April 21, 2014 | 1196 users online

Treatments - Lancome - Genifique

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2011 4:33:00 AM More reviews by Strawberryshortcake21

I fell into the hype when this launched and bought myself a bottle. I read a number of blogs and reviews before I purchased this and had such high expectations. I was disappointed, I used the product for a month and did not notice any difference to my skin.

The packaging is great, the little dropper design makes it easy to control the amount of product you want to use - and the glass bottle design makes the product look really classy, pity it just didn't work for me. I gave this to my mum.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2011 2:16:00 AM More reviews by OnTheRock111

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

After I heard so many people raving about this product on youtube and on beautyblogs, I really wanted this to work for me.
I stopped taking birth control pills for a year, after I have been on it for almost 10 years to see how it would affect my body. I started getting very bad breakouts and nothing I used would work. I NEVER had pimples before in my life and my skin was always clear. I was so frustrated!! So I consulted my gyno and she advised me to start taking the pill again, so I did and then all the pimples disappeard but of course I had really bad acne scars. So when I heard about this product I really hoped that it would help my skin to get better but it did not.
This serum broke me out almost instantly!!!!
I somehow already knew that it was the serum, because I was using the Vichy Normaderm line and took the pill so my face cleared up pretty quick. But after I used the serum, boom, 4 pimples on each side of my cheek again. I dont know what I thought to try it for another 3 times, I thought the pimples might have to do with hormonal imbalance or my diet or stress, nevertheless, I tried it again and it always broke me out immediatly. Im so sad coz I really wanted it to work for me. :((((

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2011 4:32:00 PM More reviews by friendofgreen

I got a sample of this product for my mom and myself --she's obviously a bit older. I noticed after a weeks use my skin is definitely looking better (despite my tan fading). The most amazing results has been on my mother. She's got wrinkles (due to many years of sun worshiping) after one day you could see a difference. The remarkable thing is with her continued use--she looks like she's had 20yrs wiped off her face in the course of a week. Her lines about her lip (which we quite bad) are not almost completely gone. She is even able to wear makeup again without it settling in her creases. For what this product does I would say it's definitely worth the $80.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2011 10:18:00 PM More reviews by jlee5

I finished a small bottle and this did nothing for me in terms of dark spots, though it did make my face feel smother. Way too expensive to repurchase for the results.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/3/2011 8:10:00 PM More reviews by PINUPROCK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Dont waste your money please!!!! I bought the Whole genifique line day cream,night cream, eye cream and serum I had a mayor credit card imbalance !!!! But thought to give it a try lince everyone was súper hype about it !!!! After using the Whole line for 30 days rigurously nothing happened......... Noothing no improvement of any kind no diferente in texture no reduced under eye bags.....no plumping effect. NADA .......... so please there a many beter options out there without the expensive packaging and merchandising campaings that actually have better quality ingrediente in them.

Sorry

7 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2011 11:22:00 AM More reviews by KGirl24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am in love with this stuff! I apply it every night before bed and my skin has never looked better. My skin is clear, softer than its ever been, brighter, and I have noticed some of my fine lines diminishing. This stuff is expensive, but for all it does for my skin it is worth it. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2011 3:09:00 AM More reviews by DreamAngelsHeavenlyKiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

First of all I took off one lippie because the product is a bit overpriced... But I really love this product. I really think every night I put it on and wake up my skin looks better, healthier, brighter. I hadn't notice any change on my developing smile lines :/ but overall my skin (which is very good already) looked better. I am definitley repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2011 6:09:00 AM More reviews by malgosisko

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I started to read all the reviews and they are soo different. Some people love it, some hate it.. and i guess it will be like that with every cosmetic as we all have different skins:)

My frend (younger than me:) gave me the 7ml sample to try and to check if its as good as people say.. and im using it only over night (my skin is very oily lately so im not applying in the morning). I use it for about a month now and its still there (great!) and after two weeks i notice the different with my skin- more bright and even color, small wrinkles that i had are almost gone. Skin looks simply younger and way better.

This is how it works for me althrow in first two day i saw some little red spots after using like breaking out, but it was gone after another two days and now i have no new once!

