April 20, 2014 | 1495 users online

Treatments - OPI - Nail Envy - Original

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2011 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Fluffludd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Blue

This is by far the worst nail treatment I have ever used on my nails. I've always had dry and brittle nails and because of this I have tried a lot of brands and treatments, and most of them has had some kind of effect, even if it's been a really tiny one, but Nail Envy has no effect watsoever on my nails. I really wanted this towork so I gave it 6 months before I gave up. Not only did my nails still break and split, it didn't do what I expect the most basic base coat to do: to protect my nails from staining.
Since then I've found that Trind Nail Repair works best for me, with Sally Hansen Nailgrowth Miracle on second place, So if your nails tend to behave like mine do and Nail Envy doesn't do the job, maybe you should try one of these instead.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2011 3:03:00 AM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this product, its the only one that strengthens my nails, which before was weak and soft. They bends easily and could not grow long without cracking and breaking. I could not use nail polish and this makes me sad. I've tried Poshe basecoat and Sally hansen's miracle growth. But they did nothing.

OPI's nail envy in addition to Solgar's skin nail hair supplement strengthened my nails. I can wear nail polish now. I've recently bought a second bottle in matt formula and love the finish better.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2011 3:40:00 AM More reviews by liveforever

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I'm going to be the rogue reviewer here and say that this stuff dried the crap out of my nails. Formaldehyde is listed twice as ingredients in this formulation and that alone should have served as a warning to me. When I was at my wits end I added my own drops of Almond Oil to this product in order to make it somewhat moisturizing. What's the point of strong nails if they are left bereft of all moisture?

And I won't be trying their other formulas. I think I'll continue the search for a formaldehyde free product that contains moisturizing ingredients that promote elasticity as well as strength.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2011 8:43:00 PM More reviews by nikolala

a year ago I was going through my sister in laws nail polishes looking for a simple clear coat when I came across nail envy. I tried it on and within two days my nails were noticeably longer and stronger. I thought it was amazing since I am a nail biter and often have short brittle nails. I love this product, its my go to nail savior. love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2011 8:55:00 PM More reviews by kaitholly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am loving this product! I got a baby sample in a kit that was on clearance from Ulta and after using for about 2 weeks, I can say I honestly have noticed a significant difference in my nails. For the first time, after many different nail growth products, my nails are growing in stronger and evenly and not breaking or bending as soon as they pass my finger tip a little. Normally, I can't keep my nails long for more than a day without them peeling, breaking, or something. I will continue using this until my sample runs out and then I'll bite the 16 dollars and purchase myself a new bottle. My only complaint is that it takes a bit to dry. I wish it dried instantaneously but I am willing to overlook it if these results keep up. I am one happy customer!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2011 3:49:00 PM More reviews by jess55

Well i definately delayed with buying this product as its so expensive,i paid 22euros.which is quite alot for a nail treatment in my opinion,one pay day i decided to splurge. My nails have no problem with growth however they are weak and split so they never really get anywhere. I find this has improved my nails,you are meant to apply to dry clean nails,it goes on very shiney i have to say but there definately is a yellow undertone to it.im kinda on the fence about it though although it has improved my nails,im not sure about the price and whether it is really worth it.im going to continue with it and see maybe in a month if i notice a vast difference that will warrant the price.all in all i have to say if you are happy to splash out i would recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2010 6:34:00 AM More reviews by Moodesty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm kinda lazy and I could not live with bare nails so I have probably not used it completely as it is intended. But what I do is that I always use it under my nail polish, and for me it is definetly making my nails better than without it, its no miracle cure but I never though it was either so I'm pretty happy with the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2010 12:20:00 PM More reviews by foofighter99

This is the HG of nail hardeners for me. I used to use Witchcraft Nail Hardener but I realised that it did nothing more for "strengthening" my nails as did clear nailpolish. I've also tried every Sally Hansen product in the line - nothing worked as well as this. I also have tried the Barielle nail hardener cream. Nothing works as well as this!

I have wanted pretty, well manicured nails since I was 9 years old. My nails have always been prone to peeling, weakness and tearing, they are just too soft to grow.

I bought this a while back and then forgot about it. It's like flossing the teeth - good for 3 months post dentist then slip back into forgetting to use. I rediscovered it and thought I'll give it a go and actuallly follow the instructions. I HAD LONG NAILS! To celebrate I actually went out and bought about 10 OPI nail polishes cause I love the colours.

The only caveat of this product I have experienced is that it gets quite thick in the bottle and it also has a tendency to make my nails look yellowish. I will try a base coat next time to see if this curtails this problem but I have a feeling that anything put on the nail for an extended period of time will warrant yellowed nails.

I am going to buy another bottle at the CosmoProf (Ontario) the next time I need hair supplies and will always just use this - why waste money on products that simply do not work? It is pricey even if you are a licensed and can purchase at a beauty supply store. I believe it's around $14.99 or $15.99. It's expensive but works.

DEFINITELY RECOMMEND TO TRY THIS PRODUCT if you have problems achieving any length to your natural nails! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2010 4:25:00 PM More reviews by sweetlaney

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

used this product made no difference to my nails, and i followed the instructions to the letter. i have soft,peeling splitting nails and they stayed that way. i have no problem growing nails but they tend to break easily if i knock them etc, such a shame as i had heard great things about OPI nail treatments.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2010 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Bridgetogrady

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was recomended this product after I had gel nails removed by my manicurist. I almost didn't purchase this due to the price (I believe I paid over $20CAD) but figured I'd give it a shot. It was totally worth it, and I now have been using it for almost a year. My nails can actually grow and are very strong. Ocassionally I apply a nail color on top and then another layer of the hardner on top, it still works great.

The only con I find is the it can chip after about 3 days but since it is clear it is very easy to reaply quickly and it does dry rather quickly.

Over all I would recomend this if you have brittle nails, it works much better then tipical drug store brands.