September 2, 2014 | 1557 users online

Eye Shadow - Coastal Scents - 88 color matte palette

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2009 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Kyakimochi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this palette! Great colors and pigmentation, and such a great range to play with! I'm surprised there aren't more people reviewing this! I've been into matte shadows recently, and this is perfect if you want to experiment to see what works well for you, or to even use this for crazy costume makeup experiments!

All around, the best palette for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2009 10:00:00 PM More reviews by Gracefashion

After seeing this palette on nearly EVERY youtube tutorial I decided to take the plunge and purchase one.

Shipping was quick and the palette was packed well. Obviously the palette contains 88 colors. It's great because I might not be willing to purchase forest green on it's on but because it's included in the palette I find myself using/trying every color.

I'm not an expert so historically I stick to MAC, Make Up Forever, Nars, and Bobbi Brown. These color aren't as well pigmented as the brands I just mentioned but they're a close second. You won't feel cheated. The only thing that annoyed me is that the Coastal Scents name is written on the face of the palette and the palette doesn't contain as many shades of pink as I would like. Oh well, off to TKB Trading to mix my own colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2009 3:27:00 AM More reviews by Missdawn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ok I know this doesn't look like I give this product a very high rating but I had to take one lippy off for how easily this shadow breaks. Other than that I love this palette and if I hit pan on any of the colors I would rebuy.

This literally has every shade of color you could think of in a matte color. Its a must-have for a MU newbie. I've seen these on ebay for as low as 12.95 but I bought mine for around 20 from Coastal Scents.

The texture on these are slightly chalky but IMHO almost all matte shadows have SOME chalkiness to them. They are easy to blend. Great for experimenting with colors you don't want to buy full sizes of before you try.

Each shadow is about the size of a dime, but doesn't take much to build color they are HIGHLY pigmented.

What else can I say? Great product!!