October 25, 2014 | 1713 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Liquid Eyeliner - Black

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

EDIT: I guess I was kind of rushing when I got to reviewing this eyeliner. I was using it for the first time back in the winter, and after several uses, I really liked it. It had great pigmentation, versatility and staying power, and it seemed like an amazing steal. Well, I was wrong. First off, the pros of this eyeliner. I liked it for its color, longevity, and how easy if was to create various styles with it. Also, the price was a dream. $1 eyeliner that works well?? Yes, please!! However, as I got around to using it more and more, it started to fail me. My biggest issue that I started having was the pigmentation. It definitely got more diluted- the color was not showing up as well over my eye makeup, and it looked more like a trail of black-ish chemicals than solid eyeliner. Also, it began to act weirdly on my eyelid. By that I mean it literally would not go on. I was really disappointed there. I still had good luck with the wear and its brush- it has a really nice, small brush ideal for all kinds of looks. It was really disappointing to have to throw this eyeliner away, but it just didn't perform in the long run.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2013 9:44:00 PM More reviews by alg208

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

i love this liquid eyeliner. probably one of my favorites, though i don't wear eyeliner on a daily basis. i love how cheap this is! the color pay-off i think is decent. the bad thing is though, it is so watery. when you put it on beware blinking it may travel. and the brush is soo flimsy. but i like how the brush is thin because you can always build it up, which i like and i like thin lines. overall, i love this product, i'd recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2013 6:00:00 PM More reviews by Amberleeann

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have this product in black, I had not use liquid eyeliner before and I have to say this is cheap, but it gets the job done. I do not use the wand they give you, I use my own eyeliner brush and that works for me everytime. It doesn't smudge easy and it dries decently fast and best of all I see it lasts all day.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2013 9:21:00 AM More reviews by PinupMommy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Dried out only after one use. The tip is terrible.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2013 5:47:00 AM More reviews by sarbear90210

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

There are not enough words to describe how much I hate this product. I have tried out many eyeliners in my search for an amazing one and I figured, it's only a dollar what is there to lose? Well let me tell you that this is honestly the WORST eyeliner on the market. It's watery and there is almost no colour when you get it out and onto your lid. The tip is terrible, it's flimsy and uncontrollable. Trying to get this stuff off is a nightmare. I got the normal one, not the waterproof one and I still struggle to get it off every time. DO NOT waste even a dollar on this product, it's terrible. Spend a couple extra dollars to get something of quality because this product definitely is not it

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by JustMeErika21

I really enjoy this eyeliner. It goes on quick and easy. The down side is it is quite watery so you have to be careful. For only $1 it's really a great product!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2013 11:25:00 PM More reviews by luverchick

for a dollar it is not bad at all...i dont use eyeliner everyday so it doesnt bother me that sometimes it can be stricky and you have to reapply more than once to get that perfect dark daaaaaark line

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Sooee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros: cheap ($1.00); brush is thin and handle is long allowing good application
Cons: the formula is incredibly watery, so you need to take care to wipe the brush on the edges before applying. This formula takes awhile to dry. Beware if you blink; it will travel.

Once I figured out the trick to using this eyeliner, (wipe off the brush so very little is on it) my eyeliner looked great! BUT I want to explore other options, and I liked the waterproof eyeliner pen by e.l.f. better, and already like the Revlon Color Stay Liquid Eyeliner pen better than the e.l.f. eyeliner pen, so I probably am going to try my options. I do have the Revlon Color Stay Liquid Liner (brush) in my drawer waiting for the e.l.f. eyeliner to run out, so as you can see, moving on to other things to see what works best. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2013 4:39:00 PM More reviews by englande

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am not the best at putting on liquid liners and I prefer pencil, but this was the worst for liner I've ever used. I can't complain about the price and what do you expect? When it comes to makeup, I've found that you really do get what you pay for, with a few good value products here and there. The brush is very thin. I think an angled brush would be easier. The formula is very thin and difficult to apply swiftly and smoothly. It didn't stay on very long. After a few hours it was flaking off. Tacky! However, I did find it useful with embellishing the drama of false lashes! I will not be buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2013 1:48:00 PM More reviews by annoasis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my 'go to eyeliner'... Usually my problem purchasing other liquid eyeliners are the brushes...The brush on this is nice and thin allowing you to create any look...I prefer just a very thin line to line my eyes and this liner is perfect. It's cheap and it's very pigmented. The only con would be that although I can wear mine and it won't come off, it comes off easily when wet. But I would highly recomment this product!