Maybelline Line Stiletto liquid eyeliner

3.7

on 7/11/2013 5:44:00 PM

The first time i used this eyeliner, i fell in LOVE. This is by far the best liquid eyeliner I have ever used. It has a flexible felt tip so your lines can be made super thin or thick to your liking. It is easy to apply and looks beautiful on. The lines are crisp and dark, and it lasts all day. However, if you plan to use this on your lower lash line, be careful, because it burns if it gets into your eyes. But other than that, I have restocked on this a million times, and will continue using it for as long as it's available.

on 7/6/2013 12:36:00 PM

By far one of the best liquid eyeliners I have tried in my entire life. It also costs about $5 which is pretty affordable to me. The flexible tip allows me to draw close to the lash line, make thin or thick lines, etc. It also doesn't smudge under your eyes or lids. Though I have normal (not oily) eyelids, this product also works great on oily eyelids. It's overall an AMAZING product. I would highly recommend it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my HG eyeliner. I use it in the color black. It stays on for hours.. does not peel or flake or rub off easily/ I use MAC Black Black pigment over it as a liner to give me that smokey look and it will last until I decide to take it off. All I realy ever ask in a liquid liner is to be easy to apply, dry fast, last long, don't peel or flake and don't dry up in the tube before I am finished with it. And for $7, this product succedes my expectatioons.

I use this product almost everyday and find it works really well. The tip works great and the eyeliner is extremely noticeable, unlike pencil eyeliners.

I have blonde hair which can make the black stand out almost too much, so I definitely recommend that if you have blonde hair to stay away from the Blackest Black and stick with just Black. It truly does make a difference.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I found that the pigmentation is great and very black but the liner starts to flake out during the day. Also, the liner in the bottle dries out quickly and after awhile the liner starts to get stringy or clumpy. I did enjoy the applicator though. I was very soft and flexible and i thought it was very easy to use. I did use all the product because I didn't want to waste it but I wouldn't repurchase.

on 6/22/2013 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

The pigmentation is pretty good, but the brush is too... soft and bendable for me. There wasn't any obnoxious smells, texture felt smooth, and it dries quickly. It did not last all day, half of my eyeliner was flaking (I have oily eyelids by the way). It would last about 4-5 hours.
It removes pretty easily, just with water. However, I didn't like it at all.

on 6/19/2013 1:52:00 AM

This eyeliner has a 3.7 average rating so it means a lot of people on here genuinely like it, which makes me wonder if I'm crazy to NOT like it at all. Sure when I first apply it the colour pigmentation is amazing, and I love the glossy look, and the tip applicator is relatively easy to use, but this is where it ends for me. I don't think this product wears for any more than 2 hours! I admit, I do have watery eyes and I do like to rub them from time to time during the day, but this stuff is just sooo easy to rub off. I can put a finger on it and gently swipe over it and I can see the trail of smudgy blackness across my face. I work in a cool office so there is no reason for this product to fade away so fast on me. Prior to this product I used Revlon Colorstay eyeliner and I found that it didn't have great staying power either, but the one thing it had on this eyeliner is that at least it didn't rub away so ugly. Like, I'm talking raccoon eyes. The last straw for me is the fact that it irritates my eyes whenever some happens to spill into my eyes when it gets teary. It burns! This has never happened to me with any other brands. I am going to go back to my trusty L'Oreal Linear Intense.

Hard to apply & it's pretty dry but it's still a good product & I'd buy it again.

on 6/16/2013 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Pros:
*Darkest Black is the PERFECT black.
*If I apply it in the morning I don't have to reapply till the evening. (I usually will have done a lot through out the day if I apply it in the morning)
*Easy glide
*Easy to create a dramatic look

Cons:
*Bottle doesn't last very long
*Have to dip a few times to get a dark line (which is annoying when you are trying to get one even stroke on your eye)
*Hard to create a super thin line because the tip is a little thick

on 6/14/2013 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I bought this years ago and only recently started using it semi-regularly, which may be why I have issues with this product. I quite like the packaging and the applicator, which makes this easy to apply--take it from someone who can't draw an even line to save her life. This dries quickly and doesn't smudge, but it flakes off throughout the day and you wind up with random gaps in your liner. As mentioned, this is an old bottle, which may be to blame. The color is very black, but dries too shiny for my taste--I prefer the matte look of gel or creme liner.