Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Concealer

3.8

Aqua (Water), Dimethicone, Hydroxystearic/Linolenic/Oleic Polyglycerides, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Sodium Chloride, Mica, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Glycerin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methylpropanediol, Glyceryl Caprylate, Pentylene Glycol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Ethylhexylglycerin, p-Anisic Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Tromethamine, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Palmaria Palmata Extract, Spilanthes Acmella Flower Extract, Laureth-4, [CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)].

OMG...this is hands down the BEST concealer I've ever used. How was I satisfied with other concealers before this?! LOL Not only is the coverage superb, but it blends like a dream. I literally cannot tell where my skin ends and the concealer begins! This is definitely the only concealer I will buy from now on.

on 2/23/2010 12:36:00 AM

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium

I love the entire MUFE HD line. All of it - from concealer to foundation to powder. Can't wait to try out the new HD blush, and have heard that there is a water-proof eye shadow coming out soon! It makes me very happy!

I pride myself in using the best products from a wear-ability standpoint, which means I am always trying out the newest makeup technologies. So I was thrilled when I got to play with this concealer during Mercedes Benz Fashion Week - Swim, last July (it wasn't on the market yet)!

I love the way it looks on my face and under my eyes - it doesn't accentuate fine lines (I'm 39 years old). Unfortunately, it comes in a wand container with a rubber spatula shaped applicator, so MUFE loses a lippie. I feel like companies choose wands because they only hold a bit of product, forcing the consumer or artist to return frequently to repurchase. The only pro to the wand is that it's more sanitary than a pot, for sure. But I can live with all of cons due to the amazing finish and wear. Plus it photographs beautifully! Enough said!

on 2/19/2010 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I love the consistency of the product, but the packaging is just awful. Product always gets stuck and when I twist nothing comes out, so I twist more and too much comes out. Product gives medium coverage. The product is not cakey, but doesn't fully cover dark circles. I am still looking for my hg concealer!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this friggin stuff! MUFE HD Concealer Invisible Cover Concealer is the bomb. First off, I've never used anything like this because the concealer comes in clicks out of a tiny hole in the top of this little rubber tip--that applicator is so awesome. I love how it blends in like butter and gives very good coverage-Medium at least. I have it in #345 and all I use is this stuff and the MUFE HD powder--no need for a full face of coverup because all of my trouble areas are concealed! It just blows my mind that the little rubber tip makes blending so easy! love love love

on 1/3/2010 7:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I'm quite surprised at the negative feedback this concealer has received, I find it great. My HG concealer was/is By Terry Touch-Expert Concealer in #1 Fair, and when I went to Sephora to pick it up and they informed they no longer stock it, I chucked a mental, and the SA actually remembered me as he said: Oh no, you're the one who only wears By Terry eh?!! (I had freaked out one other time when he was looking for my shade and it was a very nail biting intense situation!:))
So, I had to face the fact that I had to purchase another concealer and foundation other than By Terry (I would also use the #2 By Terry concealer as a foundation).
I decided to check out YSL touche eclat seeing I had read the designer of it was behind the by terry concealer also, therfore I had my sister be the guinea pig that day :) The SA applied the touche eclat on one eye and MUFE's HD (high definition) concealer on the other and wow what a huge difference! The ysl made her eye area look 10 years older! Whereas the mufe one was sooooooo smooth looking, hydrating and her eye area looked flawless! (My sis is 37 with great skin). So I am now using the mufe one and I am very very pleased with it.
I have shade #315 (the lightest) and what I do is apply an extremely hydrating eye cream beforhand, apply the concealer which I blend with my MAC foundation brush then pat with a sponge, I find that leaves my eye area looking flawless.
So thumbs up to it :)
Retils in Greece for 25.80 euros. (37.00 US$)

on 12/23/2009 10:32:00 AM

I really like this concealer. Its great. It does what you want it to do- covers without looking like cover-up. You should get it for sure. Ive tried so many other concealers, and this is the jackpot. The only thing I dont like is the rubber tip applicator. The stuff gets stuck in there once in a while and dries up and i have to push that bit out, which is a waste of expensive concealer! but overall, love love love!

on 12/13/2009 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this concealer! When I first opened the package it took me a few minutes to figure out how to use it. The rubbery part on the top is very weird and I kept trying to pull it off. Who knew it would take reading the directions on a package to figure out how to use a concealer! Also, the concealer will dry up in the little hole it comes out of so you have to twist it several times to get the dried part out and end up wasting some of the concealer. If they had this in the form of a twisty brush it would be perfect. Anyhow, this concealer is a bit pricey at $28, but well worth it. I do suggest you buy a shade lighter than your foundation. I don't wear any, so I can't help with a reference shade. I turn the applicator a few times to get a little bit of product out, apply it with a concealer brush, wait for it to dry a little bit, use my ring finger to even it up, then dust powder over to set it. I was worried this would be too thin because I have been using some really thick concealers to cover my circles, but it's perfect! I just have circles (and haven't been able to find a treatment to make them go away) but don't have any bags or wrinkles or any other age related under eye problems but it works great for circles! This make it look like I don't have any!

on 12/12/2009 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I usually don't wear concealers but I bought one as I 've been worried about my undereyes lately. I applied this underneath my eyes and wow did it make a difference. I don't really have bags or anything but it really made my eyes look awake. I only need a little though. I used a shade lighter than my foundation and applied my foundation over it. That seemed to do the trick. I don't like the packaging on this one. I broke the top part because i got frustrated on how to open it but it still works fine! I love this concealer!

on 11/20/2009 10:19:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this product to conceal blemishes/scars AND, since it is "HD" (for high-definition,) it is meant to not show up as white spots on face in photos like some other concealers and other facial make ups for that matter tend to do due to the camera's flash. So far, this product has worked. FINALLY! : )
PROS:
- Really covers blemishes and acne scars. Barely even have to layer! A little goes a long way : )
- Isn't visible in photos because probably has smaller amount of titanium dioxide (a common ingredient that reflects white when camera flash goes off, showing up as white spots on face in photos.)
- Has some "stick" to it, which is apparent when you start applying it. Haven't been using it very long so can't vouch for wearability/fading, but I feel pretty confident it will last as long as you don't intentionally rub or smudge it.
- It is about $28, but compared to some other high-end concealers this is actually pretty middle-of-the-road in terms of price.
CONS:
-Have not had long enough to say for sure, but the brush-tipped applicator pen will inevitably lead to some issues such as too much or too little coming out when you twist it for more to come out. Applicator probably will take a little getting used to but product is great.
continued >>

on 11/16/2009 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This concealer is *great* at covering up my red spots from acne. It's perfect for use with Make Up Forever's HD foundation. I don't really use it with my everyday foundation (Sephora pressed mineral powder) because it doesn't blend that well. The packaging is okay-- I like the clicky pen, but extra product gets stuck and dries in the plastic tip. It's a waste. Also kind of pricey, but it's worth it because I only use it on special occasions with the HD foundation.