November 23, 2014 | 1930 users online

Concealers - Kat Von D - Tattoo Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 8:48:00 PM More reviews by supragurl7

This is the best concealer for scars, moles, freckles, etc... However, it is not good for undereye as it is too thick. I don't have extremely dark under eye circles so I don't need such a heavy concealer for it. Unfortunately, I do have a ton of freckles (light and dark), a ton of moles, and occasional breakouts. This is where this concealer comes to the rescue. Although, there are some poor reviews, I think they used it incorrectly. First off, it is not a good under eye concealer. Second, you must use a BRUSH. I started using this concealer with a typical flat synthetic concealer brush and I would pat the product on and blend the edges. I've tried fingers and what happen is, most of the product just gets stuck to my fingers leaving me with no coverage. I just bought the Sigma P82 dome shaped brush and it is the PERFECT tool for this concealer. I'd just stipple the product on my concerned areas and my moles and freckles dissappear! Third, if you truly want coverage for a dark mole, you MUST use the Tattoo Eraser. It works!!! This may sound like a lot of work, but the results achieved is worth it. This stuff also stay put! I am a flight attendant so I have long days (15 hour duty days), I sweat from lifting bags, I run from gate to gate, I'm subject to different environment (dry cabin air to kerosene tarmacs), and layovers in South East Asia humidity. The coverage will look the same from the time I put it on till I take it off at the end of the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2012 8:11:00 PM More reviews by nrc924

Love love love this concealer! I have very dark circles so a good concealer is a must. This product is very pigmented and offers a lot of coverage. I also love how it's a liquid because I can't stand cream concealers (they don't blend as well) and this blends beautifully.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2012 4:51:00 PM More reviews by Beautyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I loved this concealer. It covered my dark under eyes great & it didn't wear off look creased by the end of the day. It was good under my foundation to cover acne scarring also. It's one of the best concealers I've used. The tube lasted me a really long time so I guess the price isn't too bad when you think of how long it lasts. A little bit goes a long way with this one. If I didn't find a cheaper dupe(Hard Candy Glamoflauge) I would still be using this!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2012 3:44:00 AM More reviews by maxmommy2

Amazing stuff! I'm very pale, probably the palest person I know, and this is the perfect shade - not too pink, not too yellow. It's also very thick. I've tried it on a tattoo and it didn't really cover it up, but that's probably asking a lot and may possibly be done with several layers.

I also like to use this mixed with my morning moisterizer/spf to make a tinted moiserizer...a little goes a very long way so all it takes is a tiny squeeze. A really good solution for very pale girls. And it's never made me break out! The best one I've tried, can't recommend it enough and I have a drawer full of concealers.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 2:40:00 PM More reviews by AmandaPayge

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the few products that I would call one of my HG's. I am always on the lookout for newer and better but I have a feeling that my wandering is at an end for concealer. I am very fair and the lightest shade is perfect for me. I don't have undereye circles but this makes my face look so bright and awake when I dab a little, (a very little), under my eyes. There is no caking or creasing and it's very blendable. I have a freckle on my cheek that I usually cover but it always peeks through a little bit until now. It is 100% and completely gone after I put this on it. This tube should last for at least 2 or 3 years. You only need the tiniest bit and it works wonders. AND....it's in a squeeze tube!! I am a huge fan of anything in a squeeze tube. It seems more sanitary and you can get all of the product out. This one can't miss and is worth every penny. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2012 11:06:00 AM More reviews by fierymermaid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've always read and been told that it's best to use a concealer that is one shade lighter...however, in 14 years of wearing make-up, I have never found a concealer that was lighter than my skin. Even MAC, who is supposed to have the widest range of colours, didn't have a concealer that was lighter than my skin, just roughly the same colour as my skin. I have this in porcelain, which is the lightest colour available. It covers up my redness very well, consistency is great. I see why it's recommended to have a shade lighter concealer now! Thick but still creamy and easy to blend and doesn't settle into my pores (and I have large pores). You only need a teeny-tiny amount. This comes in a gigantic tube considering how little of it you actually need. At this rate, I'm gonna have the same tube in like, 5 years.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2012 1:16:00 AM More reviews by lechickpea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I honestly really like this concealer. It's thick, it covers anything and everything, yet I genuinely don't think it looks cake-y, even underneath the eyes... if you don't use too much of course. I find it tends to run a bit light- I'm NC20/25 and the Medium works perfectly for me. I think this is significantly better quality than the Hard Candy Glamoflage concealer, which is often considered its dupe.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 12:54:00 AM More reviews by makemeup15

I absolutely LOVE this product! I'm on my second or third tube of it and have no desire to try out any other concealer. I use it to conceal blemishes and it works amazing! After I put on the concealer all I need is to apply a powder on top for flawless looking skin. The concealer does not reduce the appearance of a bump on your skin but does take away all redness.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by slowe111

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have very bad undereye circles, it runs in my family.This is my absolute favorite concealer I have tried. I used to be obsessed with amazing cosmetics concealer because it is very thick and pigmented but it often was so thick that it looked cakey and would crease at times. I decided to give this concealer a try since i assumed if it could cover tattoos it would so wonders for my undereye circles. Well, i love it. I mix the medium and tan together for a perfect match or use either color depending on the season and how tan i am. It is a little thin at first, so i do have to let it sit on my skin for a little while to thicken up before i spread it around under my eye. It is a little pricey but the tube should last a very long time even for concealer addicts like myself!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2012 11:53:00 AM More reviews by esavage83

Pros:
Awesome at covering dark circles
Better color match(medium)for my nw-25 skin compared to amazing cosmetics and physicians formula
Pigmented
Heavy duty- lasts a long time!
Doesn't show creases

Cons:
Super dry- i put it in a sephora sample to travel and as soon as air hit, it hardened.. My other concealers did not do this
Not ideal for dry undercircles even after I put moisturizer under
Burned under my eye

I wanted to suffer through because it looked so good and lasted all day. It just felt horrible under my eyes. I prefer makeup forever lift concealer shade 2 over this.