October 25, 2014 | 1880 users online

Self Tanners - Jergens - Natural Glow Foaming Daily Moisturizer-Medium Tan

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2009 2:39:00 PM More reviews by Scott77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Excellent product.

Pros:
Cost.
Blends easily.
Only slight sunless tanner smell.
Actually adds moisture to skin and makes skin feel soft.
Nice texture, not sticky after it dries.
Natural color.

Cons:

None

This is really easy and pleasant to use. I followed some tips I read here in the reviews of this product. Use a small amount and blend until it dries. Use it twice a day at first until you get the color you want. It doesn't transfer onto clothing and it does not feel uncomfortable or sticky. I even used it on my face and had nice results.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2009 10:20:00 AM More reviews by djdaclwn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After reading many reviews on the board, I decided to try this product. I made note that there was a little tab to break in order to dispense the product. That being said I applied hours after my shower, and I am a med. skin toned woman. I could not believe the color I had in one application! I could have bought the BE Faux Tan but I have to say this was only my first application, and I am pleasantly surprised! I will review later if there are any negatives. So far so good!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2009 5:25:00 PM More reviews by Abbieness

I have tried many self tanners and for a few years have only ued Tan Towels. But this year those are cost-prohibative. Read about this product on MUA and decided to try it. I've used it for a few weeks now and I am sure I will repurchase at this point. Nice gradual tanning, not orange. So easy to apply, I like the foam, it is very spreadable and the easiest tanner to apply I have every tried. It dries super quickly. I've had no problem putting on clothes a couple minutes after applying. With tan towels I had to wait like 20 mins to put on clothes. No staining on clothes so far. I found the tan lasts really well too. No weird spots or streaks. It doesn't last on my face most likely because I use glycolic products and retinoids. But thats ok. It has the same slight lingering scent that all self tanners seem to have. I wouldn't put it on then go on a date because of that. But its not the worst, I don't really notice it the way I have with other products except a tiny bit. I got the medium dark one by mistake. I meant to get fair to medium because I am fair. But I used the medium anyway and I'm glad. Applying it once gave me a slight tan, the next time I applied it a week later it made me a little darker, not overboard.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2009 6:15:00 PM More reviews by reyrey503

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Very good product! Does have a tiny bit of smell to it but not as bad as the lotion and not very noticeable compared to all the other girls around my campus who fake bake and use tanning beds. I just tried it on my face which is acne prone (more cystic acne than surface acne) I am very fair and burn easily due to medication I am taking so it gives me a nice glow without looking orange and without exposing my fair skin to the sun.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2009 2:53:00 PM More reviews by marvin1

Great self-tanner. It gives a very natural "glow from within" kind of effect to my skin, does not leave streaks and doesn't have an offensive scent. I thought that it was a little pricey for the small can, but I think it'll actually last for quite a while because the mousse is very rich, a small glob can cover a surprisingly large area of my body. The colour of the tan is noticeable after one application, but it is a gradual deepening of colour instead of "BANG! ORANGE!". This is the only self-tanner that I will be using on my face, since the St Tropez lotion has such an offensive smell, and it much more unnatural.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2009 6:42:00 PM More reviews by kateST

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE. this is one of the best self tanners I've tried. no glitter, no stench, no dry skin, no streaking. the foam is VERY rich, tiny bit really does cover a whole arm. very easy to spread, it dries quickly. after 1 application i had a sublte but noticable color. after second application the color is building up very nicely and it does not have that orange undertone that the original lotion has. during application the smell is strong, but it fades out as quickly as the foam dries. it does not linger on me at all. i also used it on my face and it did not irritate, dry out or cause breakouts. i've used a tiny amount on top of my palms, smeared it all sloppy by rubbing the top of my palms together, and i still did not get any streaks! this is definately a product i can recommend to everyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2009 9:26:00 PM More reviews by bwbrewster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

