October 1, 2014 | 1312 users online

Top/Base Coats - Creative Nail Design - Stickey Base Coat

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2007 2:57:00 PM More reviews by amber_nussbaum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this product! I do Nailtek Foundation, then Stickey, 2 coats of polish, then Seche Vite top coat and my manicures last several days.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2007 2:54:00 AM More reviews by poldanser

really seriously very very good basecoat. i do not have yellow stains on nails anymore. yipeeee!!!!! nail colour does not peel off and now my nail polish last more than one week. i change because i want to have a different colour on, not because it looks yucky LOL. will definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2007 12:20:00 AM More reviews by rel22

This is the best basecoat ever. I use this for pedicures. The last time I used this my pedi lasted for almost 2 weeks and I'm pretty sure it would have lasted longer if I didn't stub my door in the door. I haven't used it often enough to notice any peeling or dryness.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2007 2:28:00 PM More reviews by resipsaloquitur

I used this for my pedicure, and it's now been almost two weeks with no chipping in sight. I think I'm going to have to remove the polish more because my nails are growing in than because of any chipping. I haven't used it long enough to tell if there is any drying like others have complained of, but so far I haven't had any problems. This stuff is amazing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2007 2:20:00 PM More reviews by ooliedonna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My holy grail basecoat. You should know I am NEVER without polish on my nails, and I'm strictly a red/dark polish gal. This is THE perfect primer for my polish. It is slicky tacky to the touch after you apply, but polish really adheres to it and stays on. It works equally well with salon-quality polishes as bargain finds, which I don't think you can say about all topcoats. I can get a full week out of my manicures when I use Stickey, and I honestly can't say that about any other topcoat I've used. The best!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2007 10:15:00 PM More reviews by gienwong2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best base coat I have ever used. My manicurist uses it, and my nails come out looking professionally done and beautful, and lasts for a good five days. I found it at Ulta for less than the salon selling price. It does a great job and provides a great base for nail polish. I use Air Dry by Creative Nail Design for the top coat. Using both of these together make even cheap nail polish look professionally done.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2007 2:46:00 PM More reviews by wcw74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Stickey Base Coat is fantastic for my pedicures but horrid for my manicures. As with all the Creative products IME, the finish is a bit tacky and soft. Holds well for my pedicure for some reason though for my manicures I get that 1-2 mm tip wear by the next day which drives me nuts. Not good especially since I keep my nails short and usually only wear either vamps or reds. So I'll finish my bottle of Stickey but won't repurchase. The Nicole base coat that I used to use was the best for my manicures but unfortunately I can't find it anymore. The search continues...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2006 10:50:00 PM More reviews by shriekingviolet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great product! Would give it 4.5 lippies if I could. Makes most nail polishes, both cheap and expensive hold firm on my nails from 5-10 days. After 2-3 days I do see some minor (like < 1mm in size) wearing at the tips, but unlike with every other base/topcoat combo I've tried, that wearing never seems to contribute to larger chips or peeling. With this I can usually make a manicure last a week and still look decent when I take it off. Any time I get lazy and skip using this product I regret having done so the very next day. If only this kept my nail polish from wearing off at the tips, I'd give it a 5, but even without that strength this is a must-have product in my nail regiment!

UPDATE: After a few months of weekly usage I have noticed some of the nail (not polish, *nail*) peeling that a few of the other reviewers talked about. It was a bit distressing at first, but I tried putting on a nail strengthener underneath Stickey and that seems to fix it. The extra layer between my nail and Stickey, thankfully, doesn't weaken Stickey's effectiveness any, so I'm not marking down my previous rating. Obviously, I'd prefer a basecoat that did Stickey's job without the cost to my nails, but I can't find anything that works as well as it does, so I'm inclined to believe that's just the price you have to pay to keep a manicure looking nice for so long.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2006 11:17:00 PM More reviews by lil_faerie

Manicures and pedicures have lasted like crazy with this base coat. Oooh and also, my nails have not gotten stained once, even with reds and vamps. I like the sticky finish it leaves; polish adheres beautifully.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2006 3:39:00 AM More reviews by mochabear

ok i've used this item 2xs and already, i've decided that it's going up for swap. i just wasn't too impressed by it. i rather use my nailtiques nail protein as a base. didn't really notice a difference in wearibiliy of my nail polish. oh well.