October 23, 2014 | 1196 users online

Lip Gloss - Chanel - Glossimer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2008 5:28:00 PM More reviews by hounddog1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just think that this lipgloss is way overrated. I bought several of colors, Summer Plum, Blizzard, Equinoxe and Sideral. I found none of the colors flattering. Color payoff is poor and texture slightly sticky. I just think Revlon Super Lustrous lipglosses look way more flattering and feel better on the lips. I swapped away all the Chanel glosses and kept the Revlon glosses.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2008 12:14:00 PM More reviews by blueirisjazz

I don't get why people buy this stuff. The colors look really bad on me (I have fair skin), and they come off in about 10 minutes. They're not thick enough, and they aren't moisturizing. The shimmery ones way overdo the shimmer in my opinion, and they're really expensive as far as lip gloss goes. Chanel made a limited edition gloss one time that was pink and sheer (no sparkle), it looked amazing and stayed on. Why they don't do that with all of their glosses I will never understand.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2008 2:03:00 AM More reviews by yummyjujube

only bought it cause i was attracted to it. but it is a good gloss but it isnt worth the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2008 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Xiriah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm not really a fan of Chanel glossimers... I've tried Imaginaire (a purple color with shimmer) along with Constellation (a nude sheer shimmer color) and another sheer shimmer color that I forgot the name of and didn't really find anything special about them. I think they are way over priced ($25-26 for one). I must agree though that they have decent texture and are not sticky, but they are also not very pigmented. They aren't scented, which can be a plus, but I sometimes like having a pleasant smell to my lipglosses.

Compared to Clinique lipglosses, both are unscented and have somewhat similar texture. I think Clinique's lipglosses are a little thicker though (I'm referring to their glosswear and full potential lips glosses.)

Compared to Lancome's Juicy Tubes, Chanel glossimers are much less sticky and have no smell at all while Juicy Tubes tend to smell like anything foody (I've smelt caramel and fruit) to somewhat perfumey. I think some Juicy Tubes are more pigmented though (for example Exquisite.) However, glossimers with shimmer/glitter feel less 'gritty' compared to some Juicy Tubes with shimmer. (You hardly feel the glitter at all if any.)

Compared to MAC lipglasses, I find that lipglasses are much more pigmented than glossimers. Also, lipglasses tend to have a slight vanilla smell to them.

Price comparison:
Chanel Glossimer - $25 (Macy's) or $26 (Nordstrom)
MAC - $14
Lancome Juicy Tube - $18 (Lancome.com)
Clinique Full Potential Lips - $17.50
Clinique Glosswear - $14

Size comparison:
Chanel Glossimer - 0.19 OZ
MAC - 0.17 OZ
Lancome Juicy Tube - 0.5 OZ
Clinique Full Potential Lips - 0.16 OZ

***Forgot to mention, I took off one lippie for price, one for not much pigmentation and another for the size...which sort of corresponds to the price.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2008 8:52:00 AM More reviews by DebWil

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Summer Plum - Fabulously smooth, not sticky, wonderfully glossy as you would expect from a name like Chanel. Beautiful sheer plum color. Not too dark, but adds a touch of pigment to lips that are on the paler side. Also the perfect amount of shimmer. HG for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2008 6:03:00 AM More reviews by jenny_caroline80

Oh I just love this lipgloss, the colour is the perfect light milky pink. It stays on forever and keeps my lips moist and fantastic.
The only downside is that it is rather pricy.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2008 6:38:00 AM More reviews by monica4xx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't know exactly which colour i bought but it was a light, sparkly pink and i cant bear to part with it. this lip gloss is a dream come true! stays on for long, and the colour is absolutely fantastic. i would buy again & in various colours :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2008 11:27:00 PM More reviews by gagirl08

I just bought my second Glossimier the other day and I just love them, but they are really expensive like 24 USD, but worth every penny. I just love the splurge and I feel sexy when wearing this sheer sparkly glosses. The first one I bought was Crybaby and it was LE and I was so sad when it dried up, but now I bought one that is peachy-pink colored called Sesame and it is gorgeous and would suit every skin tone. It looks so pretty on the lips especially in time for spring. It feels very smooth and lasts longer than some other glosses I have tried. Give it a shot and you won't be sorry, but try on several colors at the makeup counter.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2008 5:46:00 PM More reviews by sanckensmom

I only have one color and it was a LE...this is my problem with the Glossimer and why I am scared to ever purchase another one....it bleeds on me...no matter how little I apply, no matter what lipliner I use, with or without lipstick..it bleeds...am I the only one this happens to with Chanel Glossimers or did I get a dud? Mail me please, I am super curious.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2008 2:03:00 PM More reviews by ninadelsol

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought 'Twinkle' and it is a great peachy pink with gold shimmer for my fair complexion and red hair. It gives my lips just the right amount of moisture and lasts for hours without the need for re-application. I am now on the quest to find the perfect non-shimmer glossimer, more cream than shimmer, because Twinkle is a bit too sparkly for daily use. But overall it is the BEST lip gloss I have ever used in my life and believe me, I've tried them all!

EDIT: Found the non-sparkly gloss I was looking for - CHANEL's Aqualumiere in Freeze. Absolutely beautiful!