August 1, 2014 | 1686 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lancome - Genifique

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2012 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Freesia12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

I was looking forward to liking the Genifique serum by Lancome so bad after trying out a sample given to me by a SA at the Lancome counter.
I'm not sure if it was on the second or third week of using the serum when my face started getting small rashes then the next thing I know this product aggravated my mild acne to something I couldn't not explain!!
I broke out so bad I had a pimple if I inhaled the wrong way.My forehead and my left cheek were the worst affected.All of a sudden I had a face of a 13 year old filled with pimples the only thing missing were the braces!!!
Multiple visits at a spa for facials improved the situation but I have been left with acne scarring.
I will stick to the Lancome Fragrances and not touch anything else with them.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2011 3:34:00 PM More reviews by mmarrs

I'm disappointed I get better results from Olay Regenerist Serum, Mayumi Squalane Oil and from Biore Serum. Ive been using Genifique for a few weeks with no results :(. This is way too much money to spend for nothing.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2011 6:54:00 PM More reviews by mgvone

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Bought the serum. I am 49 with some sun damage and will break out. I noticed a difference after two applications. My skin is smoother and I look younger. I have bought many different things, nothing worked as well. Loreal serum was second. Small wrinkles under my eyes are greatly reduced. LOVE it!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/21/2011 10:47:00 PM More reviews by tinytim113

My friend bought me a bottle of Genifique serum for my birthday. I was extremely excited to try it, especially because I thought it'd improve my skin for my wedding in a year. I have combination skin that is slightly bumpy and my face is used to stronger products such as Noxzema, Retin-A, etc.

I have been using 2 pumps of the serum religiously every morning and every night after I wash my face for the past 3 months- but I have not seen or felt a single result. My skin didn't get worse, but it did not get any better- and it feels like I'm just rubbing water on my face.

Totally not worth the money and I do not plan on repurchasing this. I'm using My Beauty Diary masks before my big day, instead!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2011 9:33:00 AM More reviews by dolcefan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this product. I'm in my early 30's and have started noticing some fine lines developing, as well as a general dullness to my complezion. Summer tanning hasn't helped my skin either so I wanted to start using something to diminish these issues. I started with a 7 day sample of packets and loved the results, so I bought the full size product. My face is so clean and clear, the lines appear less evident and my skin is glowing and soft. It just looks so much more even toned and healthy.

I see some people had a bad reaction, which is unfortunate. However, not everyone's skin is the same. I didn't have any issues with this, so try it first before buying. I've had issues with bumps and burning/redness with other brands, so I don't think it's quite fair to blame one company. Certain ingredients can cause irritation, so check the label too.

For now, this is my go-to treatment. A few drops over my face, twice a day, especially around the eyes and forehead and then I use my normal face cream.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2011 3:28:00 PM More reviews by islandangel676

I tried this product after my regular Lancome product was discontinued. I am fortunate to have clear skin and this product made me get small bumps all over my face after trying it. I spoke with a Lancome clerk and they told me that it couldn't have been due to their product. I was disappointed with the service and very disappointed in the product. I was a loyal Lancome customer for 15 years and will never buy any of the products in the future.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2011 4:12:00 PM More reviews by Shoppinmama3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Broke me out like no other! waste of money. saw no results as well.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2011 1:43:00 AM More reviews by lil_kismet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this based on all the rave reviews I've read and seen on YouTube about this product but my skin did not react well to Genifique at all. The first time I used it, I noticed a slight burning sensation and some redness atop my cheeks but thought burning sensation and redness would pass after a few uses. After using it for just over a week, to my dismay, the problem has only worsened and my cheeks have now broken out in red little bumps. They aren't painful or anything, but my cheeks have always had a smooth texture and fairly even tone until now. It definitely looks like an allergic reaction I'm having. On top of this, the dispensing mechanism is the sh!ts! Droppers from the pharmacy that cost me 75 cents work better than this. Needless to say, I am sorely disappointed, as I made the mistake of purchasing the large size bottle for $140CAD! Don't make the same mistake I did -- TRY BEFORE YOU BUY rather than jumping the gun and listening to the hype.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2011 10:22:00 PM More reviews by hollyannie2001

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Useless. Received months' worth of samples (GWP at Lancome counter), used religiously, did NOTHING for my skin. NOTHING. It was like rubbing drops of water in. Disappeared and made absolutely zero difference in tone, texture, clarity, fine lines, evenness, brightness or softness. Glad I didn't actually buy a bottle of this.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by sickofacne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

ok, so I got this in a sample package with a whole bunch of other "crap" testers.

I dont need this stuff right now (at my age), BUT, I said "What the hell" and tried it. wow!

I do not have serious acne issues, but I have never had a completely clear face EVER. This stuff clears the heck out of a pimple!!! Forget about the anti-aging promises, just use it for your acne. My pimples die down with 24 hours, and within 3 days, no scar, no nothing! I have been using this 2 x a day for the last 3 weeks, and though I am cringing at buying a full EXPENSIVE bottle, I have to, just because my face would never forgive me if I didn't. Also, I am an oil slick by noon, and this stuff sucks it away, as well as creates a nice smooth canvas for my makeup, cause my face feels like a baby's butt.

I will say 4 lippies, only due to price.