyway, and had only purchased once). I've never had great luck with concealer- It either didn't conceal anything, looked greasy/cakey or raccoon-y, or settled into fine lines around the area, but I have AWFUL dark circles from allergies, and have always tried to find a concealer that would help, with little success. Since my similar conundrum with powder led me to trying and falling head over heels with Diorskin Forever, I figured- "Hey! my skin loooooves Dior!" and decided to try the concealer. It's the Diorskin Nude in 001 Ivory, and this stuff goes on like a dream! It's spreads evenly, and covers amazingly well without looking like it's there at all- hence the title Nude, I'm assuming? This stuff does not hurt my eyes, does not stink, does not change color on me through the day, and keeps my skin from getting oily- just keeps hydrated. I now use a bit of the Nude under my eyes and nose, or noticeable blemish, and set with Diorskin powder before blush, bronzer etc. This stuff is so good that it's almost like getting a new face- My HG for sure. It is a little on the pricey side, but a little goes a LONG way, and it really lasts you; the squeeze tube helps you to not waste product, and keep it more sanitary. It stays all day, and all I really need to do is blot a bit or dust with a little more powder throughout the day, but wherever I put this foundy, it STAYS there. Worth every penny to me to look ten years younger in three minutes- I almost feel guilty! Yay for Dior makeup! Will absolutely buy again:)

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2010 11:55:00 AM More reviews by kimberlyball

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bought this in 03 Honey and have medium olive skin. I have never used a concealer before and don't really have under eye issues, but I tried this on at the insistence of the associate and couldn't believe what a difference it made. It really brightened my eyes and made me have that flawless face every girl wishes for. I highly recommend this product.