Chanel Glossimer

4.3

on 7/11/2008 6:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Simply the best glosses I've ever used at any price. Beautiful shades, never clownish, just the right amount of shine and they last and last. I still miss discontinued Fig after all these years.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

Chanel Glossimers are the best lip glosses. They come in the most beautiful colors and have superior shine and staying power compared to other lip glosses. They have a non-sticky gel texture and are completely tasteless and scentless as well. The packaging is very classy and sophisticated. I've collected many colors over the years and they have been worth every penny.

on 6/27/2008 5:28:00 PM

I just think that this lipgloss is way overrated. I bought several of colors, Summer Plum, Blizzard, Equinoxe and Sideral. I found none of the colors flattering. Color payoff is poor and texture slightly sticky. I just think Revlon Super Lustrous lipglosses look way more flattering and feel better on the lips. I swapped away all the Chanel glosses and kept the Revlon glosses.

on 6/25/2008 12:14:00 PM

I don't get why people buy this stuff. The colors look really bad on me (I have fair skin), and they come off in about 10 minutes. They're not thick enough, and they aren't moisturizing. The shimmery ones way overdo the shimmer in my opinion, and they're really expensive as far as lip gloss goes. Chanel made a limited edition gloss one time that was pink and sheer (no sparkle), it looked amazing and stayed on. Why they don't do that with all of their glosses I will never understand.

on 6/7/2008 2:03:00 AM

only bought it cause i was attracted to it. but it is a good gloss but it isnt worth the price.

on 5/27/2008 5:16:00 PM

I'm not really a fan of Chanel glossimers... I've tried Imaginaire (a purple color with shimmer) along with Constellation (a nude sheer shimmer color) and another sheer shimmer color that I forgot the name of and didn't really find anything special about them. I think they are way over priced ($25-26 for one). I must agree though that they have decent texture and are not sticky, but they are also not very pigmented. They aren't scented, which can be a plus, but I sometimes like having a pleasant smell to my lipglosses.

Compared to Clinique lipglosses, both are unscented and have somewhat similar texture. I think Clinique's lipglosses are a little thicker though (I'm referring to their glosswear and full potential lips glosses.)

Compared to Lancome's Juicy Tubes, Chanel glossimers are much less sticky and have no smell at all while Juicy Tubes tend to smell like anything foody (I've smelt caramel and fruit) to somewhat perfumey. I think some Juicy Tubes are more pigmented though (for example Exquisite.) However, glossimers with shimmer/glitter feel less 'gritty' compared to some Juicy Tubes with shimmer. (You hardly feel the glitter at all if any.)

Compared to MAC lipglasses, I find that lipglasses are much more pigmented than glossimers. Also, lipglasses tend to have a slight vanilla smell to them.

Price comparison:
Chanel Glossimer - $25 (Macy's) or $26 (Nordstrom)
MAC - $14
Lancome Juicy Tube - $18 (Lancome.com)
Clinique Full Potential Lips - $17.50
Clinique Glosswear - $14

Size comparison:
Chanel Glossimer - 0.19 OZ
MAC - 0.17 OZ
Lancome Juicy Tube - 0.5 OZ
Clinique Full Potential Lips - 0.16 OZ

***Forgot to mention, I took off one lippie for price, one for not much pigmentation and another for the size...which sort of corresponds to the price.

on 5/26/2008 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Summer Plum - Fabulously smooth, not sticky, wonderfully glossy as you would expect from a name like Chanel. Beautiful sheer plum color. Not too dark, but adds a touch of pigment to lips that are on the paler side. Also the perfect amount of shimmer. HG for sure.

Oh I just love this lipgloss, the colour is the perfect light milky pink. It stays on forever and keeps my lips moist and fantastic.
The only downside is that it is rather pricy.

on 3/26/2008 6:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I don't know exactly which colour i bought but it was a light, sparkly pink and i cant bear to part with it. this lip gloss is a dream come true! stays on for long, and the colour is absolutely fantastic. i would buy again & in various colours :)

on 3/19/2008 11:27:00 PM

I just bought my second Glossimier the other day and I just love them, but they are really expensive like 24 USD, but worth every penny. I just love the splurge and I feel sexy when wearing this sheer sparkly glosses. The first one I bought was Crybaby and it was LE and I was so sad when it dried up, but now I bought one that is peachy-pink colored called Sesame and it is gorgeous and would suit every skin tone. It looks so pretty on the lips especially in time for spring. It feels very smooth and lasts longer than some other glosses I have tried. Give it a shot and you won't be sorry, but try on several colors at the makeup counter.

Recommended for Medium Skin