October 24, 2014 | 936 users online

Mascara - Giorgio Armani - Eyes to Kill

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2010 2:02:00 PM More reviews by edelk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this is a review for the original Eyes to Kill and also the Eyes to Kill extreme version (I think that is what is called - here in UK it is advertised as Megan Fox's Eyes to Kill. First, I love the original Eyes to Kill - it gives perfectly volumised huge lashes but still wispy enough to look natural and not an overloaded falsh lash effect mascara. The Eyes to Kill enhanced mascara has a similar, expensively and reassuringly heavy bullet but it is lacquered black rather than gunmetal grey and the finish is more wet look and bigger - but still separates nicely and doesnt clump on me. I think the original eyes to kill would be better for a day time look but the new one is a bit more lengthening and "ooomphy". These mascaras are both really good though.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2010 6:57:00 PM More reviews by Squimp

LOVE this mascara! I've tried like 10 different mascaras in the past year, and I think this is THE ONE for me! With Eyes to Kill, my lashes are dark, curled, LONG, and clump-free. Volume is created by coating every lash, not by sticking them together. It gives DRAMA without leaving excessive amount of paint on your lashes like so many other "volumizing" mascaras do. It fans out your lashes, which makes your eye look so much more open! The effect: clean, long, beautiful lashes that wear well ALL DAY. No flaking under my eyes by the end of the day! :)
In comparison with some other popular mascaras I have tried:
Diorshow: catches every lash but doesn't do much for me in terms of length. Bad tube?
Lancome Definicils: Doesn't catch every lash, they tend to stick together and volume isn't created.
Lancome Hypnose Drama: Clumpy, and the brush isn't very ergonomic. My lashes get thick and heavy with this one.
In terms of performance I definitely prefer Eyes to Kill to any other mascrara I have tried. On another note - the packaging is so awesome. It's this cold, heavy, metal tube. Nice weight in your hand as you apply the mascara, and it gives a satisfying click when you shut it.
Bravo, Mr. Armani. :D

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2010 6:39:00 PM More reviews by flybaby

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've used this for a while. Its about as close to a perfect mascara as I can imagine. It makes for feathery lashes with curl. The gun metal gray case is nice and heavy, and clicks when it is completely closed. I've not found any negatives (other than the price). I did recently purchase a Guerlain mascara, not due to dissatisfaction of Eyes to Kill, just difficulty in getting to a store that carries Armani cosmetics. I reviewed Le 2 de Guerlain - Volume Noir Laquer, comparing it to Armani, and there is a photo in Guerlain review showing me wearing both mascaras (one each eye) for comparison between the two.

Eyes to Kill lasts for 12+, does not make smudges below my eyes, does not flake. It holds the curl and is easy to remove. I will upload a photo taken in profile here, one coat of mascara. (it builds easily, and will give a lot of oomph if desired)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2010 4:37:00 PM More reviews by citygirl05

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have really, really tried to be happy with drugstore mascaras and have given them my best shot. There was one by Max Factor that I loved and then Prescriptives but they are no longer available.
Since then I have probably spent more combined money on drugstore brands than if I had just gotten dept. store mascara in the first place. Hence, GA "Eyes to Kill". Since buying anything GA cosmetics is a no-brainer for me I gave this a try earlier in the week after reading reviews here.
WONDERFUL!
In the heat and humidity of NYC yesterday my lashes stayed curled and did not wilt after more than 10 hours with this mascara. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2010 3:44:00 PM More reviews by IAMMCLOVIN

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is something like the shit. It volumizes, thickens, and lengthens all within a few strokes. It glides on easily, grasping and coating darn near every lash (even the ones you didn't know you had), and is also removed very easily when washing your face (huge plus for me because that waterproof shit drives me insane). If you're hesitant, buy it. This is my on-the-go, everyday use mascara, the only major step up from this one is my Serge Lutens Oeil Pour Oeil Mascara ($65.00) for when I want to really break some necks.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2010 9:36:00 AM More reviews by Wippy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS MASCARA!!

I just bought this yesterday and already I love it. It is dramatic, it lengthens and defines but unlike everything else I've ever tried like it, it does not leave me with raccoon eyes after a few hours.
No flaking or smudging like DiorShow or many Maybelline mascaras.

