September 30, 2014 | 1247 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Waterproof Voluminous Carbon Black

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2011 7:48:00 PM More reviews by bimini156

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This mascara smudged for me also. Saw a bunch of people rave about this on youtube. It went on nice. Thought I was happy with it until I checked the mirror later in the day. So many other good mascaras out there. Would not buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2011 11:57:00 AM More reviews by LauraMcO

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was so excited to see that Carbon Black is now available as waterproof. However, it smudged; which to me is definitely not waterproof. Very disappointed.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2011 10:59:00 AM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a decent mascara at most. I wanted to get the Full Definition but they don't have it here. More volume than Maybelline One by One but that's the only good thing

*UPDATE*
it smudges after two hours or so. Minor smudges, I can take, but not the racoon eyes

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2011 8:49:00 PM More reviews by breakfastsong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

At first I was excited and had high hopes for this since it went on really black and (when wiped with a tissue) didn't clump as badly as others I've tried. But an hour later I had horrible smudged eyes. I've tested this for a week and a half and I'm tossing this.

This doesn't smudge on some people apparently. I don't know what went wrong when I tried out this mascara, but it was the worst mascara I've tried.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2011 7:41:00 PM More reviews by spookafeller

Since I am such a fan of L'Oreal's Voluminous, I was excited to see Carbon Black. Unfortunately, it seems to be a completely different formula. It clumps, flakes, and is not even that good of a black. I will stick with regular Voluminous!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2011 10:18:00 PM More reviews by kaelipup

I agree with other posters that this stuff smudges horribly. L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara (Waterproof) in black is my HG mascara. I was excited to try this for the extra impact, but it's awful! The brush is good - the same as regular Voluminous mascara, but the product is not.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2011 5:22:00 PM More reviews by medusacanibal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hmm... this mascara is not great... but it works. I don't like it though because it doesn't curve my eyelashes at all. However, I live in a very humid tropical island, and this didn't smudge; it is waterproof. The only way I could take it out was with an oil-based makeup remover.

Ah, and the texture of the tube... is disgusting. The name of the product is already washed off.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2010 8:48:00 PM More reviews by kjb778

Let me just say, OMGWTFBBQ, this is the absolute worse mascara I have ever tried. Within an hour I looked like I was auditioning to be a member of the band KISS. It smudged and ran under my eyes. I must have looked like a hot mess going to work, stopping to talk to my boss, saying hi to everyone while I went to get my coffee. I am so embarrassed about it. I think the original version didn't smudge as much. To call this waterproof is laughable.

Just in case anyone is wondering the lot # on the bottom of the tube is 6902.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2010 10:39:00 PM More reviews by Madibell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara! I have tried MANY mascaras, from high-end to low-end brands, and I am honestly most impressed by this one. I have straight, medium length eyelashes, and I have a hard time finding a mascara that holds a curl nicely. This is the only mascara that has actually hold a curl for a whole day! It is not as waterproof as other mascaras, but it doesn't flake or smudge for me, and I do need to use a good makeup remover to remove this product (I recommend soaking a pad and leaving it on the eyes for a bit to avoid harsh rubbing). I have tried the non-waterproof formula, and I feel the waterproof formula holds the curl more than the regular version. And the depth of the black in this mascara is quite dark, which I like. I use this for my top lashes, and rimmel sexy curves waterproof for my bottom lashes (the formula and brush work excellent for my bottom lashes). the two make the perfect combo for nicely curled, darkly pigmented waterproof/smudge lashes that last all day. My recommendation is to try and see if this works for you, because it definitely works for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2010 5:56:00 PM More reviews by JudithF

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Hm. Im surprised this has such a low rating.
Goes to show that products work differently on everyone.
I like this mascara. When I first open it up the formula looks really wet, which I dislike. I was hesitant, but I gave it a try anyway. I curled my lashes as usual, applied 2-3 coats and I was happy with the result.
It held my curl very well and i love the dark black tint of the formula.
Im gonna go ahead and say that it pretty much gave me the same effect that DiorShow did. And at a drugstore price, this cant be beat!
Will repurchase!