April 19, 2014 | 1642 users online

Top/Base Coats - Creative Nail Design - Stickey Base Coat

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2007 2:46:00 PM More reviews by wcw74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Stickey Base Coat is fantastic for my pedicures but horrid for my manicures. As with all the Creative products IME, the finish is a bit tacky and soft. Holds well for my pedicure for some reason though for my manicures I get that 1-2 mm tip wear by the next day which drives me nuts. Not good especially since I keep my nails short and usually only wear either vamps or reds. So I'll finish my bottle of Stickey but won't repurchase. The Nicole base coat that I used to use was the best for my manicures but unfortunately I can't find it anymore. The search continues...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2006 10:50:00 PM More reviews by shriekingviolet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great product! Would give it 4.5 lippies if I could. Makes most nail polishes, both cheap and expensive hold firm on my nails from 5-10 days. After 2-3 days I do see some minor (like < 1mm in size) wearing at the tips, but unlike with every other base/topcoat combo I've tried, that wearing never seems to contribute to larger chips or peeling. With this I can usually make a manicure last a week and still look decent when I take it off. Any time I get lazy and skip using this product I regret having done so the very next day. If only this kept my nail polish from wearing off at the tips, I'd give it a 5, but even without that strength this is a must-have product in my nail regiment!

UPDATE: After a few months of weekly usage I have noticed some of the nail (not polish, *nail*) peeling that a few of the other reviewers talked about. It was a bit distressing at first, but I tried putting on a nail strengthener underneath Stickey and that seems to fix it. The extra layer between my nail and Stickey, thankfully, doesn't weaken Stickey's effectiveness any, so I'm not marking down my previous rating. Obviously, I'd prefer a basecoat that did Stickey's job without the cost to my nails, but I can't find anything that works as well as it does, so I'm inclined to believe that's just the price you have to pay to keep a manicure looking nice for so long.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2006 11:17:00 PM More reviews by lil_faerie

Manicures and pedicures have lasted like crazy with this base coat. Oooh and also, my nails have not gotten stained once, even with reds and vamps. I like the sticky finish it leaves; polish adheres beautifully.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2006 3:39:00 AM More reviews by mochabear

ok i've used this item 2xs and already, i've decided that it's going up for swap. i just wasn't too impressed by it. i rather use my nailtiques nail protein as a base. didn't really notice a difference in wearibiliy of my nail polish. oh well.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2006 1:33:00 AM More reviews by Love8Brain

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Interesting! Every base I have tried has NOT lived up to this one. I have tried alot of expensive products. Tried this out of desperation as they changed my Holy Grail Colorstay Nail polish recently.

I'm so delighted. I swipe my clean nails with polish remover, and then apply this. Then two coats of ANY polish, esp the quick dry one and then the purple creative nail top coat and I have five solid days of wear! With the fast dry, I can get a perfect manicure that will last five days! And I can do that right before bed. No sheet marks in the AM. Have used alot of super cheap polish and I just haven't had problems since I started to use this stuff. I can't even explain how HAPPY I am with this product. It has opened up the possibilities contained in my rather massive nail polish collection. I can wear any color I want, any brand and this base keeps it on! SO happy!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2006 8:52:00 AM More reviews by KellyNC

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

So disappointed this doesn't adhere to nails like Orly Rubber Bonder. My manicure started to wear off tips by the next day, and I even used Opi pH bonder to prep nail before Stickey.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2006 5:02:00 PM More reviews by silkyskin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Best polish primre ever!! It makes my polish stay on longer, and it helps prevent polish from chipping. I can totally tell a difference when I don't use it, and this is something I will not go without. A manicure staple :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2006 1:08:00 AM More reviews by Elankat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My experience was the same as Randiu's. Using Stickey did not help my manicures last longer. I was using it with OPI, Essie or China Glaze polishes and Poshe or Revlon Colorstay top coat, so it wasn't an issue of the polish or top coat. In fact, I get better wear when I use Essie 3 Way Glaze as my base coat. Plus, I had the same issues with Stickey drying out my nails and causing polish to streak. My nails started peeling quite a bit more when I used Stickey. I swapped it away and went back to 3 Way Glaze.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2006 12:18:00 PM More reviews by randiu

Again, another okay product from CND. I don't really find it preserves the life of my manicures any better than other basecoats, and I also find it bit drying on my nails. Some colours seem to apply weird over it. They become streaky when they never were before and are more difficult to apply. It's not a bad product for a basecoat, but just not a HG (which I have yet to find for a basecoat). I used it for a few months, but don't really care for it anymore.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2006 2:06:00 PM More reviews by rachesi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is okay...I mean, it hasn't exactly prolonged the life of my manicure, but then again, it hasn't made it any worse. It dries quickly though, which is good. My biggest gripe with this is that it seems to make my natural nails weaker- they are peeling more than they used to. I wouldn't buy this again, I much prefer my OPI base coat, which is just as good but without the peeling.