April 16, 2014 | 1894 users online

Loose Powders - Laura Mercier - translucent loose powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2009 12:50:00 AM More reviews by luxferi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this! It's finely milled, easy to buff into skin with a fluffy kabuki brush (it doesn't come with any kind of applicator) and the tiny holes dispense just about the right amount for me. I bought this as a set with the oil free foundation (which I'm not pleased with) but the loose powder has redeemed my grievances with Laura Mercier's oil free foundation. I don't see any oil controlling properties, but then again it never claims to. I'll continue buying this but definitely switch the foundation to something else.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2009 1:29:00 PM More reviews by sweetgardenangel

"You get what you pay for" is really true on this wonderful finely milled powder that is absolutely transparent, no trace of yellow, no trace of pinky pink, etc. It never settles into my pores!!! My new experience with Laura Mercier has paid off! Little did I realize that there are distinct differences as I learned from this web site! This kept the oilies from creeping up, too! I apply with my large bare minerals powder brush, although there are diehards out there who utilize the powder puff option, by pressing and rolling. Oh well, still learning...if you are on the fence, then just go for LM.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2009 1:10:00 AM More reviews by econners

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is the best! Leaves your face looking smooth with that airbrushed finish. I use MAC Studio Tech and then this powder. Love it and lasts all day. The key is to PRESS this powder into your face with a velour puff- not brush or dust it on. A tip is from Laura Mercier herself!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2009 5:36:00 PM More reviews by poppyglitters

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

OK translucent powder, it kinda looked cakey. and wasnt exactly translucent, made me a little pale. i liked it cause it controlled my oil. i usually apply it with the laura mercier puff or my kabuki.if i cant find anything better, ill stick with this

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2009 11:27:00 AM More reviews by cinnes225

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Used the powder years ago and loved it! The powder is high quality and very fine in texture (it feels great on the skin). But just like most Laura Mercier products, it is soooooooooooooo expensive. I ended up switching to a drugstore brand that works well for the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2009 1:50:00 AM More reviews by mistycutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

THIS PRODUCT BROKE ME OUT......NO GOOD. I started noticing "congestion" on my chin....lots of little clogged pores that soon turned into worse looking bumps.

It also made me very shiny/oily after only a few hours. I needed to blot or touch up in a majorly bad way!

I didn't like it at all.....its going back to Sephora asap!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2009 11:29:00 AM More reviews by sfreeman87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really liked this powder, but I like Marcelle's even better, and especially the price!
Like all the other reviewers said it did leave a very nice finish paired with LM TM. But because of it's price, I won't be re-purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2009 12:19:00 AM More reviews by kellywilson0

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

FINALLY! A translucent powder that's ACTUALLY translucent. Before I discovered the wonderful world of Laura Mercier powders, I was stuck using powders that were allegedly 'translucent'...but in actuality they made my super pale skin look orangey/pinky...not exactly the look I was going for.

Like all of LM's powders, this one is super, super finely milled...it honestly feels like silk...you really can't go wrong with this product. And the container is very generously sized for the price...not a bad deal at all.

I'm currently waiting for my Aveda order to arrive (still on the quest for the ever-elusive foundation that will be pale enough for me!) and have ordered a container of their translucent powder as well out of curiosity (I'm a makeup junkie, what can I say?!)...I'm curious to see which one wins out...will update once I've compared both products! :-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2009 1:36:00 AM More reviews by ktdetails

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

This is my favorite loose setting powder.
For all the fair girls out there - who's "translucent" powders leave them beige or orange even thought they are supposed to be invisible - this stuff is amazing.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/11/2009 5:54:00 AM More reviews by aprmayjun

I did not feel like it really help set my make up. Also I felt it made me look a lot paler.