April 19, 2014 | 1735 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash BIG

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2011 12:52:00 AM More reviews by sweetxcheeks195

This mascara was sooo bad!! it was not worth the price i paid maybe 12 dollars and i have never regretted buying anything more!! this mascara brush was bad it also makes you look like you have no lashes. it also doesnt last. after an hour my lashes wouldnt have a curl or anything. i would not recommend anyone to buy this product

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2011 1:45:00 PM More reviews by ksdjfklsdjf

Whenever I want to buy a beauty product, I almost always look up reviews on it before purchasing. I was in the store one day and was looking at this mascara and had tried the original in the past. I had a love/hate relationship with the original. The formula was sooo beautifully dark and made my lashes have the perfect curl all day but the brush I absolutely hated. The brush made it so hard to not have my lashes clump. So when I saw they had the same formula and finally changed the brush, I jumped on it without even reading the reviews. I am so glad did, because if I read the reviews I would have passed this up. It separates so nicely and is super buildable as advertised. One coat looks pretty but I usually do 2 or 3 and get little to no clumps. I found flaking to be very minimal, but for anyone that hates even a little flaking probably wouldn't like this mascara. This is my go to mascara from day to day. So glad I gave it a chance! I'll post a link to a picture below. Left is no mascara and the right is 3 coats of this mascara. I'll also just post the picture above.

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Pictures\no mascara - 3 coats.JPG
continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2011 4:24:00 PM More reviews by socialbutterfly221

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think it's an okay mascara. I adds a little length and volume but that's about it. I have tried better

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2011 6:23:00 AM More reviews by meganhuynh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall I was disappointed with this mascara. It didn't hold a curl for me, probably because it's a buildable formula and you have to layer it on to get decent coverage. It gave my lashes a bit more length and some volume. I experienced no clumping, but it smudged under my eyes after only four hours.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2011 6:05:00 PM More reviews by ClassicGlamour813

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to love this mascara, but lately I've gotten lots of smudges and clumping. It doesn't hold curl very well, and I find after a few hours that I need to re-use my eyelash curler if I want any volume. Another problem is the wand- it's so big that it's almost impossible to apply without getting some on the side of your nose or the browbone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2010 12:41:00 AM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I must be part of the lucky .003% that Great Lash chooses to actually work on. I think the trouble is that Great Lash typically won't give you something that wasn't there to start out with. You have to have pretty good lashes to like it. I have pretty good eyelashes and I tend to like Maybelline mascaras. I really like Great Lash BIG. The thin, Great Lash formula gives me a basic clean look: it covers evenly and the pigmentation is good. The standout feature of Great Lash BIG is the generous, fluffy brush, which coats my lashes well, even adding a little lengthening and thickening. It's a teeny bit longer than many mascara brushes and definitely wider in diameter. I love the brush and wish Full and Soft came with a brush like this one. The closest brush to this one in Maybelline mascaras is the brush for Colossal Volum' Express. Because of the brush, I'd consider repurchasing, but in general, I prefer a more dramatic mascara.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2010 9:40:00 PM More reviews by nicolegryne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So far so good. I bought this product before, but didn't like it. One of the makeup gurus from youtube suggested this and I thought I'd try it. I'm glad I did. I love the brush! Although I had to apply 3 coats, it was worth it. I received long, fluttery lashes. Love it!
EDIT: This is a nice mascara, however it dries fairly quickly!!! if you don't mind buying a new tube every week, go for it, however its not worth it. I like the brush, but thats about it!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/30/2010 10:44:00 PM More reviews by lucyann36

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I find this mascara dry and flaky. It has made its way to the back of the makeup drawer and I don't see myself bothering to use it again. I know it has its devotees; I guess it just isn't for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2010 10:05:00 AM More reviews by heartlee

This is my go-to mascara. I can't see spending $25+ on a mascara that is going to dry up in 2 weeks no matter what brand it is. At least I can afford to buy a new tube of GreatLashBIG that often! :)
It's so, so black which really makes your eyes pop. The original is good for bottom lashes or inside top corner lashes, but the BIG brush gets all the shorter lashes at the base and makes your lashes super full if you apply 2 to 3 light coats. I have short, blonde lashes so it's difficult to find a mascara that really makes a difference.
The only thing is it starts to flake off if you've been wearing it for 12+ hours.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2010 2:51:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

haters to the left! i like this mascara because it lifts the lashes. i curl them (they're long but stick straight), and then if i use this at the base, they keep that curl. i have to wipe excess off the brush but i do that with my lancome hypnose as well. i wanted it for the brush as i'm not a fan of the newer plastic types. however, the formula is a bit rich and tends to gunk up the brush a little. again, swipe some off and you're good to go. its a more intense glam look than i go for day to day, and usually i stick to l'oreal voluminous, but lately have been reaching for this to go out and its been working great to keep my lashes fluttery.