July 28, 2014 | 1777 users online

Top/Base Coats - Creative Nail Design - Stickey Base Coat

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2007 2:28:00 PM More reviews by resipsaloquitur

I used this for my pedicure, and it's now been almost two weeks with no chipping in sight. I think I'm going to have to remove the polish more because my nails are growing in than because of any chipping. I haven't used it long enough to tell if there is any drying like others have complained of, but so far I haven't had any problems. This stuff is amazing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2007 2:20:00 PM More reviews by ooliedonna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My holy grail basecoat. You should know I am NEVER without polish on my nails, and I'm strictly a red/dark polish gal. This is THE perfect primer for my polish. It is slicky tacky to the touch after you apply, but polish really adheres to it and stays on. It works equally well with salon-quality polishes as bargain finds, which I don't think you can say about all topcoats. I can get a full week out of my manicures when I use Stickey, and I honestly can't say that about any other topcoat I've used. The best!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2007 10:15:00 PM More reviews by gienwong2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best base coat I have ever used. My manicurist uses it, and my nails come out looking professionally done and beautful, and lasts for a good five days. I found it at Ulta for less than the salon selling price. It does a great job and provides a great base for nail polish. I use Air Dry by Creative Nail Design for the top coat. Using both of these together make even cheap nail polish look professionally done.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2007 2:46:00 PM More reviews by wcw74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Stickey Base Coat is fantastic for my pedicures but horrid for my manicures. As with all the Creative products IME, the finish is a bit tacky and soft. Holds well for my pedicure for some reason though for my manicures I get that 1-2 mm tip wear by the next day which drives me nuts. Not good especially since I keep my nails short and usually only wear either vamps or reds. So I'll finish my bottle of Stickey but won't repurchase. The Nicole base coat that I used to use was the best for my manicures but unfortunately I can't find it anymore. The search continues...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2006 10:50:00 PM More reviews by shriekingviolet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great product! Would give it 4.5 lippies if I could. Makes most nail polishes, both cheap and expensive hold firm on my nails from 5-10 days. After 2-3 days I do see some minor (like < 1mm in size) wearing at the tips, but unlike with every other base/topcoat combo I've tried, that wearing never seems to contribute to larger chips or peeling. With this I can usually make a manicure last a week and still look decent when I take it off. Any time I get lazy and skip using this product I regret having done so the very next day. If only this kept my nail polish from wearing off at the tips, I'd give it a 5, but even without that strength this is a must-have product in my nail regiment!

UPDATE: After a few months of weekly usage I have noticed some of the nail (not polish, *nail*) peeling that a few of the other reviewers talked about. It was a bit distressing at first, but I tried putting on a nail strengthener underneath Stickey and that seems to fix it. The extra layer between my nail and Stickey, thankfully, doesn't weaken Stickey's effectiveness any, so I'm not marking down my previous rating. Obviously, I'd prefer a basecoat that did Stickey's job without the cost to my nails, but I can't find anything that works as well as it does, so I'm inclined to believe that's just the price you have to pay to keep a manicure looking nice for so long.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2006 11:17:00 PM More reviews by lil_faerie

Manicures and pedicures have lasted like crazy with this base coat. Oooh and also, my nails have not gotten stained once, even with reds and vamps. I like the sticky finish it leaves; polish adheres beautifully.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2006 3:39:00 AM More reviews by mochabear

ok i've used this item 2xs and already, i've decided that it's going up for swap. i just wasn't too impressed by it. i rather use my nailtiques nail protein as a base. didn't really notice a difference in wearibiliy of my nail polish. oh well.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2006 1:33:00 AM More reviews by Love8Brain

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Interesting! Every base I have tried has NOT lived up to this one. I have tried alot of expensive products. Tried this out of desperation as they changed my Holy Grail Colorstay Nail polish recently.

I'm so delighted. I swipe my clean nails with polish remover, and then apply this. Then two coats of ANY polish, esp the quick dry one and then the purple creative nail top coat and I have five solid days of wear! With the fast dry, I can get a perfect manicure that will last five days! And I can do that right before bed. No sheet marks in the AM. Have used alot of super cheap polish and I just haven't had problems since I started to use this stuff. I can't even explain how HAPPY I am with this product. It has opened up the possibilities contained in my rather massive nail polish collection. I can wear any color I want, any brand and this base keeps it on! SO happy!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2006 8:52:00 AM More reviews by KellyNC

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

So disappointed this doesn't adhere to nails like Orly Rubber Bonder. My manicure started to wear off tips by the next day, and I even used Opi pH bonder to prep nail before Stickey.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2006 5:02:00 PM More reviews by silkyskin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Best polish primre ever!! It makes my polish stay on longer, and it helps prevent polish from chipping. I can totally tell a difference when I don't use it, and this is something I will not go without. A manicure staple :)