Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

4.2

Water, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PEG-30 Glyceryl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol.

Love this! During the winter my skin gets super dry and flakey...and my mom commented to me how cakey my makeup looked because of my dry skin (I don't wear a lot of makeup at all). A friend brought it over once and I used it overnight- AMAZING! My skin was smooth and silky, and felt very moisturized. I washed my face with a gentle cleanser in the morning and my makeup went on much easier and blended perfectly, it looked so flawless and felt so good!
After she left, I didn't use anything and my skin started to go back to dry and pastey, flakey looking. I immediately went to the store and picked some up..$15, not a bad price, seemed expensive compared to all the $5 products surrounding it, but definitely worth it! Upon using it, my skin has looked gorgeous and brightened, and it helps my makeup so much! I now get complements on my beaming skin that I didn't before. I don't know what its like in the summer, it might be a little thick, but if just used overnight I think it will be amazing:)
As for breakouts, I'm prone to breakout with dryer skin, so it helped clear me up a lot!

on 12/30/2013 2:24:00 PM

i'm in love with this moisturizer :-) ...i apply this after i wash my face with kojic acid soap (KOJIE SAN ) to get rid of the dryness. it can leave a heavy feeling on the skin when applied too much so just a small amount will do. i also use this as a foundation primer and it creates a smooth canvas .my face didn't get oily throughout the day as long as i set my foundation with Ben Nye Luxury powder in banana. this moisturizer didn't give meany break outs at all despite my sensitive skin so i highly recommend it.

on 12/29/2013 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral

What can I say about cetaphil moisturising cream? Well it's okay, and I haven't found anything better yet.

It's not a miracle cream, to be honest it's an okay cream for me. What I like about Cetaphil moisturising cream is that it doesn't do some of the things that other moisturisers do to me. I can use it without getting burning teary red puffy eyes. This one doesn't. Some moisturisers make me feel icky because they make my skin feel sticky. This one doesn't. Creams and moisturisers often burn a little on my dry skin, this one doesn't, not even after I bleach my facial hair. Moisturisers tend to come out with sweat and cover the face with a disgusting sheen of ectoplasmic gue during exercise, this one doesn't.

Even though it doesn't do a lot of things, it does what it's supposed to do, nothing more, nothing less and it feels good on my skin. I do have to reapply several times a day. But I am content with this product.
I do think that it's too expensive, I've paid 12,95 euro's for 100g. I also don't like the packaging, I've seen a jar here on makeup alley, however I only found this in a tube. I would buy this again, though.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this in a squeezable tube version from a local store called Bartells. It was around $9 for a 3 oz tube. I know they have a bucket version but I didn't want to get that because it's so bulky when traveling. Anyway this is the perfect winter face moisturizer for me. It does bit break me out even though I have sensitive acne prone skin. I don't think I would use this in the summer because it's definitely a thick cream but it absorbs quickly. Also, the over all look of your foundation will improve also! Would definitely repurchase!

on 12/7/2013 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

be careful if you have sensitive skin--
i used this as a last resort (went to the gym) when i ran out of my aloe based skin moisturizer.
i broke out significantly and rosacea flared.

on 12/7/2013 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

A must-have during the dry winter month for me. Since my skin is so dry, I even use this during the summer for my arms and legs.
I recommend this to everyone who has problem with dry skin and nothing seems to work.

on 11/27/2013 1:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I really dislike this cream. I used it on my face and around my eyes. The next day I got an eye infection that lingered for months, my doc said it was an infection caused by an allergic reaction. I can only assume it was this since it was the only new product I introduced. This product also clogged my pores horribly. I have nothing positive to say about this!

on 11/25/2013 5:11:00 PM

One day I woke up to my skin being very dry & flaky with a rash like appearance which is not.at all how it usually is which is a normal oily skin. I switched to this brand after deciding its obviously a mixture of the products I'm using and the changes in weather (in the uk its very very cold and icy). I absolutely love the product its super creamy hydrating and makes my skin look radiant. Along side the cleanser my skin looks almost back to normal. It has no scent which I love and sinks in quickly I reaply through the day (if I don't wear makeup) the packaging isn't exactly nice looking and it doesn't come in a handy tube. But overall ive found it works brilliant for my skin.

on 11/25/2013 3:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This stuff is my holy grail moisturizer. I've used it for a few years now as a nightly moisturizer but after a bad incident with Clinique's 3-step system, this stuff has also become my daily moisturizer as well. It's super thick, cool, and creamy and I'm honestly in love with it. I get flaky skin on my forehead and around my nose/on the top of my cheeks and with this stuff, it's just all gone. My skin stays moisturized all day/night and soothes any flare ups I get. The only thing I would change about this stuff is the packaging. I mean it's a very high quality jar and everything, but it's a little bit on the bulky side. I wish they had the super thick intense moisturizer in a tube instead. But either way, I've been on the same jar ever since I've started using the stuff and I've still got a quarter of the jar to go so $10 a jar every two or so years is pretty damn cheap in my opinion.

on 11/25/2013 2:19:00 AM

This stuff is super moisturizing I use this stuff at night after I wash my face with neutrogena clear pore cleanser/ mask and it's great. Definitely my favorite. I don't wake up having flaky skin. Which is good :) If you use a lot it can be a bit heavy (that's why I only use it at night), but if you don't care then I highly recommend it.

Popular Moisturizers