Apple Cider Vinegar for Hair

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

on 10/21/2010 11:58:00 PM

I love using this as a clarifying rinse when my hair feels weighed down and built up with product. It makes my hair feel smooth, silky, and clean. My scalp even feels better too. My method is to mix it as a 1:1 ratio with shampoo. Never had any problems with the scent once my hair dries.

on 8/20/2010 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I actually love this product for a toner on my face since I have acne & post acne scars. its good stuff ihe only problem that I do have is that it stinks. I dont mind the first stinging feel either - I use it straight w/o diluting. I have not tried it on my hair as yet or in my diet but maybe I will try the hair thing later one day soon. If you have acne this might be worth a try.

on 8/18/2010 11:50:00 PM

WOWW!! this is amazing for hair. the only drawback is that when your hair is wet, it will smell a bit. but once dry you can't smell the vinegar. I wasn't sure how well this would work but last night I used it, blow dried my hair half dry as usual, and slept on it. in the morning all I did was brush it. the first thing my coworker said when i stepped in was...WOW!! your hair looks so nice!! did you do something to it. and then i responded with funny you asked because...

on 7/29/2010 9:51:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

must have the "debris"(pulp) at the bottom of the bottle for best results,ive spent $$$$$THOUSANDS on acne scar products and nothing worked better than this! PLEASE READ ALSO MY "TURMERIC" review,for more info!
faded acne scars like nothing else! this and the turmeric..for me seperately...great under makeup for oily skinned gals like me but stinks too much so around the house I use it.
the turmeric works slightly better and definatley FASTER for even stubborn years old acne scars!
but the turmeric is something you leave on a few minutes to an hour...,a mask..... THIS is like an all day astringent/toner..the BEST astringent toner ever!!!! and ive used all the $20-$30 acne,astringent,toners!!!
Carmindy recommended this as better than expensive stuff too;)!!!
I swipe it on straight..no diluting... with a cotton ball... and just leave it on...
it stings at first and makes your nose open up or whatever..that lasts just a few seconds.will always use this:)
on a side note....if you get a big bottle..go ahead and splash some in your hair PRE shampoo (right before applying shampoo) in the shower..just a spoon or two...
I promise you..your hair will be so soft and shiny! and itll remove all build up in hair(not good if you have color you wanna keep..but works good to remove henna)
im 36 with oily skin and acne scars..... this reduced them, even old ones... like 40% in 2 weeks..ones i had been dealing with for years and years with $$$$,the turmeric knocked them down by 90% after that! wish I knew long ago, so i hope to help others.
if you wanna further increase results buy a bar soap thats like $1.37 and like $1 shipping!!! called "turmeric sandalwood need soap by "auromere" at i herb . com
wowwwwwwww my HG soap!!!!!!!!! for oily skin and scars keep skin matte all day!!! didnt know a soap could do that

on 7/6/2010 1:38:00 AM

Yup, vinegar is great for hair. I've been playing around with how to apply it to see if I can get the benefits but eliminate the strong smell. I now prefer to mix vinegar with my shampoo, about half and half, but the mixture may depend on your shampoo. I also mix a smaller amount into my conditioner. My hair and scalp felt great-- really clean and fresh, but not at all dry. (I hate shampoos that leave residue and don't rinse clean, so this was perfect.) One star off because of the smell if you use too much or don't rinse really well, and for the minor inconvenience. I'm also thinking that infusing some herbs like rosemary in the vinegar could help mask the smell, and might be good for hair too.

on 6/4/2010 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This review is for Red Wine Vinegar. Even plain distilled vinegar works well. A little goes a long way - after I rinse out my shampoo I add 2 tablespoons of vinegar to 2 cups of water and pour it over my scalp, ends, and the shaft of my hair. Then I massage it in for a couple of minutes and rinse it out. It might feel a little stiff afterwards, but when my hair is dry it is always ridiculously soft and incredibly shiny. The vinegar smell does not linger, and I like to use the Red Wine vinegar because I think it tints my hair slightly. I have long blonde hair that I've repeatedly abused over the years, and I thought that I would never be able to live without my Aussie 3-Minute Miracle conditioner. Vinegar works better, and one bottle will last forever at the rate of two tablespoons per shower. I love it when I'm able to simplify my shower routine with simple, earth friendly substances. No more dimethicone and other crap, which means that I can go longer without washing my hair because my scalp doesn't accumulate as much buildup anymore! Even the bottle looks sophisticated and lovely in my shower (the brand I use is Domaine des Vingnes.) My only problems are:

1.)
- It is easy to use too much; I compulsively add more to my mixture, so often I end up with overly moisturized hair that looks stringy.
2.)
- It tends to make my hair resistant to curling. I have naturally wavy hair and enjoy it, but when I use vinegar my hair straightens out. A dab of coconut oil as conditioner instead of vinegar helps my hair hold it's waves.
3.)
- My old conditioner was a very good detangler. With vinegar, I must spend more time detangling my damp hair after a shower and it can be quite annoying.

on 5/18/2010 10:29:00 PM

I used this twice and results are outstanding! I have suffered with dry itchy scalp for two years. I have tried so many things and nothing has ever worked. Apple cider vinager works!! I rinsed it over my head while in the shower then massaged it into my scalp. I rinsed it off a few minutes later. I didn't notice any difference in my hair, just that I can wear black again without being paranoid about flakes! The only word of caution I have is watch out you don't get any in your eyes, believe me!

on 5/17/2010 6:06:00 PM

This stuff is amazing. I like to mix it with rosemary in a glass jar and leave it in a dark place for a week. It helps with itchy scalps and makes hair smooth, soft and easy to control.

on 4/27/2010 1:28:00 PM

I have been using Bragg's ACV, diluted with water 1:1 on my hair and scalp as a pre-shampoo or rinse for almost a year now. My hair is so soft and shiny after I use it. The ACV breaks up all the build up of product that shampoos cannot wash away. This is especially good for people who use styling products containing silicone. The first impression I had of it was the horrible smell! It mostly washes away in the shower, but some will linger. That disappears once the hair is dry. The most impressive thing to me was how soft it made my damaged ends feel. It was amazing. Since I have started telling friends (and strangers) about it, they have tried it and loved it. It is definitely worth the time and money to try. If you don't like it, you could always retire it to the kitchen.

on 4/14/2010 1:33:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

i've been using this as a rinse after conditioner about once a week for a few years now. it leaves my hair shiny, light weight and stronger feeling. i love it. i also splash some on my face in the shower after i wash my face as it really helps with my skin as well. i don't mind the smell, but i am pretty used to it.

Popular Hair Products