November 22, 2014 | 1735 users online

Powder - Clinique - Superbalanced powder makeup (spf 15) [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2009 10:57:00 PM More reviews by patriciascot

I've never before used Clinique but have been reading about this product and decided to try it in #4 natural. I've been looking for a mineral makeup that doesn't have a sheen when applied and this is it! I am soooooo pleased with this makeup. My skin looks amazing. It beats Smashbox Halo, hands down and bare minerals can't touch it. I loved the packaging and the grinder. The brush however is not much use in my opinion and is too scratchy. My search for a mineral makeup that looks natural has come to an end. This is my HG.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2009 2:03:00 PM More reviews by georton

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This worked really well for me. Got the #2 neutral. It leaves a very soft-focused, (not powdery), look with no shine and didn't settle into my pores at all. I found the enclosed brush a little scratchy..will use something softer ..but overall does everything I want a foundation to do for me. Edit: 12-5-09 Trying not to use powder foundation as much..think it makes me look drier, but I do like the convenience. Changing to MAC face and body for now.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2009 6:59:00 PM More reviews by dolphinmama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Today is the first day of using this makeup, so I may have to add a update later. So far so good, it didn't make my skin itch like many other mineral foundations and I was able to get a really good skin color match with natural2. When I read the description of the product and reminded me of smashbox's halo, but a lot less expensive. Still expensive for my wallet but I have a hard time finding products that don't irritate my skin. My only dislikes so far is the scent and the brush it came with. The scent did go away after a couple of hours and I will try a kabuku brush next time I use it. I answered yes to repurchase but only time will tell.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2009 3:03:00 PM More reviews by redqu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love it!! Thought mineral makeup wasn't for me after trying a couple different kinds, made my face oily and set into my pours. Even the new BE matte ended up looking like a horror after 3+ hours on my skin! I have combination skin, so I usually gear towards oil free powder makeup. I need SPF because i use Retin A, and makeup with SPF usually gets shiny on my skin real quick. Not this one!! Good medium coverage and has a very natural look, stays on and doesn't get shiny for several hours. The brush is kinda wimpy but it works, is antibacterial (+++) and just takes a bit longer than if you used a kabuki or powder brush. The price is high for Clinique, but you get all most three times as much for only $3 more than BE. I love this stuff, for those of you who haven't been able to wear most of the popular mineral make-ups, this one is for you. Oh yea and its not messy at all, has a dial system that shaves off just a little at a time so it's always fresh and never wasteful.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2009 9:24:00 AM More reviews by avar

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I found a great shade in this foundation and have been using it for a few days. The only complaint I have is the brush - it's not full enough to apply the powder correctly. I found that if I use my Smashbox #19 brush, application is flawless. The coverage is not heavy, so if you are looking for something less sheer, you may want to rethink this. But, for a light foundation that feels great on your skin, I would highly recommend. I have been a BE user for years, and this will most likely replace those messy jars.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2009 11:16:00 PM More reviews by tcustenborder88

I am very impressed with this product! Worn alone it provides sheer to medium coverage, and it provides a smooth, natural finish. It does not make you look shiny like many other mineral foundations (Lancome in particular). I like the "smart technology", that holds moisture in while controlling oil where needed. Though I may need a light touch-up near the end of the day, that is hard to avoid regardless of what product I use. I use this over my Stila tinted moisturizer, and I have never been more in love. This is a big deal, because I have 7 different foundations, and have never been happy with TMs or mineral foundations. I have truly found a combination that is perfect for me :) Goodbye, heavy makeup!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2009 8:02:00 AM More reviews by Sandra45

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love that you "shave" off only what you need. Not messy at all. Throw away the brush sold with the product - you will want to use a regular mineral powder brush to apply. Although I use a concealer underneath, I found this product to product fabulous coverage, looks totally natural, and is very long lasting. You may need to touch up mid-day, but this lasted through my lunchtime walk in high heat and humidity suprisingly well.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2009 9:34:00 PM More reviews by KittyKatBlonde

