April 16, 2014 | 1932 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2013 8:28:00 AM More reviews by agnessman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I quite like this fdt, it provides medium cover but still manages to feel light on the skin. However, I'd like to complain abt the packaging, I don't get it why it doesn't come with a pump? Even tho u can buy the pump separately I think such price tag shd include the pump! I wouldn't repurchase it if I used it up, cuz I think there r many alternatives fdt in the mkt, eg my fav drugstore one: bourjois healthy mix..etc

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/3/2013 7:25:00 AM More reviews by sasflipper

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Gobi is a fantastic match. I find it almost impossible to find a fair yellow foundation. Most fairs are pink and look horribly orange on my skin. However, it wears patchy and unfortunately broke me out in nasty pus spots. Normally if something disagrees with me, I get little white bumps under the skin as a first warning and can usually get away without full scale issues if I discontinue use immediately and go back to a powder mineral foundation. Two days of Nars sheer glow and my skin's a mess. I even have spots on my neck! Damn!

Very disappointed as we can't return items in the UK and I already have a graveyard of expensive foundations in my makeup to chuck out. Grrrrrhhh.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If your skin is rough and you need a beautiful finish, this is for you ladies!

I think this is better than Armani Luminous Silk as someone else wrote and the staying power is great. It isn't very expensive and you only need 1-2 shades to get the right look :)

Will buy again in the future.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is definitely one of my HG's!

This stuff is great. It is hard to find something that works well for my skin (and other friends who have extremely fair skin love it too).

I purchased this in Siberia, and it's the perfect shade for me It applies like a dream, provides great coverage, and feels like you're wearing nothing!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2013 10:55:00 PM More reviews by Clsears89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After trying multiple foundtions over the years I always seem to find myself coming back to this one. Nars sheer glow lives up to its name.. its a sheer but buildable foundation that gives you a lovely dewy NOT oily looking glow. It has light to medium coverage but it is definately buildable.
I find this foundation is so easy to blend and almost melts into your skin leaving the finish looking very natural. I have never had any problems with breakouts using this foundation and actually find it keeps my skin very moisurised and protected throughout the day.

There are however a few downfalls to the foundation. Number one being the cost. At around 70 dollars a bottle (in AUS) its extremely expensive to be wearing day in day out. Secondly its not a long wearing foundation. After around 5 hours I find myself starting to look a little blotchy.

All in all this is a great foundation and I havent found anything Id replace it with after years of searching for a cheaper alternative.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by takenu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

If you have very yellow undertones, I strongly suggest you check out this line. I have really really yellow undertones so I never found something that quite matched my skin and didn't end up looking orange on me. This was the first foundation I tried that actually matched me. Thank you to the people on the makeup board who recommended it!

A little bit goes a long way and it just makes me look really flawless. If you have a pimple or dark circles, you're going to still need some concealer but this really does a good job making your skin overall look gorgeous. I feel like it really does give me a 'glow'. It's pretty moisturizing. I would say it gives a medium amount of coverage, I don't think it is sheer but it definitely looks very natural. If I wear noticeable makeup it looks weird on me i need something that looks natural and this definitely fit the bill.

I use a beauty blender with this because i feel like i use less product that way (but when i applied it with my fingers it looked good too). I use less than a pea sized amount on my face. It is pricey, but I know it will last me a very long time. I would definitely repurchase though when i do run out!

I sometimes have acne on my cheeks but i haven't noticed this making any noticeable difference (either making it better or worse).

The only thing i dont like about this is that i wish there was already a pump on it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/26/2013 6:18:00 AM More reviews by CPyl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am quite disappointed with this foundation. I had high hopes about it but it didn't work for me. No matter how I apply it and how much I blend, I can't get it to look natural. It always looks kind of cakey and obvious in daylight.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by Saimiri923

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm about to buy my 3rd bottle of this, definitely my HG foundation! I love the formula and the coverage, and it's the best color match I've found. I'm NW 15-20 and I wear Mont Blanc. I find it blends really well and gives my skin a beautiful satin finish, that isn't too dewy or too matte. I have dry skin but I never see any flakiness or build up anywhere with this since it's very easy to sheer out. It still has medium-ish coverage without looking heavy, so it neutralizes the extra pink I have in my skin without making me look like a corpse. I love the combination of coverage and a natural finish, and since I started wearing this I have gotten so many compliments on my SKIN, not my MAKEUP, which I think is a good sign!

It's super pricey, but I don't use much and one bottle lasts 6-7 months with daily use. And every day that I wear it, I LOVE it, so I know each bottle is going to get used up completely and I enjoy wearing it every day! Worth it!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2013 10:48:00 AM More reviews by KelSlo

This foundation has made life so much easier for me! I am extremely picky about foundation, especially because I'm knocking on 40's door,I have to be extra aware of the texture of my skin with makeup on. On to the Nars,I had no plan to use this, I went to sephora to do the Color IQ scan and we decided on 3 to try,the Nars was the first and the best,even the swatch looked amazing! The girl did my whole face,and even she was like whoa. This was a big step for me as it is not what I usually use, I usually go for matte and there was a matte version of this bit the sales girl really thought I would be ok with this version ( I have combo skin that gets crazy in summer/winter) I am so glad I purchased this,it's a medium slightly buildable liquid,I build it up more under my eyes to skip concealer,it makes skin look BEAUTIFUL not masky,not heavy... The first day I wore this I got comments on my skin! My skin! Not makeup!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by AnythingVanilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG foundation! Natural glow, full coverage, great color selection, doesn't break me out, lasts all day on me and doesn't make me feel more oily like other foundations do. Just in love!