January 26, 2015 | 1053 users online

Other - Bath and Body Works - whole store

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2004 11:47:00 AM More reviews by rockmom66

Overall I really like BBW, but my major complaint is the extremely pushy staff. Maybe its just the store here, but they will not leave you alone. I spend just as much time trying to avoid them as I do looking at the products.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2004 12:40:00 PM More reviews by km83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wrote a review for Bath And Body Works before, but I've decided to revise it. Don't get me wrong, I will always shop there and I do like the store. However, I liked it much better and spent more money there in the 90's. The scents were of a much better quality with more fragrances to choose from. It used to be fun to shop there, but it's gotten very boring over the years. Even the packaging isn't catchy to me anymore. Some of the favorites can be ordered over the phone (which was nice of them), but when ordering multiple items the shipping cost gets too expensive for me to want to purchase anything. Not to mention, not all of the discontinued scents are available, not even all of the best sellers. It would be more convenient for customers for these scents to be offered at the store, hopefully permanently in their original formulas (not just a few at the Semi Annual Sale). I would rather see that instead of all of the different lines they come out with i.e.- spa and aromatherapy. I never could figure out why B&BW would do that when so many other companies are doing the same thing. They used to be the pioneer of bath products, now just the run of the mill like every other brand. I do like the new Black Raspberry Vanilla and Peony, those have restored my hope that that the store might be going back to the way it was when we had wall to wall fragrances with tons of new stuff to choose from along with all of the favorites. Until then, I'll be shopping at the Semi Annual sale and only then.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2004 1:38:00 AM More reviews by neicy81

I have grown tired of this store. I first started shopping here in 1995 and got the sun-ripened raspberry body splash which smelled like cheap drugstore perfume. Matter of fact, most of their scents smell like cheap drugstore perfume. The scents are so-so(with the exception of juniper breeze and cucumber melon) but EVERYONE has them. I loved the make-your-own-lotion thing they had in the late 90's but they discontinued that.The only thing I buy from there is the Warm Vanilla Sugar products. I generally do not shop here.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2004 8:44:00 AM More reviews by Andrea516

I used to shop at this store all the time-and have spent tons of money there. However, over the last several years I have spent less and less time there. The only products I check out anymore are the aromatherapy products. Everything else in the store seems just really cheap to me now, both quality of product and packaging. 2/05: revisited store. WHAT a mess. I don't know what is worse: no marketing direction or too many directions. Tutti Dolci all up front, Bigelow in the middle (what the heck), anti bac way in a back corner, a tiny kids section, a tiny men's section, some aromatherapy here, some there, some simplicity here, some there. It was like 10 different lines of thought with no organization. Whatever. Reminded me why I hadn't been in there in about 6 months.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2004 8:23:00 AM More reviews by Lulalu

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The last time I was in the store was quite a while ago. I promised myself I would never go back. My problem is I go in for a lotion and a candle,and the the clerk tells me all the deals and I end up spending 3 thimes more than I meant to spend. Even though I say I'm going to ignore the deals, I can not resist. Juniper Breeze was my signiture scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2004 1:30:00 AM More reviews by Jhoney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this store. I use the body lotions regularly and my nails love it. Though I think the lotion quality used to be thicker a few years back! I also love the antibacterial soaps!! I also like the fact that some stores have sinks to wash your hands with their tester soaps. They are a bit pricey but worth the money to me.

Ohhh, and I also love the fact that if you try a new scent and half way through the bottle you get get sick of it, you can exchange it even without a receipt!! If it's a seasonal scent, they'll give you back half the price if it's out of the season.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2004 3:08:00 AM More reviews by angelsmoki

I am a die hard TBS fan, and have never liked B&BW for many things, since everyone began making the same products at the same time. I recently visited a B&BW and noticed that many of the items they carry are very similar to SB products sold in a discount change store, in fact, alot of the packaging look extremely similar. Pay twice as much just so I can get it at the mall? Not likely.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2004 12:30:00 PM More reviews by Nickyjoe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I do love the store but I have to admit that I like how the store used to be. They are focusing on to many products that can be confusing to some people. My all time favorite is Freesia (which they discontinued) and Sheer Freesia which I love and they still have. Their skin care line is good and very affordable if you are comparing it to the department store prices. I would shop there again and again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2004 10:36:00 AM More reviews by andreaskye

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am going to agree with everyone that the "old school" B & B W was way better then it is now. Now there are so many products, it is hard to pin any down. Way back when (I sound like an old lady going "back in my day...." LOL) there was a few scents and all the accompaniments for each one, now everything is so mixed. But my Mom did get me Coconut Verbena set for christmas and Yum. I also like the moonlight path scent. Very nice. Still a fun store but just so many times I can't make up my mind and leave...LOL!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2004 9:39:00 PM More reviews by Jonsy

Please,tell me which scents are going to be discontinued so I can stock up on some :).ANyway,I like the store,although prices aren't dirt cheap ,especially for Pure Silk in glass bottles.And scrubs ,too. On sale I see only scents that I don't really care for .Otherwise,a good store.