MAC Frost - Amber Lights

4.3

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Silica, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Red 40 Lake, Ultramarines, Yellow 5 Lake]

on 5/12/2010 2:18:00 AM

Got this shadow in a swap and I'm so glad I have it! I am a warm-toned colour magnet. It's the perfect gold for summertime! It's very pigmented and blendable. Love this shadow!

on 4/18/2010 5:37:00 PM

I'm not sure I'm entirely sold on this color yet. I went to mac wanting to get woodwink, but they didn't have it in the pan (which is what I wanted since I was making my own palette) and the woman who was helping me told me that this color was close to it--not sure about that but oh well. I do like it, and it looks really good with mac eyeshadow sketch (which is a purpleish color and amber lights is a bit orange so those two work well together). I said I would repurchse it again, and I think I would. It is a pretty color, it's just hard to use it and other colors. But it's very brightening--I prefer to use it on my inner eyelids and inner corner of my eye, rather than all over the eyelid--I think it's a bit intense for an all over color. I'm going to keep experiementing with it though and see what kind of looks I can come up with.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Amber Lights is a very orange-based gold color that's a frost finish, so it has shimmer in it. This one in particular has a lot of frosty-ness to it though as opposed to some of the other frosts, such as Satin Taupe (<3). It's very pretty though and it would look great on anyone with blue eyes because of the coolness of the color. It's very pigmented so a very light wash over your eye would be perfect. It's also a very pretty crease color.

on 4/14/2010 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Love this color. Its my HG bronze....HIP has a really good dupe, but I love this color.

on 4/14/2010 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

great eyeshadow. This seems to me like a lighter version of bronzed. This looks good with lots of mascara. I find it a little too red so i mix this with embark and it makes bronzed. I also have brozed so this was kind of a waste of money.

on 4/13/2010 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

LOVE this eye shadow. A must have in any collection. I love to wear it with Brown Script e/s.

on 4/12/2010 6:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This color isn't very original and you could probably find a dupe for a cheaper price. It's coppery tan color. But the wonderful thing about this eyeshadow is it's texture. It applies so smoothly and blends so well. I'm not partial to browns or tans so I don't use it much.

Okay, this looks gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous on my blue-green eyes. Honestly the color just makes them pop and the pigmentation and consistency, as always, are unsurpassed. So smooth, creamy and lastsssss..... staying power is fantastic.

That being said.... if you are looking for this color for originality, I think it is quite dupeable, quite frankly. No you are not going to get the quality of MAC but if you're just looking for this color, I have found it in Cover Girl' Golden Sunrise single eyeshadow. I'm an eyeshadow snob most days, but I thought it quite fishy when I received this in the mail and realized that I have seen this color before. I swatched both, along with Urban Decay's Baked [camera's dead, can't put it on here :(] Baked was obviously different but Amber Lights and Golden Sunrise looked eerily similar. That being said, It took me longer to get Golden Sunrise to come out to the same color and pigmentation as AL and if you stare at it long enough, GS is slightlyyyy more orange and AL is slightlyyyy darker... My mother looked at the swatches and agreed that AL is definitely more pigmented however. Honestly, I'm a quality seeker but if you're looking for this COLOR on a limited budget, look into the CoverGirl line. Me personally, I'm a MAC girl through and through.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this shadow when i was looking for a gold. I choose between Gorgeous Gold or Amber Lights and decided on Amber Lights because Amber is my sister's name.

However, i ended up purchasing Gorgeous Gold and Gold Mine soon after because this shadow didn't really work for me. It was too metal looking and looked like foiling even though i don't use water with it.

Nevertheless it is a great neutral gold but with MAC you don't have to settle for anything but the best with the large colour selection and the many golds to choose from so i would not purchase again.

on 2/22/2010 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This was one of my first MAC e/s purchases and I still love it. Hands down, one of the best golden shadows out there. Very pigmented and long lasting. A staple in my collection. I see this shade complimenting all skin tones.

Top Rated MAC Products