July 31, 2014 | 1928 users online

Eyeliner - Kat Von D - Tattoo Liner

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2012 11:26:00 PM More reviews by internationalshoe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I feel bad for Kat. She seems to have poor taste in men and, as a result of what is either 1) her insane naivety, or 2) her crippling need for attention (personally I believe it's the former) she tells us about the state of her love life via Tweet. If she were a cynic she would keep her love life on the DL until she figures out if her man is a narcissist with a roving dong before subjecting herself to our scrutiny. But she is not a cynic. She believes in true love, even in Hollywood, where everyone is a narcissist. These facts may seem irrelevant, but I mention them because they made me distrust the quality of her makeup products. If she exercises the same level of oversight and quality control over her makeup line as she does her men, her makeup will be (at best) a bummer. But you'll be glad to know that the eyeliner is wayyyyyy better than Jesse James. I bought the Maya brown color bc Sephora was out of Trooper. I don't think it is truly waterproof, but the ease of application is amazing. I am not good at applying eyeliner, but with a little practice, this liner is a cinch. It stays for longer if you let it dry and set. I will def buy again and can't wait to get Trooper.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2012 3:54:00 PM More reviews by thekissflower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I wouldn't recommend this product for someone who's never used liquid or gel eyeliner before, because it's so precise that even small mistakes are well defined.

That said, it's fantastic! It's easy to use, you can make the smallest details, it stays on for a whole day without smudging, and it's easy to wipe off with make up remover.

One thing though - it dries up fast when you're using it, so if you're slow like me, you might need to put the pen back in its cap a few times and shake it to get more ink out. At $30 (including tax), this product is pricey! But it's worth it, and much better than Maybelline's gel eyeliner, which I had been using for almost two years until i switched.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2012 7:32:00 PM More reviews by graceybaby8

Wow!!! I love this liner! I've been using stila waterproof liquid liner for I've a year and decided to give this a try... And I'm so glad I did! I've been reaching for this liquid liner more than my stila ! It stays on, doesn't smudge or smear when it dries - i have oily monolids. The brush nib is easy to work with and the colour is very pigmented! I usually use mine with my urban decay primer potion too

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2012 9:27:00 PM More reviews by tigergirly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Unfortunately I never got a chance to truly test this product, since my eyes burned and itched severely right after I put it on. I had to take it off immediately and was sore the rest of the day. Odd, since my eyes are rarely sensitive to products. This one got tossed!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2012 12:44:00 AM More reviews by kateST

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this in a mini size and I was excided to try the marker tip eyeliner.

At 1st I was very disappointed because the color was not pigmented at all. I shook it, pressed it, whacked it etc.... and it felt like there is just not much liquid inside. So I just put it to the side for few days.

Few days ago I reached for it again, just to play around, and the color was a rich, true black. I've been using it for about 4 days now, and it stays put like nothing alse. The tip makes the application incredibly precise.
I love this liner because I have to really get between the follicles of my eyelishes which is hard to do without a needle point liner. It also allows me to make an exceptionally controlled line all the way to my tearducks
Another big bonus is that this doesn't leave an imprint on my upper eyelid, it does not transfer at all, and I have oily lids. Prior to this I always had to apply shadow primer and color tones shadow to prevent transfering.

I will definately repurchase the full size

And if the color isnt coming out as pigmented, give it some time for the liquid to fully seep into the brush after you open the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2012 2:27:00 AM More reviews by ariel2229

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in a sample set from Sephora and at first didn't even touch it because I never had much luck with pen liners. But I didn't want to go through my urban decay so fast so I decided to give this a try. O boy was I glad I did. It is pretty black and still working for me. It has a precise tip which is a must for nee because I always do winged liner. Though liner liquid leaks from some hole in the side sometimes

UPDATE:
I have since ran out of my mini liner which took forever to do and recently purchased the full sized I have no problem with the leaking anymore and im not sure of mine is a different type but mine has a brush tip not felt always has on the trial and full sized

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2012 5:06:00 PM More reviews by princess101

My first liner from the Kat Von D line and I am somewhat disappointed. This liner is not as rich and pigmented as I'd hoped, nor is it water-resistant. This would appeal to those looking for a very fine tip pen-style liquid liner, as it is great for precise line work and beginners. Those looking for the water-resistant aspect will have to seach elsewhere. This is smudgeproof for regular daywear, but definately flakes/fades/runs upon contact with water. I will not repurchase this again, as there are far better options available at a more reasonable price.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 2:27:00 AM More reviews by laishelby

Love love love this eyeliner!
I've been using this every day for over 2 months and it hasn't run out or dried out!
The tip is very pointed so application is precise.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2012 11:58:00 PM More reviews by xoaida

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is amazing eyeliner! The first one I bought however dried out in less than 2 weeks. Luckily Sephora has amazing customer service, and replaced mine for free.

If you are eyeliner challenged like me, this is the product for you. It is literally fool proof and you will come out with a perfect winger liner every single time. The lasting power is also unreal, this does not budge.

Just make sure to store it upside down!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2012 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Walke202

I have tried all different types of liner - pencil, liquid, gel, and I was never satisfied with the way that it looked on my eyes and ended up wiping it off. I got the tattoo liner just a little while ago, and waited a bit to try it, but when I did I was thrilled! It makes a very precise line, and stays on all day without smudging. I can wing out my liner and it actually looks nice! Even though it stays on well, it's easy to wipe off with make up remover without rubbing and irritating your eyelid. I'm a huge fan of this eye liner. I spent $18 and I have to say I think it was worth it. I definitely recommend this.