April 20, 2014 | 1982 users online

Palettes - Too Faced - Natural Eye Kit

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2011 7:22:00 PM More reviews by Bucephala

I love this palette! It is my go-to palette for my regular everyday look. I don't use the colors in the combinations suggested and I sometimes use MAC's "all that glitters" with them. I love using "silk teddy" as an inner corner highlight. The colors are great for work and they are high quality. I will definitely repurchase this palette!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2011 7:13:00 PM More reviews by Photogirl10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

By far, favorite eye shadow pallet of all time! All of the colors are wearable and work great for different looks. You can easily use this pallet to make a natural, soft, effortless look for school/work. At the same time, you can use some of the darker and glittery colors to make a glam and dramatic look. I have owned this for almost a year and use it 4-5 days a week. So versatile, so lovely!

There is only one color I don't use at all -- Nude Beach. It has huge glitter chunks that look like a huge glittery mess! Silk Teddy does have shimmer, but I use this almost every day because it's a pretty shimmer, it doesn't have glitter chunks and it never falls off (I do use Mac's paint pot as a primer).

The only thing I don't like about this product isn't really the product -- it's the packaging. For some reason they decided to make a really large, chunky box that makes it inconvenient for me to take it with me anywhere. You could fit it in a larger purse, but it's out of the question for a clutch or small makeup bag. Since the product pots are pretty thin, I wish they would have made the box much thinner.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2011 11:46:00 PM More reviews by theresadactyl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wasn't blown away by this palette - it has some great shades but after owning UD's Naked first, I wasn't too impressed. I use Heaven daily as a highlight and Silk Teddy as an all over lid color.. those two are my favorite! As for the others, I feel like they are easily duped by other shadows in my collection. I would recommend this to a neutral lover that doesn't already own alot of shadows and wants something of higher quality. If you already own Naked, I would pass on this.

The shadows are buttery and smooth, require a good primer to last all day. All of the shadows give a beautiful finish, except for Nude Beach in my opinion. The chunks of glitter in it fall on your face throughout the day and they are quite large. Good palette, I wouldn't repurchase this guy but would venture out and try other Too Faced palette.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2011 8:49:00 PM More reviews by princessali7

Here's the thing: I would have absolutely LOVED this kit if it weren't for Nude Beach & Silk Teddy. They're beautiful colors in the pan but basically a big fat glitter mess when I try to apply! Other than that the rest of the colors are beautifullll. They go on effortlessly & whenever I'm in a rush I just grab this & get to work. I use heaven religiously under my brows, always helps give my eyes that extra UUMPH.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2011 2:18:00 AM More reviews by BonBonMouse

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

The Too Faced Natural Eye palette was my first HE E/S purchase. I hesitated to spend $34 (now $35) on an E/S palette, since it initially seemed like a huge sticker shock in comparison to DS MU.

It is one of my favorite palettes, and I used to reach for it the most. You can create a look without much thought, 3-across, 3-down, or 3-diagonal. If you know how to play Tic-Tac-Toe or Connect-the-Dots then you can create a pulled together neutral look without effort, unlike the UD Naked Palette.

However, now that the TF Naked Eye and the UD Naked palettes have been released, I find myself neglecting the Natural Eye palette. In comparison to the other two, this is a warmer-toned palette. I find the color Nude Beach to be a bit too loud, and the glittery chunks makes it a bit difficult to work with. I tend to brush off the glittery chunks, but then it creates fall-out that tend to fall on my cheeks, that I have to then clean off. I use Silk Teddy often to pull a look together, but sometimes it creates a warmer look than I intend.

Like the other neutral palettes, it's very versatile, and the color selection is great for travel. I can easily create a great number of looks with minimal thought, knowing that all of the colors work well together.

Pros:
- Excellent quality, rich pigmentation, minimal fall-out
- Beautiful color selection, well-organized
- Does not irritate my eyes, or feel heavy on my eyelids (unlike UD ES)
- Does not crease when worn over UDPP on my oily monolids

Cons:
- Warmer shades
- Bulky paper packaging
- Cute but useless applicators & pull-out tray*

*I've contacted TF suggesting that they re-package all of their Eye like the Romantic Eye palette, or possibly slimmer. If you feel the same, then you can also e-mail the TF website under their feedback section. Hopefully TF will change the packaging soon, in time for when I re-purchase the palette.
All-in-all: <3 Love! <3

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2011 10:31:00 AM More reviews by Kaskine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this palette. I bought it instead of the Naked by Urban Decay. I think the Naked is a little over hyped and this one is just as good even better (in my opinion) for brown eyes. The Naked doesnt seem to do that good of justice for brown eyes girls so I went with this one by Too Faced and I love it! Plus this one is $13 cheaper than the Naked! I highly recommend getting this palette, especially if you have brown eyes

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2011 6:06:00 PM More reviews by Meglyn86

LOVE! ..Well, I love each shade with the exception of the "Nude", it is WAY too glittery for me. But I love to use "Silk Teddy" as a highlighter, a shadow, whatever... it's very a versatile palette. :) I actually bought this to use on my wedding day and made a great "classic bride" look (with maybe a touch of glam) using just these eye shadows. I'll definitely purchase again!

(I rated a 4 only because of the amount of glitter in the Nude, I literally had glitter all over my face after I was done *trying* applying it. lol)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2011 10:47:00 PM More reviews by BellaBoo86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchased this palette b/c I had pretty much given up on finding UD's Naked Palette. Well, I have them BOTH now, and I love them both! There's a lot of colors that are dupes between the two palettes, so if you can't wait to get a hold of Naked, this might get you your fix! I love the matte shades in the collection- very pigmented and very work appropriate. Honestly, I find all of the colors (minus Naked Beach) to be work safe. Naked Beach is just too glittery. I do use a body brush to dust some sparkle on my cheeks or shoulders before a fun night out tho, so no loss, just repurposed! The little cards included are helpful, I think, for nice no brainer looks that look very well put together. Also- if you are trying to decide between this one and the TF Naked Eye Palette, I find the Natural Eye palette is warmer toned, while the Naked Eye leans a little cooler. I recently recommended this to a coworker who's daughter is just starting into mu :.)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2011 9:34:00 PM More reviews by A7XSYNdrome

I love this palette! I really do love these shadows, but the ones I use most are the mattes. I wouldn't repurchase simply because I just want individual matte shadows. Other than that, the rest of the palette is really really nice, just a bit too shimmery for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2011 9:30:00 PM More reviews by ak0703

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

So far I'm loving this palette! The only shadow I'm not thrilled with is Nude Beach....I would compare this to Sidecar from UD Naked Palette. Nude Beach is just big chunks of glitter, not good if you wear contacts! Of course it has to be one of the bigger colors too :-( Besides that I love this palette!