February 27, 2015 | 1613 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2012 10:41:00 PM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

There is nothing new about this "new" formula apart from slapping on a new look label and making a new ad campaign. For fair skin the shade selection and longevity is exactly the same and just as bad as the old superstay and color rewind formulas. The 2 lightest shades are still super super dark (darker than MAC NC15) and too colored. Porcelain Ivory and Classic Ivory are still a ridulous pink/peach tone. Sand Beige is a much nice golden tone but is much too dark for anyone fair. They advertise this as being "24 hour" but this formula oxidises so badly that it doesn't even last "1 hour" on me. After an hour of wear it goes a full shade darker and even more orangey compared to when I first put it on. If you have fair skin I'd say its not really a "super stay", more like a "stay away"!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2012 12:41:00 PM More reviews by shycho

Medium Tan Asian, yellow undertones
Mac Foundation Shade NC35, C4
Combination Skin, oily at t-zone & dry at cheeks

I got the shade Classic Beige, and it is a bit light on my NC35 skin. It used to suit my skin well when I was an NC30, but I think this shade has a bit of a neutral/rosy undertone rather than a yellow/olive undertone, so I tend to warm up the foundation with heaps of bronzer because I'm a bronzer-obsessed person!

I like the level of coverage I get with this product, fit well for going out and having fun, also with photography as it has no SPF. I only wear foundation on special occasions, so I normally grab this product as it gives me medium/full coverage, with no white cast on my face with flash photography.

However, I do often feel that the foundation is a little bit too matte on my dry areas, making lines and wrinkles under my eyes, getting a bit cakey at times. I always try to moisturise my skin fully and very well before applying this foundation. But I still think if I had the perfect match of foundation on my skin, I would definitely love this foundation with a little bit more of moisture.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2012 2:42:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Super stay foundation is a verry nice foundation! It's a light texture,it blends really well! It stays on for hours! It gives a really nice and natural finish! I use natural tan for my summer olive skintone! Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2012 1:03:00 PM More reviews by Jsconnelly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was my main foundation throughout my last years in shook. Amazing coverage, leaves skin looking flawless and healthy ! I have this foundation in shade 021 nude which is the closest match I could find. It's a reall cheap foundations a I have never really had problems with it. I use this product on relaxed days, when I don't want heavy make up on. I love how it feels on my skin and gives my skin a nice glow. I have oily skin and it's never broke me out ! perfect drug store foundation for younger skin as its lightweight and doesn't cause any problems ! Will be re purchasing and would recommend !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2012 7:24:00 AM More reviews by tuffers

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

To start my review, I need to say that I'm in major menopause. I was using estrogen hormone replacement but found out due to a blood clotting issue, I had to suddenly stop taking it, which made my face break out horribly. My skin has always been very dry but suddenly, I have an oil slick on my face. I don't have to worry about mosquitoes because if they land on my face, they skid right off. My regular makeup was too emollient for my new faux puberty skin so I was on the search for something new and this make up fills the bill nicely. I had a little trouble getting the correct color but settled on Natural Beige, which is nearly an exact match. I'm not having any trouble with it staying in place from very early in the morning (2:30 a.m. I don't sleep well either) until about 7:30 in the evening when I remove it. I'm not sweating it off during those annoying hot flashes, either. The coverage is darn good, too, it covers all my new zits pretty well, with the addition of a setting powder on top. All in all, I will continue using, until my face goes back to my normal sahara dryness, if that ever happens. I do recommend this product!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2012 5:32:00 PM More reviews by HJensen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Let me start by saying that I'm 16, and I have teenage skin. My skin is oily and acne prone. I have breakouts. Maybelline SuperStay is my HG foundation, thus far. I have tried many other foundations in search of a foundation that could keep the shine off my face, have long wear, lots of coverage, and not break me out. I have found that in this foundation. I tested it out for about 2 weeks before writing this review, just in case any side-effects came up.

I wore this foundation to my vacation in Las Vegas. It withstood the 107-degree desert heat without melting off my face. After a full day of wear, the makeup looked just as good as if I had just applied it! I am thorougly impressed.

I give this four lippies only because it is a bit drying. I'm assuming because it's the matte formula. That's a small sacrifice! If you moisturize well before you apply, you should be just fine.

This foundation is much better than it's cousin, Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse. I was afraid to use this, because liquid foundation scared me. I didn't understand how it could possibly be matte. I switched to SuperStay because the Dream Matte Mousse broke me out horribly, and it didn't have the same lasting power.

I apply this with an ELF foundation brush and I set it with Maybelline Shine Free Oil-Control Powder in Soft Cameo. I haven't had any problems with this application. The packaging is the worst part of this product. It is a bottle with screw-top cap. There is no pump, so I pour the needed amount on the back of my hand and apply from there. The way I deal with the mess is to just take a tissue dipped in Vaseline and wipe around the top of the bottle every once in a while.

