Bare Escentuals Matte Foundation spf 15

3.4

ACTIVE Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 15% and Zinc Oxide 5% INACTIVE ingredients: Lauroyl Lysine, Silica, Calcium Silicate, Soil Minerals. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 12/2/2013 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I like this foundation. Goes on smooth, great coverage (for a small amount of powder!) it's buildable, so you can have light to medium/full coverage. I hate how most powder foundations can feel heavy and slightly dirty on your skin, this didn't, it didn't feel like I was wearing make up at all. Hasn't irritated my skin (so far). It's a very fine powder and is complemented by the BareMinerals mineral veil, I was wearing this for a good 8/9 hours and looked as fresh as when I put it on, so it's a lasting foundation.

on 11/19/2013 9:23:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Being a guy I like to have foundation that covers up minor blemishes and looks like I have nothing on and finally I've found something that does. It feels and looks like you are bare faced yet offers a nice light coverage. On them dryer days I often use mac fix plus spray and it helps remove the powdery look that shows on dry skin. I recommend this for anybody with combination, normal to dry skin and are looking for a natural light coverage. The brush I find best goes with this is only £5 and is the the lumiere long handled kabuki brush

on 11/18/2013 1:03:00 PM

I have never used a lot of make up and with in the past few years started wearing foundation. I like bare minerals because its light/medium coverage and it helps cover up my redness from rosacea. My current issue with it is that if you have any dry areas on your face it really brings it out and makes your skin look flaky. Other than that I really do like it, my skin is EXTREAMLY sensitive and this does not cause me to have any rosacea flare ups or breakouts.

on 11/9/2013 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Looooove! This has the coverage of a liquid foundation. It feels great and the first time I wore it I couldn't stop looking at my skin in the mirror. I have high hopes for this. I will update in a few weeks if anything changes. For reference I am NC40 in MAC and I wear medium beige in this foundation.

update on 9/20/14: I've been wearing this foundation for almost a year now and I've come to the conclusion that this ages me. Since I started wearing it, fine lines have deepened and my skin is not as resilient as it used to be. Also, no matter what I do, this oxidizes on me like crazy and ends up making me look horrible within a couple of hours. My mom used drugstore powders/makeup all her life and gets told she looks like she's 30 all the time and she's 56! No lie. I think mineral makeup is just another hyped up product and I won't be using this anymore. I mean, if something is good for you, isn't it supposed to make you look better over time? Too bad this isn't the case with BE.

on 11/3/2013 11:07:00 PM

Since I turned past 50 I can't wear this product anymore. I loved it in my 40s but the powder now settles in my fine lines and exaggerates my pores. I tried their primer but it didn't help. So disappointed. Loved the way it felt on my skin!

on 11/3/2013 1:53:00 AM

I had never tried foundation before because I was terrified of breaking out from it, but this had never made me have a single breakout. I love the matte finish it gives, it's not too much but it is build able coverage! I love this foundation for me! The only complaint that I would have is that it doesn't last long enough, other than that it's great.

on 11/2/2013 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure

This is a pretty good day foundation as it feels light on the skin, a great colour match and never looks cakey but natural. The only problem is there just isn't enough coverage for my blemishes! You need to have a good concealer underneath to hide them. Although I will keep this as a day foundation until I find a better alternative (which I haven't and been using this for a year). The other good thing about this product is the tub lasts forever!

on 10/31/2013 10:40:00 PM

There's nothing like Bare Minerals. I used to use this, then ventured out into the world of liquid foundations. I never found anything that looked natural and didn't make my already dry skin look worse. Recently, I took this out to try to remember what I used to love about it. And automatically I fell back in love with this powder. It's so fine and smooth, natural look and feel AND doesn't highlight dry patches if you use a good moisturizer. I'm back to Bare Minerals for sure.

on 10/30/2013 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I was using Mary Kay's powder foundation, I loved it until I tried this! I get the one without SPF though because I don't like that SPF smell on my face, this really blends well and to me is full coverage, a major downside is if you lay down it will get on your pillow and it can get on your clothes, for sure apply after you are dressed!!!

on 10/14/2013 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

This is a great foundation for the summertime when you want something light on your skin. It doesn't provide the best coverage however, and it doesn't last longer than a few hours. It does provide great broad spectrum SPF protection, which again, is great in the summer.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Review/Comparison: BareMinerals vs. It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation Illumination by TheKatalicious17

Top Rated Bare Escentuals Products