It goes on amazingly too, so smooth. I don't know what Tefferific is talking about below, with the bottom lashes. I have really long top and bottom lashes and either way Eyes To Kill worked wonderfully for me. Right now, 12 hours after first applying my eyes look exactly the same as when I first applied. I have not been able to say this ever before. Plus my lashes look super long and my eyes are really defined.

My only problem is the price. A$55! OMG! But at the Armani counter in DJ in Sydney City the rep said that over 7% of sales is made up of just this product, so clearly lots of other people don't find that very expensive.
I will be repurchasing. Although it's expensive I don't like spending less and totally wasting my money.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2010 4:02:00 AM More reviews by Tifferific

I have the waterproof one. I'm kind of underwhelmed. It does thicken, lengthen, separate, and blacken decently well. But definitely NOT amazing by any means. Just decent. But hey, that's saying something, seeing as how I think most mascaras suck, haha. But I really expected more from the Armani name & price. Not really worth it. Honestly, you can get the exact same results from a drug store mascara.

GOOD:
~Separates lashes pretty well.[not perfectly, but tons better than most]
~Does not leave them hard/crunchy
~Waterproof.
~Holds curl
~It is the easiest to remove WP mascara I've ever used! I was rather surprised.
~Gotta love the packaging.

BAD:
~Formula is a bit dry. [maybe just a bad tube? hm.]
~If you are not careful, it WILL get clumpy.
~TERRIBLE for lower lashes. It just does not work. It always makes a mess. I actually have to use a separate mascara for my lowers.

So I probably wouldn't repurchase. But I will say, if I use 2 coats of this, +1 coat of Maybelline Full n Soft (wp), +1 more coat of this, then 1 more coat of FnS, it creates the most beautiful lashes ever! Seriously. The FnS kind of smoothes out the clumps from the Eyes to Kill. It's kind of amazing, cuz the FnS is perfect for layering, because it separates every single lash, with zero clumps. It is a very light formula. That's why it's perfect with Eyes to Kill. The Eyes brings the drama, and the FnS enhances it perfectly, WITHOUT the typical clumped-up, goopy mess that is typical of layering.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2010 1:14:00 PM More reviews by MYCATSHADOW

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the mascara that I've been searching for my entire life!!! This is my HG mascara without a doubt! I've had such a difficult time trying to find THE mascara for me. I have extremely sensitive eyes & I wear contact lenses. I suffer from chronic dry eye so that makes shopping for the perfect mascara a difficult task. My mascara goal was to find one that gave me EXTREME, DRAMATIC lashes, as well as as not smudge, & feel EXTREMELY comfortable & lightweight. I expect all of these features to last from the time I apply my mascara in the morning until I take it off in the evening. You mascara gurus know exactly how hard it is to find one just like that... Well Eyes To Kill IS all of that!!! I'm so picky with my mascara. I've tried all of the ones featured in Sephora as well as M.A.C. Nothing comes close to touching Eyes To Kill!!! The name says it all! This mascara definitely gives you an "Eyes to kill for look..." It's also very user friendly & comfortable to hold. No smudging when applying, ULTRA DRAMATIC lashes, so comfortable, & it doesn't take that long to apply. I feel that it takes me less time to apply this mascara as compared to other brands. It's very good to use if you are not very good @ applying mascara. This is a definite must have mascara! This is definitely worth every penny. I can't say enough good things about it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2010 1:32:00 PM More reviews by panties

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i first got a sample of this thanks to my MA who used to work at GA. needless to say, this stuff is AMAZING. no clumpiness, no flakey or smudging. My mom wore this to a funeral and no signs of runny mascara (this isn't the waterproof one).

I've tried many other mascaras from Dior, YSL, maybelliene, cover girl, lancome, among many others.

needless to say this stuff is AMAZING. i'm on my 2nd tube of this. This mascara gives you instant DRAMA. it looks like i have false eyelashes due to the length and volume that this mascara provides.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2010 2:47:00 PM More reviews by Quilley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This might possibly be the best mascara on the market today. It should be! It's $30.00. Fortunately mine was a gift. I would consider buying though based on the fact that it does everything a high-end mascara should. The brush cap seems weighted, si it really sits nicely in the hand. The brush is mid-thickness, meaning not too narrow and not too fat as is the Maybelline Collosal, etc. The formula seems to be dense enough, but unlike its rivals, is lighweight and you can build up your coats without fear of clumping - if you build slowly and carefully. It wears like iron. No smudges at all, your lashes feel soft and flexible and the pigment, although not intensely black like the Dior Show, is reasonably intense.