October 25, 2014 | 860 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Waterproof Voluminous Carbon Black

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2011 3:37:00 PM More reviews by vegansaurus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This mascara left me disappointed. While it doesn't clump, it does smudge within an hour of application, leaving you with raccoon eyes. I regret not reading reviews prior to purchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2011 7:44:00 PM More reviews by sugarhype10

I purchased this product because Walgreens was having a BOGO sale, and I figured, "Why not?". I've tried the original Voluminous mascara before, and I HATED it. The formula was clumpy and it smudged. I did not have very high expectations for the waterproof carbon black formula, but lo and behold, I loove this mscara! There was no clumping and no smudging, and my lashes maintained their curls. I'm not giving this product a 5 because although it did darken my lashes and thicken it a bit, the effect is no where near as dramatic as I had expected. This mascara is wonderful, but it's not something to "Ooh" and "Ahh" over.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2011 3:21:00 PM More reviews by OHNOSOPHiE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I"ve heard a lot of positive reviews for the Voluminous mascara but I wanted the waterproof and Carbon Black for more intense color. Unlike some people, I have not experienced any smudging. It's hot in NYC now but my mascara has not budged. No raccoon eyes at all. I really like the brush as it helps to coat every lash. However, the mascara is heavy as it uncurls my lashes after a apply a few coat. It adds a ton of volume but you have to apply with a light hand as the formula is kind of wet when you take the wand out. I let it sit out for about a minute before applying the mascara and you have to carefully apply. I love the volume it gives, but like some reviews here, it does not hold a curl and likely the reason I will not be purchasing again. It's also a pain to take off. When you take it off, because of it's pigment, it gets everywhere. I use an oil based remover otherwise i'd be scrubbing until the next morning.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2011 10:35:00 AM More reviews by lalaland

I'm not a huge mascara kind of girl, or at least I was not since my lashes are sparse and straight. Even when I curl them they tend not to stay no matter the method. But this mascara really holds the curl and makes my lashes fuller and darker. I tried the shiseido lifting curl one and I have a review on it, it pretty much is too drying and I don't find that it makes my lashes look any nicer than another mascara. This mascara does work best when it dries out, but I'm on my second one and it still does wonders when its new. I don't have a problem with it transferring or flaking. I use two coats, but it seems to be just fine with one. I use the wiggling at the base, flaring at the the ends method if that makes any sense.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2011 11:27:00 AM More reviews by whawhawhacawhaaawhaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't understand all the bad reviews!! Perhaps it's because I waited a few months before I decided to use this again, but the formulas drier now and it does wonders to my Asian lashes! It lengthened them pretty well, with a little bit of volume (think it should be advertised as more of a lengthening mascara) but either way my lashes look beautiful and I got several compliments on them! It didn't smudge AT ALL again, it's probably because I waited a few months, and it does start to flake after 5 hours, which isn't so bad since school ends around that time hehe ^^ One of the easiest waterproof mascaras I've found to remove! Overall a great product for a decent price so I will be buying again!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2011 12:40:00 AM More reviews by thecrazyfilipino

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

It's definitely not the best. I was looking forward to using it because so many beauty gurus love it, but it smudged on me, and it weighed down my lashes because they are pretty short. However, it made my lashes look so dark and dramatic! But there are better mascaras out there than this one. I'll have to pass on it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2011 7:48:00 PM More reviews by bimini156

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This mascara smudged for me also. Saw a bunch of people rave about this on youtube. It went on nice. Thought I was happy with it until I checked the mirror later in the day. So many other good mascaras out there. Would not buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2011 11:57:00 AM More reviews by LauraMcO

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was so excited to see that Carbon Black is now available as waterproof. However, it smudged; which to me is definitely not waterproof. Very disappointed.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2011 10:59:00 AM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

This is a decent mascara at most. I wanted to get the Full Definition but they don't have it here. More volume than Maybelline One by One but that's the only good thing

*UPDATE*
it smudges after two hours or so. Minor smudges, I can take, but not the racoon eyes

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2011 8:49:00 PM More reviews by breakfastsong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

At first I was excited and had high hopes for this since it went on really black and (when wiped with a tissue) didn't clump as badly as others I've tried. But an hour later I had horrible smudged eyes. I've tested this for a week and a half and I'm tossing this.

This doesn't smudge on some people apparently. I don't know what went wrong when I tried out this mascara, but it was the worst mascara I've tried.