Bath and Body Works whole store

3.5

on 1/5/2005 6:02:00 PM

Ho hum, use to like this stuff back in the day but now it's just boring and I don't think the quality is any better than some drug store products. IMO their products are way overpriced. My mom stocks up when they have sales and I just steal her body wash stuff cause some of the scents are nice but the quality is nothing special. When I was prego I loved the White Tea and Ginger shower cream which has annoyingly been discontinued, so sad cause it reminds me of that happy time. And I do hate the pushy sales people like others have mentioned. I've sworn off their body creams and lotions, they just don't seem effective. I won't even steal them from my mom anymore!

on 11/19/2004 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

The products are great, but it's easy to get lost in that store and the things are put together in any random order.

on 11/11/2004 11:47:00 AM

Overall I really like BBW, but my major complaint is the extremely pushy staff. Maybe its just the store here, but they will not leave you alone. I spend just as much time trying to avoid them as I do looking at the products.

on 8/22/2004 12:40:00 PM

I wrote a review for Bath And Body Works before, but I've decided to revise it. Don't get me wrong, I will always shop there and I do like the store. However, I liked it much better and spent more money there in the 90's. The scents were of a much better quality with more fragrances to choose from. It used to be fun to shop there, but it's gotten very boring over the years. Even the packaging isn't catchy to me anymore. Some of the favorites can be ordered over the phone (which was nice of them), but when ordering multiple items the shipping cost gets too expensive for me to want to purchase anything. Not to mention, not all of the discontinued scents are available, not even all of the best sellers. It would be more convenient for customers for these scents to be offered at the store, hopefully permanently in their original formulas (not just a few at the Semi Annual Sale). I would rather see that instead of all of the different lines they come out with i.e.- spa and aromatherapy. I never could figure out why B&BW would do that when so many other companies are doing the same thing. They used to be the pioneer of bath products, now just the run of the mill like every other brand. I do like the new Black Raspberry Vanilla and Peony, those have restored my hope that that the store might be going back to the way it was when we had wall to wall fragrances with tons of new stuff to choose from along with all of the favorites. Until then, I'll be shopping at the Semi Annual sale and only then.

on 6/7/2004 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have grown tired of this store. I first started shopping here in 1995 and got the sun-ripened raspberry body splash which smelled like cheap drugstore perfume. Matter of fact, most of their scents smell like cheap drugstore perfume. The scents are so-so(with the exception of juniper breeze and cucumber melon) but EVERYONE has them. I loved the make-your-own-lotion thing they had in the late 90's but they discontinued that.The only thing I buy from there is the Warm Vanilla Sugar products. I generally do not shop here.

on 4/17/2004 8:44:00 AM

I used to shop at this store all the time-and have spent tons of money there. However, over the last several years I have spent less and less time there. The only products I check out anymore are the aromatherapy products. Everything else in the store seems just really cheap to me now, both quality of product and packaging. 2/05: revisited store. WHAT a mess. I don't know what is worse: no marketing direction or too many directions. Tutti Dolci all up front, Bigelow in the middle (what the heck), anti bac way in a back corner, a tiny kids section, a tiny men's section, some aromatherapy here, some there, some simplicity here, some there. It was like 10 different lines of thought with no organization. Whatever. Reminded me why I hadn't been in there in about 6 months.

on 4/12/2004 8:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

The last time I was in the store was quite a while ago. I promised myself I would never go back. My problem is I go in for a lotion and a candle,and the the clerk tells me all the deals and I end up spending 3 thimes more than I meant to spend. Even though I say I'm going to ignore the deals, I can not resist. Juniper Breeze was my signiture scent.

on 4/12/2004 1:30:00 AM

I love this store. I use the body lotions regularly and my nails love it. Though I think the lotion quality used to be thicker a few years back! I also love the antibacterial soaps!! I also like the fact that some stores have sinks to wash your hands with their tester soaps. They are a bit pricey but worth the money to me.

Ohhh, and I also love the fact that if you try a new scent and half way through the bottle you get get sick of it, you can exchange it even without a receipt!! If it's a seasonal scent, they'll give you back half the price if it's out of the season.

on 4/3/2004 3:08:00 AM

I am a die hard TBS fan, and have never liked B&BW for many things, since everyone began making the same products at the same time. I recently visited a B&BW and noticed that many of the items they carry are very similar to SB products sold in a discount change store, in fact, alot of the packaging look extremely similar. Pay twice as much just so I can get it at the mall? Not likely.

on 3/10/2004 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I do love the store but I have to admit that I like how the store used to be. They are focusing on to many products that can be confusing to some people. My all time favorite is Freesia (which they discontinued) and Sheer Freesia which I love and they still have. Their skin care line is good and very affordable if you are comparing it to the department store prices. I would shop there again and again.

Popular Other Products