October 1, 2014 | 1892 users online

Palettes - Too Faced - Natural Eye Kit

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2011 10:24:00 PM More reviews by berrybellajoy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love, love, love this palette. I go to work w/ no make-up and bring this everyday to put on. I rarely use it the way the cards say although it would be very easy to follow b/c a card is essentially a row. No matter what look I use, "Heaven" is my highlight. It's perfectly matte. I also use "sexpresso" as my eyebrow colour and use the brush it comes with..it's perfect. Depending on the day I'll either put Teddy or the gold one on my lid and it really brightens up my eyes. I never understood what people meant by "smooth" and "blends easily" until I tried these. The only shadow I don't like is "nude beach". Way to sparkly and no matter what I get fallout throughout the day. Will def repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2011 3:24:00 PM More reviews by JChrisBee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first non drug store eye shadow other than Estee Lauder which I have their holiday palette. Gorgeous palette but not as velvety as Too Faced. I really like this TF palette. I bought it for $23 off of Ebay. Taking a big chance, but I carefully read the seller's reviews and ratings. I ended up getting a great deal and perfect product. The eyeshadows are silky soft and highly pigmented. The applicator included isn't the greatest. The sponge side soaks up the eyeshadow and makes application difficult. The brush is perfect for lining the eyes. The sexpresso color is a beautiful eyeliner and didn't smudge. It magnified my eyes and made the whites of my eyes look whiter. I adore the push-up color for the lids. It's a slightly pink brown that looks great alone. For under the brow, I used "heaven" and that helps hide any veins.
My only complaint is the pull-out shelf that holds the sponge/brush. They could half the packaging and include the applicator on the same shelf the eyeshadows are on. If they're going to make the box that thick, they really need to put more products on the lower shelf and not just an applicator. Granted, that would up the price, but it does seem silly to have all of that extra space just for an applicator.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2011 8:50:00 PM More reviews by litolhoku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i got this palette a few weeks ago after wondering if i really needed it. i already had the urban decay naked palette & loved it, but that push up color in the TF palette was just so pretty.
The colors in this palette are very wearable. Except for nude beach b/c of the huge glitter. But it is a pretty color without the glitter. They are all very pigmented. The top row is all matte shades, & the rest are shimmery.
Silk teddy is the exact same color as stila's kitten eyeshadow, which kind of made me sad since i have 2 kitten eyeshadows.
I use velvet revolver to blend out crease colors and sexpresso to darken the outer crease.
the rest i use for lid or brow.
Overall a nice palette. I wish the packaging wasn't so bulky tho. It doesn't fit in my makeup bag :( and the shadows are tiny! at least with the UD naked you get full sized eyeshadows.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2011 12:53:00 AM More reviews by weverunoutoftime

this was a huge splurge for me. i'm only a teenager, so i do not get that much money. but i will tell you it is definitely worth it. 35 bucks is great for what you get....9 shadows, some cards, applicator (this isn't completely useless,i don't like the sponge tip..but the liner end is actually pretty great). and the colors are gorgeous, and the packaging is so fancy and lovely. i finally got it a month ago after ogling it for so long.

gorgeous gorgeous colors. they are not bright eye catching colors, but those are not my thing. i prefer neutrals that define my eyes in a natural way.

they are all SUPER blendable and soft and very pigmented.
the only color i don't touch much is nude beach, because as everyone says, the chunky glitters. but i'm sure ill find a use for it. my only complaint is that why does nude beach have to be one of the bigger colors? the other smaller pan colors have much more use than nude beach.

this is all i need for my everyday school look.

i prime my eyes with ud primer potion, some days i do a very thin line of liquid liner, and then i mix silk teddy (shimmery peach champagne that looks white it some lights) with heaven ( a matte creamy vanilla) and i spread it over my lid, and then i blend sexpresso (deep matte brown) into the outer corners, and i blend velvet revolver (matte kind of grayish..can't explain) where those two meet, and then blend into the crease. some days i use white eyelienr on the waterline, sometimes black. then i curl and add mascara. and the shadows look so gorgeous. my first product from too faced and im in love with them already.

i have asian double eyelids and they work great.
i definitely recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2011 2:57:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was the first Too Faced product I'd ever bought and I was so impressed that I've purchased quite a few more products since then.

