April 23, 2014 | 1985 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Matte Foundation spf 15

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2012 11:42:00 PM More reviews by missjaylie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this foundation in Medium Beige on and off for 5 years. I find that this foundation only looks great when my skin is free from scarring and acne. It also causes massive breakouts during so summer so I only use it in the colder months. I'm also not too fond of the packaging - it's messy and annoying to carry around in my purse. With that being said, I will definitely be trying the READY foundation. This foundation also leaves my T-zone very shiny.

However, I like this foundation because it can be applied quick and easily, the coverage is pretty decent, the price is reasonable, and the product will last a long time even with everyday use. I will continue to repurchase this product until I find my holy grail foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2012 11:47:00 PM More reviews by Sunkissed101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing product! I use it over my concealer, and it makes my skin look very fresh. I haven't broken out because of it, and it doesn't appear to infuriate my somewhat-sensitive skin in any way. The packaging is ideal for a mineral powder, and it applies wonderfully to exfoliated, moisturized skin. It's very easy to put on, and provides excellently natural coverage. I think it will work for any skin type or skin color!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2012 8:13:00 PM More reviews by CODYKERI

Originally was happy, was decent coverage and I was happy that it was all natural but now realized it breaks me out. And I have 2 almost full blush and foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2012 5:18:00 PM More reviews by WhackyAki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my first mineral makeup purchase, so I can't really compare to other brands or even the original Bare Minerals formula. I have always used plain old Loreal True Match, but my skin started getting really itchy, dull and blotchy. Plus, for a while I wasn't liking the look of foundation on my skin (yuck).

I noticed BM had a matte foundation and I got matched to 1C Fair.I guess I am not yet used to having a foundation match my skin so perfectly and look completely natural.. It is a beautiful finish and look, but it is hard to get used to! For the record, I have normal skin, minimal breakouts.. I guess I don't REALLY need a foundation but I feel better with a more finished look.

I can say for sure that my skin has improved, the blotchiness has gone away and it's no longer itchy. The matte formula looks great on my skin - I'm not really into the dewy/sheer look. I find that my skin has improved naturally enough to have its own "glow" to it. By the end of the day, there are a couple cakey parts on my face but I suspect that's down to my application and I need to practice applying the powder more evenly. (I am using Sephora's mineral makeup brush to apply, plus I am using BM's Prime Time primer.) I will have to play around with how much primer is best, too.

All in all, I really like this stuff and it's growing on me. Like I said, it's hard to get used to this when you've been wearing foundation for years.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2012 9:03:00 AM More reviews by jmp24

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using the regular Bare Minerals foundation on and off for several years....this formula is not more mattifying than the original. It was also a few dollars more. I don't really have oily skin, but after an hour or two I look pretty shiny when wearing this. Definitely needs more touchups than the original formula.

I also noticed that the ounce weight of BE has gone down, while the price certainly hasn't. I mentioned to the girl at the store that there seemed to be less product, which she denied. I don't think she even knew - so when I got home, I checked the ounce weight on an older container I had and I was right - used to be nine ounces - now it's SIX!! Of course I understand times are changing, things get more expensive - I just think the employees at BE should know this AND divulge it to the customers, especially when they ask. Otherwise, it seems sneaky.

Oh well, I'm done with BE foundation anyway. I think the Prestige Skin Loving Minerals foundation is far superior. (see my review of this brand)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2012 6:43:00 AM More reviews by aimeet1984

I really want to love it Bare Minerals, but there is something about this that doesnt work as well for me as I would like.

My main issue with this product is the coverage - I have a few old acne scars and would like a little more cover. I would argue that it is buidlable, as if I use too much it looks extremely patchy and makes my pores look massive (especially on my nose). However, I prefer the idea of minerals over a liquid or creme powder foundation as they make me look like I am wearing a greasy mask and I have never been able to find one that is pale enough for my very fair skin.

I recently moved to the matte as my skin swings between dry and oily - and although it does even out skin tone and prevent shine, it looks a little too flat for my liking. I have been experimenting and found that to get the best look I need to use a primer (laura mercier suits me better than the bare minerals prime time), and I also need to dust a little of my previous mineral powder (The Body Shop Virgin Minerals) over the top to finish.

**(Virgin minerals by the way are awesome, they are halfway between shiny and matte and are a better colour shade for me. When my skin is dry I don't use the Bare minerals at all - just these and I love them. For times when my skin is oily I will probably continue to use the Bare Minerals....unless I come across anything better.)**

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 5:08:00 PM More reviews by sroberts89436

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I keep coming back to bare minerals for these reasons. #1 looks and feels natural. #2 no reactions. #3 does not settle in lines and actually smooths lines. #4 build able with out looking cakey.After trying to use other foundations for a year I have come back to bare minerals and realize I will never stray. For reference I have combo very sensitive acne skin. Go to a store that sells it and get a color and formula match. There are 3 formulas now.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2012 1:49:00 PM More reviews by youtriedjpg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really love this foundation. I have sensitive skin and this is one of the only foundations that don't cause break outs for me. It lasts and it gives your skin a natural glow. A little goes a long way with this product. I personally like the powder foundation even though it can get messy if you don't handle it right. With how much I've had to use every day I can tell it's going to last me a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2012 4:00:00 PM More reviews by biginagua

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been wearing BM for about a month now. I can tell a glow in my skin that wasn't there before. I missed using it in the summer (my skin is combination and very oily in the T-Zone), but it seems to work well during these cooler months. As I have gotten older (I'm 44, shhh don't tell anybody), I have gravitated towards wanting a more natural look. I think that heavy makeup look makes me look much older. It won't completely cover scarring or redness, at least not mine. I have to add some concealer to cover darker spots and redness from breakouts. So far, so good. Nice natural glow. When I want to glow more, I use extra moisturizer and a BB cream on top. Love it! I have used MK mineral powder in the past. It is a much heavier coverage than BM. I think the BM looks more natural.

It is very messy though, and I have had a hard time not making a mess. The MK jar is wider and less messy. I wish BM would make a wider jar; I think that would help. I just put down paper towels to minimize clean up time.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 7:20:00 AM More reviews by mellouise

After trying this for 2 months - it really does clear skin. I'd previously been using Revlon cs for about 15 years. So I tried this, and hey presto! Skin is unbelievably better. I've experimented with different ways of using this - I still haven't got there completely, but my skin is practically clear now so that doesn't matter as much. I think skin needs to breathe. So I use a gel moisturiser and then a primer (otherwise it doesn't stay on), and then buff on a layer. I'm NC20 and shade golden fair works for me, it's a bit darker than fair, but better undertones. Then I conceal, then apply another thin layer to take off the 'shine' from the concealer. Coverage is light, so you will need concealer. I still get shiny after a few hours, and still have large pores. I blot with a tissue then run my kabuki brush over my face - this seems to re-mattify it. I'm going to try mineral veil next to see if that helps.