April 19, 2014 | 1748 users online

Mascara - Giorgio Armani - Eyes to Kill

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2010 9:36:00 AM More reviews by Wippy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS MASCARA!!

I just bought this yesterday and already I love it. It is dramatic, it lengthens and defines but unlike everything else I've ever tried like it, it does not leave me with raccoon eyes after a few hours.
No flaking or smudging like DiorShow or many Maybelline mascaras.

It goes on amazingly too, so smooth. I don't know what Tefferific is talking about below, with the bottom lashes. I have really long top and bottom lashes and either way Eyes To Kill worked wonderfully for me. Right now, 12 hours after first applying my eyes look exactly the same as when I first applied. I have not been able to say this ever before. Plus my lashes look super long and my eyes are really defined.

My only problem is the price. A$55! OMG! But at the Armani counter in DJ in Sydney City the rep said that over 7% of sales is made up of just this product, so clearly lots of other people don't find that very expensive.
I will be repurchasing. Although it's expensive I don't like spending less and totally wasting my money.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2010 4:02:00 AM More reviews by Tifferific

I have the waterproof one. I'm kind of underwhelmed. It does thicken, lengthen, separate, and blacken decently well. But definitely NOT amazing by any means. Just decent. But hey, that's saying something, seeing as how I think most mascaras suck, haha. But I really expected more from the Armani name & price. Not really worth it. Honestly, you can get the exact same results from a drug store mascara.

GOOD:
~Separates lashes pretty well.[not perfectly, but tons better than most]
~Does not leave them hard/crunchy
~Waterproof.
~Holds curl
~It is the easiest to remove WP mascara I've ever used! I was rather surprised.
~Gotta love the packaging.

BAD:
~Formula is a bit dry. [maybe just a bad tube? hm.]
~If you are not careful, it WILL get clumpy.
~TERRIBLE for lower lashes. It just does not work. It always makes a mess. I actually have to use a separate mascara for my lowers.

So I probably wouldn't repurchase. But I will say, if I use 2 coats of this, +1 coat of Maybelline Full n Soft (wp), +1 more coat of this, then 1 more coat of FnS, it creates the most beautiful lashes ever! Seriously. The FnS kind of smoothes out the clumps from the Eyes to Kill. It's kind of amazing, cuz the FnS is perfect for layering, because it separates every single lash, with zero clumps. It is a very light formula. That's why it's perfect with Eyes to Kill. The Eyes brings the drama, and the FnS enhances it perfectly, WITHOUT the typical clumped-up, goopy mess that is typical of layering.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2010 1:14:00 PM More reviews by MYCATSHADOW

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the mascara that I've been searching for my entire life!!! This is my HG mascara without a doubt! I've had such a difficult time trying to find THE mascara for me. I have extremely sensitive eyes & I wear contact lenses. I suffer from chronic dry eye so that makes shopping for the perfect mascara a difficult task. My mascara goal was to find one that gave me EXTREME, DRAMATIC lashes, as well as as not smudge, & feel EXTREMELY comfortable & lightweight. I expect all of these features to last from the time I apply my mascara in the morning until I take it off in the evening. You mascara gurus know exactly how hard it is to find one just like that... Well Eyes To Kill IS all of that!!! I'm so picky with my mascara. I've tried all of the ones featured in Sephora as well as M.A.C. Nothing comes close to touching Eyes To Kill!!! The name says it all! This mascara definitely gives you an "Eyes to kill for look..." It's also very user friendly & comfortable to hold. No smudging when applying, ULTRA DRAMATIC lashes, so comfortable, & it doesn't take that long to apply. I feel that it takes me less time to apply this mascara as compared to other brands. It's very good to use if you are not very good @ applying mascara. This is a definite must have mascara! This is definitely worth every penny. I can't say enough good things about it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2010 1:32:00 PM More reviews by panties

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i first got a sample of this thanks to my MA who used to work at GA. needless to say, this stuff is AMAZING. no clumpiness, no flakey or smudging. My mom wore this to a funeral and no signs of runny mascara (this isn't the waterproof one).

