April 23, 2014 | 1980 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose Drama

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2012 6:45:00 PM More reviews by SanDiegoAli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this mascara, but just *couldn't*. I was very impressed the very first time I used it, but since then it's been nothing but clump city. It does stay put through out the day (no raccoon eyes), but unless I brush through my lashes after wearing it, it is just way too clumpy for. I even tried wiping off the brush hoping that would help, but no luck! Definitely not a re-purchase item for me.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2012 6:17:00 PM More reviews by ymoreno98

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

First of all let me tell you guys about my lashes; I have what they call "asian lashes" even though I'm not asian, they are thin, short, and super straight, which sucks:( I've being on the hunt for the perfect mascara since I started using makeup and have tried quite a variety of drug store brands. Until this morning my favorite used to be Falsies, from Maybelline, but not anymore. I bought Lancome Hypnose Drama, the waterproof version of it, with not a lot of hope because of my disappointing experience with Opulash from MAC, but I decided to give this mascara a try and believe me I do not regret if. This mascara works wonders for me, it gives volume and length to my lashes, plus is able to hold my curl even after a work-out session, this is more than I expected! Some people might think is a bit pricey, $26 plus tax for .22 oz, but for someone like me who would spend $16 plus tax on a lash primer plus another $10-$16 plus tax on mascara to get just the length and the volume, this mascara is a steal. I would seriously recommend this to everyone with thin, short and straight lashes, you won't regret it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2012 11:33:00 AM More reviews by lechickpea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I guess I differ from the crowd- I think this is an above average mascara. It's very dark and black, doesn't smudge or budge,but comes off easily with my oil cleanser at night. The wand comes out with a *lot* of product, so I generally have to clean off the little glob that is on the end of the wand before using. Other than that, I find this to create nice dramatic lashes- I like the length and volume it gives me, and I don't find it to be especially clumpy as some other reviewers seem to think. Overall though- I don't think that mascara is something you need to pay high end prices on, these days there are equally wonderful mascaras at the drugstore that do the job just as well.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2012 4:18:00 PM More reviews by geekinpink

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pros: This stays PUT. I put it on top and bottom lashes and it lasts until I take it off. It lasts through my lunch time spin classes on a work day. Does a good job lengthening.
Cons: the clumps and lumps. My lashes clump together for the spider look. I have to pick out clumps before it dries.
Once I deal with the clumps, I am kinda happy with the look this gives me. However I'm bordering on spider eyes and for the cost, there must be something better out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2012 5:24:00 PM More reviews by mbcccix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This review is about the Lancome Hypnose Drama Waterproof Mascara. I am infatuated with this mascara and is currently my HG mascara! I am Asian, therefore my eyelashes are stick straight and short. The Lancome Hypnose Drama WP mascara really pumps up the drama for me.

The product is a wet which provides build-ability. A couple coats of this and its almost like you're wearing false lashes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2012 3:04:00 PM More reviews by misanders

There's good and bad with this mascara, but I probably won't buy it again. Pros- Very black, keeps lashes curled, did not smudge or flake. Cons- So thick I spend 5 minutes wiping off brush before applying, even wiping it off I end up with clumps on my lashes, have to use a lash comb or lashes look gross, and the brush shape is uncomfortable to apply. My lashes are long and thin and this mascara is just to thick and made my lashes look even thinner. Probably great for someone who has thick lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2012 1:05:00 PM More reviews by samanthadam

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite mascara. Ever. I've bought it around 4 times, and the good thing is that it isn't as expensive as before. It gives the whole "spider lashes" look without it being too scary or overdone. It doesn't separate the lashes it gives them full equal effect with only 2-3 coats. I wear it everyday and usually last 3 months with it, so the amount of product is fair. The wand is my favorite, it has a form curve to it, easy to handle and gives you total control. I've never experienced any smudges, nor flakes after a couple of hours. It is also not that difficult to remove, and the smell isn't as strong as others. Overall, perfect to me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2012 12:53:00 AM More reviews by kawanii

Gave me a dolly-look effect but it smudged by mid-day. The cone-brush is a plus because it makes application so easy and effortless! I haven't tried Lancome's original Hypnose mascara but I like this one for the thin consistency formula. It does not feel heavy at all and I can apply 2-3 coats without getting spider legs! But smudging is the only problem for me so...=[

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2012 11:02:00 PM More reviews by MissJenifer

As soon as this came out - I had to try it! I had always been a Diorshow blackout fan but I wanted to try something new. I started using this mascara and I have to say - overall I really love it! Pros - it really defines the lashes and definitely gives them drama. I love really black really dramatic eye makeup - so this is definitely for you if you're the same. The brush has a great curve on it that catches your lashes and really gives them volume.

The cons - I find that this formula dries out really quickly. I wasn't sure when I bought it the first time if maybe it was just that tube - but I've since bought about 4 tubes in total and I've found the same with all of them. When I say really quickly I mean less than 2 months - If you wear mascara every day it probably will be fine - I try not to wear it everyday because I find that it damages my lashes when I wear mascara too often. So for me - I would like a mascara that lasts 3 -4 months - I also find that applying more than 1-2 coats you definitely end up with spider lashes - and that drives me crazy - but that being said I just apply 1-2 coats and use a clean wand a few times and it's usually fine. Even with those two issues I really really love this mascara - Everytime I wear it I get complimented on my eyelashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2012 11:26:00 AM More reviews by Avril14th

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great mascara. Gives volume and length that does not smudge or flake. One of the best mascara's out there. Better than Diorshow in my opinion because I feel like I have to work at building Diorshow and Hynose works in just a few swipes.