April 21, 2014 | 1355 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in Syrup

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2010 12:44:00 AM More reviews by mrlincoln

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Playing around with the Lustre's I came across this beauty. The SA sanitized it for me and it was love at first swipe. When I say I love something, it has to not only be a natural pretty shade, but the texture has to be perfect. I don't like matte, satin or glosses. I like a balmy texture with color pay off. BINGO! we have a winner.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2010 12:48:00 AM More reviews by Elizabby

Me: NW20, dark brown hair and eyes. Lipstick: the perfect MLBB! This is a lovely smooth lipstick that makes my lips look exactly what I've always wished for! It is slight pinker and creamier than my natural lip colour and evens out the pigmentation perfectly. This is one of the few lipsticks from MAC that is cool enough for my complexion - I find that many (most) MAC lipsticks pull a bit too yellow/orange/warm on me.

I would wear this every day - except that I found a cheaper dupe! I'm now wearing Maybelline's ColorSensational "Warm Me Up" which is exactly the same colour, only not quite so glossy on. With a clear gloss or balm on top it would be exactly the same! So now I'm going to buy that one from now on. (The wear is exactly the same - both coming off on my drink bottle equally fast...)

But if I hadn't found the dupe, then yes, I would keep buying this one.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2010 2:47:00 AM More reviews by sfgal2009

Love this lipstick. It brings out the best in my fair, ever so slight olive skin (NC30). I have a friend who intro'ed it to me, however, who is Sicilian and has very olive skin and it looks great on her too. It has a slight violet undertone but it looks natural and elegant at the same time. Not overdone, but it makes me look awake. :) I use it in the morning as my HG lipstick over lip conditioner and I use it to go out at night under MAC glass or another pinkish gloss.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2010 6:56:00 PM More reviews by xxaceswildxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my go to lip color. I can wear this to work or out at night. Not too bright, but not too sheer. I have a lot of trouble finding lipstick that I really like that works for me, but this is it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2010 4:32:00 PM More reviews by cew1114

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the first Mac lipstick I ever bought and I am in love with it!!!!! It looks so dark in the tube, but it is actually a very reasonable color. It is also kind of shiny- so it looks like you have a clear gloss on under it. I think that's because its a lustre. I think this color would look good on anyone, because it is very buildable. Thanks for reading!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2010 4:03:00 PM More reviews by mommygirl5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

it's not a bad color. i got this as part of the BAC to MAC program. a nice neutral...but i think there are better colors out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2010 3:56:00 PM More reviews by kvmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the lipstick I wear most days to work. It's pigmented enough to cover my lips, which are quite pigmented and a yellowy red.

The colour is not 'nude' on me - in daylight it's quite mauve-ish, almost lilac-y, but it's a very subtle and neutral colour.

The finish of this is lovely - it feels glossy and moisturising, and it doesn't highlight or pick up dry areas of my lips.

I will definitely buy this again - mine has gone all squished and strange and is nearly finished after so much wear.

Verdict? Not a must-have, or a standout from the permanent collection, but a lovely lipstick to have in your neutral collection.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2010 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Helenaray

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am NC25 and my lips are not very pigmented.
I saw a friend using it and she looked so pretty so I asked her what she was wearing. She told me she was wearing . Her skin is very fair and her lips are naturally purple+red. She looked very beautiful at that time, but I did not look good on me.

Later, I bought Laura Mercier, lipstick gloss and this is much better.

Syrup is a great product but it was not for me. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2010 10:54:00 AM More reviews by botitas1977

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I just bought this lipstick and my non makeup loving husband actually said this looked nice. He said it looks like my natural lip color. I am an nc40-nc42 and this is the perfect NUDE LIKE shade for me with just the tiniest bit of color to it. I always thought a really nude lip looks weird.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2010 10:33:00 AM More reviews by ScarlettBegonias

I am NC20 and this stuff is the perfect shade for me. I was looking for something to add just a little pigment to my lips and this does the trick. It brightens up my face and makes me look healthy and alive! There isn't a whole lot of color to it so don't expect something overwhelming. The color does build well with layering. This is perfect for the lipstick shy girl (like myself) My only gripe is it's a tad drying.