October 1, 2014 | 895 users online

Treatments - OPI - Nail Envy - Original

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2011 9:35:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

I got this as a gift and never really heard of it until then. I read some reviews and figured I'd give it a shot. I have the most stubborn thumb nail known to mankind...when it grows up so far it splits so far down my nail that it hurts when I have to trim it. The only thing that ever solved it was having LCN nails. I usually have perfectly manicured nails and a stub nail on my right hand - gross!

I read a few reviews saying this product cured split nails and I was excited to see if it would work for me. To my surprise, it worked wonders and my nail is now back to normal again! It grew up past the point and didn't split and is now the length of every other nail on both my hands! It has made my nails stronger and more resistant to breaks! It dries super fast and the brush (like all OPI polishes) is big and makes it easy to apply. I know a lot of people on here say its not a base coat....its a treatment but it totally doubles as a great basecoat. When I apply nail polish over this its way more smooth and adheres to my nail really well....making my manicure last at least 3-4 more days longer than usual (I use OPI's base coat normally).

The only downside was I find it did make my nails a little yellow. But I never wear my nails bare so its not a huge deal for me. Its not even noticeable...just a slight colour. I can't comment on the price - as it was a gift but its definitely worth the money and I will repurchase when I run out of the bottle I have.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2011 8:47:00 AM More reviews by envirolawgal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is not a good product. It's expensive. It turned my nails yellow and made them soft and start peeling. It does not work at all. Not sure what difference it made to the others for it to get such good reviews, but I would certainly never buy it again.

The OPI base coat polish, however, works great as a nail strengthener. It doesn't yellow your nails, and it protects them nicely either with color or without.

Don't waste your money on the OPI Nail Envy and purchase the OPI Base Coat instead.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2011 8:10:00 PM More reviews by RaiinbowEyes

I bought this product becuase of all the rave reviews all over the net. I hadn't really worn polish for years and a few months ago started having polish constantly on my nails. My nails were a little weak before, but did them in and they started peeling, breaking easily, being thin and bendy. I bought this even though it was expensive ($17!) and followed the instructions for 3 weeks. The first two weeks I thought maybe it was just taking it longer to do it's thing and I needed to give my nails time to grow out past the peeling parts. However on this third week I've realized my nails have grown far past those points and there is a LOT more new splitting and peeling going on than when I started!

I will admit the formula does keep the splits together and a little less fragile while it's on, but as soon as you get your hand wet and your nails bend it comes right off. How can this product hope to help with peeling and split nails when it can't stay on them? The past few days I would touch up my ends in an attempt to keep them from breaking off on the "off" days and all it did was turn those tips yellow and make them peel even worse!

Sorely disappointing for a product that costs so much!! $17 down and only splitting, breaking, peeling, yellow nails and 3 weeks of my time gone to show for it. Guess I'll have to keep looking for a nail repair/strengthening product that actually works!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2011 2:24:00 PM More reviews by MakeMeUpToo

My nails have always peeled, chipped, and broken easily my entire life and have never found a product that works for me. Until now. I've been using the "Sensitive & Peeling" version of Nail Envy and it is fantastic!! I have to use two coats, but it dries very fast so that's not a problem at all. Alone it makes my nails shiny and pretty. Sometimes I use it under a color and it works just as well. My nails are finally growing for the first time in my life. I just can't say enough good things about this product!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2011 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Fatang

I dearly wanted to love this product, but it really didn't deliver after months and months of religious use. My brittle nails broke off even easier, peeled, and turned quite yellow near the end. The only thing I really like about this product was the brush. I wish I didn't waste my money. It's not the worst thing I've ever used, but it definitely didn't live up to the hype.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2011 10:55:00 AM More reviews by grobanite19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this since Feb 2011, and I've never had better nails in my life!

Pros:
Dries SUPER fast!
Looks nice on it's own
Seems to last forever, I've hardly made a dent in the bottle after months!
Has made my nails long and healthy!!

Cons:
Expensive!! With tax I payed $20!

I am a forever fan of this! I use it 1-2 times a week, whenever I do a my nails. I just put a coat of the Envy on, and then put my nail color on and there you go! I don't use it as a top coat, or alone, I just put my favorite nail polish over it, and it's amazing! My nails have NEVER been this long or strong or looked so nice before! I will DEFINATLY buy this again!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/7/2011 10:35:00 AM More reviews by Rainey1

At first, I absolutely loved this stuff and raved about it, but after a month of use, I noticed that my nails were yellowy-orange and began wondering if I had some sort of medical disorder or nutrition deficiancy. I happened to Google yellow nails to see what I could find when I came across the link between using Nail Envy and yellow nails. It makes perfect sense seeing as I have been using it and am quite health conscious, taking vitamins regularly.
I have no idea why this yellowing happens to some of us but not all of us. My nails look horrible!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2011 11:04:00 PM More reviews by ontheglam

I had very high hopes for this product after reading steller reviews all over the internet. My nails are very thin, bendy, and often flake. I cannot grow them out as a result. I bought this product at Target, and they did not display the price. When I got up to pay for it and it rang in at $17, I thought, "wow, that's a lot, the reviews must be true if this is so expensive".
Well, I'm glad it worked for so many other people, but it has not worked for me. For one, when I wear this alone, my nails look yellow-tinged and gross. It works pretty good as a base coat- I noticed an improvement in the way my polish was adhering and I do not experience peeling like I usually do. So that's great- but I have used base coats that work much better for way less than $17 (Seche Clear, to be exact).
After using this product pretty regularly for months now, I have not noticed any significant improvement in the condition of my nails- they are still thin and flake easily. I will not buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2011 5:03:00 AM More reviews by mi2092

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really really hate the ORIGINAL one. Claims to help strengthen your nail but that's full of c**p! after using it as a base coat my nail is actually weaker and drier. waste of $$!!
I also have another one call MAINTENANCE, this one is acceptable compares to the ORIGINAL. but I still wouldn't buy it again because I don't believe the company would change the formula THAT MUCH.
so i went ahead and threw away the ORIGINAL and I will say BYE BYE to OPI Nail Envy once I'm done with the MAINTENANCE.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2011 4:40:00 PM More reviews by specialribbons

I've been using this for about 2 months and it definitely worked.
I've always had a hard time growing my nails because they tend to break easily =\ this made them stronger and less prone to breaking, but I still have the problem of the tips of my nails flaking off every now and then. I will purchase again because I do see an improvement, and if I stop using it they would be much worse off >_<
I have not had the problem of my nails turning yellow, they look healthy and brighter