November 28, 2014 | 1946 users online

Hair - Apple Cider Vinegar for Hair

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2010 10:29:00 PM More reviews by canmorg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I used this twice and results are outstanding! I have suffered with dry itchy scalp for two years. I have tried so many things and nothing has ever worked. Apple cider vinager works!! I rinsed it over my head while in the shower then massaged it into my scalp. I rinsed it off a few minutes later. I didn't notice any difference in my hair, just that I can wear black again without being paranoid about flakes! The only word of caution I have is watch out you don't get any in your eyes, believe me!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2010 6:06:00 PM More reviews by MadeasRage

This stuff is amazing. I like to mix it with rosemary in a glass jar and leave it in a dark place for a week. It helps with itchy scalps and makes hair smooth, soft and easy to control.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2010 1:28:00 PM More reviews by Elzbt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using Bragg's ACV, diluted with water 1:1 on my hair and scalp as a pre-shampoo or rinse for almost a year now. My hair is so soft and shiny after I use it. The ACV breaks up all the build up of product that shampoos cannot wash away. This is especially good for people who use styling products containing silicone. The first impression I had of it was the horrible smell! It mostly washes away in the shower, but some will linger. That disappears once the hair is dry. The most impressive thing to me was how soft it made my damaged ends feel. It was amazing. Since I have started telling friends (and strangers) about it, they have tried it and loved it. It is definitely worth the time and money to try. If you don't like it, you could always retire it to the kitchen.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2010 1:33:00 AM More reviews by Ravey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i've been using this as a rinse after conditioner about once a week for a few years now. it leaves my hair shiny, light weight and stronger feeling. i love it. i also splash some on my face in the shower after i wash my face as it really helps with my skin as well. i don't mind the smell, but i am pretty used to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2010 12:09:00 PM More reviews by GlosslipGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love ACV it is all natural and cheap, I use it as a hair rinse, mix it into my homemade face masks and make my own ACV and Green Tea face toner! Yes it smells a bit funky but it is so worth it for the results you get! Try it and let the experimenting begin!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2010 3:39:00 AM More reviews by Angelic1o7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

love this on my scalp! This is really embarrassing but i do have an oily, itchy dandruffy scalp. This is not a cure but it does bring me relief. I have gotten it in my eye and it burns really bad so be careful. You don't have to buy the more expensive organic brand, the regular store brand will do.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2010 5:13:00 PM More reviews by mz_simmonz

My brother bought a big bottle of apple cider vinegar to use in a recipe that failed but I decided to use the rest for my hair, creating better results. His loss is my gain!

I saw a bunch of different "recipes" for preparing the ACV but I just made up my own. 1/2 cup of the stuff mixed with 2 1/2 cups of lukewarm water worked fine for me. I shampooed, rinsed, and squeezed excess water from my hair and gently coated my strands with the mixture, then pinned it up for 5-6 minutes while I showered. Rinsed it out, used a light-weight conditioner (you don't really need conditioner, as the ACV seems to detangle but I had to find some way to get ride of that SMELL). I allowed my hair to airdry and at first it was its usually poofy mess when damp/semi-dry but when my whole head air dried completely, I was amazed. My hair was very soft and shiny without having to put additional products in or heat styling. I used this method once a week for the last 3 weeks and the condition of my hair really improved.

Now for the CONS: yes it smells..even when diluted with water, it's pungent (obviously avoid the eye area) and will stink up your tub that problem is quickly solved by lathering up with a strong shower gel. The smell also does not linger in your hair once it dries, or just use a bit of nice smelling conditioner after the application of ACV. Last tidbit: don't use this on color treated hair, it's acidic and will chip away at your color. I saw a bit of a brown tinge within my rinsing lather.

Other than that, I recommend this method..it's cheap and easy. I heard it was good for skin too?

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2010 9:42:00 PM More reviews by ComplexBeauty09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

I should just get over the smell and use this weekly! It makes my hair so shinny, and it seems to lighten my blonde hair, my hair feels super healthy and soft! The only thing is the smell that lingers. I am afraid that others may detect the scent of the vinegar. But apple cider vinegar has a lot of scalp benefits that I just canít help to pass up. Helping with things like hair lose and dandruff- which I need for my flaky scalp! I use 50/50 water and vinegar in a plastic bottle I found in the hair styling section for root touchup. This kind of bottle is great at getting to my scalp and distributing the rinse throughout my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2010 8:30:00 PM More reviews by GingerLemon

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I use this about once or twice a week after a shampoo. I dilute two tablespoons to one cup of H2O as a final rinse to remove and product build up.
Leaves my hair glossy and very managable.
This is my go to rinse.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2009 4:14:00 PM More reviews by perfectflower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I put this in a spray bottle I got from Sallys. I like spraying it in before shampooing it leaves my hair very shiny and smooth.