I just purchased this MMU today. I have been trying to find a foundation for my aging skin that looked natural, didn't accentuate my wrinkles but gave me enough coverage to cover up redness and uneven skin tone. They say as you age less is more and I am inclined to agree now so I switched to a tinted moisturizer with a dusting of mineral powder. I was previously using Glo mineral powder but found this like most of the others I have used, tended to make my skin look even older by settling into my wrinkles and that sheen!!! What is up with that sheen??? On a fluke I gave this new one from Clinique a try. It took a bit to find my color match (02 natural) because I have both pink and yellow undertones and usually in foundation neither match for me (I am fair to medium toned skin, with both red/pink/yellow undertones, blonde hair, blue eyes). I thought the 02 was too light initially but after I put it on and looked it really evened out my skin tone without looking heavy. It gave me a soft focus effect without the sheen. There is not much a make up can do about the wrinkles I already have but at least this didn't accentuate them and seemed to smooth my face nicely. No problems so far with this MMU. I do notice towards the end of the day I get a bit of a shine in my T-zone and I have aged, dry skin. Perhaps a finishing powder along with this might help. I will research it and see. I am on the look out for a better TM to go with this powder. I bought the clinique moisture sheer tint in light to go with this. It is OK but is a bit shiny and I would like just a little bit more coverage. I tried LM tinted moisturizer and although I liked the coverage better, I could not get a good color match in any of her foundations at all.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2009 1:11:00 PM More reviews by EmeraldCharm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this exclusively from Nordstrom, because I am always looking for a good powder w/ spf. This is pretty pricely for a Clinique product imo. The packaging is superb, very classy and practical like smashbox and elizabeth arden minerals, but this one is nicer imo it looks very fresh. My problem with this product unfourtunetly is the ingredients..murumuru butter and squalane and mica are ingredients that I personally don't want to put on my face. Just some info about me to help you, I'm not really acne prone anymore at 23, but I am very clog prone meaning I get little bumps that can get big if I use certain ingredients. I'm cautious about murumuru butter because when I researched it appears to be similar to shea butter which clogs my pores big time, as well as some other people I know. Squalane tends to break me out, and Mica is shimmery and can clog pores-it seems to make mine larger...Anyway ith that said this product is not for me however, it may be for you because it it does look nice, provide sheer to medium coverage, good colors (i got natural 2 and it was a good match for my NW20 skin) and gave a nice matte but not chalky finish on my currently oily skin. Here are the ingredients:

titanium dioxide 6.30% ingredients: talc, mica, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, zinc sterate, zinc laurate, dimethicone, bentonite, hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, silica, hydrolyzed soy protein, glycerin, lauryl lysine, astrocaryum murumuru seed butter, squalane, cetearyl dimethicone crosspolymer, lecithin, triethoxycaprylylsilane, tocopheryl acetate, tetrahexyldecyl abscorbate, magnesium myristate, coconut acid, water, tetrasodium eta, chlorphensin, potassium sorbate,{ +- titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride}

Hope that helps!

22 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2009 3:03:00 AM More reviews by BetteBoop

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Currently, available only at Nordstrom. Spoke with my Clinique Sales Rep at Macy's today and they are all so excited to be getting this and she had recently attended their seminar where the product was introduced to them. She thought Macy's would get it by end of this month. I purchased mine from Nordstrom a few weeks ago and love it. It gives me a very nice, natural, finished look. I use just a light touch of Clinique loose powder over it after applying in morning and thats it. You can easily carry it with you too for touchup during day using the little brush included. (I use a Pur minerals brush to apply initially in the morning) It stays so fresh looking, doesn't get cakey. Just love this foundation! Love the delivery system too. (Like the Smashbox Halo, but this Clinique Superbalanced powder makeup gives good coverage and has good color selection, unlike Smashbox Halo.) I have normal/combination skin, live in Dallas where we have 100+ temperatures and this foundation holds up!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No