The name of this palette is a bit misleading - you can do everything from a very natural, neutral eye to a very dramatic look using just this palette. Of the 9 shadows in it, 8 are tremendous in terms of the lovely assortment of colours, the smoothness and ease of blending and the pigmentation - full marks for all of that. I took off one "lippie" for 2 reasons and one is the horrible chunky glitter in Nude Beach. There is simply no way to apply this otherwise beautiful colour without having plentiful traces of glitter all over your cheeks and under your eyes...it's just a mess! And believe me, they can't just be brushed away afterward! The glitter defies removal! The other colours are fantastic, however - Heaven is basically Mac's Vanilla and Velvet Revolver is somewhat like Omega. Sexpresso is a lovely deep, rich matte brown with no trace of red. Silk Teddy is a very wearable and flattering shade of peach with some shimmer - very much like MAC's Naked Lunch. Push Up - I don't even know what to compare it to (maybe a bit like UD's Toasted) but it's a gorgeous flattering sort of pinky bronze shade with glow, not glitter. Erotica is a very deep, dark brown with golden glitter....I think it's probably a lot like Nars Mekong (though I don't own that and am just going on swatches I've seen but mean to check it out the next time I'm at Sephora, if I ever remember!). The last row - the one with Nude Beach - does offer up two more terrific shadows - Honey Pot (which I've seen compared to Woodwinked though I think Honey Pot is more flattering and less orange) and Cocoa Puff which is a very good dupe of another Nars shadow -Galapagos. In the middle row, Erotica is very close to Mekong (I've now compared them in-store)!

The second reason I took off a lippie is because the packaging is unnecessarily bulky! It's a cardboard box (not my fave but I can live with it) with a secure magnet closing that holds even when I've travelled with it. But because Too Faced is offering a basically useless (though I've seen way worse) brush/applicator and decided to house this in its own little drawer below the shadows (rather than in a slot/trough in the same compartment with the shadows), this has resulted in a much more bulky package than necessary and a thinner one would be much better. There are 3 cards to show you how to use the shadows but they're pretty bog-standard and don't involve anything more complicated than going horizontally across any of the 3 "groupings" and using them just as you'd expect. A bit more in the way of creativity might have been nice (they could have put two looks on each card - one on the front and one on the back! Now, there's an idea).

I got this some months BEFORE I purchased the UD Naked palette but I still feel that this palette from Too Faced is a lovely product and I'd certainly purchase it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2011 8:11:00 PM More reviews by theprincessyessi

I LOVE this. I'm not a big eyeshadow person and i only wear neutral colors so this is perfect for me. This is kinda pricey ,but it doesn't matter to me because i hardly ever buy eyeshadows. They are really pigmented and there is no wrong or right way of putting this on. No matter how i mix or match the colors it always comes out looking good.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2011 8:01:00 PM More reviews by wickedfreethinker

This is my favorite palette. I use it almost everyday and it has lasted for over a year. The colors are beautiful, especially because I'm blonde with blue eyes and tend to use browns and pinks quite often to bring out my coloring. I tend to use honey pot and silk teddy the most, nude beach is super glittery. These colors are great because I can use them for work, school or going out. Really versatile. The packaging is really bulky and not portable, it barely fits in my makeup bag at home. I'm dying to try the smoky and naked too faced palettes as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2011 7:22:00 PM More reviews by Bucephala

I love this palette! It is my go-to palette for my regular everyday look. I don't use the colors in the combinations suggested and I sometimes use MAC's "all that glitters" with them. I love using "silk teddy" as an inner corner highlight. The colors are great for work and they are high quality. I will definitely repurchase this palette!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2011 7:13:00 PM More reviews by Photogirl10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

By far, favorite eye shadow pallet of all time! All of the colors are wearable and work great for different looks. You can easily use this pallet to make a natural, soft, effortless look for school/work. At the same time, you can use some of the darker and glittery colors to make a glam and dramatic look. I have owned this for almost a year and use it 4-5 days a week. So versatile, so lovely!

There is only one color I don't use at all -- Nude Beach. It has huge glitter chunks that look like a huge glittery mess! Silk Teddy does have shimmer, but I use this almost every day because it's a pretty shimmer, it doesn't have glitter chunks and it never falls off (I do use Mac's paint pot as a primer).

The only thing I don't like about this product isn't really the product -- it's the packaging. For some reason they decided to make a really large, chunky box that makes it inconvenient for me to take it with me anywhere. You could fit it in a larger purse, but it's out of the question for a clutch or small makeup bag. Since the product pots are pretty thin, I wish they would have made the box much thinner.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2011 11:46:00 PM More reviews by theresadactyl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wasn't blown away by this palette - it has some great shades but after owning UD's Naked first, I wasn't too impressed. I use Heaven daily as a highlight and Silk Teddy as an all over lid color.. those two are my favorite! As for the others, I feel like they are easily duped by other shadows in my collection. I would recommend this to a neutral lover that doesn't already own alot of shadows and wants something of higher quality. If you already own Naked, I would pass on this.

The shadows are buttery and smooth, require a good primer to last all day. All of the shadows give a beautiful finish, except for Nude Beach in my opinion. The chunks of glitter in it fall on your face throughout the day and they are quite large. Good palette, I wouldn't repurchase this guy but would venture out and try other Too Faced palette.