July 26, 2014 | 1046 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish in Perfect Topping (2009) [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2009 7:58:00 AM More reviews by lissa_508

I decided to buy this on my recent trip to the MAC counter.
    Its very pretty with pink & peach with some gold veining..but not too much gold.
    I liked this becuase it doesnt have alot of color to it, so i wouldnt try using it as a blush on my nc20 skin otherwise i might look like a disco ball. But, it does make for a really nice highlighter & thats exactly what i wanted. This is going to look especially nice this summer when i get a little tan.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2009 1:54:00 PM More reviews by firework_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Perfect Topping has made it into my MSF top five already. Everything about it is just, well, perfect. Fabulous texture, soft with no huge glitter chunks.
    The effect is more akin to the MSFs that came out with the Blonde Brunette Redhead collection, less glitter & spangle and no metallic sheen. Perfect Topping is more toned-down yet again so you're just left with a pretty, subtle glow that doesn't look at all garish or out of place even for daytime wear.
    Colour wise, it's a creamy yet icy pale pink. If Lightscapade & Porcelain Pink had a love child, it might well be PT.
    Even looks good when used as a highlighter in conjuction with a deeper MSF used as a blush. I wore it with Petticoat today and it looked very pretty.
    I can see this will get a lot of love from me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2009 12:21:00 PM More reviews by glossybrowneyes

Wow! That's all I can say. This is *the* most perfect highlighter. I was kind of underwhelmed when I purchased and for a few days after. I was applying on my cheekbones with a blush brush and couldn't see much of a highlight. Then I swatched it on my finger one day and applied that way. It was perfect! I think I somehow mixed the colors better that way. I'm not recommending applying with your fingers, but some kind of brush like a kabuki that is stiffer would be a great way to get a gorgeous sheen. It is a mix of lavender, peach, and pink and mixes together to become a beautiful icy highlight!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2009 9:40:00 AM More reviews by spaceykatie

The color in this MSF is unparalleled. While the shine in it is too intense to use on any more than the tinyest bit on the tops of your cheekbones it gives a wonderful purpleish pink glimmer. It's very flattering, but a bit too shiny for me. WHen I applied it to my forehead and chin, where i usually use my highlighters, I thought i looked downright shiny all day. Overall, I'm happy with this product as a highlight.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2009 5:04:00 AM More reviews by lareinaxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

perfect topping is just that..the perfect topping to your face. its like a dessert, its creamy and yummy. i bought this today at my mac counter, and i looked at about ten of them because i wanted to pick the perfect one cuz msfs are all different. it came down to one with even swirls of all colors throughout, and one with all pink and purple..no cream in it. i bought the even one, and when i got it home, i realized there isn't much color in it, the other msf from this collection in refined is more pigmented, i have C4 skin, and even tho ill be using this as a highlighter, i want more of a lavender melange to show up. so im going back to exchange mine for the purple one. i think if you had the chance to choose yours, keep in mind, the one with more cream in it, will end up looking more like a white highlighter with a slight pink tone, and if you want one you can highlight with but also use as a blush, go for one with more purple in it. either way, this msf is gorgeous. its creamy, and not glittery at all. it goes on smooth leaving on nice glowing sheen. IMO absolutely perfect!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2009 11:36:00 PM More reviews by stephiem

This looks kind of similar to soft and gentle on me but it's a little less glittery and just different enough for me to live with myself for owning both. Love love love it and for anyone that doesn't have soft gentle MSF, go buy this!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2009 1:20:00 PM More reviews by kgrossi

This is one of my favorite MSF's thus far. The color is lovely and reminds me of the blonde MSF, but just more subtle. It has peach and lilac undertones and gives a sheer wash of color perfect for highlighting. This is also nice ontop of blush. Because the color is so light, I think this shade would be nice on just about everyone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2009 11:07:00 PM More reviews by PaleIsTheNewTan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my first MSF, but I'm really liking it so far.

It's not as pink as I expected - it's more a sheer, pale, pale pink with silver overtones. It isn't nearly as glittery as the Iridescent Pressed Powders, making it good for day and especially, the days when my pores aren't behaving, and look bigger than usual.

On me [N3 skin, pink undertones] it's still flattering. It's not so pink that I look flushed, or sunburnt, but rather, a more polished version of my skin. It doesn't really show up as a blush on me.

If anything, it gave a similar effect to Pink Opal pigment on my skin - though this is far less Disco Queen, and more suitable for activities that don't involve dancing. PT is much better if you're looking for a subtle, pink-ish highlighter that is suitable for work.

I layered it over NARS Desire blush [matte, hot pink shade] and it definately toned it down enough that I could pair Desire with a really dramatic eye or lip.

The texture of this MSF is very smooth, finely milled, and not overly glittery. If you're looking to try an MSF, and are a beginner, this would be a very good option.

ETA: With Fix+ and the 187, this shows up as a very pale, glowy blush on my N3, PPP skin.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2009 5:07:00 PM More reviews by layzeex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first saw this in the pan, I just knew I had to have it. It has beautiful peachy lavender veining throughout and looks incredibly natural. It gives a beautiful sheen/glow to the skin. I've recently bought Moon River from the Grand Duo collection and am torn about it because both of these are so pretty and I can't decide on which one to wear! This MSF is more on the peachy side (though mines had a lot of lavender throughout) so it appears a bit more natural than the MR. I'd definitely recommend this for anyone who is interested!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2009 3:49:00 PM More reviews by mbui

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Beautiful. On my NC 20 skin I can wear this as a blush (applied wet) or a highlighter (applied dry). Perfect topping on my cheeks creates a soft pink sheen/glow. Only thing I wish was that I got one with more lavender veining; not to sure if it woulda made a huge difference in the pigmentation though (the one I got had lots of peach/pink swirls).
    Also, wanted to add these Sugarsweet MSF are very finely milled and buttery; they create a very pretty glow/sheen vs. shimmer/glitter.