August 30, 2014 | 1753 users online

Highlighters - TheBalm - Mary-Lou Manizer

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by aalley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been hearing about this product for YEARS and I was dying to try it I am a highlighter junkie, I love a shimmer in the rain, winter, spring, and fall. I just love it, but I did not love this product I think this is a great product for medium to tan skin tones but anything slightly darker no. I am NW43/NC45 skintone and Cadiz in NARS, when I put this highlighter on it looked so ashy I was not a fan I tried it again and again to make it work but with no luck, its great for the bridge of the nose but not for the cheeks.

Whats interesting is I have actually seen girls wayy darker than me wear this and look flawless so maybe this product just can't find a happy medium. I sometimes use it as and eyeshadow or highlight in the tear duct but thats as far as it goes.

I'll stick to my Giella Eye M Glam which is an highlighter formulated by Kim K. makeup artist.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2013 2:40:00 PM More reviews by crmelody

EDIT: Will not purchase because I'm going green with my makeup. I'm sticking with RMS' Luminizer, which I so love. RMS' Luminizer is also easier to apply.

I just had to buy it because of all the hype surrounding it. Overall, I am pleased. I would not use it as an eyeshadow, but I may use it to highlight around my eyeshadow if I'm feeling extra creative. I would not use it for my cheeks either. I much prefer RMS' Luminizer for the cheeks because it looks natural and glowy (not powdery). Also, with RMS one it's easier to make it appear natural. It's hard to go overboard. With these, it's very easy. This goes great in the inner part of eyes, cupids bow, and below the lower lip. I specifically bought it for below the lower lip since my Luminizer has coconut oil and breaks me out in that particular area. This gives those areas a natural sheen.

I don't know if I'll repurchase since I don't think this will ever run out. They give way too much product. I'd much prefer half the size for half the price. Takes so much space in my palette. This is literally bigger than some powder foundations, and even if you used that powder foundation over your ENTIRE face for a year straight, you'd probably still have some left. The amount they give is pretty excessive. Bigger than any powder blush I own.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2013 6:49:00 PM More reviews by YENSUONG

This is a miracle in a compact! A little goes a long the way. This can be use to highlight cheeks, nose or eyeshadow. It can be for multi purpose which is so convenient for me. I highly recommend everyone this! This will make your face glow like a goddess! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2013 5:15:00 AM More reviews by emma1995

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i literally get excited to put this on! amazing amazing amazing!

-feel like a movie star-

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2013 4:40:00 AM More reviews by Rocklover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am in love. I bought this after reading all the mua raves, and it has DELIVERED! My Mary loumanizer takes me from looking tired to looking radiant and fresh. It's very finely milled so it gives a sort of glow, rather than looking sparkly and fake. It looks very natural. A little goes a long way too so it will last ages. And I adore the colour - kind of champagne - it just goes so well with my skin. I love the versatility o this highlighter too - it looks great on cheeks, brows and tear ducts. I can't imagine ever ending my love affair with this! DEFINITELY repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 4:53:00 AM More reviews by misscoutureland

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great highlighting product, not overly glittery and will last for hours. Very easy to blend to, you can do it with your fingers.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 1:04:00 AM More reviews by Lipstickjunkie4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this hi lighter! This is HG! Not glittery or over shimmery! Gives just the right amount of glow! Will purchase over and over again!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2013 6:01:00 PM More reviews by bronteisabella

I got this at a really cheap price on ebay because the normal price was a little out of my budget at the time, but when I run out of this, I will definitely buy more. This is my absolute favorite highlighter - and probably my favorite makeup product in my collection! I wear this every single day (and have been for about 6 months and I still have barely made a dent), it is so pigmented and smooth and gorgeous! Not to mention the packaging is adorable, like all of TheBalm's products.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by brighteyes22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous! Natural and glowing, not shimmery. For ref NC 30 and it blends perfectly with my skin tone!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2013 1:32:00 PM More reviews by Aminsat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Simply put, I like the texture of this highlighter but something is off about the tone to me. Indeed, it's really fine and seems to look smoother on the skin as opposed to my current MAC Soft and Gentle highlighter which kinda 'sits' on top of the skin. The issue I have with this is that whatever little pigment is in this powder - and I know a lot have mentioned it's colourless but I digress - it doesn't work well with my skin tone. The effect is an unflattering yellow gold sheen in certain light or angles as opposed to a warm glow. So although I think this has a nicer finish than my MAC S&G, the pigment doesn't work with my skin the way my MAC one does. It doesn't look like "my skin but glowing" which is the effect I'm going for. So back to MAC until I find a better highlighter.

That being said, I've recently discovered highlighters are awesome to have in your makeup stash especially for photos and nighttime. My only word of caution is to test the colour in different lights before you buy ladies! :) For reference, I'm a MAC NC35 NARS Stromboli.