August 20, 2014 | 803 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Matte Foundation spf 15

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 7:46:00 PM More reviews by klz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Being oily, and not wanting to wear a liquid foundation in the summer this product is great! I get great coverage without looking cakey or needing to reapply. It also feels like I have nothing on my skin, I just buff this into my skin and use the warmth over it and im ready to go.
P.S My personal opinion the matte foundation colors tend to run darker then the original, I tried original in fairly light and the color was fine, but in the matte it was wayyy to dark for me, I actually use the fair.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2013 11:32:00 AM More reviews by debbielj

I wanted to like it. I originally bought the original formula, but both powders enlarge pores and fine lines. it ages you. you look a lot older than you really are. I want to like it but i could not. I returned it for my money

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2013 10:23:00 AM More reviews by cherieyung

"matte", "powder" foundation? I never thought I would use such type of foundation and even never thought I will like it like now. I am happy with this product because of several good things it surprised me : it's not that "matte" actually the finish just perfect, no shine, not looking like a flat cakery mask. But it takes 20 mins to get this (now it's summer time and I sweat once I step out of my house). I'm using fair c10 (I'm Asian with fair skin, used to have rosacea) and the color is just neutral (slightly toward pink tone). The powder almost invisible when it set in and as the day goes by, it gives a luminous (very little) look; touch up is needed after a long work day before heading to dinner, as all other makeup. I do occasionally feel some sensation (when your skin is dry) on my face and; i'd intentionally look into the mirror and smile to test dryness, no extra dry lines; even seems look less! I think its easy to applysince, unlike liquid foundation it doesn't set on pores so one swirl/tap/buff on each side of the face is enough. Only nose needs extra care due to enlarged pores. Final thing is the price which is very reasonable, I bought the starter kit. I was using Cle de Peau (most expensive line from Shiseido which costs 4 times of BM); but due to the higher than I needed luminosity and moisture, I look oily and skin looks darken 30 mins after application on summer. Thats the reason i "drastically" changed to a powder foundation (with doubt at first). The other reason is i am being persuaded of how minerals powder is more healthy on skin than liquid for daily use, that's why I give it a go. Of coz, Cle de Peau does give more contouring than BM; so I'll keep it for winter time or at night when i need a more serious makeup. Yet, seems BM is less oxidise than CDP! The only problem is coverage of pores; I'd need to dap a tiny bit of Liquid foundation on my tip of nose to covers pores and blackheads. I have been using this 8 days in a row and am satisfied.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2013 7:31:00 AM More reviews by Yummy1Mummy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

What an enormous disappointment and waste of money!!! This foundation made my skin look orange, it did not give any coverage whatsoever and made me itch. It did not look good at all. And yes I did apply correctly after being shown by the consultant, I bought the right brushes, used their primer and did everything they said to do. I feel very cheated by this product. I know so many people rave about it and that's why I got it, but it sure didn't work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2013 10:17:00 PM More reviews by vsmini

I'm pretty pale but I can tan easily so in the summer I go for the Fairly Medium and it works out perfectly. I dust this over my face after I've applied a super light (partial) layer of Revlon's Photoready liquid foundation. The result is flawless skin. I'm even prone to the little tiny hairs on my face standing up when I apply powder foundation but it doesn't happen when I use this product.

I took off one lippie because, as others have said, something happens to this makeup after it's been on your skin for awhile. Some say it "oxidizes" but I'm not sure if that's what's really going on but it does seem to change color a bit, especially if you are out and about in the sun - it bronzes up a little bit and if not blended with the neck properly it can make your face look a little orange in comparison. That's why I'm now super careful to make sure I take the time to blend, blend, blend! Nothing is worse than a white neck and a tan face. Boo!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2013 8:13:00 AM More reviews by ibangal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I find that this product keep my skin matte longer than my MAC, loves it! MAC Studio Fix powder was my HG powder but it tends to look cakey after few hours. This dont. I normally use moisturizer then primer or bb cream under my foundation to have more coverage since i have bad acne scars. This makes my skin look natural with medium coverage.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/15/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by marseeuh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used the regular bare minerals and switched to the matte...terrible mistake. It clogged my pores, and broke me out and i never break out. I will discontinue using it....what a waste of money :(

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2013 2:25:00 PM More reviews by chihuaualover

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have tried this foundation plus the one in the compact, both horrible. I have oily acne prone skin and the sales person assured me this would "transform my face." I bought both of them from Macy's and (thank god) they let me return them for a full refund.

This foundation is anything but "Matte." I have never looked so oily in my entire life; disgusting. Not only did I look oily but this foundation settled into my "fine lines" making me look old, I AM ONLY 22 YEARS OLD! I have a few lines under my eyes from stress and simply because it runs in the family and it magnified them and made me look 30! This product also went deep into my pores, supposedly to "even out my pores", but it just made them 10x more noticeable. Completely clogged my skin! Also, when I first applied it the color match was great but after two hours of wear I look super orange (I have very pale skin).

Terrible, horrible, do not believe the hype!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by RMulieri

I got on another Bare minerals kick this past month after abandoning the brand 2 yrs ago .I am not sure I like it by itself ( I am NC20 and was color matched for Medium beige).It looks cakey even buffed like crazy ( even with the primer).But I do like it as a finishing powder over my MUFE Face and body foundation so I will use it like that .Maybe in the summer when I am an oil slick it might look better

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2013 8:46:00 PM More reviews by aggrolounge

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The color selection in this line is bizarre. I found myself settling on Fairly Light as the closest color. I have fair-light yellow-olive skin. What stinks is that this formula oxidizes like crazy! What was already a so-so match got very dark and peachy as the day progressed. I also noticed very little shine control, although this doesn't come as a surprise since any formula without talc doesn't seem to do anything for me in the oil control department.

I did enjoy the coverage I got from the powder, and the accompanying primer is quite good. I just won't repurchase because the cons are too much for me to overlook!