Purchased this liner in trooper (black) and lap dance (plum/purple). Long story short, Trooper: LOVE!! Lapdance: don't do it.
- Colors. Trooper is a nice matte black and pretty self-explanatory. Lapdance is a dark, matte plummy purple that is extremely flattering for my dark brown eyes. Just gorgeous- if only it had staying power (further explanation below).
- Application. The brush tip (it's not felt) applies so smoothly. It's not stiff at all, but it's not flopping everywhere and making messy smudges, either. Great for precision (but soft) application- perfectly hugs the curve of your lash line. It's pretty much what I've wanted every other liquid liner to be, application-wise. Trooper applies like a dream, but Lapdance is annoyingly sheer and requires buildup.
- Staying power. The black has great staying power- pretty much budgeproof. A+ on Trooper. Lapdance, however, DOES NOT. Something about its formula is different than that of Trooper (besides the obvious). If it gets wet at all, it rubs right off! Not ideal for my annoying as heck hooded monolids. Any liner I wear is not only hidden but rubbed all day long inside that little hood- so it has to be budgeproof. Beware if you require waterproof liner like me- it won't stay on.
- Drying? Trooper was fine, but had to exchange Lapdance. It was dried out the first time I opened and tried to use it. This was a little over a month ago, and the replacement is fine so far, but I'm nervous about how long it will take for them to dry out. Maybe the first was just a fluke, but imagine my disappointment at opening up a brand new $18 dud.
Overall, love everything about Trooper. Sleek packaging, great application. Lapdance leaves too much to be desired, even though it's a gorgeous color. As long it doesn't end up drying out quickly (seems okay so far!), I will repurchase Trooper, but not Lapdance, unless they fix the formula.
I really had such high, HIGH hopes for this product. The only other Kat product I own is the concealer which I love. It pains me to give this product such a poor review. I love Kat and think she’s just gorgeous but these liners are a FAIL!
I bought Maya (dark brown) and Lapdance (deep purple). I wanted Biker (deep grey) but Sephora was out.
I tried them on my hand in Sephora and they were budge proof (a must for me and my uber oily eyelids).
I got them home and they were really dry. I mean there was hardly any product coming out and when it did come out it was dry. This happened with both of my liners. Reading through the previous reviews, I noticed that a lot of people complained about these liners drying up really quickly.
Well, heck…I just spent $18.00 plus tax per liner and I expect much better than this. For $18.00 per liner, I expect good quality and I would expect a fairly long shelf life. Why would I spend $18.00 on these when my L’Oreal Telescopic Waterproof liner is da bomb? Really, the L’Oreal is everything I want in a liner, smudge proof, waterproof and relatively cheap. The only reason I bought the Kat liner was to try to achieve the hard to do cat eye.
These are going back to Sephora.
Fantastic liner, easy to apply, lasts all day and doesn't smudge. The colour goes on in an easy swipe and it's very pigmented. I have this liner in Lapdance and I think I'll get more.
This eyeliner is great! I like the thin applicator it makes it so easy to use. Its also very dark which i love and it lasts all day without smudging. Will be repurchasing
This is my new HG black liquid liner. Awesome packaging and formula. Ultra thin brush tip is firm with slight flexing for ultimate control in creating the perfect strokes for subtle or dramatic eye lining. Also doesn't transfer or smudge after many many hours of wearing!
I've been looking for a liquid eyeliner that wouldn't smudge for the longest time. I asked my friend what eyeliner she used since her's never smudged or anything. She told me this was the one & the moment I used it, I loved it. I tend to try not to make my lines thick but by the end of the day if I make it thin, it'll be half gone. It's kind of upsetting but I still love the eyeliner.
A bit pricey for eyeliner in my opinion but I think it's worth it.
I bought it in Trooper which is pretty much a jet black color & I LOVE it.
LOVE THIS!! Very easy to use and long wearing. Takes practice, to get used to using this type of liner but works great when you get it.
I will buy again!!
- GREAT tip. flexible, very fine point. You can make ridiculously thin lines with this.
I find that the brush tip is good for people who aren't as comfortable with liquid liners.
The tip is very well made and will make application easier.
- Great great great for kitten flicks.
- Gets dry while you apply so you have to shake it up well once in a while during application (very minor downfall)
- Smudges a tiny bit, but much less than other liquid liners I have tried.
- Great :)
- $25 CAN (tax included) at Sephora
I'm terrible at ink well potted eyeliners. This doesn't budge after it's been set and lasts the whole day.
You can also have it draw a thick or thin line. The pressure you apply will determine how pigmented you want it.
I have this is Maya (brown) and it's almost black-brown which looks awesome without being too stark like black-blue eyeliners.
I've had this for about 8 months and it still works fine. If it gets dry just put one drop of warm water and have it standing up for a day. My applicator has not frayed like the reviews, however, I think it's important to not be too rough with it.
Price is $21 CND I believe which is about the avg price of other eyeliners in this range.
I just bought my second one =)
I LOVE THIS EYELINER it is one of the best eyeliners I have ever used. I was a little nervous when first trying out a liquid eyeliner, because i hadn't had luck with them in the past, but this liner just made everything so easy! It makes the perfect line on you're eye, and lasts all day long. Great product but still a little pricey but worth it!