I've tried many other mascaras from Dior, YSL, maybelliene, cover girl, lancome, among many others.

needless to say this stuff is AMAZING. i'm on my 2nd tube of this. This mascara gives you instant DRAMA. it looks like i have false eyelashes due to the length and volume that this mascara provides.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2010 2:47:00 PM More reviews by Quilley

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This might possibly be the best mascara on the market today. It should be! It's $30.00. Fortunately mine was a gift. I would consider buying though based on the fact that it does everything a high-end mascara should. The brush cap seems weighted, si it really sits nicely in the hand. The brush is mid-thickness, meaning not too narrow and not too fat as is the Maybelline Collosal, etc. The formula seems to be dense enough, but unlike its rivals, is lighweight and you can build up your coats without fear of clumping - if you build slowly and carefully. It wears like iron. No smudges at all, your lashes feel soft and flexible and the pigment, although not intensely black like the Dior Show, is reasonably intense.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2010 10:54:00 AM More reviews by joshquinto

I was not impressed. DIOR show is still the best for me. I have thin eye lashes so this mascara made it thinner. me no likey.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2010 5:05:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my favorite mascaras. It does exactly what it promises-- gives me amazingly long, thick lashes while maintaining a gorgeous fluttery effect. I love dramatic lashes without any heaviness or clumpiness. My lashes look very lush but I can still have that softness that's so appealing. Whereas I used to often reach for YSL Faux Cils for tons of volume, I do think it's clumpy and can sometimes just look too fake and overdone. This is the perfect solution so I can have the best of both worlds.

The color is a very true, intense black that looks somewhat glossy so my lashes have a sort of healthy glint. The separation is surprising given the amount of volume. It dries fairly fast but I find that I don't have to apply as many coats as I normally would with my other mascaras.

This would get 5 lippies from me except that it doesn't hold a curl as well as I'd like it to. It doesn't pull my curl out entirely, but it does sort of straighten the very tips a little. That really isn't a problem at all given how beautiful this makes my lashes. I've repurchased this twice now, and I'll keep buying in the future as long as they keep making it. I also own the waterproof version as it's great as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2010 2:20:00 AM More reviews by ntorki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's kind of hard to find, usually only in Saks or Neimans, but I like this mascara. I have long lashes and I'm not really concerned with finding a lengthening mascara. My main concern is getting volume and having them be even darker than they already are, especially at the base. In the beginning I was obsessed with this mascara, but now I think I might start searching for a new one. Don't get me wrong, it's actually pretty amazing...I think I might just be the one getting bored with it. But for all parties interested---a very nice thick brush that applies the mascara evenly. It has a very nice dark pigment and it stays put all day (no flaking, no running). I actually like how the whole packaging of the mascara is so heavy. If you apply it correctly it really does go on nicely, gives you the volume and also does add length to the lashes.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2010 1:48:00 AM More reviews by cat9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i was SO disappointed in this mascara. luckily i received it as a gift so didn't personally shell out whatever exorbitant amount it cost in hk ($30 US, maybe?), but still, blegh. this did NOT live up to the hype for me.

the formula was a really wet, soft black, which immediately undid any curl or definition in my lashes and made them kind of hang down indistinguishably in a sodden fringe. for the record, my lashes are long but thin, and this just made them look... invisible from a head-on view (i'm sure they looked long from above, or so my SO commented, but eh). any attempts to build on coverage just resulted in stumpy, ashy little clumps. i've never seen my lashes look so bad!

the packaging is gorgeous, yes, but now that i've gotten ahold of my HG again (l'oreal voluminous waterproof in black) i fear it's just going to sit around looking decorative. guess i'll have to find some non-squeamish friend who's willing to try and take this off my hands.

MASSIVE waste of money for me. if you're going to go for a high-end mascara with beautiful packaging, at least do ysl's faux cils, which actually works nicely.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2010 4:30:00 PM More reviews by jumpsnoopy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Love love love the way this mascara makes my eyelashes look... hate hate hate how it flakes off and ends up underneath my eyes by the afternoon. I'm so disappointed because this product is perfect in fullness/length/blackness, but I can't deal with looking like a raccoon, so that ruined it for me.