April 17, 2014 | 1021 users online

Moisturizers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Moisture Sensitive Skin

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2011 8:50:00 PM More reviews by maddiegracep

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i'm on the fence with this. i used to love it, then stopped using it. but when i started using it again, it started to look greasy. weird. moisturizes ok. i'd like to try this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2011 6:49:00 PM More reviews by serendipity1988

I bought this on a whim in early March 2011. Over the last couple of years my skin went from being super sensitive to being more tolerant. The winter where I am in Canada overall was very consistently cold (-15 on average and for a little while we hovered around -38). By March my face was starting to burn which meant that it was becoming quite dry. So, at Shoppers, I picked this up. I used it for a couple of weeks with no problems! I found that it seemed very "slick" so I only needed a TINY dab for my face. It took a little while to dry and gave kind of a dewy look until it dried but nothing terrible. I stopped using it the end of March when I went to England because the weather was +21 (imagine...-21 to +21!) and my skin was no longer ridiculously dry.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2011 12:15:00 PM More reviews by LumiBear

I have very sensitive skin that's allergic to aloe. Since aloe is put into a lot of lotions and skin products, it's hard to find something that doesn't contain aloe in it that still soothes redness and moisturizes. Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture for Sensitive Skin is just one of the few products that I have found that don't contain aloe.

This moisturizer actually works fairly well. It was priced around 11 USD, so for what I paid for, I feel that it does what it's supposed to which is to keep the skin moisturized. Usually overnight, my skin dries out because I am not moving around and producing lots of body oils while I sleep. This locks in a lot of the moisture which I would lose while I'm asleep. I use a very light amount during the daytime, but I find that my skin does not really need to be moisturized very much during the day.

The product itself is very hygienic with its easy-to-use pump which you can also turn to lock in place so that you can travel with it and not have it get everywhere. It does not have any fragrance which I can detect and comes out in a light creamy-liquid texture. It does feel a bit greasy at first, but it absorbs quickly into the skin within minutes and you don't even notice it's there after a while. I feel that patting motions while applying this moisturizer helps it to absorb faster into the skin.

Overall, I like this product and will probably re-purchase unless I come across another aloe-free moisturizer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2011 1:57:00 AM More reviews by shinewin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to use clinique DDMG but i ran out of it and because i hate to go to the mall to get a new one, i have decided to get a new moisturizer from the DG. I have very sensitive skin and also oily combination skin. When i apply this after my cleanser or toner, it gives a mild tingling stinging feeling, it's doesn't hurt but it does kind of burn my skin. I never have luck with neutrogena but decided to try this because it was for sensitive skin. The burning sensation don't bother me much and i can live with it, but the part that i can't is the facts that my skin get oily withing an hour. I don't have excessively oily skin, but if i use the wrong product then it will make my skin produce more oil. Since it's summer time, i needed something thing light and this moisturizer deliver that part but not the oil control part. I didn't give up after one use, i tried it 3-4 more times before i gave up. It made my skin broke out because it have been very hot in the passed few days. So I'm going to have to stop using this moisturizer and maybe try again in the winter time. If you have normal or dry skin, this will work better for your skin but for oily skin like I have is not a good choice if you are looking to eliminate oil.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2011 3:29:00 PM More reviews by Mollybad

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Someone tell me how a product that has "petrolatum" (i.e., from the root word, "petrol") in it can be labeled "oil free," or how a product with so many parabens in it can be labeled "for sensitive skin"?

I tell ya -- these cosmetics company are getting away with FAR TOO MUCH false advertising and hazardous-product promoting! It disgusts me.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2011 4:23:00 AM More reviews by fromskyline

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this hoping I could get a cheap face lotion. But while it moisturizes enough to satisfy me, I've found it makes my eyes burn. Which is weird, because I don't use this around my eyes. The 1 inch radius around my eyes is not touched by this product. It's as though the fumes from the lotion is what's causing the horrible pain in my eyes. I'll use this up on areas far away from my eyes, like the bottoms of my feet. But I would never, ever buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2011 2:34:00 AM More reviews by ivana01

pros: absorbs easily, doesn't remain oily when absorbed, cheap, great packaging (includes a pump), decent sized bottle, don't think it broke me out. cons: even after it absorbs my skin still looks oily and it turns quiet red, it stings upon application which is really bad considering it's for sensitive skin, my dry and flaky patches remain dry and flaky no matter how much i apply, and my worst con for this moisturiser is that it's made in taiwan so i chucked it straight in the bin! no wonder it's cheap and it stings, god knows what cheap ingredients they use over there in the neutrogena products so i'm definately not repurchasing any neutrogena products anymore.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2011 5:17:00 PM More reviews by coki816

This stuff is great!!! It's the first moisturizer that doesn't break me out and sinks right into my skin wonderfully. I was recovering from a recent explosion of breakouts due to trying all these difference products. I have used moisturizers from origins, estee lauder, clinique, you name it and nothing has given me the results this has. Now I wake up to clear skin, radiant skin! A+++ to Neutrogena for this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2011 1:26:00 AM More reviews by thealmightyboots

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been using this product since my teens, so it's time i showed it some love! I sometimes get eczema if I'm not careful about what products I'm using. I had a really bad break out in my teens and went to a dermatologist who recommended a few skin care products that wouldn't irritate my skin. This was one of the cheaper ones, so I gave it a go. I get bored every now and then and try new products but always end up coming back to this. It's very gentle on my skin, and I love how after I apply it my skin still feels nice and clean and fresh (unlike many others I've tried that feel like a thick layer of grease sitting on your skin) It's not super moisturising, so I sometimes need to use a little something extra on some areas, but it's a great everyday moisturiser that just takes away the tightness I feel after washing my face.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2011 2:25:00 PM More reviews by shesseder

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have oily sensitive skin. Products for oily skin irritate me, products for sensitive skin are too greasy. I've tried different products, but this is the only one that works for me. I've been using it for a week, my dry flakes are gone, my skin looks less red, and no pimples so far. A pump is good enough for my face and neck. If I use too much, my face looks greasy. First I was using tissue paper to absorb the excess, now I'm just using the back of my hand to pad my face until it doesn't look oily (it's greener than using a tissue a day). It doesn't have antioxidants or sunscreen. I usually don't like moisturizers with sunscreen because they usually have chemical sunscreens that irritate me, and I didn't care about the antioxidants since I don't even know if they work most of the time. I only wanted something that would moisturize, and it was on sale $8, and I had a coupon, so I gave it a try. I haven't used it under makeup, though. When I wear makeup I use Dior's HydraLife Skin Perfect, which is a primer and a moisturizer. Skin Perfect's a great moisturizer and pore reducer, but I don't use it everyday because, even though it doesn't burn, my skin looks slightly irritated it if I use it every day. That's why I use the neutrogena as my everyday lotion.
UPDATE Took a lippie away because it's summer, and this lotion feels too greasy now.