October 22, 2014 | 2021 users online

Loose Powders - Laura Mercier - translucent loose powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2010 10:53:00 PM More reviews by starpantgirl

My first attempt at loose powder over my liquid foundation... the moment I opened the lid it fell all over the place. And I still tend to get it all over the place after a few months of use, so I usually open it over the sink. As for the actual product itself, I think it gives me a matte finish that isn't ghostly white but I still do have to blot by lunch time. But honestly with my oily skin I'm not sure if I'll ever something that won't be look greasy after a few hours. Just as long as I don't look like a complete grease monkey then I should be okay.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2010 6:18:00 PM More reviews by clea911991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

My HG loose powder. I have only strayed once (to NARS loose powder in eden) but never again. I have very problematic skin (sensitive, oily, acne-prone) and this is the only make-up my crazy skin can tolerate. My face usually starts protesting in breakouts, clogged pores, and redness after a single use but it seems to make an exception for this product. In fact, I am on my second jar now and will continue to purchase indefinitely for the rest of my life (or until the product is discontinued, God forbid). The powder is highly refined; it goes on extremely smooth and is truly translucent. It does a superb job of absorbing any greasiness, even from sunscreen, and can be reapplied throughout the day without that heavy, chalky build-up effect. I have saved the container from my first purchase because it has a stopper thing which ensures that no powder spills out when you place it in your bag (for touch-ups during the day or when you travel). It seems that they no longer make containers with those stoppers, however, though I may be wrong. To recap: HG loose powder - expensive but well worth it (actually quite cheap considering one jar lasts me about six months to a year with daily use, and considering it is one of the few products that does not irritate my ultra-sensitive skin).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2010 4:52:00 PM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I went through a "Laura Mercier phase" few years ago. Whilst I am not using any of the flawless face collection products anymore, I make an exception for this powder. I have dry skin and this product does not make my make up look cakey or leave my skin uncomfortable. It is easy to apply and goes on like a dream. I tried other loose powders (Clinique and Shu Uemura) and this is my absolute winner. It is pricey but it lasts a long time (years, literally!).

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2009 4:08:00 AM More reviews by talltree3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely despise this product! I have very oily skin, and had read a lot of good reviews about this product. I love Laura Mercier, but she destroyed my trust with this one.. I used it for about two weeks before taking it back to Nordstrom's (thank God for their awesome return policy!) and it did absolutely nothing for me except make my face look like a grease pit. I applied in the morning over foundation or just over concealer, but either way by about 10 my face looked gross and greasy all over. Mind you, my face is oily but not THAT oily that it should be covered in grease before my third hour classes! Moving on, I would try to reapply but the packaging made that tricky.. I brought it in my purse a few times but if you bump or move the bottle at all all of the powder goes up into the top section through the holes and makes a gigantic mess when you open it up. Then, when I did reapply, it looked cakey and like I was wearing fifty layers of powder, instead of two. I was not happy at all with this product! I wouldn't advise it to people with oily skin or even combination skin, which my skin is at times, though it may work if you have dry skin. I wouldn't know, though!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2009 3:11:00 AM More reviews by bebelici0usz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

this product has no oil control what so ever compared to the MUFE HD loose powder for me. but on the other hand, it did not make my skin all flakey like how the MUFE one did. i liked this product better than i did with the MUFE one tho because it has a bigger jar space where i can easily dip my brush into. im definitely exchanging this product cuz its not worth $34. my face got really super oily using this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2009 12:50:00 AM More reviews by luxferi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this! It's finely milled, easy to buff into skin with a fluffy kabuki brush (it doesn't come with any kind of applicator) and the tiny holes dispense just about the right amount for me. I bought this as a set with the oil free foundation (which I'm not pleased with) but the loose powder has redeemed my grievances with Laura Mercier's oil free foundation. I don't see any oil controlling properties, but then again it never claims to. I'll continue buying this but definitely switch the foundation to something else.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2009 1:29:00 PM More reviews by sweetgardenangel

"You get what you pay for" is really true on this wonderful finely milled powder that is absolutely transparent, no trace of yellow, no trace of pinky pink, etc. It never settles into my pores!!! My new experience with Laura Mercier has paid off! Little did I realize that there are distinct differences as I learned from this web site! This kept the oilies from creeping up, too! I apply with my large bare minerals powder brush, although there are diehards out there who utilize the powder puff option, by pressing and rolling. Oh well, still learning...if you are on the fence, then just go for LM.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2009 1:10:00 AM More reviews by econners

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is the best! Leaves your face looking smooth with that airbrushed finish. I use MAC Studio Tech and then this powder. Love it and lasts all day. The key is to PRESS this powder into your face with a velour puff- not brush or dust it on. A tip is from Laura Mercier herself!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2009 5:36:00 PM More reviews by poppyglitters

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

OK translucent powder, it kinda looked cakey. and wasnt exactly translucent, made me a little pale. i liked it cause it controlled my oil. i usually apply it with the laura mercier puff or my kabuki.if i cant find anything better, ill stick with this

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2009 11:27:00 AM More reviews by cinnes225

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Used the powder years ago and loved it! The powder is high quality and very fine in texture (it feels great on the skin). But just like most Laura Mercier products, it is soooooooooooooo expensive. I ended up switching to a drugstore brand that works well for the price.