Bare Escentuals Flawless Definition mascara

3.8

Water (Aqua), Beeswax (Cera Alba), Stearic Acid, Diisostearoyl Trimethylpropane SiloxySilicate, Acrylates/Octylacrylamide Copolymer, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Silica, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Ozokerite, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Rhodochrosite Extract, Malachite Extract, Smithsonite Extract, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. ( /-):Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 6/20/2010 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have the worlds most difficult lashes....blonde and fine,and mascara either refuses to adhere to them or coats them in a thick,unnatural manner...
I had been using Shu Basic,which I adore,but 1,its 28,00 a tube and
2,it's hard to find ..I used to stock up at Sephora 2x a year but they stopped carrying in-store and it was frequently OOS,and now I think only available at Shu online....
Anyway,I ordered a duo of this from QVC and It's my new HG...coats every lash,no smudging or flaking off the ends of my fine lashes,looks about as natural as mascara CAN look on blonde lashes..love the brush too.
A tube is $18,but I went on AD w/QVC and it averages $15 a tube after s/h and tax....I am happy with that!

on 6/13/2010 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I had such high hopes for this mascara. When I tried it in the store, it was wonderful. When I got home and tried it, I was disappointed. I have done everything under the sun to get it to look like it did when I first tried it and nothing works. I have tried primer, no primer, 3 coats, etc. The main problem is that it doesn't do that good of a job at lengthening or thickening my lashes at all. The brush nicely separates the lashes, but it doesn't even give it that feathered effect. So, this will not be a repurchase. I still love my Magnascopic from Estee, even if it clumps a little, nothing else comes close to what it can do, including Dior Show (not too thrilled about that one either). Oh well, the search continues...

on 5/30/2010 2:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This mascara is pretty awesome it defiantly grabs every lash and is an intense black, its great for building and doesn't clump the only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because it does flake a little and does end up on the eyelids has the day goes on, but I'm going to try and find a good sealer.

on 5/12/2010 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have went through many mascaras and this is one of my everyday staples. I have long lashes normally but they are light so I picked this up in the black and it's perfect for my everday look. It makes my lashes noticable without looking like I was going out. It comes off easy without too much rubbing. If you are looking for a daytime mascara this is perfect.

on 5/9/2010 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I got this product as a sample so that's why I gave it a 1 in price category. I wouldn't buy this product. It didn't seperate my lashes as well as I hoped after seeing the brush. It didn't even make my lashes look fuller and thicker. I would rather spend my money on a lancome hypnose mascara.

on 4/30/2010 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Some people frustrate me, especially for those who rated this low for delivering no volume. First of all, nowhere on the packaging does it even mention being volumizing whatsoever.
"Our wand works like a 360 degree comb to deliver outstanding definition, length and lift without clumps. The seriously tapered tip reaches even the sneakiest lashes."
As far as I'm concerned, this delivers what it promises. The black shade is nice without being overwhelming, and defines every last lash without any clumps and adds some nice length and may lift a bit.
This is NOT intended to be a mascara for going out at night, but it is great for a nice clean and pretty look.
I've noticed that upon removal I've lost less eyelashes (BONUS)
I'm pretty oily but has stayed pretty smudge-free
The fact that it also is "paraben-free" and contains nicer ingredients is always good too.
*NOTE: Only thing I have noticed is that, as the brush is comb-like in feel, I'm afraid I'm effectively combing out my curl..but then again that only makes sense that it would...so not a problem.
**I may or may not repurchase because while this mascara does follow through, I'm rather fickle when it comes to mascara and always on the lookout to try new ones.**

on 4/26/2010 3:15:00 PM

I bought this mascara because lately my eyes have gotten dry and itchy after about 5 hours of wear. I tried changing mascaras and the same problem each time. So i turned to BE since they promote natural ingredients over the petroleum, glycerin type ones ( which freak me out and i want no where near my skin let alone my eyes!) So far I have had no itching or dryness. I will purchase again for sure. My only complaint is that it isn't a high impact mascara, which is why i didn't rate it a full 5 lippies. So far my entire makeup bag is going BM, so i am a fan.

on 4/25/2010 5:42:00 PM

This mascara is okay. Its good for a summer day when you dont feel like wearing any make up, just some light mascara. It doesnt clump which is good but its not volumizing at all and doesnt make your lashes thick, just makes them a little darker. I got it with my starter kit and Ill probably give it to my friend because she barely wears make up and likes light mascaras
Other BE products however are awesome. i got a lipstick (strawberry daquire i think is the name) and its awesome, love the color. and ive been using the make up for about a year now and I really dont think ill use anything else, its light and its the only thing that doesnt break me out.

on 4/22/2010 11:47:00 AM

I generally love BE products, this mascara is no exception. I love the rubbery wand, it just comes through you lashes, leaving them almost completely clump-free. i like to really build up the definition of my lashes, so i use multiple coats, allowing each 1 to dry slightly before adding another.
I got the black, it's quite black without being over the top death-tar black.

removal was easy enough with makeup removing wipes.

I didn't get an raccoon eyes or smudges after an 8 hour wear day on a humid s. fl day.

on 4/19/2010 8:45:00 PM

Can't believe this mascara doesn't have a rating over 4.0. I absolutely love this mascara. I got as part of B.E. Happiness Kit and I find myself reaching for it often in spite of the fact that I own about 6 other mascaras. The brush is one that subscribes to minimalist ideals without sacrificing volume, length or definition. Meaning it's not all bulky like ever mascara I own. It never clumps and glides on like a dream. I can't think of anything bad to say about this mascara except that I don't own more backups. LOL

Top Rated Bare Escentuals Products