November 28, 2014 | 1653 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Too Faced - Primed & Poreless Skin Smoothing Face Primer

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2012 1:48:00 AM More reviews by glamglamglam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I used this for close to two months, and I really liked it to help cover my pores. Unfortunately, it made my already oily skin super super oily, to the point where I bot billions of blotting powder and spent money on oil control things. When I ran out, I used it as an excuse to look for another primer, and actually started using Clinique Instant Pore Minimzer. I had tried it before, but didn't like it much. My skin texture has gotten a lot better, and this time it actually worked for me. I didn't realize until I used the Clinique how oily the Too Faced made me. It's kind of sad, because it is very smoothing (more so than the Clinique), but pore control is pretty similar (my sister actually said the Clinique blurs my pores more), and the Clinque controls oil much much better. I'm actually a little upset because I bought so many products for oily skin that made my face dry and powdery, when I could have found my HG foundation long ago and saved some money. Will not be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2012 4:44:00 PM More reviews by diamondtiara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I tried this for about six weeks before I gave up. The reviews here on MUA were mixed, but a Sephora SA recommended this to me, after I told her I had redness from my rosacea. She told me that Primed and Poreless promises to soothe and even out skin tone, and they she herself loves the way it reduces her redness. I was very excited to try this product. Ultimately, I took it back and now I'm still on the hunt for a good primer.

The good:

-- It is smoothing when you put it on.
-- It didn't break me out or clog my pores, as so many products do. (Fussy skin!)
-- A little does seem to go a long way.

The bad:

-- It did NOTHING, and I do mean nothing, to combat or control my redness. Every time I put it on, I would wait to see some difference. Once in a while, I would actually feel like it increased redness, at least temporarily.
-- The tube doesn't feel very full. For $30, you should get way more product than 3/4 a tube!
-- After the second or third time I used it, I noticed that teeny little... pills of STUFF were gathering around my chin and jawline after I put on my liquid foundation. A different Sephora SA told me that that is common when you put on a lot of product, which I do not. I think this weird effect occurred because my skin is dry. I have a great hydrating moisturizer and a good serum, and I've never had this issue with any other primer, so I feel it's the TF product itself.
-- At the end of the day, this did nothing to improve the look of my makeup, or increase the longevity. I had many days in between uses where I'd skip this primer, and I felt my foundation (DiorSkin Forever) lasted just as long.

Obviously, I would not repurchase. My primer search continues, much to my frustration. I'm planning on taking Lisa Eldridge's suggestion and using La Roche-Posay's Cicaplast next..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2012 6:24:00 PM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

almost done with a tube of this...does the job but I bet there are a lot out there that do not...this feels less slick than the smash box primer to me, and that could be a plus for some people...I simply use this to keep my skin more even and to prevent direct contact with makeup...I find my skin to be less irritated when I use primer...I am leaning toward buying this again over others, tho the price is steep

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2012 5:51:00 PM More reviews by Olive143

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A super helpful SA at Sephora gave me a sample of this. The pores on my cheeks seem very visible even after putting my BE primer. So it was time to switch. The application of my blush lately has been patchy too. Needless to say not a good combo! I needed a good primer that minimizes pores. I love the results after applying this! Not only does my makeup stay on all day but no more pores!! You have to look very closely to see the tiniest amount. My blush is looking pretty nice too! The ingredient list justifies the $30 IMO (Retinol, Vitamin A,C,E). Me happy.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2012 7:05:00 PM More reviews by nkar23

This did nothing out of the ordinary for me. I was in Sephora yesterday and the girl gave me a sample. I am so glad I didn't buy this because it did nothing. Even she couldnt tell me any definitive difference between this and the Sephora brand primer, which I ended up purchasing. I have tried the Sephora brand primer and loved it. Didn't break me out, was smooth and kept my makeup on all day.
I am so weary of products that claim to shrink pores or whatever, because it is all temporary if it even works at all. Would not recommend or purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2012 7:39:00 AM More reviews by darkangelslave

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Bought this on a whim at my Myer city store. Went in to look at some Bobbi brown foundation (and wasn't impressed) so I was walking around and stumbled upon the too faced counter. The lady was so lovely and offered to do my foundation etc for me. She used this primer on me under the flawless face foundation and I fell in love at first sight! My skin looked so smooth, so gorgeous! Not to mention 6 hours later and after a sweaty 8 km run my skin still looked as fresh and as gorgeous as it did when she applied it :-) was also impressed with the results when I applied it the next day (I bought the primer, foundation and powder)

Best primer I have ever tried, even sad it beats my guerlain meteorites primer!!! But I love it! Will definately be buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2012 4:59:00 AM More reviews by nukacola

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a mini version of this in the Look Of Love set. I've always been intrigued by primers, but the one I tried before this one didn't seem to do anything and just felt like grease on my skin.
This one, however, is a totally different story. It feels like velvet on your skin! I also like the fact it has a slight tint to it which helps to even out my skintone before I even put any foundation on. On good skin days, I could easily wear this alone.
This is one of the only products I've used that lives up to its name - it drastically reduces the large pores on my cheeks and made the sebaceous filaments on my nose much less noticeable. It also mattifys the skin which is important to me as I have an oily t-zone. It definitely makes my makeup go on smoother - this and ELDW make my skin look flawless!
I will definitely be purchasing the full size version of this product. Definitely HG material for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2012 12:12:00 PM More reviews by Jellyblob

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Primed and Poreless evens out my skin (I am a NW 20) and gives it a velvety matte finish (I wouldnt say poreless but it definitely minimises them). Makeup stays put all day without oxidizing or fading. And if I pair it with the Primed and Poreless powder, it keeps the oilies at bay and my face flawless all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2012 4:48:00 PM More reviews by sarahalthea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this primer. It keeps my makeup on all day, smooths and improves texture, and doesn't hurt my skin. It does have retinol in it, so make sure you wear a sunscreen with it (my foundation has one already).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2012 12:41:00 PM More reviews by candace4125

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried several primers (Lorac, MAC, Laura Mercier, and Smashbox) which have all left my face feeling greasy resulting in breakouts, but not with this primer! This primer goes on more like a lightweight serum with a satiny texture, but it does not leave my skin greasy at all. This primer really does make my skin look better and help my makeup look smoother. I have gotten several compliments on how flawless my face looks after using this! Yay.