Im still surpristed that i have the 7ml left after a month and maybe thats the key for good results - only night (prevents oiliness) and just few drops not to overdo the goodness:)

I highly recommend to try the sample first before buying full size priduct!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2011 11:09:00 AM More reviews by Juliasyji

I bought a big bottle of this after my friend who is somewhat of an expert in skin care sang praises about this. When I went to go purchase this, the littlest bottle was something ridiculous like 80 dollars or something so I decided to bite the bullet, pay a little extra and get the big bottle at 120 dollars (Canadian).
I have been using this every day twice a day (morning and night) for the past 4 or 5 months and I'm starting to run low. I thought right now would be the perfect time to review the product. Frankly I am a little surprised at how low the overall rating is on this product. As mentioned Ive been very diligent about using this everyday and about 3 weeks into use, I started to notice some change in my skins texture and tone. This serum claims to reactivate the youthful gene in your skin and makes a lot of promises and I don't know that i lives up to all its promises but it certainly does improve the skin.
My skin is generally dry with patches of red around the nose, a little bit of dark circle under the eyes and I'm not acne prone but when I introduce a new regimen to my skin care that does not agree with me, I WILL break out with stubborn stuff that leave hyperpigmentation marks.

3 weeks into using this, the changes i saw where; less redness around the nose. Skin looked (or seemed) brighter, hyperpigmentation marks from previous breakouts visibly reduced, skin seemed generally smoother.

This product is a serum so it does little or nothing to moisturize. So be sure to make sure you use a moisturizer on top (i used biotherm, the pink cream in the beginning and now im using kiehls's penthenol moisturizer). Also to get the full benefit of the serum make sure you cleanse your face THOROUGHLY either with a clarisonic or double cleanse (first with a cleansing oil and second with a very mild cleansing soap like the mild cleanser from clinique). If you don't clean your face thoroughly, you wont be getting the full benefit of the serum since your skin wont be well prepped to absorb all its ingredients.

All in all, I think it was a good product for me to try (29 years old with pretty good skin, redness, occasionally break out and minor hyperpigmentation marks, dry combo). I am thinking of trying the estee lauder night repair serum next because this was too expensive and it was my first serum. I want to try a few more to see which one works best for me. I will come back to this though if I try other things and they don't work as well.
It's worth a try, if you see a special or if you see some kind of a sample giveaway, try it and stick with it.

UPDATE: ok I ran out of this about a month ago and since I haven't been using it, I can honestly comment on what this actuallty did to my skin when I did use it.
My skin is more breakout prone, and less even. It definitely looked better when I was using this.
I'm new to the serum game so I'm going to purchase the estee lauder advanced night repair next but I thought it would be worth mentioning that genefique acutally did make a difference and it really did improve my skin.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2011 6:12:00 AM More reviews by racmal01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I cringed after I bought this product (30ml bottle) when i saw the varying reviews on MUA. I decided to grab the bull by the horns and try the serum out for myself and try to be as unbiased as possible.
I am in my early-mid thirties with no visible wrinkles, fine lines or crows feet. Unfortunately the purpose of this serum for me is in line prevention so I wont be able to provide any opinions as to the reversal of wrinkles. I bought the serum to try to see if it would improve my skin's texture, luminosity and delay aging.
My skin has had no break outs since I have been using it (one month and counting). My skin does feel plumper after application but I noticed that this effect seems only temporary ie you need to apply this twice a day or else. My skin is also smoother although it hasn't brightened or become more luminous.
The consistency is rather liquid and I use about 3-4 drops for my entire face plus another 2 drops for my neck/decollatage after applying my SKII FTE. The price is exhorbitant especially when you compare it to the Estee Lauder advanced night repair which I havent tried yet.
I will not be repurchasing this serum as it is way too expensive for the small improvements I have seen in my skin. That being said I will wait til the bottle is finished which I estimate to be in 4-6 months time.
P.S I use a lot of products in my daily /weekly skin care regimen so it is a little hard to isolate the anti-aging properties of this serum as I use SKII cleanser, Clarins toner, SKII FTE, Lancome Genifique, Clarins White Plus Brightening serum, Mosituriser (day or night+eye cream) + Clarins Beauty Flash balm occasionally + brightening masks twice a week.