December 22, 2014 | 907 users online

Liquid - Boots - Lifting & Firming Foundation SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2010 8:30:00 AM More reviews by NotRichEnough

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had to buy this product from Drugstore.com as the Target stores in my area did not carry the lightest shade (porcelain). I too am cursed with a very pale, yellow based skintone and colorwise this is one of the best foundation matches for me ever. I've been using the foundation daily for about a month, and while it doesn't last as long as Revlon Colorstay, it's a lot easier to remove! I haven't noticed it lifting or firming, but it's a decent foundation for the price with medium coverage that lasts for at least 8 hours. I'll probably have to return to Colorstay during the hot, humid summer months, but this is a nice alternative during the cooler weather.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2010 10:39:00 AM More reviews by boezoe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this foundation a few times per week for a few months now. I have dry skin & this has kept my skin looking dewey throughout my work day & into the night. Sometimes I don't set with powder, just blot a few times in t-zone & it looks just as good & lasts the same. It also wears the same with or without primer. It has a satin finish. I have the color Nude, which is quite yellow but blends in nicely. I use a damp Sonia Kashuk blue sponge to apply. I purchased at Target for about $15. The bottle has a pump & is frosted glass. It's a great foundation & I will repurchase when I run out.
Edit: 12-6-10
I have been using my foundation brush with this foundation for the past week & I like using it just as much as a sponge. It blends in so nicely & creates a great glow. I lightly powder on top just in the t-zone. Still loving it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2010 4:18:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

This has the same pump and bottle as the High Lights lotion, which I love. You can get a very small amount with little pressure on the pump. It's a satin finish so it's a good option for oily and dry skin. If you need extra moisture use a light face lotion or serum under it (Boots makes one of those too). If you have oily skin use an HD powder or a fine powder like Maybelline Dream Matte pressed powder. Those won't change the look of the foundation too much and will only reduce shine and set the foundation. Even if you don't have mature skin, anti aging foundations are very good for those with dry skin. It's being compared to several expensive foundations, and I have to to agree it's a contender.
New Ivory- is a beige tone for fair skin.
Nude- is VERY yellow so beware of that.
Blonde- has a beige tone for light/medium skin. I chose this shade because it's the most versatile year round.
Vanilla- is more tan than beige.
These are all of the shades that I tested, but I've heard there is a lighter shade called Porcelain but I haven't seen it.

15 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2010 3:11:00 AM More reviews by rhondawibmer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is better than lancome regenerie foundation. It is the perfect foundation for dry to combo skin. it blends nicely and has moderate to semi full coverage. doesnt settle into fine lines and wrinkles.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2010 1:41:00 PM More reviews by timtimmcgee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

it was amazing! I would buy it again! The product did exactly what it said it would and worked great even with my oily skin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2010 10:34:00 AM More reviews by kbugg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This may be the best kept secret in the makeup world!

I really love this foundation. I need a liquid for the upcoming winter months since my skin is now much drier. It has a beautiful finish, almost glowing but without sparkles or shimmer. Looks like my skin only MUCH better, LOL! I do apply a moisturizer and sometimes use primer for long days or when I want to look flawless, then I top it off with BE Matte foundation for a perfect finish.

This is dept-store quality foundation for $15. Can't beat the price for the quality.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2010 11:26:00 AM More reviews by 1290145

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It has been a couple weeks and it is time for a review...
Pros:
-Best packaging for a drugstore foundation I have ever seen.
-The shades are mostly yellow based, which is hard to find at the drugstore. (I am NC30 and wear nude.. it's too light, but It works because of the yellow undertones)
-You can build the coverage... anything from light to a good medium.
-Undetectable on the skin.
-Very easy to blend.
-Moisturizing.
-No breakouts
Cons:
-May be not enough coverage for some.
-Only sold at Target in the US.

I love it almost as much as Sheer Glow

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2010 8:10:00 PM More reviews by chiggy5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased the shade Nude and have had this for several weeks now. My first thought...Holy yellow!, eventhough I've seen it on you tube and most responses were that it was pretty yellow, it's a little different IRL. I pretty much have the same opinion now as I did the first time I used it which is it is the shade Fairly Light in B.E. in a liquid form. I had to experiment with this alot because it is so dry immediately upon application and is very difficult to blend. So more moisturizer, more facial primer, different moisturizer, shaking the bottle more before application and no difference, it's a dry foundation. I am a normal skin type so perhaps if your on the oily side this would work for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2010 5:20:00 PM More reviews by andreayung23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely wonderful. Excellent coverage that still looks natural, stays put all day, and sunblock to boot. What's not to love? This foundation is extremely yellow immediately out of the bottle, but to my surprise it blends so well, and is the best color match for my skin I've ever had (and I used to have Prescriptives custom color match for me). It's literally like photoshop for the face. You put it on, and ta-da, airbrushed, glowing skin.

I've also got oily skin and this doesn't slide off, and keeps me shine-free all day. Unheard of! Definitely a winner and my new HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2010 11:25:00 AM More reviews by espinosa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My eternal quest for an HG foundation has led me to become a foundation junkie. I have tried so many over the years, and not once repurchased one. I was heading to Target and decided to look up reviews on brands only sold there here in the US and chose to purchase this based on the good reviews. I can't say I was expecting much from a $15 foundation no one's ever heard of, and one aimed at mature ladies (and men! ;)) but I am pleasantly surprised. This stuff makes me glow from within. It's fairly light coverage, very liquidy, but one pump is all your need to cover your face. I like to stipple it on with a 188, and it gives me flawless skin. It evens my skintone and gives me such a nice, radiant glow with a satiny finish. I'm not sure if it's my HG, but out of all the foundations I've tried, HE to drugstore, it's my favorite and I'm likely to repurchase.

***I wear NC30 in MAC, 127 in MUFE HD, and Punjab in NARS SG, & Vanilla is a perfect match for me.***

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No