Boots Lifting & Firming Foundation SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

Boots  Lifting & Firming Foundation SPF 15  [DISCONTINUED]
image 1image 2image 3

4.2

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 5%; Titanium Dioxide 1.6% ; Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (Water, Eau); Cyclopentasiloxane; Butylene Glycol; Cyclohexasiloxane; Ethythexyl Stearate; Dimethicone; Mica; Phenyl Trimethicone; Disteardimonium Hectorite; Dimethicone Copolyol; Magnesium Sulfate; Glycerin; Phenoxyethanol; Cetyl Polyethylene Glycol/Polypropylene Glycol; 10/1 Dimethicone; Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline; Hexyl Laurate; Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate; Propylene Carbonate; Aluminum Hydroxide; Stearic Acid; Triethoxycaprylylsilane; Methylparaben; Isopropyl Palmitate; Butylparaben; Ethylparaben; Lupinus Albus Seed Extract; Lecithin;Tetrasodium EDTA; Carbomer; Propylparaben; Isobutylparaben; Polysorbate 20; Butylated Hydroxytoluene; Palmitoyl Oligopeptide; Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-3; [ /- (May Contain/Peut Contenir) Titanium Dioxide; Iron Oxides]

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This has the same pump and bottle as the High Lights lotion, which I love. You can get a very small amount with little pressure on the pump. It's a satin finish so it's a good option for oily and dry skin. If you need extra moisture use a light face lotion or serum under it (Boots makes one of those too). If you have oily skin use an HD powder or a fine powder like Maybelline Dream Matte pressed powder. Those won't change the look of the foundation too much and will only reduce shine and set the foundation. Even if you don't have mature skin, anti aging foundations are very good for those with dry skin. It's being compared to several expensive foundations, and I have to to agree it's a contender.
New Ivory- is a beige tone for fair skin.
Nude- is VERY yellow so beware of that.
Blonde- has a beige tone for light/medium skin. I chose this shade because it's the most versatile year round.
Vanilla- is more tan than beige.
These are all of the shades that I tested, but I've heard there is a lighter shade called Porcelain but I haven't seen it.

this is better than lancome regenerie foundation. It is the perfect foundation for dry to combo skin. it blends nicely and has moderate to semi full coverage. doesnt settle into fine lines and wrinkles.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

it was amazing! I would buy it again! The product did exactly what it said it would and worked great even with my oily skin

This may be the best kept secret in the makeup world!

I really love this foundation. I need a liquid for the upcoming winter months since my skin is now much drier. It has a beautiful finish, almost glowing but without sparkles or shimmer. Looks like my skin only MUCH better, LOL! I do apply a moisturizer and sometimes use primer for long days or when I want to look flawless, then I top it off with BE Matte foundation for a perfect finish.

This is dept-store quality foundation for $15. Can't beat the price for the quality.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

It has been a couple weeks and it is time for a review...
Pros:
-Best packaging for a drugstore foundation I have ever seen.
-The shades are mostly yellow based, which is hard to find at the drugstore. (I am NC30 and wear nude.. it's too light, but It works because of the yellow undertones)
-You can build the coverage... anything from light to a good medium.
-Undetectable on the skin.
-Very easy to blend.
-Moisturizing.
-No breakouts
Cons:
-May be not enough coverage for some.
-Only sold at Target in the US.

I love it almost as much as Sheer Glow

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I purchased the shade Nude and have had this for several weeks now. My first thought...Holy yellow!, eventhough I've seen it on you tube and most responses were that it was pretty yellow, it's a little different IRL. I pretty much have the same opinion now as I did the first time I used it which is it is the shade Fairly Light in B.E. in a liquid form. I had to experiment with this alot because it is so dry immediately upon application and is very difficult to blend. So more moisturizer, more facial primer, different moisturizer, shaking the bottle more before application and no difference, it's a dry foundation. I am a normal skin type so perhaps if your on the oily side this would work for you.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Absolutely wonderful. Excellent coverage that still looks natural, stays put all day, and sunblock to boot. What's not to love? This foundation is extremely yellow immediately out of the bottle, but to my surprise it blends so well, and is the best color match for my skin I've ever had (and I used to have Prescriptives custom color match for me). It's literally like photoshop for the face. You put it on, and ta-da, airbrushed, glowing skin.

I've also got oily skin and this doesn't slide off, and keeps me shine-free all day. Unheard of! Definitely a winner and my new HG.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

My eternal quest for an HG foundation has led me to become a foundation junkie. I have tried so many over the years, and not once repurchased one. I was heading to Target and decided to look up reviews on brands only sold there here in the US and chose to purchase this based on the good reviews. I can't say I was expecting much from a $15 foundation no one's ever heard of, and one aimed at mature ladies (and men! ;)) but I am pleasantly surprised. This stuff makes me glow from within. It's fairly light coverage, very liquidy, but one pump is all your need to cover your face. I like to stipple it on with a 188, and it gives me flawless skin. It evens my skintone and gives me such a nice, radiant glow with a satiny finish. I'm not sure if it's my HG, but out of all the foundations I've tried, HE to drugstore, it's my favorite and I'm likely to repurchase.

***I wear NC30 in MAC, 127 in MUFE HD, and Punjab in NARS SG, & Vanilla is a perfect match for me.***

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

When I first bought this (22$ canadian) I thought the packaging was so great, it comes with a pump in a nice sleek container. I heard so many good reviews about it so i was really excited to test it out. I bought it in the shade nude, and i usually wear a buff in revlon colorstay. The shade was a little to yellow for my skin but it blended in really nicely. The product itself is very very liquidy. However it does blend very nicely and i loved how it made my skin look. I would say its almost a medium coverage, you can definetly build up a bit in areas that you need it. What i really loved is that it felt so light, like i had nothing on at all. I was really impressed with the look and feel of the foundation. About an hour later i looked in the mirror, after i had been watching a show that made me laugh quite a bit, and as a result the foundation had settled into every fine line on my face, most of which i didnt even know i had. I had huge smile lines and lines around my eyes. Also i should mention in 18, i dont really have fine lines but this it made me look about 60 after the foundation had settled everywhere. I was so dissapointed, definetly wont purchase again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've been a mineral foundation wearer for years, as I have sensitive skin and require daily SPF protection, even in Seattle. However, at 44, I started seeing mineral settle into my skin in an unflattering way. Also, I often wear a motorcycle helmet and found the BE foundation transferred heavily to the helmet (OK, odd issue that won't affect most consumers). I tried Boots, because I was familiar with their great stores in the UK and Canada. I immediately liked this foundation far better than the Lancome and other moderate-expensive brands I also tried. I generally hate the mess of liquid makeup, but the pump dispenser is fabulous. I need less than a full pump to get good coverage on my whole face and part of my neck. It wears quite well all day and I carry a small plastic jar (available from the pharmacy) to touch up any blemishes or red spots during the day. I'm currently trying a Boots loose powder to set it, as well, which probably aids long wear. I notice no scent, have had no breakouts, and will likely purchase again.