HOW TO FIX THE BOTTLE- TO MAKE IS EASIER TO PUSH
Ok, I think I have figured out how to make this not so hard to push-- there is a small piece of plastic attached to the base under where the foam comes out- you need to pull the top back to BREAK that tiny piece attached to the bottom...you will have no trouble pushing and will no longer have to try to use two hands!!
As for the product I think it is good. However I bought this shade first when I should have bought the lighter one. I will use this in the summer when I am naturally darker from the sun.
A couple tips though...
-EXFOLIATE! I didn't do a very good job the first time and did not turn out very good. However after careful scrubbing the results were better (I used the lighter shade the next time)
-A little goes a LONG way! I use the size of a tiny marshmallow on my face, a golf ball size for each of my legs, and in between size for my arms. The first time I used this, I used WAY too much.
-Rub it in until it feels like you are rubbing dry skin. It dries fast so work in small sections.
-When I am done I wash my hands really well, taking caution not to splash my arms. Then I use a makeup sponge, squirt a tiny bit of foam on it, and brush it along the back of my hands, wrist- top and bottom blending up to my arm, and a tiny bit on my fingers.
Overall I think the colour is natural- I have used products that were gross orange on me. As far as the scent- it is not that bad. Yes there is a faint self tanner smell but I have used worse and this is bearable.
Of all the self tanners I have used this will be the one I repurchase.

15 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2009 1:28:00 PM More reviews by lisaf6501

Easily the best self-tanner I have ever tried, and I've tried a ton: Lancome, Clarins, Scott Barnes, Dior, and all sorts of drugstore varieties, too. I bought this tanner based on the recommendations here. I was hesitant to try Jergens again, because their Natural Glow lotion smells ridiculously bad. This, however, is the least-offensive smelling tanner I've ever used. I can put it on before work and don't have to worry about stinking all day. It hardly has a smell at all, and I'm really sensitive to that.

The color is nice and natural with no streaks. The foam glides on easily. Be careful not to dispense too much at once. Rub it into your skin, let dry for 5 minutes, and you're set to go. I'm quite pale and I use the medium to tan version without any problems at all.

Also, this stuff is super affordable. I think about $8 or so at Walgreens. I love it. There is no need for me to ever spend $40 on a self tanner again. This one has them all beat.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2009 9:09:00 PM More reviews by Dori319

i dont know what any of these people are talking about because i HATED this product. I am/was such a huge fan of the lotion form of this they had last summer, it tanned really well on my light skin and wasnt streaky. I used this twice this past weekend and im soo streaky that i look like i have a disease. and this stuff smells, just like the lotion (but wayyy worse) so if you're buying it cause you hate the lotion's smell, its the same exact smell. im gonna need to return this and exchange it for the lotion kind that actually works and doesnt leave streaks.

EDIT: Im trying to give this a second chance and just assume that I didnt rub this in good enough (its harder to know where you've already put it and how much you've put than the lotion version) but it seems to work better when you keep rubbing in even when it seems theres nothing left to rub just to make sure theres no streaks. I've been able to get rid of the streaks by reapplying this again and more evenly so i will bump up the lippie score.

EDIT AGAIN: I just bought the lotion stuff and I can notice (as well as my friends) that i look so much tanner after 3 uses of lotion. I couldnt tell barely at all when I used the foam all summer that i had darkened at all. I will continue to repurchase the lotion but not the foam because it doesnt work at all on me, and it smells like i just got back from the gym without having worn deodorant (in my boyfriend's words)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2009 10:24:00 AM More reviews by jamielee983

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I agree 100% on everything SaraLee2 (the user below me) said about this!!!

I purchased this 3 days ago, and WOW I am impressed. It is SO easy to use, gives beautiful non-streaky non-smelly non-blotchy non-orange color. Amazing. Like other users have said, the dispenser is a little tough, though. The foam comes out in a smooth and consistent way, but actually gripping the bottle and top to death is getting annoying. Maybe they did it on purpose? If you didn't know any better, it would be very easy to pump out waaay too much, because a little goes such a long way. The consistency of the foam is more of a hair mousse. Very lightweight, very spreadable, very soft.

I have used it 2x a day for 3 days and have the best color I have ever gotten from a sunless product. I was out in the sun yesterday, and could it be true? I thought I saw a touch of shimmer? I will have to wait and see what others think about that, but I don't think my eyes deceived me.

Overall Rating - 5 (the BEST sunless product I have ever used!)
Price - 2 (I paid $7.47 for a 5oz bottle. You only have to use a teensy bit of foam for each body part, so you get a lot of product for not a lot of money.)
Packaging Quality - 3 (The foam dispenser is difficult, IMO it would be easy to make it more of a "hair mousse" dispenser.)
Would I buy this again? OF COURSE!

Give this a try. You won't be disappointed.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No