MAC Sandy B. lipstick

3.9

on 12/17/2005 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This frosty peachy-pink is way too frosty and a bit too bright for my taste. As other reviewers have mentioned, your lips have to be in near perfect shape or this will just look cakey and gross. I also don't like the texture; this is my only frost finish lipstick but it just feels "cheap" somehow. It's not comfortable to wear like the amplified creams, satin finish, or even the lustres. Needless to say, I won't be repurchasing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I dig this. Sandy B. is the only light pink lipstick I currently own and one of the few I can pull off. Which reminds me, unlike the other reviewers, this doesn't look peach on me! It goes on slightly warm, extremely frosty, pale pink. A little bit warm, but NOT peach. It might have something to do with my lips, which are moderately pigmented and sort of berry colored. Perhaps I'll try it with a light liner like Subculture.

on 9/26/2005 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

It's a nice peach lipstick. Just a tad too frosty for my taste, but if I put a thin gloss over it (like Hard Candy Roller Girl in "Peachy Keen"), it looks nice. Since it is so frosted, you really should be sure there's no chapped or dead skin on your lips. Make sure they are smooth and moisturized, because it won't look right otherwise. Still, all those things aside, I really like this lipstick. It's a lovely nude peach color with gold shimmer. I think it'd be best with darker eye makeup. I'd buy it again.

on 9/22/2005 7:20:00 PM

It took me all of one day to find a lipstick to bring out the colour in my newest lipglass - Enchantress. (Pls read my review from yesterday) With this slicked on underneath, my lips glow peachy gold. It's terrific with Estee Lauder Honey Drop Pure Color Eyeshadow (Cube) and a bit of BE Tinted Mineral Veil. I'm glad to know I can dabble in peaches as well as pulling off pinks and berries :) FYI I'm asian with light/medium skin with neutral undertones. (More pink than golden anyhow) I love the golden shimmer in this lipstick. Just to warn you, this lipstick and lipglass combo lasted me about 2 hours, so the staying power isn't all that great, but who doesn't eat or drink in a 2-3 hour long period anyway? Chances are if you're like me you end up wiping lip stuff off after an hour or so. continued >>

on 6/30/2005 4:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have really been trying to like this lipstick. I loved it in the store but no matter what I do, it just doesn't look all that great on me. I little too pale and frosty for me.

on 6/5/2005 1:12:00 PM

The MAC MUA suggested this for me, and I liked the color in the store. I've had it a couple of weeks now, and have noticed that its staying power is poor. It seems to last~ maybe an hour or so..which IMO isn't good. Maybe I just need to touch it up more...

on 5/7/2005 9:11:00 AM

I love this lipstick and I never though I would. I'm a PPP who has a heck of a time finding the perfect shade. This was it. I pair it with my Spice liner, a bit of PRRR lip gloss and I'm good to go. I never get more compliments!

on 5/4/2005 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is just too pale and has the dreaded wash-out factor. The color itself is pretty in the tube and I like the gold in it--but is just doesn't have any life to it on FFF me. This is definitely not Orgasm blush in lipstick form--way too pale for that. However, Cockatease has the Orgasm look to it (oh my, all these racy names). It *kind of* amazes me when people lump Sandy B, Monarch, Dainty Cake and Cockatease all into one category of lookalike corals because they are not that similar and certainly don't look anywhere near the same on. I love Cockatease but Monarch is way too bright and dark and Sandy B. is too pale and lifeless. Gave it two lippies b/cs of the pretty color which I'm sure looks wonderful on some! Respectfully submitted, colormepink

on 4/24/2005 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

One of the best colours and formulas EVER! I will seriously lose my rag if they discontinue this! This colour is a soft, gold peach that really flatters my NC35 olive complexion. I have seen many women try this at the counter and love it! It gives just the right amount of colour and shimmer. I wear it with Spice lipliner (the most natural for me) and clear gloss or Enchantress on top. This is great for someone who likes a feminine but not too girly lipstick colour! Perfect! will buy again and again! continued >>

on 4/13/2005 12:29:00 PM

Sandy B is my absolute favorite lipstick ever. It's a beautiful frosty coral that would probably brighten up any medium skin tones. Especially good if you're like me and prefer lighter lipstick shades. It looks great on me- I have med. olive skin, blue eyes, brown hair. I wear it with Stripdown lipliner, and sometimes I put Love Nectar gloss over it. Also goes great with Foolish Me blush and Expensive Pink eyeshadow.

Popular Lipsticks