April 18, 2014 | 917 users online

Cleansers - Burt's Bees - Natural Acne Solutions - Purifying Gel Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2009 1:31:00 AM More reviews by XoXoSinCity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm in love as hands down this is the 1st and only ALL NATURAL cleanser that actualyl works! :) I have been on a green kick for the last year and have really switched so many products in my skin and haircare to organic lines as much as I have been able to. Not the easisest task and sadly certain organic products just aren't as effective as mainstream lines I use. Finding an organic deodorant and cleanser have been my biggest battles as I have tried them all, cleansers especially. This Burt's Acne Cleansing Gel surprisingly actually smells amazing (as most organic lines really do smell funky bottom line), ahs amazing ingredients, and actually shockingly manages to really deep clean my very stubborn clog prone skin without using any chemical, sulfates etc and still leaves my skin soft as silk and enver dries it out. I am sold as there is not one single con about this cleanser. YES it is a little liquidy so not too gel like as it's title but I don't really view taht as a con honestly because I have used other liquidy cleanser before and they last 50 times longer because the tinieest amount goes a long way. Try this product asap as it's great for any skintype for an amazing deep clean that doesn't strip your skin and has all natural ingredients that really do heal! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2009 9:55:00 PM More reviews by annabluebell

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this cleanser three days ago and I've been washing twice a day. I honestly see no difference in my skin. My past acne remains and if anything it's existed longer than my normal breakouts. I'd like to think that after a couple weeks of using this, my skin will be great...we'll just have to find out!

I got it for $10 so yeah kind of pricey. The bottle itself is a little awkward and difficult to dispense...but the product smells nice and naturey, I'm a fan.

I'll return and update.

UPDATE 10/29/09

This product works. I adore it. It's a bit drying but I fix that with Weleda Almond Oil lotion. Oh my god, love.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/3/2009 3:01:00 PM More reviews by grrrrrr

One month of use- Didn't do anything for me. I even leave it on for a couple of minutes so that it can work its "magic." Um.. nope. Nothing. Nada.
Edit: Two months of use- still doesn't work.
EDIT: Used up the whole bottle. Final judgment: It dried out my skin like no other, took copious amounts of water to rinse off, and didn't do a single thing for my acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2009 9:06:00 PM More reviews by lizzycurl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This has really helped my skin for the better. Not irritating at all, very gentle. I have dry skin so i do need to use a moisturizer after this but thats like every other cleanser. It does balance my skin so its not overly dry like most other acne cleansers. My only gripe is the consistancy.. too watery!!! i feel like i lose some every time i pour it out.. i wish it were a little thicker.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2009 3:27:00 AM More reviews by breebree89

Before I bought this product, I read the reviews on here, about how great it was and that your skin 'feels the way it's suppose to', and I was skeptical. I've tried A LOT of acne products over the past years (and I'm only 20), I've tried proactiv, neutrogena, clean & clear, acne free and lots of others, but they either made my skin worse, flaky, dry or oily. I have what I would say it between mild and severe, I break out more on that time of the month.
Anyways, I've been using the cleanser for a week and I must say I love the results! My skin does "feel the way it's suppose to"! It's smooth, supple, and has cleared up alot :D I'm also happy that it's basically almost 100% natural. It smells good, kinda cirtrusy/woodsy. It doesn't lather up alot, leaves me skin feeling squaky clean. Now I don't even have to wear as much makeup.
If you suffer from acne, mild or severe, I suggest this product! It's well worth the purchase! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2009 1:18:00 AM More reviews by imptwins

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I cannot recommend this product enough to anyone who has ever had to deal with acne! I am one of those people who have "tried everything"- I'm 34, and I've been dealing with moderate breakouts since I was 13. People often tell me I have "perfect" skin, but I've always had to wear mineral make-up and just got really good at hiding my blemishes- and I have a hard time not cringing when people compliment my skin, because if only they saw what it was really like.. (!) I've only been using natural products for the past 15 years, and had been spending tons of money on Dr. Hauschka's cleansing cream, clay mask and toner until now, alternating with Lush's Angels on Bare Skin, because those didn't aggrevate my skin, at least. They didn't keep me from breaking out, though, and sometimes they didn't help at all, depending on the state of my hormones! I was having one of the worst breakouts of my life a few weeks ago- unusually bad- and I decided to try this based on the few (but positive) reviews, and OH MY GOD- overnight, my skin changed dramatically! I *should* have porcelain skin, but rarely do, and this cleanser calmed my skin immediately and cleared it up within days. I love everything about it and will probably never use anything else from this point on- I was even able to give up toner altogether, and I don't even have to use a moisturizer afterward (although I did buy the accompanying moisturizer, which I'm about to try). Considering I was spending $30 to $60 on each Hauschka product before, a $10 bottle of cleanser is a dream. You really don't need to use much, so it will last a long time. I was originally going to pass it up because I've never had good results from salicylic acid products (I've also tried Nature's Gate, Collective Wellbeing and other natural brands, and they were too drying), but this cleanser is perfect- it's refreshing, clears your skin and doesn't dry at all. If I were rich, I'd buy a truckload of this stuff and give it to anyone I saw who has skin issues! It's amazing.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2009 2:44:00 PM More reviews by juneyb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This has cleared up my blackheads, oily skin, dry/flaky patches, and made my skin smooth. Wasn't sure about it since the price was little high ($9.99) but sure is worth it! You don't need alot so the bottle should last me a long time. Rinses off easy. Will sting your eyes if you are not careful. Will buy again!
PS The oiliness disappeared immediately with the first use but it took a little longer for the blackheads to shrink/disappear. But they haven't come back so can't complain.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2009 4:37:00 PM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This stuff is the absolute BEST! I got this free because I'm a BzzAgent. It's great stuff. Between this & the spot treatment I haven't had a breakout in over a month (even during hormonal times). I do have normal skin, no acne but breakouts weren't uncommon for me

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2009 10:31:00 PM More reviews by KatieHawk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

New Post: So i'm back! I have been using the cleanser for several weeks and I am still in love with it! My skin is spotless at this time which is absolutely amazing. I have spent the last 6 years of my life with painful acne and it is finally gone! I feel like this is a super success story and I really hope that if you try this product it works as well for you. No more wanting to hide my face. I feel like a truly natural beautiful woman for the first time in my life. I'm very satisfied with this product!

Original Post:I love this cleanser. I have moderate acne and have tried everything. I've even been to the Derm Dr. and was put on acne medicine, but I would still break out. I'm trying to take a more holistic approach to my skincare and this product is virtually natural (99.4%). This cleanser paired with the Burt's Bees Acne Solutions Moisturizing Lotion (100% natural) is working wonders for my skin. I've been using the product for about 5 days now and am very satisfied. I understand that I need to give it longer, so I will post again in several weeks on the results. Again, you have to use as directed to see the results. I've got my fingers crossed that it continues to work!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2009 1:00:00 PM More reviews by asiawall

Well, I just used this last night, but it seems pretty great. My face was less oily/broken out than usual this morning. It's a little tricky to use, I just poured it on my Clarisonic and mussed it up a bit, but it lathered pretty well, and it seemed to rinse off well. I will update later.