Kat Von D Tattoo Concealer

3.8

All shades contain: Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Hexyl Laurate Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Lecithin, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Chloride, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Propylene, Carbonate, Silica, Alumina, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol. /- Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 9/2/2012 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I wanted to cry because of how god damn expensive this product was but I just love it to death. I personally don't like to conceal my dark circles, you might think this is weird but I like my dark circles. It adds more life into your eyes and with mascara you look completely different. Plus 85% of the time undereye concealers cake on so bad no matter what I do. I use concealer for my acne scars and redness onlyy.

It's great at covering blemishes, redness, and scars because it is just so pigmented and so build-able. It's not the most full coverage concealer out there but if you apply one thin layer, and add another, it could be a full-coverage concealer. I am NC42 in MAC Studio Fix Powder so I got the shade Medium 26 "Original Tan" and it matches me perfectly. The only reason I wanted a new concealer because the other concealer I was using had a strong yellow undertone and was way too pale, I couldn't deal with looking in the mirror and having white patches of concealer on my face and I'm glad I bought this concealer.

If you decide to build up the coverage I do recommend waiting until the concealer dries, because it can easily smudge, also wait for it to dry until you set it with powder. Other than the expensive price, I will keep buying this product until my acne scars disappear.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Kay Von D is my hero!! This concealer works amazingly well at covering blemishes and dark spots. I don't use it to cover my tats though- I like to show em off! What's great about the formula is that it's oil-free and looks natural on my face, not cakey or oily as other concealers do. My skin is oily & acne-prone for reference, and this product has not caused a breakout. My shade is Medium 22 which is yellow-toned and especially good for redness, my recommendation is to invest in a good setting powder to put on top of the concealer. Using this product without powder will make it less effective. I will repurchase this most definitely because it blows all other coverups out of the water! Seriously HG status and the tube lasts forever since you only need the tiniest amount for daily use.

on 8/16/2012 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Well when I bought this concealer I couldnt really tell the color from the website so it was a bit too light for me so I had to put foundation over it again so my natural skin color could show up, but otherwise it does last for a very long time, and it covers the circles under my eyes! I would buy it again but maybe in a darker shade! Oh and I also should mention that I used this for my face as an every day concealer and NOT a tattoo concealer.

on 7/31/2012 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Skin Tone: Nc/nw mix ranging 07-10 depending on the season.
Acne prone, sensitive, Combination skin. Silicone and silicone derivatives do not seem to give my skin any extra problems.

First, I must state that I have no used this product as an actual tattoo concealer. I have no interest in covering my tattoos. However, as a regular facial discoloration and blemish concealer, this is one of my Favorites. I am using light and sand. Sand is almost my current skin color at the height of summer. Light does an amazing job covering up the lack of sleep showing under my eyes.

I like the coverage, consistency, texture (like a creamy liquid), and durability of this product. Definitely long wear. I always wear a primer and use a setting powder, and I have little problems with this product creasing in any lines. It offers the same kind of coverage I have received from concealer when I wore Mac products in the past, however, with out the painful cystic Acne breakout later. The packaging is a easy to use and control squeeze tube, which I very much enjoy.

No Spf, so this working amazingly well with Flash photography. I personally like choosing what sunscreen (ingredients) I put on my face. I like my sunscreen and makeup to be two different products, so this is a plus plus for me.

I've only used this once so far, but here are the pros and cons in my opinion.

PROS:
Definitely full coverage. Actually, I'd say this covers blemishes better than anything I've tried. I was stuck on MAC studio sculpt for awhile but it comes off way too easily.

Seems to stay put and have good lasting power.

Spreads very easily. Isn't too thick like some concealers that blend out horribly.

Has a nice finish. I dont find that it looks cakey AT ALL.

CONS:

Color selection is a bit limited. The light works for me when I blend it out, so I dont really have any issue finding my color, but other people might.

Just for kicks and giggles, I tried layering it on my tattoo a bit. It didnt really cover it too well. But maybe if you have a smaller, dull tattoo, it might work better. Im not sure.

..And I havent really found any other cons yet.

Like I said, I havent used this more than once now, but so far, this is what I've seen. I like it at the moment, honestly. I think it works very well for blemishes and scars and what have you (maybe just not actually for tattoos.)

EDIT (8/6/12): I changed my rating from 4 to 5 lippies. Ive been using this consistently for about two weeks now and I LOVE it. It stays put amazingly well, has awesome lasting power, doubles as a face and under eye concealer, spreads out really easily, has great full coverage, and most of all doesn't break me out! I'd honestly say that this is my HG concealer by far. Love it.

on 7/18/2012 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Pretty ideal as far as concealers go. I have even skin, no acne or spots, but I do have dark circles. Finding a concealer that brightens the undereye area without giving me white rings in photos is tough (MAC C7 for reference). Kat Von D concealer in Caramel is a perfect match for me. The colour is very creamy. I knocked off a lippie because I have to apply it in layers which takes some time. I gently tap the product under my eye, wait 2 minutes, then add more to the darkest part of the ring. I think MUFE is more pigmented and long lasting but the KVD stuff is a better price for me. Also, this does not really hide my tats but I would never want to do that anyway :)

on 7/3/2012 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Never again. I was fooled into buying this since It claimed that it would cover tattoos. Most certainly untrue. I was matched to medium (I am an NC20) It was too dark. I tried It on, and It was horribly cakey. It drew attention to my lovely dry patches. I didn't even bother going back to get the right shade, this was a real let down.

on 6/28/2012 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Love this concealer. It's perfect for blemishes on the skin, not too sure about tattoos, though. The only thing you have to be conscious of is blending. Make sure to put it EXACTLY where you need to cover up and just pat it on, otherwise it will look cakey.

on 5/22/2012 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

sooooo, im an nc 25 roughly and i bought this is sand because light was too pink, but sand ended up being too light. so the color selection is sort of limited just because the undertones are too strong. the next yellow color after sand is medium, but that was way to dark. also, this emphasized EVERY dry flake on my face. so beware dry skinned ladies! i was also unimpressed with the coverage. my mac concealers still do the job better and they are not advertised as tattoo concealers. i was expecting much better. this did not even cover my broken capillaries.

on 5/17/2012 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I'm glad I got this as a sample...
I got a bit of the lightest shade and tried some on today.

The shade is absolutely PERFECT (I am extremely fair-skinned) but it caked up into the lines under my eyes.

Feeling my skin, it is dirty/textured/gritty to the touch, and this is after I washed/exfoliated and moisturized..

I tried using it as a tattoo concealer, just to see if y'know, it works. I put on 3 'layers' onto my chestpiece, and it KIND OF worked. I walked about for a little while in the sun and perspired a little, it melted right off.

I much prefer MAC Studio Sculpt in NC15 and it's matching li'l tube of concealer.

Top Rated Kat Von D Products