All in all, this is a great product, and I would reccommend it to anyone who needs a long-lasting, oil-control foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by audrey242424

I really love this! I am a fan of a very matte face. I work in a stock room with an air conditioning unit that is always breaking. I live in Texas so I'm exposed to this humidity 8-9 hours at work. I prefer cream to powder makeup but it just wasn't holding up well at all, by the end of the day nearly all my makeup had melted off despite setting it with powder ( on top of the cream to powder makeup). The finish of this is satin I would say, and I have skin that tends to be more dry. (Despite this my t zone can rack up grease like no other within a couple hours) I set this with maybelline mineral powder makeup in light 2. By the end of a humid day my makeup still looks pretty decent thanks to my face not melting and turning into a greasy mess. If you live in a humid climate and suffer from melty face at the end of a long work day, this is the makeup for you. I have big pores and makeup like Revlon Colorstay looked terrible on me, it oozed in my pores and accentuated the texture on my face. Be careful though---this says oil free but one of the ingredients is a type of man made synthetic oil (husband is science major), that being said, you gotta make sure you use an exfoliator like st.ives scrub to get this completely off...otherwise you wont notice it's not completely washed off and will get a few pimples here and there. Oh and fair warning, this oxidizes pretty much, I am NW 20 and NC25 and the lightest shade in superstay nearly matches my skin tone perfectly once it oxidizes. I gave this foundation only 4 stars because once the shades like porcelain ivory and classic ivory oxidize...they are nearly the same. I'm light, but I'm not THAT light, I have friends that are much more pale than me. This is also formulated with parabens which they think have been linked to breast cancer. They put parabens in foundation to preserve it so it doesn't expire as fast, about 75 percent to 90 percent of foundation contains it. I'm working on writing a letter to maybelline to change this, I don't work with them or anything but it's worth at try- I once emailed a clothing company about changing their shirts so all of them didn't have big letters of the name of the store written across them and it actually worked, about a month later all of a sudden there were graphic tees that weren't walking advertisements.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2012 10:42:00 PM More reviews by dollyhorse101

Ok, I've been using this more and more, and I seriously love it now! I originally got it a shade too dark but now that I'm slightly more tan it's perfect!
1. It seriously lasts ALL day. Doesn't come off too much when you rub your face (I tend to touch my face a lot and it still looked really good at the end of a long day at work!) Staying power is great!!
2. It blends soo nicely. I prefer to use a blunt, dense foundation brush. It buffs it into the skin really well, and it doesn't dry to fast so you don't have to move too quickly when applying it.
3. Medium coverage--Perfect for me, I don't like a full coverage because it looks cakey on me. This evens out skin tone and covers imperfections beautifully though WITHOUT looking cakey! It glides on beautifully!
4. Actually a good foundation for summer! I do think it lives up to what it says about lasting through heat and sweat, and it goes on matte. It's smooth after you apply it and doesn't get oily in the day. This doesn't make me break out either, but not a lot of foundations do, so no surprise.

This is legit my new go to foundation! Love it! I will eventually get the lightest color (porcelain Ivory I believe) for the winter months since I will be become quite pale, but I am so impressed!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2012 5:36:00 AM More reviews by KatDeClay13

This has parabens (perservatives) in it which is extremely bad and unhealthy for your face long term it will age you and is linked to cause cancer and depending on your skin type you can expect to breakout when using this. This product clogs my pores and i have broken out every time I have worn it and i get extremely oliy after a while plus dry patches. I DON'T recommend this product to anyone under ANY circumstances especially people who are acne prone, anyone that has sensitive or combination skin. It feels extremely heavey and cakey plus it gets terribley oily after a few hours yet at the same time looks chalky this is weird i know but this experience with the foundation has made me age quickly and just completely let me down. I will NEVER be buying this stuff EVER again. this product is toxic to the face. (litteraly) I cannot find my match for this product either i have tried multiples but every color seems too pink or yellow for my face. The only good thing i can say is you get full coverage. Thats about it but it is definitely not worth buying again there are other foundations that can give you just as good coverage (if not better) without all the cons of this product. I also noticed when i put it on my face it some what matte and dewy i really cant tell with this one but it didnt seem to have ANY glitter or shimmer in it when i put it on my face. (which is fine i go for a matte finish anyway) but i accidentally spilt a large amount on a piece of white paper and noticed that after it dried it was EXTEREMLY glittery. I dunno i was turned off by that. never ever getting this stuff again... also be sure to take this off with a MAKEUP REMOVER not a scrub if you scrub before using a makeup remover your scrubbing makeup into your skin...NOT good you dont wanna do that. if you cant afford or do want to go out and buy makeup remover just mix two equal parts of witch hazel and olive oil to get it off. I cant imagine wearing this in heat I have had it melt right off my face so I dont even think its good for that. I believe there are SO MANY products out there that do not have parabens (Tarte) and are overall better formulated ex. estee lauder double wear if you want a true longwear matte finish. I live in arizona and it was 110 degrees outside i kid you not the maybeline was like chalk juice streaked on my face I didnt realize it looked like this till i got home. So embarrassing... i was standing in the mirror laughing!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2012 1:27:00 PM More reviews by dtormon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I really hate to give a negative review! This gave me great coverage but didn't build well (became cakey), did not last long (about four hours) without needing touchups, oxidized on me to an orangey color, and made my face oilier than usual! It also sets very quickly like Colorstay, so I found it hard to blend in time.