October 23, 2014 | 1196 users online

Skincare - Face - Grapeseed Oil

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2011 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Sage6o4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love grape seed oil! Lighter than EVOO but nothing will ever replace EVOO in my books! Haha. Seriously though, I love using grape seed oil for shaving, and all the other uses that EVOO does (removing eye makeup, etc) See my review for more! If you find EVOO too heavy I highly reccommend giving Grapeseed oil a try!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2011 11:46:00 AM More reviews by Juno77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My skin doesn't get along with grapeseed oil. When I use it I feel like I've put saran wrap all over my face, and I ALWAYS break out after using it. I have the same problem with other skin care that lists it as an ingredient.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2011 11:29:00 AM More reviews by Jmberry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Grapeseed was my first foray into using oils as skincare. I bought a small bottle of Merlot brand (which is 100% oil with no additives) from Ulta. This was before I realized that you could purchase the same stuff from the grocery store cooking aisle, so if I were to repurchase I would go that route, as you get more product for less money. I chose Grapeseed because I read that it was a good choice for oily skin. It's mildly astringent and full of antioxidants. It's very lightweight and has almost no scent. I used it as a precleanse/makeup remover and for that it was wonderful. Melted everything off and left my skin smooth and soft. I always followed up with a foaming cleanser. However, it did clog me a bit when I tried using it as a light PM moisturizer, which leads me to believe it may have clogged me further if I didn't use a foaming cleanser after makeup removal. I finished the bottle but am currently testing mineral oil which is even more lightweight, cheaper, and easier (for me) to acquire. But I still think I would repurchase grapeseed and recommend it to those with oily skin.
Edit: The fragrance in baby oil began to irritate me and i didnt feel like paying more to order unscented online so I switched back to grapeseed. I found a huge bottle of Grapeola brand at Wal-Mart in the cooking oil section and it's wonderful. I use it as a makeup remover followed by a foaming cleanser. I discovered that I can use it as a night moisturizer without clogs or breakouts but applying sparingly is key. Just a few drops and my skin is happy and glowing. I have added another lippie bringing this up to five.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2011 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Donnz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Out of all the oils I've tried (incl jojoba, evoo, sesame etc) this has been the best multi taking find for my dry, sensitive skin. When using it as a make up remover I add some water to a dollop of grapeseed oil and rub onto dry skin for a minimum of 30 seconds then clean off with a flannel followed by two drops of tea tree oil on a damp cotton pad. Then I can use it as a night time moisturizer for my entire body head to toe. It absorbs really well and every inch of my skin has never felt this smooth. It doesn't bleed into your eyes like evoo does and is far cheaper than jojoba. You can purchase this in bulk at your local supermarket and decant some into a smaller bottle for bathroom use and have the rest in the pantry for cooking. I have a very sensitive nose as well as skin and this oil is completely without smell, couldn't handle coconut oil for that reason. It goes great under makeup and makes for a great stir fry, what more could. I do find however that it isn't quite moisturizing enough in the winter.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2011 3:46:00 PM More reviews by solai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Unfortunately, this broke me out. My skin is acne prone but I haven't gotten any breakouts from olive oil or argan oil. If you're prone to breakouts, use with care!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2011 10:47:00 PM More reviews by paig392

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

OMG OMG im in loooove I'm 18 and have acne prone oily skin and looking to improve tone and hopefully lighten scarring I bought this. After experimenting with a few uses I really like to use it as an over night moisturizer. in the AM if I dont shower I tone, skip moisturizer, and apply my make up. my skin is GLOWY and doesnt get oily which happens regardless ofwhether or not I use a traditional moisturizer. If I do shower, i cleanse with EVOO and tone.
Oils are MAGIC <3

also....grapeseed is great for removing make up w/o making a mess...if I botch an eye look i can remove it without redoing all my makeup

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2011 1:31:00 AM More reviews by nyomya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I won't repeat what many previous reviewers already mentioned. I just wanted to share something extra...

I've used grapeseed oil when I had insect bites (mostly ticks) when I was hiking. I tried many methods to relief itchiness including prescription lotion. Nothing really worked like grapeseed oil. Of course, I had to reapply as soon as I got out of shower.

Since then, I had 2 8oz bottles and I used only one in mixing with lotion. I forgot one new bottle and I recently started using for my winter skin. My hands were so dried... I tried many lotion including Vaseline at nigh with gloves but I got only temporary relief. I was wondering why not using leftover grapeseed oil on my fingers. Actually, it worked. It took about 3 min to sink into skin but after that, no greasy at all and long lasting.

I also use grapeseed oil instead of baby oil to remove MU. Price is about the same so why not choose natural oil with antioxidants :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2011 12:56:00 AM More reviews by angieee7

I love oil cleansing method. Love how it takes off all my eye makeup. Having said that, I didn't like shelling out $$$ for Shu Uemura Oil. I downgraded to MAC Cleanse Off Oil, liked it. Then I tried grapeseed oil. Affordable, woks amazingly well, doesn't break me out, doesn't leave a residue when I use another cleanser after that. This will always be my eye makeup remover.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2011 12:08:00 PM More reviews by ineffable

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I took a trip to GNC to pick up some Jojoba Oil to try and help with my constant breakouts and oily/dehydrated skin. I happened to see Grapeseed oil next to it, the NOW brand, and saw that it said 'can help reduce the effects of acne' or something to that effect, so I figured $9.99 for sixteen ounces was a good deal and I was at the end of my rope (My forehead looked like I had road rash) and shelled out the money. I am SO GLAD I did. About two weeks later my skin is the clearest and overall healthiest it's been since I was a kid. Words cannot express how much I love this stuff.

I use it as an after-cleaning/shower moisturizer at night, just a few drops works, and in the morning to get my Mario Badescu Drying Lotion off, I just wipe away the excess and my skin is moisturized, happy and pretty much oil-free the rest of the day. I really hope my skins stays pleased with this stuff, because I sure am.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2011 10:09:00 AM More reviews by Ehrial

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've read so many reviews on here about grapeseed oil but, I was still in the process of finishing off my current moisturizer so, I never got the chance to try it. I'm in the process of making the transition to ALL natural products (meaning: no chemicals, parabens, sulphates, SLS, no fragrance etc etc). I also have slight eczema and over the past summer I realized how much my skin doesn't like fragrances. I realized that even the dermatologist tested products (Aveeno) still had enough chemicals to make me cringe. So, I finally finished off the bottle of Aveeno and bought a 750mL bottle of grapeseed oil for approx $8 (CAD) at Walmart. This stuff will last you a while! Since it does have a shelf life of about 6 months (maybe slightly longer if stored properly--cool/dark place), I suggest sharing it with someone or of course using it when cooking :D I love that it's a multi-purpose product. I use it as a: makeup remover, body moisturizer, facial moisturizer, cuticle oil and foot oil; and it works exceedingly well. I put it on after taking a shower and my skin GLOWS. It moisturizes really well and keeps your skin soft. Sometimes, I need a little extra help around the elbows so, I use my 100% Pure Shea Butter for that. It takes all of my mascara off, and it hasn't broken me out at all. It absorbs quickly and does't feel heavy on your face (you really only need about 3 drops for your face). My only regret is that I didn't try this sooner instead of bombarding myself with all of these harmful chemicals. Best of all, there's no smell to it so, my skin loves it!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No