September 30, 2014 | 1619 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Sandy B. lipstick

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2005 3:01:00 PM More reviews by another_mac_addict

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I dig this. Sandy B. is the only light pink lipstick I currently own and one of the few I can pull off. Which reminds me, unlike the other reviewers, this doesn't look peach on me! It goes on slightly warm, extremely frosty, pale pink. A little bit warm, but NOT peach. It might have something to do with my lips, which are moderately pigmented and sort of berry colored. Perhaps I'll try it with a light liner like Subculture.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2005 10:38:00 PM More reviews by hiyashinsu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's a nice peach lipstick. Just a tad too frosty for my taste, but if I put a thin gloss over it (like Hard Candy Roller Girl in "Peachy Keen"), it looks nice. Since it is so frosted, you really should be sure there's no chapped or dead skin on your lips. Make sure they are smooth and moisturized, because it won't look right otherwise. Still, all those things aside, I really like this lipstick. It's a lovely nude peach color with gold shimmer. I think it'd be best with darker eye makeup. I'd buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2005 7:20:00 PM More reviews by thinkpink710

It took me all of one day to find a lipstick to bring out the colour in my newest lipglass - Enchantress. (Pls read my review from yesterday) With this slicked on underneath, my lips glow peachy gold. It's terrific with Estee Lauder Honey Drop Pure Color Eyeshadow (Cube) and a bit of BE Tinted Mineral Veil. I'm glad to know I can dabble in peaches as well as pulling off pinks and berries :) FYI I'm asian with light/medium skin with neutral undertones. (More pink than golden anyhow) I love the golden shimmer in this lipstick. Just to warn you, this lipstick and lipglass combo lasted me about 2 hours, so the staying power isn't all that great, but who doesn't eat or drink in a 2-3 hour long period anyway? Chances are if you're like me you end up wiping lip stuff off after an hour or so. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2005 4:11:00 AM More reviews by jasmin3w4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have really been trying to like this lipstick. I loved it in the store but no matter what I do, it just doesn't look all that great on me. I little too pale and frosty for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2005 1:12:00 PM More reviews by chrissier

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The MAC MUA suggested this for me, and I liked the color in the store. I've had it a couple of weeks now, and have noticed that its staying power is poor. It seems to last~ maybe an hour or so..which IMO isn't good. Maybe I just need to touch it up more...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2005 9:11:00 AM More reviews by PrincessK

I love this lipstick and I never though I would. I'm a PPP who has a heck of a time finding the perfect shade. This was it. I pair it with my Spice liner, a bit of PRRR lip gloss and I'm good to go. I never get more compliments!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2005 8:15:00 PM More reviews by colormepink

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is just too pale and has the dreaded wash-out factor. The color itself is pretty in the tube and I like the gold in it--but is just doesn't have any life to it on FFF me. This is definitely not Orgasm blush in lipstick form--way too pale for that. However, Cockatease has the Orgasm look to it (oh my, all these racy names). It *kind of* amazes me when people lump Sandy B, Monarch, Dainty Cake and Cockatease all into one category of lookalike corals because they are not that similar and certainly don't look anywhere near the same on. I love Cockatease but Monarch is way too bright and dark and Sandy B. is too pale and lifeless. Gave it two lippies b/cs of the pretty color which I'm sure looks wonderful on some! Respectfully submitted, colormepink

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2005 1:15:00 AM More reviews by diablina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

One of the best colours and formulas EVER! I will seriously lose my rag if they discontinue this! This colour is a soft, gold peach that really flatters my NC35 olive complexion. I have seen many women try this at the counter and love it! It gives just the right amount of colour and shimmer. I wear it with Spice lipliner (the most natural for me) and clear gloss or Enchantress on top. This is great for someone who likes a feminine but not too girly lipstick colour! Perfect! will buy again and again! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2005 12:29:00 PM More reviews by melovemac

Sandy B is my absolute favorite lipstick ever. It's a beautiful frosty coral that would probably brighten up any medium skin tones. Especially good if you're like me and prefer lighter lipstick shades. It looks great on me- I have med. olive skin, blue eyes, brown hair. I wear it with Stripdown lipliner, and sometimes I put Love Nectar gloss over it. Also goes great with Foolish Me blush and Expensive Pink eyeshadow.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2005 1:32:00 PM More reviews by stargal7

THE TALE OF SANDY B. (or how I came to own and love a peach lipstick)
I can't believe I bought this color. But I am so glad that I did. I am an NW15 brunett with blue eyes. I love and wear plummy reds and pinks.Sometimes I even dabble in browns if they are pink enough. I always steer clear of ANYTHING that looks like it has color remotly close to peach or coral. I have a problem with lots of lipsticks turning a very unflattering orange shade on my lips and I assumed that peachy shades would only magnify that. So how did I wind up with one ?
Well, I was a bridesmaid at a wedding last week(out of town) and none of the lipstick colors I brought were going to work with the sweater I had to wear. I went to a MAC counter and told the MA that I was looking for a shade to compliment a coral sweater but that I didn't want anything peach. Bless the woman. She was a pushy MA (But in a really good way) and told me that she wanted to try Sandy B. on me and that I would love it. I took one look at the frosty peach "monstrosity" that she held up and said that I wouldn't love it. However I let her try it (I had asked for her recomendation after all) She told me she would make it more pink toned with a liner. she lined my lips, slicked on Sandy B. and held up a mirror. Wonder of wonders it Was BE-U-TI-FUL. She was right. I loved it. She used half red liner under the lipstick and it was lovely (I would have never thought of the combo, but try it it's georgeous)The lipstick brightened my face in a new way.it was a fun springy lipcolor. I even thought the frost was nice (I don't love frost in a lipstick either) If you are afraid of peach lipsticks try this one, you might be (read probably will be) pleasantly surprised.