August 20, 2014 | 1293 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose Drama

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2012 6:39:00 PM More reviews by bleuday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Was not expecting to love this mascara. Thought it would be a return.

I am looking at my lashes about 10 hours after applying, and they are still .... LONG, defined, curled, full, soft, no smudging, no flaking .... in short, just about everything you could want from a great mascara.

LOVE this stuff. I guess for some people the brush may seem "tricky," seems pretty intuitive to me. What I love most about this particular formula is that I get incredible length, definition, nearly a false eyelash look, and it holds the curl better than anything I have put on my eyes in a long time.

Curl. Apply a few coats. Go finish hair or whatever, and curl again.

Lashes are set for at least ten hours, if not longer.

Definite repurchase. Cheaper than Oscillation ....holds the curl better than Faux Cils, and while the over all "DRAMA" isn't quite as much as either Faux Cils or Oscillation, the amount of definition and the curl holding factor make this my current go to for daytime wear mascara. Oh yeah. Loving it.

ETA: This won has one me over. Completely become my go-to mascara. I use the Oscillation primer underneath for one of the best looks I have ever achieved with a mascara. Previous go-to's include, Diorshow Original, Faux Cils, and Oscillation. This one is a winner.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2012 10:58:00 PM More reviews by jessikaleigh20

Not sure why the rating for this is so low! I love this mascara! It makes my lashes look super thick and long. Love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2012 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Anna7

Horrible. I was so excited to try it when I got it as a 100-point item from Sephora, because Lancome is supposed to make great mascaras, but this thing just plain sucks. You can't put it on without major clumps, it makes my lashes stick together like there's no tomorrow and, to make it worse (if at all possible) it crumbles after a few hours so my face gets all covered in little black spots. It ended up in the trash can, and not a day too soon.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2012 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Vlayra

I don't like this at all. It irritates my eyes and leaves black flakes under my eyes and face a few hours later. Don't recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by mu_atalltimes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

Have used this since it came out. I have tried all the so called "best", Dior, YSL, etc. this one puts them to shame in my opinion. I don't know how some people apply it, but I use two coats and have absolutely no flakes. I like the brush shape also, perfectly curves to my eye lid shape. My lashes look long, thick and dark. Doesn't clump any more than other high end mascara's. If you have no patience and must apply layers upon layers before the first one dries, (about 30 seconds) then don't use this mascara. I do not use this on my bottom lashes, I use precious cells on those as it is a thinner formula.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2012 6:54:00 PM More reviews by perfectionism

I love the sleek luxurious packaging of this mascara and the dark black color. There's a bit of a learning curve with the s-shaped brush but some practice it's great for getting both volume and length. It might weigh down my fine Asian lashes just by a little (I curl mine before applying with a shu) but not significantly enough for me to dock off points.

Girls who love definition may this to be a bit clumpy but I didn't notice any problems until the tube began to dry up a little. I didn't use a lash comb after application. Hypnose Drama would be 5/5 for me if only it didn't smudge! Most mascaras do smudge on me though. I did try these with different primers and still loved the look otherwise.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2012 11:20:00 AM More reviews by NerdyLibrarianGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Sensitive? Stay away! I got this as a Sephora sample and took it traveling with me because of the smaller size. I used it for 3 days, as I didn't have any other mascara with me. It's got a ton of fragrance added! Why you would add fragrance to mascara is beyond me. It made my eyes water and itch all day. On the third day, I just threw it in the garbage.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2012 9:04:00 PM More reviews by SHEMP1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my very favorite mascaras. I really love it! Only con? I would suggest the waterproof, b/c it does smudge a little after a couple hours.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 4:19:00 PM More reviews by sarahmarie86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Absolutely HORRIBLE. The brush is the most useless shape, and it smells awful. Do not waste your money! I wish I wouldn't have :(

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2012 8:00:00 AM More reviews by Beautyfeind7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This masara is my new favourite! I tried a tester of it and within 3 coats it made my lashes considerably longer.The only bad thing about it, is the price!