April 16, 2014 | 1482 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Volume Flash The Max in Extreme Black 003

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2010 12:40:00 PM More reviews by ssherices

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh man, I bought this on a whim....i am so happy i did! Of course I use an eyelash curler and i have long dark eyelashes already but this made my eyelashes reach up to my brows!!! I really love this and I am super happy that I found a mascara with this price tag that works even better then my beloved lancome affair hehe....give this a try...you might find your hg...one note...although this says volume its more of a lengthening mascara on me....but if you line your upper lash line it will look really full and long....

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2010 3:05:00 PM More reviews by Hamstershell

This one works for me. After first coat, I notice my lashes are a little longer, and on second coat, they become thicker. On the third coat, I get more dramatic lashes, like I got some falsies on. One of my favourites for now.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2010 2:47:00 PM More reviews by batyah

I was so excited to buy this mascara, and sadly it is one of the worst I have ever tried! It made my lashes clump like crazy, and look spidery. I am taking it back today :(

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2010 11:46:00 AM More reviews by jg7251

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure why this mascara has gotten such great reviews. I tried it for a week based on the reviews and really did not like it. It doesn't thicken very much, is clumpy, and results in "spidery" lashes. So far one of the worst! I'm trying Rimmel's Sexy Curves and liking it much better.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2010 10:52:00 PM More reviews by RobinFace

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I saw the reviews and bought this. I didn't care for it myself. It went on unevenly and clumpy. It wasn't the worse mascara, but surely not worthy of the great reviews I read on this wesite. It is good enough not to toss. I will use for now but I have to wipe off the clumps before it dries.I won't be buying it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2010 2:41:00 AM More reviews by corgi75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara. I've used many volumising ones from low to high end and find this one rivals the old faithful Max Factor 2000 Calorie, Lancome Hypnose and even the YSL Faux Effet cils.

It has a lighter feel to it than the others; almost like a mousse. The result is that its easier to apply than the heavy duty volumisers, and errors are easier to fix. It doesn't smudge, wears well and is easily removed with eye-makeup remover.

I have long medium thickness blonde eyelashes and 2 coats of this after a good curling gives me a falsies look.

Packaging is awful, looks like something from the Barbie range but otherwise give this mascara a go. Its cheap yet totally worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2010 4:10:00 AM More reviews by lizzredhead

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was very surprised with this mascara it gave me dark long full lashes. I loved it!! I'm a dior blackout fan all the way but its a bit pricey but this is the closest drugstore mascara to it. If u love long full dark lashes you should definitely try it!! I got it on sale for $2 wish i would have gotten more!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2010 6:34:00 PM More reviews by woahitsbrooke92

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading reviews on this product here, I thought I'd give it a try. Mind you, I've only used this mascara twice, but it didn't do much for me. It wasn't as awesome and amazing as people raved it would be. It made my eyelashes seem tinted black and slightly curled and lifted, but it wasn't anything special. I used only two coats, seeing as I hate clumping up my lashes. Wishing I would have just gotten an old favorite. Oh well. Maybe I'll start to love this with the more I use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2010 11:31:00 AM More reviews by DanaV78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

never in my wildest dreams would I have thought I would fall in love with a Rimmel product so hard. I had just about given up on this line, when this hot pink case was incredibly hard to take my eyes off of and I immediately thought worst case scenario, Target has a great return policy, I am always there, and thus will be easy to return...I had already had set up this dynamo for failure. I tend to hate the mascaras that most the MUA'ers love and love the ones that everyone seems to hate, so expectations were low, but I am just too obsessed with makeup not to want to try everything out there...try I did...and I have fallen head over heels...I am nto going to go over what everyone else has said because boy is the feeling mutual...but two coats and my lashes have lengthened instantly, yes they look false, yes this miraculous bottle does not create any clumping on my lashes nor have I had to go overthem with an eyelash comb. Also I love the fact that it doesn't cause any drying, so if I touch my lashes, it feels like nothing is on them, which also allows me to add some extra oomph if I am going out for a cocktail with the ladies after work and want to add an extra coat without it making it look like spider lashes...absolutely adore this and am crossing my fingers that it sticks around for while. Give it a shot if you haven't already!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2010 1:53:00 AM More reviews by Tramrak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

super fantastic!!! this mascara is quite a little workhorse, and i am so glad that i let myself be wooed into buying it because of a few (at the time) good reviews and a cute, hot pink tube. so first of all, to me the number one most important aspect of a mascara is that it be able to hold a curl. i am borderline obsessive compulsive about curling my lashes and having them stay propped up all day long. this mascara does a great job of curl-securing and so much more! for a long time i've avoided volumizing mascaras because what i really want is super long, slightly thickened (NOT spidery) and splayed out lashes and i usually get better luck achieving that with lengthening formulas. however, lately all the lengthening mascaras i've tried have just been leaving me feeling kind of blah because a few hours after i put them on and i glance in a mirror, my lashes are very subtle. too subtle. this mascara gives MEGA length and can be layered for fantastic, dramatic yet not spidery volume. it's exactly what i think Diorshow SHOULD be but isn't. another huge plus in my opinion is that there is not a bit of flaking or smudging with this product but i've only been using it for about a week so we'll have to see how it holds up as i mostly find that once a mascara gets a little older the flaking starts showing up. now the brush is not my absolute favorite, it's kind of 4 sided and tends to get overloaded with product, so every three or four applications i take a tissue and wipe off almost all the mascara from the wand and it solves the issue. the way i get the best results with this mascara is to curl lashes, apply, let dry very thoroughly, then curl again and apply another coat very lightly and mostly just on the tips. i get gorgeous, wowza results. honestly, i am a mascara FIEND and so i'm a pretty harsh judge but this mascara is worth a lot of raving. i've even gotten asked for the first time in my life if i was wearing falsies! definitely worth trying out.