November 21, 2014 | 1778 users online

Masks - Freeman - Facial Peel-Off Mask Cucumber

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2011 1:00:00 AM More reviews by ANZology

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Let me start off by saying that I have horribly sensitive hormonal cystic acne, and combination acne prone skin that can very easily be aggravated by certain products. This, thankfully, was not one of them.

I first bought a little packet of this from Wally World to make sure I was not allergic to it. The consistency, as expected, is sticky, but not too sticky that it's impossible to work with. The fragrance isn't overbearing, and the product is clear, which some people may or may not like. The product takes 15-25 minutes to dry (even though the bottle reads 5-10) and remains shiny upon application and when dry. Just pat your fingers on the surface to see if it's still wet or not before removal.

I can't say how long a tube lasts, because I apply this all over my face and jawline, so I'm sure I use more than most people. When I apply it all over my face, it doesn't stick fully around my mouth (probably because I'm either snacking or talking to someone as it dries). This makes it easy for me to peel off since I have a loosened up starting point. If you just want to apply it to certain areas, you can get it off by rubbing your finger pads across the edges. I also don't apply it when my face is freshly cleansed, because it doesn't peel off as easily, nor leave my skin feeling soft. I let some of my natural oils come back, and after applying and removing it, the pH balance all over my face seems to be perfectly even! Dry patches are soft, oily patches are smooth. It preps my skin better for make-up than any cheap or high end primer I've used.

This is great to use if you get excess, noticeable dead skin on your face due to weather or breakouts. It doesn't pull out my blackheads, but it does loosen them up. If it could pull out my blackheads that easily, it would probably aggravate my entire face pretty badly.

Also, you shouldn't get it in your brows nor hairline. It comes out painlessly, and doesn't hurt when the mask is peeled off, but it's just an annoyance to get the excess product out. If you have a brow brush, run it back and forth over the areas.

Overall, good for the price (three bucks and some change), gentle, doesn't irritate my acne; will definitely repurchase.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2011 7:15:00 PM More reviews by xChocobunny

It's really nice to apply, although it takes about 15-20mins rather than the 5-10mins it says on the tube, but no big deal (for me,) just more time to relax as it dries.

I'm not sure if it's just me, but when I first (and still happens) applied it, it started to sting my eyes, (I start applying at the hollow area of the cheeks. Note that I do not have sensitive eyes.

It was easy (and fun!) to peel, though you won't be able to peel it all at once if you applied it unevenly. It was assuring to see the..impurites? Dead skin? That stuck onto the mask upon peeling- as it is doing t's job of clearing the skin. It also left my skin soft and smoother.

Aside from the weird stinging and the longer wait time some MUA users may dislike, I did not like how it was a clear colour. It makes it hard to determine if I could apply closer to my eyebrows and hair..edges?, and trust me- it's a serious pain-in-the-arse to take out. Trying to remove it when it's still wet will just make it worse, but when peeling it off when it's finally dry will take some time, and risking some hairs.

Will not buy again, I'm sure there's products out there that work just as well as this without these complications for me. Though it is worth trying!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 12:18:00 PM More reviews by haleyhenry2011

Good stuff! It's not so effective in using as a spot treatment but this definitely cleans out the pores. I put this on after just rinsing my face with water and then when I peeled it off a whole lotta junk stuck to the mask which was gross but when I woke up the next morning I had a clear dewy complexion. It totally blew my mind! :D I Love it! Just don't expect it to get rid of a pimple overnight because from all my experiences in the past, that's impossible.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2011 9:52:00 PM More reviews by bobmarley19

it waas very fun to play with. it didnt do anything bad but it also didnt do anything good. i guess it sorta made my face feel a little smoother. it was very fun tho(: lil disapointed it didnt come off in one peice but i found you can juss wash the leftovers off.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2011 10:53:00 AM More reviews by stylt

This mask is fun to play with because unlike some other peel-off masks I've tried, it comes off neatly in one piece. Because it's clear and shiny, it kinda makes you look like a burn victim but that's not a big deal. The thing is, this mask does absolutely nothing. No clarifying, no cleansing, no soothing. It's just like putting tape on your face and then pulling it off -- just without the pain. If anything at least tape will take off dead skin. This one doesn't. All you'll see after you pull it off is the imprint of your skin.

So really, even though it's cheap and fun, it's completely pointless as a beauty product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2011 9:17:00 PM More reviews by TStewart011

Those who claim that this product "hurts" by pulling their facial hairs, or by doing anything else for that matter, are overexaggerating. This is not only my first peel-off mask, but my first mask period. I just peeled it off about ten minutes ago; my face is noticeably smoother and clear. I recommend this product to anyone. Tomorrow, however, could be a very different story as far as results go! ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2011 11:55:00 AM More reviews by mle79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this product. Its my first peel off mask. I usually do the wash off mud mask so this was a interesting experience for me lol. It kinda feels like band aids to me when I peel it off, like its pulling the little hairs off my face-which is totally fine with me!- Left my face glowing n smooth. Will re-purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2011 2:28:00 AM More reviews by zerp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

i have this in the Superfruits one, but am posting a review here because Superfruits doesn't have its own page.

I have dry skin, and after using this for the first time my skin was immediately smoooooooooth. it felt like it was exfoliated, but there are no beads in this formula, it's a completely smooth gel. I never liked exfoliating beads because i felt like they were too rough on my dry skin, and most exfoliaters would leave my skin dry.

this masque left my skin smooth and moisturized.
and it was FUN TO PEEL!!@#!@#!

update: i stopped using it for a while, and my skin was looking so tired and dull so i tried it again. next day i woke up with such refreshed, fresh skin, i was seriously so surprised because i didnt expect such dramatic results. i guess i just had a lot of dead skin cells built up. it really makes your skin much smoother. i like it :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by justcomment

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't understand why people don't like this product, it costs 3 bucks, it makes your skin soft, and peels off easily. I think people just have problems because they put it on too thick and or they have a lot of facial hair. You only have to use maybe a teaspoon, and it makes your skin feel great plus it smells fantastic. I love it! It's great for when you have the girls over!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2011 2:30:00 PM More reviews by larabean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

no only did this do nothing for my skin, but it had a irritating smell and was really sticky/ slimy