Urban Decay Complexion Primer Potion - Pore Perfecting

2.9

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Dimethicone,Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer,Cyclopentasiloxane,Hexyl Laurate,Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate,PEG-10 Dimethicone,Phenoxyethanol,Stearic Acid,HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer,Alumina,Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil,Ethylhexylglycerin,Silica May Contain: CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide) (VEGAN)

on 5/2/2010 8:02:00 AM

Wow, I was just reading the other reviews here and I haven't had the same experiences as the majority of people here!! I only use a teeny amount per problem area (nose and part of cheeks closest to nose) and I loved it! It spreads really well for me, and blends clear. It has a lovely silky feeling as well. I used it on my mom as well and it did even more for her than it did for me. She loved it also. I havent had any problems with it drying white or gray. I cant make any comment about helping my makeup last because I am normally a tinted moisturizer or no foundation girl. I did use this product with UD cream to powder foundation in haze, but I think the problems I had with that combination stemmed from the foundation itself.
I marked this buy again, bought only if i got another FF discount. I would like to try the other pore primers out there because this was my first, so I may experiment a bit.
This product gets a thumbs up from me!

on 4/26/2010 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

So, I've had UD pore perfecting for a few days, worn it twice, and I'm pretty sure I'm in love.. I have EXTREMELY oily skin, we're talking like oily even when I'm still putting the finishing touches on my face when I'm getting ready. As far as I can tell, it's keeping the oil away for at least 3 hours. Not totally positive on how it keeps my makeup holding up; I still need to wear it a few more times to reallly be able to tell. It did survive a brutal shift at work today, though, which I sweated through. For the people who said it went on like glue: stop putting on so much! I put a tiny amount on every problem area, and it seems to be working well. I really hope this turns out to be my miracle product since I'm so excited about it. I have tried only one other primer before this, Smashbox photo finish light; and it was totally useless. So I absolutely do reccomend this, and will buy again! :)

on 4/25/2010 1:11:00 AM

It goes on real smooth, my foundation looks great on top of it. Really did minimize the appearance of my pores!!! It really gives me a flawless, airbrush look. I bought it mainly because I have HUGE pores on my face and it sucks haha. But this stuff really works.

on 4/17/2010 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got a free sample of this product from Ulta, and I really do like this product. It makes me skin look and feel extremely smooth. Its extremely easy to blend and a lot goes a long way. As a primer, I think its great.

However, I don't feel like it did anything for my pores. I don't have noticeable pores, so maybe that's why? Not much to minimize, perhaps? :p Also, its quite expensive and gives me almost the exact same result as the MAC primer which is much cheaper (the Urban Decay does make my skin a bit smoother, though). I probably won't ever purchase this product, I'll be sticking with MAC for now.

on 4/17/2010 3:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Excellent primer for eyeshadow, the consistancy is smooth.
The wand makes application a breeze, and it doesnt make your eyeshadow crease.

Cute packaging and great product.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

it didn't minimize my pores. it didn't really help control the oil. you don't need a lot. it glides on evenly and velvety smooth though. i wouldn't really buy it again. it was kinda expensive too. not really worth it.

on 3/21/2010 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Hoping this would be a great as the UDPP, but its not. Doesn't minimize pores as promised, doesn't help makeup stay on longer, doesn't control oil. Oh well, the search continues.

on 3/21/2010 5:34:00 PM

This product really didn't meet my expectations. Like many other ladies on here, I assumed that since the eyeshadow primer potion was such a hit, this would be a great primer for my face. I was less than impressed. This primer has an almost tacky consistency compared with any others I have used and I don't like that at all. It does what it says, but it makes me feel like I have too much product on my face and I hate that feeling. I definitely don't think it was worth what I paid for it, and I won't repurchase. Urban Decay let me down this time!

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I went to my local Sephora to get another UDPP. I switch between this and TFSI. Anyway, I saw this and got very excited!!! I thought, they do so well with e/s primer, this should be pretty good too. I have yet to find a facial primer that works for me. I asked for a sample and couldn't wait to try it.

Well, I was very disappointed. First of all the product feels smooth and silky, but as soon as I began to rub it in it became thick and tacky and hard to move around on my face. It also left a whitish, grey film behind. I waited for this to go away, but it never did. I thought it would dry to a clear finish. Now, I didn't put a lot of this on, b/c I didn't have alot. I used just a teensy bit on my finger tip and dotted onto my face. I was using a sample from Sephora.

I followed with my HG foundation MK med coverage and it applied well, and my skin / mu looked great. But now, my face looks a little ashy. I think the primer caused this. I'm going to wait and see how my m/u looks at the end of the day before I make my final judgement. I will update this review.

For reference: I'm a NC45/C7 in MAC and Bronze 1 / Bronze 507 in Mary Kay and I have dry, sensitve skin.

on 2/19/2010 5:38:00 PM

For a product that's aimed at people with oily skin, this sure did make my face oily! I checked my makeup in the mirror about four hours after I set my foundation with powder, all I could see was shine! Not a dewy glow, but massive amounts of oil. I blotted my face asap and the tissue was covered in oil. Eww! Normally, it's not half as bad after four hours. Didn't notice a difference in pore size or lines either.

I will give it credit in that it didn't irritate my skin and made my makeup go on smoother. Other than that, nope!

Popular Primer/ Correctors