April 21, 2014 | 703 users online

Lip Treatments - Palmers - Cocoa Butter Stick

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2010 3:22:00 PM More reviews by mggimcg

This stuff is great! while I don't break out usually, once and while I have a blemish that really annoys me, and even when it starts to go away it's still sort of red and noticeable and dry from the tea tree oil i've undoubtedly applied to it. When I use THIS it fades a million times faster and soothes the irritated skin. Super cheap, feels smoothe and buttery, doubles as a lip balm and smells like chocolate.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2010 10:28:00 PM More reviews by ericaleigh777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Fantastic! Cheap, huge amount of product, moisturizing, works wonders on chapped lips, smells nice...What more could I ask for? I have repurchased again and again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2010 6:11:00 PM More reviews by miomega

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stick does not moisturize AT ALL. You rub it on and absolutely nothing happens. Believe me, I tried...I thought I was buying the original cream but in stick form.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2010 10:34:00 PM More reviews by kimmybee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my absolute favorite lip balm! I love it because it doesn't have a nasty plasticy taste, it smells great, and it moisturizes and lasts well. And after using it, my lipstick goes on smoother because my lips aren't dry!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2010 10:55:00 PM More reviews by bronzerboo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ah yes my HG lip balm! As others here have said, Palmers Cocoa Butter Swivel Stick smells good, but amazingly doesn't taste like anything. It's also cheap and wonderfully moisturizing. I've been using mine for about 4 months and I still have plenty left, even though I'm always reaching to apply it! I either wear it by itself or under lipstick (I must say it's a great primer for lipstick-not too greasy at all). I LOVE this stuff!!! <3 I've even grown to like the gluestick-like packaging bc it sets itself apart from other lip balms=)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2010 5:57:00 PM More reviews by LZK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am LOVING this as a daily lip balm/stick!!! Switched from Kiehl's $10 lip balm which just felt like glorified vaseline that masked the problem and didn't treat it (no idea why i kept buying it!).

I have very dry lips that peel everyday, its quite frustrating since I'm really getting into lipsticks now. While this is no overnight miracle, it has really been helping as oppose dto just hiding the problem. I think that this in combination with exfoliation and treating the lips with an oil (such as vitamin E or castor oil overnight) will really help the overall condition of my lips.

I recommend this over any chapstick, blistex, etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2010 4:15:00 AM More reviews by MakeUp_0507

I really really like this cocoa stick. It's multi-purpose and so convenient to use. Also very sanitary cause it's in a stick form. I use this as a moisturizer sometimes on my under eyes and always use it on my lips. This really helps my dry chapped lips and I've had this stick for awhile since it's pretty big so it'll last me a long time before I have to buy another one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2010 10:33:00 PM More reviews by onethousandcurls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Price: This huge tube cost me about $2.50 at Wal-Mart, and the size makes this an absolute STEAL.

Convenience: I went to Target, CVS, Walgreens, and Wal-Mart before I finally found it. The first three stores carry Palmer's products, but apparently not the stick in my area. I wish it was at the Target near my house, but the Wal-Mart isn't far.

Packaging: I am a loyal fan of balms in stick form. I refuse to even try pots or tins because they are inconvenient, unsanitary, and a pain in the BUTT. The stick swivels up and down just fine. The size is large - not pocket size in my opinion, but I carry a purse or at least have large pockets (winter coat). If it came in smaller size, I'd go with that (are you listening Palmer's?).

As a lip balm: Goes on smooth, does not form that white line of gunk just inside the lip, doesn't cause a whitish film on the lips, feels smooth without being waxy or worse, thin and oily. Very soothing. Imparts a subtle sheen, but not glossy, and it decreases as it sinks in. Leaves very soft lips, and I am picky about balms in this department. If I don't wear it for a few hours, I'm not left with dried out parched lips. It doesn't cause dependence.

Other uses: The minute I opened this, I scratched my thumb with a fingernail (2 inch welt), and I could see it already rising into a big red raised line. Well, I ran the stick down the line, and now 4 hours later I have no trace of the scratch (you know it would have taken a couple days to go away, too). The pain was gone almost immediately.

Other: The smell is absolutely DIVINE. I uncap it just to smell it. It smells like cocoa (duh). It is heaven for the olfactory system. And, possibly one of my biggest turn-ons: NO TASTE! No chemicalls, and THANK GOD no fake flavoring!! I'm not grossed out if I happen to lick my lips or eat something that gets the balm on it.

I'll be repurchasing, especially if this develops into a multi-purpose product.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2010 2:22:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This lip balm is amazing ~ it glides right on your lips and makes them so smooth! I bought three tubes for $2.00 at Big Lots, so it was a great deal. I like that it's an over sized tube ~ not sure why it's called a "Swivel Stick". I will keep one in my desk drawer, one in my purse and one on my nightstand. This has become a new staple in my beauty regime. Love this!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2009 3:29:00 PM More reviews by rxb95376

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this 2 months ago because my lips were severly dry, chapped, cracked because of a windy day so I bought this to soothe my lips and seriously the next day the cracking was gone, the dry flakes were easily sloughed off! I love the non-taste scent! My husband calls it the kit-kat stuff since he smells cocoa, I think it smells more like twix! But nevertheless, I keep this in my purse at all times I catch myself swiping more and more on minutes after applying haha! Such an addict! I bough an extra stick to sooth my eyebrows after being shaped, and it causes no break outs like baby oil does, but promotes healing faster. My lips have never felt so much softer and moisturized! Love this stuff!