Creative Nail Design Stickey Base Coat

4.3

Alcohol Denat., Ethyl Acetate, Heptane, Butyl Acetate, Polyvinyl Butyral, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Nitrocellulose, Tosylamide/Epoxy Resin, Ispropyl Alcohol, Benzophenone-1, CI 42090 (Blue 1), CI 47000 (Yellow 11), CI 60725 (Violet 2).

on 10/3/2007 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

A really nice product! Dries quickly and protects my nails from staining. It seems to extend the life of my pedicure. Good enough for me!

on 10/3/2007 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

It does what it says it does: It makes polish stick. Now, if it were ridge-filling AND sticky, then I would seek no more. But until then, this is my fave base coat.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love this product! I do Nailtek Foundation, then Stickey, 2 coats of polish, then Seche Vite top coat and my manicures last several days.

on 5/23/2007 2:54:00 AM

really seriously very very good basecoat. i do not have yellow stains on nails anymore. yipeeee!!!!! nail colour does not peel off and now my nail polish last more than one week. i change because i want to have a different colour on, not because it looks yucky LOL. will definitely buy again.

on 5/15/2007 12:20:00 AM

This is the best basecoat ever. I use this for pedicures. The last time I used this my pedi lasted for almost 2 weeks and I'm pretty sure it would have lasted longer if I didn't stub my door in the door. I haven't used it often enough to notice any peeling or dryness.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I used this for my pedicure, and it's now been almost two weeks with no chipping in sight. I think I'm going to have to remove the polish more because my nails are growing in than because of any chipping. I haven't used it long enough to tell if there is any drying like others have complained of, but so far I haven't had any problems. This stuff is amazing.

on 3/27/2007 2:20:00 PM

My holy grail basecoat. You should know I am NEVER without polish on my nails, and I'm strictly a red/dark polish gal. This is THE perfect primer for my polish. It is slicky tacky to the touch after you apply, but polish really adheres to it and stays on. It works equally well with salon-quality polishes as bargain finds, which I don't think you can say about all topcoats. I can get a full week out of my manicures when I use Stickey, and I honestly can't say that about any other topcoat I've used. The best!

on 1/14/2007 10:15:00 PM

This is the best base coat I have ever used. My manicurist uses it, and my nails come out looking professionally done and beautful, and lasts for a good five days. I found it at Ulta for less than the salon selling price. It does a great job and provides a great base for nail polish. I use Air Dry by Creative Nail Design for the top coat. Using both of these together make even cheap nail polish look professionally done.

on 1/12/2007 2:46:00 PM

Stickey Base Coat is fantastic for my pedicures but horrid for my manicures. As with all the Creative products IME, the finish is a bit tacky and soft. Holds well for my pedicure for some reason though for my manicures I get that 1-2 mm tip wear by the next day which drives me nuts. Not good especially since I keep my nails short and usually only wear either vamps or reds. So I'll finish my bottle of Stickey but won't repurchase. The Nicole base coat that I used to use was the best for my manicures but unfortunately I can't find it anymore. The search continues...

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Great product! Would give it 4.5 lippies if I could. Makes most nail polishes, both cheap and expensive hold firm on my nails from 5-10 days. After 2-3 days I do see some minor (like < 1mm in size) wearing at the tips, but unlike with every other base/topcoat combo I've tried, that wearing never seems to contribute to larger chips or peeling. With this I can usually make a manicure last a week and still look decent when I take it off. Any time I get lazy and skip using this product I regret having done so the very next day. If only this kept my nail polish from wearing off at the tips, I'd give it a 5, but even without that strength this is a must-have product in my nail regiment!

UPDATE: After a few months of weekly usage I have noticed some of the nail (not polish, *nail*) peeling that a few of the other reviewers talked about. It was a bit distressing at first, but I tried putting on a nail strengthener underneath Stickey and that seems to fix it. The extra layer between my nail and Stickey, thankfully, doesn't weaken Stickey's effectiveness any, so I'm not marking down my previous rating. Obviously, I'd prefer a basecoat that did Stickey's job without the cost to my nails, but I can't find anything that works as well as it does, so I'm inclined to believe that's just the price you have to pay to keep a manicure looking nice for so long.

Top Rated Creative Nail Design Products