September 2, 2014 | 1150 users online

Mascara - Smashbox - Lash DNA

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2010 1:23:00 PM More reviews by Cornchild3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I placed an order on Smashbox.com and got a jumbo sample of the Lash DNA for free for being a "Pretty Points" member. I will admit when I first opened it I thought the brush was a bit much. But then I tried it on my top lashes and fell in love. With 2 swipes It covered all my top lashes, plus it gave me length, volume and seperation. I still have to use something with a smaller brush on my bottom lashes but for the top i would say this mascara is great. I just purchased the "Wish for the Stars" kit($15) which has a travel size in it, plus another full size tube($19). It has become a new favorite of mine for sure.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/31/2009 9:58:00 PM More reviews by Tgallop

Thankfully this was a sample. Holy CRUM that's one big brush!! It's so big it's obnoxious! Seriously, I can't make that brush work for me... too awkward and bulky to get in and get anything close to good coverage. I'd be curious to try this formula with a different brush because it sure curled my lashes better than anything else I've been trying... but not with this brush!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2009 8:41:00 AM More reviews by marlavm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like the formula but I think the brush is obnoxious. I have smallish eyes so it is impossible to get the brush in the inner corners without making a mess. Just a silly gimmick to me.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2009 1:45:00 AM More reviews by ilikejuice

I am not makeup ingredient savy, nor am I a dermotologist of any kind. I am an average college student who is looking for quality products. I recieved this as a sample from Ulta, and when I first opend the bottle, I instantly noticed the formula was really different. Most mascara formulas tend to be sticky, gunky, or tacky, but this one is very smooth. When you apply it to your eye lashes, it looks nice and very NATURAL. It naturally darkens and defines lashes. It is not dramatic, and definitly a day-time mascera. I haven't experienced flaking or irritation, but I haven't worked out with it either.. There is minimal clumping, but there are TWO things I really do not like about this mascara. The first is the brush!! It is big and bulky and EVERY single time I apply this, the brush touches my skin somewhere. Especially when I try to get the inner corner lashes, it is very difficult. It would have been smarter to keep the brush large in the center, and thinned out on the edges, but they didn't do that... The second, is that it does NOT hold a curl... I think since the formula is so smooth, it's harder to hold the curl.. But it def. is a more natural look, so if you don't mind your lashes not being super curled, then it might be okay..

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2009 9:38:00 AM More reviews by panda78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have read some of the reviews and I am a little surprised. I used the Bionic and absolutely hated it. So I had some trepidation using this one. This is 10x better. I love the colour, the length and separation it gives my lashes. I never have smudges and there are zero flakes! While the brush is different, it isn't as big as Dior Show or Bad gal. You just have to twist it out of the package, remove any excess off the ends onto the lip of the tube and then wiggle and twist on the lashes, all things you should do with any mascara.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2009 4:37:00 PM More reviews by remychic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Another crappy product in my quest for the perfect mascara. I got this as a sample and the first problem is the brush is huge. it is so big it is really hard to get at any small lashes and actually makes it difficult to put on the mascara at all since I was constantly getting smudges where the brush would hit my skin. Then it puts on too much product and flakes and clumps. A poor product....save your money.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2009 11:24:00 PM More reviews by sanpe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this as a sample since i would never buy a mascara that's over $10. I was excited to try it out but i was let down! such a HORRIBLE mascara. It did not hold a curl, didn't add volume or length. I would be better off not using any mascara!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2009 12:29:00 AM More reviews by ILoveStila80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used a gift card at Sephora to buy this mascara, so I wasn't too disappointed because I wasn't technically spending my own money. This mascara is just OK. For me personally there is too much product on the wand so when I apply it to my lashes there are some clumps and I have to comb it out, more than with other mascaras. The spiral wand doesn't really add anything to the product, either. Also, by the end of the day the mascara usually smudges either under my lower lashes or above my upper lashline. I'll continue using it until it dries out, and only when I'm going to a dark bar or restaurant.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2009 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Chickadee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this for $8 on special at Sephora. I'm always game for a new mascara, so I figured I'd give it a shot, even though I have never used Smashbox mascara, and have never been very impressed with the brand as a whole. This mascara is just awful. I can't honestly review the formula, because I just couldn't get past the brush. The spiral shape doesn't work unless you twirl the brush while you are swiping, which I find very difficult to do. I usually ended up with 5 or 6 Tammy Faye eyelashes on each eye, which I then had to comb out and/or apply another mascara on top. I do not have time for that, and I refuse to go through that much trouble.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2009 10:08:00 PM More reviews by KikiBee09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This mascara stung my eyes and made them water like crazy! Regardless of how careful I was when applying this product, I would have this issue every time and have to remove and re-apply different mascara. The only plus I that feel this product has is that it is a very deep black. As for the nourishing aspects of this mascara and its lash growing properties, I can't speak to these, as I was never able to have this on my lashes for more than a few minutes.