September 2, 2014 | 948 users online

Concealers - Make Up For Ever - HD Concealer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2009 9:09:00 PM More reviews by leah2412

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this concealer! When I first opened the package it took me a few minutes to figure out how to use it. The rubbery part on the top is very weird and I kept trying to pull it off. Who knew it would take reading the directions on a package to figure out how to use a concealer! Also, the concealer will dry up in the little hole it comes out of so you have to twist it several times to get the dried part out and end up wasting some of the concealer. If they had this in the form of a twisty brush it would be perfect. Anyhow, this concealer is a bit pricey at $28, but well worth it. I do suggest you buy a shade lighter than your foundation. I don't wear any, so I can't help with a reference shade. I turn the applicator a few times to get a little bit of product out, apply it with a concealer brush, wait for it to dry a little bit, use my ring finger to even it up, then dust powder over to set it. I was worried this would be too thin because I have been using some really thick concealers to cover my circles, but it's perfect! I just have circles (and haven't been able to find a treatment to make them go away) but don't have any bags or wrinkles or any other age related under eye problems but it works great for circles! This make it look like I don't have any!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2009 9:35:00 AM More reviews by nishali78

I usually don't wear concealers but I bought one as I 've been worried about my undereyes lately. I applied this underneath my eyes and wow did it make a difference. I don't really have bags or anything but it really made my eyes look awake. I only need a little though. I used a shade lighter than my foundation and applied my foundation over it. That seemed to do the trick. I don't like the packaging on this one. I broke the top part because i got frustrated on how to open it but it still works fine! I love this concealer!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2009 10:19:00 PM More reviews by kcornach

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this product to conceal blemishes/scars AND, since it is "HD" (for high-definition,) it is meant to not show up as white spots on face in photos like some other concealers and other facial make ups for that matter tend to do due to the camera's flash. So far, this product has worked. FINALLY! : )
PROS:
- Really covers blemishes and acne scars. Barely even have to layer! A little goes a long way : )
- Isn't visible in photos because probably has smaller amount of titanium dioxide (a common ingredient that reflects white when camera flash goes off, showing up as white spots on face in photos.)
- Has some "stick" to it, which is apparent when you start applying it. Haven't been using it very long so can't vouch for wearability/fading, but I feel pretty confident it will last as long as you don't intentionally rub or smudge it.
- It is about $28, but compared to some other high-end concealers this is actually pretty middle-of-the-road in terms of price.
CONS:
-Have not had long enough to say for sure, but the brush-tipped applicator pen will inevitably lead to some issues such as too much or too little coming out when you twist it for more to come out. Applicator probably will take a little getting used to but product is great.
continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2009 1:52:00 PM More reviews by sulfababy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This concealer is *great* at covering up my red spots from acne. It's perfect for use with Make Up Forever's HD foundation. I don't really use it with my everyday foundation (Sephora pressed mineral powder) because it doesn't blend that well. The packaging is okay-- I like the clicky pen, but extra product gets stuck and dries in the plastic tip. It's a waste. Also kind of pricey, but it's worth it because I only use it on special occasions with the HD foundation.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2009 9:55:00 PM More reviews by suzannaelektra

This concealer is full coverage. It dries pretty quickly though so you have to move fast, for under the eyes you have to make sure you have eye cream on or it may be a little dry looking. I like the pigmentation and the silicone tip is great. A little goes a long way, I just wish it were more creamier.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2009 3:31:00 AM More reviews by iris621

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This didn;t work for me. Firstly, the MUA got a shade that was too dark for me( that wasn't really the product's fault). It failed to cover my undereye circles. Also, I don't really like the packaging either, silicon tube either doesn;t give out any product or gives too many.

update: I now love this concealer~it's probably becoz my undereye circles have become better~although the tube still stinks, i've pretty much got used to it. i used to live by my laura mercier concealer, but now i use this one instead,,the converage is similar and this one is much more hydrating~

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2009 7:16:00 PM More reviews by tigerorchid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best concealer for my under eye area. It's pretty creamy, so I don't use it for the rest of my face since I'm afraid it'll slip or fade away throughout the day. But this stuff lasts all day on my under eye area and conceals like none other I've tried. I use the 335 shade, despite the sephora sa trying to talk me into the 325. If it helps anyone, I'm an NC20. This concealer is a bit pricey, but I use as little as possible every day. Most days I bend the clear silicone applicator to help squeeze out any access product, so I'm not waisting any. Also, a little goes a very long way. Whenever I run out, I'll definitely buy another.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2009 6:59:00 PM More reviews by Maggiemay94

I think this product works okay, thought it would be better. I find that it covers circles but not under eye redness, and that's my primary problem. It isn't worth the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2009 9:36:00 PM More reviews by adoorbel_gel

I really wanted to like this concealer because the product description on Sephora's website makes it sound like the perfect concealer for me...and because I had spent quite a bit of money on it. I had to return it, primarily because I didn't buy the right color but I had a really hard time finding an acceptable match and with 14 shades to choose from, this was really surprising. Many reviewers had griped about the packaging but I rather liked it (it just takes some getting used to). It didn't seem to accentuate my fine lines but I wouldn't say it gave a "soft focus effect" nor would I say it "brightened the eye area" like it claims to do. It also doesn't last very long. I don't know if my review is fair just because I wasn't able to find a good shade match but then again, that alone might warrant this kind of review.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2009 8:54:00 PM More reviews by ang_824

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this concealer. The packaging could be improved, but if you can look past that it really is a great product. I love it under my eyes and around my nose, it buffs in beautifully with my MAC 224 brush. It is pricey, but you get a high quality product. The range in colours is impressive, and the creamy formula provides buildable, long lasting coverage.