Essie Mint Candy Apple

4.2

on 6/26/2011 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The name (Mint Candy Apple) is sort of deceptive. It's really more an aqua or robin's egg blue, I was expecting it to be more like China Glaze's Refreshmint, and that was a little disapointing. The formula was HORRIBLE it was streaky, gloopy, and chipped after 1 day. I've never been more disapointed in an Essie polish before.

on 6/10/2011 4:41:00 PM

While the color is nice, it's a bit deceiving. It definitely looks more mint in the bottle but dries to a robin's egg blue. My major issue with this polish is the application. It's extremely thick and goopy and I find it very difficult to get a smooth finish. Even with two coats, this polish tends to look streaky. Some of my nails needed a third coat in places for the color to be truly opaque. The color is not worth the effort it requires to get a decent manicure with this polish.

on 6/8/2011 7:31:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is a really beautiful color, but application was a little tricky. I felt like the lacquer was a little too thick, but that's common of pastel shades.

on 6/2/2011 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was on the hunt for a mint polish. I was deciding between Revlon's Minted or Essie's Mint Candy Apple, but decided on Essie after reading Revlon's Minted reviews. This polish is more aqua than mint, the green hues are quite faint in this which was a bit of a disappointment for me. Formula wasn't too sheer, two coats was enough to see an opaque colour. Last's fairly well, it's been almost one week of wear and I just started to notice some chipping near the tips. (this is without a top coat on).

on 5/29/2011 5:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I had high hopes for this nail polish but like others have said, the color isn't so true to it's name. I was hoping for a more greenish mint hue, but it turned out to be more blue/turquoise. As others have mentioned, I too found that the formula was INCREDIBLY hard to work with. It was streaky, thick, gloopy and just overall hard to control and to apply. I find myself hesitating when I reach for this color. It's hard to get an even application with this color and I was shocked b/c I'm a huge Essie fan and none of my other colors were hard to apply. So I find that the Essie pastel/creamy colors are pretty gloopy/streaky, whereas the non-creamy colors are okay.

on 5/28/2011 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I Love love love this color!! When i get tan in the summer it looks really good on my toes. I get more compliments on this color than any color i own. Guys have stopped to say they like my nail polish color. I think that speaks for itself.

The first coat can be a little streaky but the second coat goes on opaque. I am half way though the bottle and will definitely be repurchasing it.

on 5/27/2011 1:49:00 PM

I love the colour of this polish, but I am not crazy about the formula. This polish is very streaky, but with two or three coats it will be opaque. The major problem I had with it, was drying time. I would put this on and then drying drops and then wait a good 15 minutes before adding another coat. When I put my topcoat on, it started to pull the other polish. I will have to experiment with it more, but I don't think I would repurchase.

on 5/24/2011 9:44:00 PM

My favorite polish color to date--very flattering, more of a robin's egg blue than a mint green. Perfect with every skin tone. The formula needs improvement, though. It's gloppy and I find it difficult to get a smooth finish on every nail. Full coverage in two coats. Small chips after two or three days. I suggest a base coat, since the polish tends to yellow my nails a bit. Even with its fair share of downsides, I am a huge fan.

on 5/22/2011 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Oh. Em. Gee. I LOVE this color. It's a color that would look good on all skin types. Perfect for any season! I didn't have a problem with the polish streaking.

on 5/22/2011 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Essie usually takes a couple coats to apply an some start out streaky but, it always goes opaque after at two coats. I think it is worth it because it isn't a nail polish that chips easy it really does last. Plus this color is just freaking gorgeous.

Top Rated Essie Products